Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score More Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – June 26 2015
Petroleum Ministry to invest Rs.1,300 crore in Telangana
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan said The Petroleum Ministry will invest over Rs.1,300 crore in Telangana on the new projects as well as on expansion of the existing ones this year.
- Two new LPG bottling plans in northern Telangana will be set up and the capacity of two plants of IOC with over Rs. 300 crore will be doubled and there will be strengthening CNG/PNG supply facilities in Hyderabad.
Sunil Hitech commissions 5MW solar project in Maharashtra
- Sunil Hitech has commissioned 5 MW solar power project at Solapur in Maharashtra.
- The company said it is committed to the green initiatives in the power sector.
- This will give boost to the government’s vision to commission 100 GW of solar power projects by 2022.
- China, India fast-track BCIM economic corridor project
- India, US ink MoUs on health infra, research and technology
Vatican signs historic accord with Palestine
- The Vatican signed a historic first agreement with Palestine, after officially recognizing it as a state two years ago.
- The agreement, a treaty will cover the activities of the Church in the parts of the holy land under Palestinian control.
BRICS bank to start by April
- The BRICS Bank also known as New Development Bank (NDB) is expected start operations and start financing projects by April 2016.
- Its first President K.V. Kamath said this at the CII National Council Meeting.
- New Development Bank was founded by the BRICS nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), has now decided to expand its scope of operations to other member nations as well.
Ericsson appoints Paolo Colella as India Head
- Ericsson has appointed Paolo Colella as India Head. He will succeed Chris Houghton who will assume the role as Head of North East Asia region.
- Colella had worked as Executive VP Sales and Marketing at Ericsson UK. He joined Ericsson in 2001 as Vice President – Global Services at Ericsson Italia and since then has held different positions within sales and marketing, services and key account management.
Banking & Finance
Viswanathan Anand ends second in Norway Chess
- Viswanathan Anand played a draw with Veselin Topalov of Bulgaria to finish second in Norway chess tournament
- United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
Legendary Ghazal singer Vithal Rao dead
- Legendary Ghazal singer D. Vithal Rao passed away.
- Vithal Rao was among the few living legends of Ghazals and the last court singer of Nizam of Hyderabad. He popularised the Ghazals written by Hyderabadi writers.
Former Russian PM Yevgeny Primakov dies
- Former Russian Prime Minister Yevgeny Primakov has died. He was 85.
- He became famous for turning around his US-bound plane over the Atlantic upon learning of NATO’s bombing of Serbia in 1999.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification