The subscribers of Atal Pension Yojana (APY) can now have online access to their statement of transaction (e-SOT) and Permanent Retirement Account Number (e-PRAN).
Features of Online Tool for Atal Pension Yojana Users:
Through the newly launched online tool, APY subscribers can get account related information viz.pension commencement date, pension amount, transaction details, name of the nominee, name of the associated bank
- Even if the subscriber’s APY PRAN is not readily available, information can be accessed by providing date of birth and savings bank account number.
- An option to print the e-PRAN card is also available.
- In case of any changes in account details, the subscriber can re-print the e-PRAN card with updated details.
- Although these value added facilities are meant for self-use, it can also be used by APY service providers to improve the quality of customer service.
About Atal Pension Yojana (APY):
Atal Pension Yojana is a guaranteed pension scheme, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 9, 2015. It became operational from June 1, 2015.
- It is administered by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- All Indian citizens in the age group of 18-40 years are eligible to subscribe for this scheme.
- Depending on the age at entry and amount of contribution, every subscriber will get a guaranteed pension in the range of Rs. 1000 – Rs. 5000 per month after he/she attains the age of 60 years.
- The scheme is being executed across the country through APY service providers comprising Public Sector Banks, Private Banks, Regional Rural Banks, District Cooperative Banks, State Cooperative Banks, Urban Cooperative Banks, Department of Posts and one foreign bank.
- Till date, 45 lakh subscribers have registered for this scheme. Around 10000-15000individuals are subscribing to this scheme every day.