Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
IndiGo, Infibeam, Teamlease files for IPO
- Indigo, Infibeam and Teamlease have filed a draft prospectus for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) to list on the domestic stock market.
- The draft papers of all three IPOs were submitted to SEBI.
- IndiGo is looking to raise Rs. 2,000-2,500 crore through the IPO while Teamlease is looking to raise Rs. 450-500 crore and Infibeamabout Rs. 400 crore.
- Indigo – It is the biggest airline company by market share. Its parent company is InterGlobe Enterprises.
- Teamlease – It is a leading recruitment consultants, human resource outsourcing and staffing company in India.
- Infibeam – It is an e-retailer involved in Online Retailing, E-Commerce Software and Internet Services
Afghan prez Ghani nominates first female judge to Supreme Court
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani nominated a female judge to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in an unprecedented move that has angered some Islamic conservatives.
- Anisa Rasouli, the head of the Afghan Women Judges Association and a former juvenile court judge, was the only female nominated to the nine-member bench after the announcement was delayed due to opposition by a group of Islamic conservatives earlier this month.
- President Ghani’s wife Rula stepped into the limelight during the presidential election last year and has been actively campaigning for women’s rights since then.
Suzuki Motor CEO names son to succeed him as president
- Suzuki Motor Corp’s CEO Osamu Suzuki named his eldest son Toshihiro Suzuki as the new president of the company.
- Executive Vice President Toshihiro Suzuki took over as president and chief operating officer.
- Osamu Suzuki will remain CEO and Chairman of the company.
Famous Writer Vishwanath Tripathi chosen for 28th Moorti Devi Award
- Noted Hindi writer Vishwanath Tripathi is chosen for the 28th Moorti Devi Award for his work “Vyomkesh Darvesh”.
- ‘Vyomkesh Darvesh’ is the fictional biography of noted Hindi critic Hazariprasad Dwivedi.
President conferred Punyabhushan Award on Prataprao Pawar
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented the ‘Punyabhushan‘ award to media personality Pratap Pawar.
- Punyabhushan means Jewel of Pune is awarded every year to an eminent personality from the field of arts, music, culture, science, industry, social service, or sports.
Banking & Finance
SBI partners with MakeMyTrip for travel business
- India’s largest bank State Bank of India partnered with online travel company MakeMyTrip.com to take advantage on the business opportunities of the booming e-commerce and m-commerce ecosystem.
- The partnership includes EMIs on purchase of holidays & international travel, customized travel products like Forex cards and travel products that inspire SBI customers to travel.
- SBI Chairman – Arundhati Bhattacharya
- MakeMyTrip Chairman & Group CEO – Deep Kalra
Science & Technology
First-ever potential treatment for MERS identified
- Scientists have identified two promising drug candidates to prevent and treat the deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) disease.
- The two antibodies, REGN3051 and REGN3048 have shown an ability to neutralise the virus.
- MERS can cause severe respiratory symptoms and has a death rate of 40 per cent. Researchers discovered and validated two remedies that show early promise in preventing and treating the disease.
Vargas double takes hosts Chile into Copa final
- Eduardo Vargas scored two goals to take his team Chile one step closer of winning Copa America Cup.
- Chile defeated Peru by 2-1 in the semi-finals. Chile will face the winners of the other semi-final between favourites Argentina and Paraguay.
Books & Authors
Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji written by Abdul Kalam
- Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji, a book written by former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and Arun Tiwari was released on 15 June 2015.
- In this book the authors have mapped a journey of self-realization reflected in the eyes of Pramukh Swamiji, painting a delightful fusion of spirituality, science and leadership.