According to PwC’s (PricewaterhouseCoopers) 24th Annual Global CEO Survey, India emerged as the 5th most attractive growth destination in the world. India has slipped one position to 5th, after being surpassed by the United Kingdom which took the 4th Position.
The USA emerged as the Number one market favoured by CEOs over the next 1 year followed by China, Germany.
- The survey covered 5, 050 CEOs in 100 Countries & Territories including India.
- Japan took the 6th position overtaking Australia.
- 76% of CEOs expect the global economic recovery to improve in 2021.
i.The Top 5 threats of 2021 according to CEOs are
- Pandemic & other Health Crises
- Cyber Threats
- Policy Uncertainty
- Uncertain Economic Growth
ii.The survey also highlights that China CEOs prioritise large economies for growth as US CEOs continue to pull away from China.
Percentage of Top Threats Globally & Asia Pacific Region:
- Pandemics and other health crises is the top threat for Global CEO’s with 52%.It was followed by Cyber threats-47%, Over-regulation – 42%, Policy uncertainty – 38%, Uncertain economic growth – 35%.
- Similarly Pandemics and other health crises with 58% is the top threat for the Asia-Pacific CEO’s.It was followed by Cyber threats – 40%, Uncertain economic growth -39%, Policy uncertainty-36%, Over-regulation -36%, Availability of key skills -36%.
Recent Related News:
i.February 1, 2021, According to the report ‘Upskilling for Shared Prosperity’ – January 2021 released by WEF in collaboration with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Investments in Upskilling can boost the Global GDP by USD 6.5 Trillion by 2030 also adding that it has the potential to boost India’s GDP by USD 570 Billion (INR 40 Lakh Crore) by 2030.
About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC):
Chairman – Robert E. Moritz
Headquarters – London, UK