Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- “Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme” for persons with disabilities
- Kharif crops 1st advance production estimates 2015-16 released
Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa inaugurates butterfly park at Vandalur
- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, J Jayalalitha has inaugurated a butterfly park from the secretariat.
- The butterfly park has constructed at an estimated cost Rs.4 crore over the 6.7 acres of land at the Arignar Anna Zoological Park at Vandalur.
- The park includes 200 species of plants and trees and will have a conductive atmosphere for the butterflies.
- She has also inaugurated River Cauvery Interpretation Centre at Kallanai dam in Thanjavur.
First NIMZ to come up in Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh is set to house India’s first National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) over the 10km of land in Prakasham district.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has relaxed the requirement of land for setting up an NIMZ, from 50 sq km to 10 sq km.
- DIPP has approved totally 12 NIMZs till now. The NIMzs are namely Nagpur (Maharashtra), Medak (Telangana), Chittor( Rajasthan), Kalinganagar (Odisha) and Tumkur, Kolar, Gulbarga, Bidar in Karnataka etc.,
- Andhra Pradesh has estimated that the NIMZ would create opportunities for 20,500 direct jobs and 29,200 indirect jobs and attract an investment of over Rs 43,500 crore.
Weeklong Ladakh Festival celebration begins at Leh
- The 7-day celebration of Ladakh festival has started in Leh town of Jammu & Kashmir. Ladakh festival has been organized by the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department and concerned stakeholders.
- During the traditional festival, ethnic, religious and cultural life of the people in Ladakh is presented to visitors.
- Photographic exhibition, handicraft exhibition, polo matches and the traditional archery matches and music concerts are held during in that festival.
Cow becomes national animal of Nepal
- Cow, which is sacred to Hindus, has been declared the national animal of Nepal in the country’s newly-unveiled secular constitution.
- Nepal had adopted a new constitution on Sunday after years of political wrangling.
China to open museum with rare Buddhists statues in Hebei
- China will open a museum displaying rare Buddhist statues some of them as old as 1,500 years in its Hebei Province next month.
- The museum in Linzhang County will exhibit more than 200 statues and statue fragments in three showrooms.
Sebastian Vettel wins 2015 Singapore Grand Prix
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel has won 2015 Singapore Grand Prix F1 Championship that was held on the first street circuit, Marina Bay in Asia.
- It was the fourth victory in Singapore Grand Prix as he had earlier won in 2011, 2012 and 2013 championships.
- Singapore Grand Prix is the third one for Germany based F1 driver in this year and already he won two championships which includes 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix and also 2015 Hungarian Grand Prix.
Kenyan veteran Kipchumba wins 2015 Beijing Marathon
- Forty-one-year-old Kenyan veteran Mariko Kipchumba clocked 2 hours 11 minutes to win the 2015 Beijing Marathon & becoming the first non-Ethiopian athlete to win the event since 2011.
Odia lyricist Nizam passed away at the age of 62
- Noted Odia lyricist Nizam today passed away at a private hospital here after a prolonged illness & He was 62.
Veteran Communist leader MP Sadhan Gupta passes away
- Mr. Sadhan Gupta, 98-year old veteran communist leader MP and lawyer passed away.
- He became India’s first visually-challenged MP from the Kolkata south-east constituency in 1953 and He was re-elected as MP for the second consecutive term till 1962.
- He became the first visually-challenged Advocate General of West Bengal in 1986.
- Mr. Sadhan Gupta was also the founder-president of the National Federation of the Blind.
- He was also served as the first president of the Disabled Peoples International India.
Radhika Thilak Malayalam playback singer passes away
- Radhika Thilak, 45-year old renowned Malayalam playback singer passed away at a private hospital in Kochi due to cancer.
- She had sung 70 songs for Malayalam. Some of the noted songs in Malayalam film industry which were sung by Radhika Thilak namely, Arunakirana deepam, Deva sangeetham, Maya manchalil and Kaithapoo manam etc.,
- She was one of the top singers on All India Radio. She was also a noted TV anchor.
- Radhika Thilak has also sung several devotional songs.
Books & Authors
Book titled ‘Building a just world: Essays in Honour of Muchkund Dubey’ released
- Our President, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee received the first copy of a book “Building a Just World: Essays in honour of Muchkund Dubey” at Rashtrapati Bhavan from the Trustee of India International Centre, Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan.
- Professor Muchkund Dubey is a Former Ambassador and Former Indian Foreign Secretary, the administrative head of the Indian Foreign Service, GOI.
- He is also President of Council for Social Development (CSI) and Chairman of the Asian Development Research Institute, Patna.
World Alzheimer’s Day – September 21
- September 21st of every year, is observed as World Alzheimer’s Day in order to raise awareness on Alzheimer’s disease.
- The September month is also observed as World Alzheimer’s Month. 2015 will mark the fourth global World Alzheimer’s Month an international campaign to raise awareness and challenge stigma.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia which started slowly with simple loss of memory and gets worse over time.
- More than 50 lakh people suffering from dementia, and an approximately 80 % affected by Alzheimer disease in India. This count is expected to double by 2030 according to the experts.