Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful in upcoming exam.
Govt to sell 3 pc stake in BPCL to raise Rs 1,800 cr
- The government is planning to sell 3% stake in Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. This selling of stake of India’s second largest state oil firm is expected to raise funds around 1800cr.
- The government holds 54.93 per cent stake in BPCL.
- BPCL has refineries at Mumbai and Kochi. It also has a unit at Bina in Madhya Pradesh.
Centre approves WB anti-chit fund bill
- The central government has approved an anti-chit fund bill passed by West Bengal Assembly in 2013. The Centre has also agreed to the state government’s proposal of having provisions for strong punishment in such financial crimes. Offenders may get punishment along with the fines.
Jaguar aircraft crashes near Allahabad, pilots eject safely
- Indian Air Force’s Jaguar fighter aircraft crashed during a training run in Chaka area of Allahabad. This is the second such crash this year. Both the pilots ejected safely.
NDDB signs MoU with DD Kisan for farm content
- The National Dairy Development Board and DD Kisan signed a MoU to create meaningful content for the dairy and farm sector.
- The MoU is signed for spreading technical know-hows to the farmers, improve their livelihood and income by enhancing their knowledge and information on various technical issues related to farming in broader sense.
Adani Group in pact for 10K MW solar power park with Rajasthan Gov
- Adani Group signed an agreement with Rajasthan government to set up a joint venture solar power park of 10,000 MW.
- The park will include generation projects and a large manufacturing unit for solar module, parts and equipments.
- This project will be India’s largest solar park and will also contain manufacturing facilities to be set up under the country’s ambitious Make In India initiative.
Union Government launches augmented reality application ‘Sakaar’
- Union government launched an Augmented Reality (AR) application named ‘Sakaar’ to highlight the achievements of the Department of Space during one year in office of the present Government.
- Augmented Reality is a live direct view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated 3D models, animations, videos etc. The technology enhances user’s current perception of reality.
Sushma Swaraj flags off Kailash Mansarovar yatra through new route
- Sushma Swaraj flagged off the first batch of pilgrims for Kailash Mansarovar yatra through a new route via Nathu La pass, which was announced by Chinese President Xi Jinping during his visit last September.
- This new route will facilitate more comfortable travel for the Indian pilgrims, especially for the elderly, by buses compared to the existing way viaLipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand.
- India, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh Sign a landmark Motor Vehicles Agreement
- SIPRI report 2015: India, Pakistan upgrading nukes despite disarmament
Mohamad Morsy gets life imprisonment
- Former Egypt’s President Mohamad Morsy gets sentenced to life in prision. An Egyptian court sentenced him to 25 years in jail,
- Total 17 people were given life sentence.
Russia to add 40 ballistic missiles to nuclear arsenal
- President Vladimir Putin said,” Russia will add more than 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles to its nuclear arsenal this year.”
- These 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles are designed to tackle even the most advanced anti-missile defence system.
United Kingdom celebrates 800 years of Magna Carta
- United Kingdom is celebrating 800 years of Magna Carta. Queen along with top officials were at Runnymede, the place where King John was forced to seal historic document that supports modern democracy and human rights.
- Magna Carta is a charter agreed by King John of England at Runnymede to make peace between the unpopular King and a group of rebel barons, it promised the protection of church rights, protection for the barons from illegal imprisonment, access to swift justice, and limitations on feudal payments to the Crown, to be implemented through a council of 25 barons.
Vinita Bali appointed as Chair of Board of Directors of GAIN
- Vinita Bali has been appointed Chair of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition’s (GAIN) Board of Directors. Vinita will take over from Jay Naidoo.
Vinayak Bahuguna is Arcil’s new CEO
- Vinayak Bahuguna has been appointed as Arcil’s new CEO and MD. Arcil is India’s first Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC).
Banking & Finance
NPCI to roll out RuPay credit cards next year
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) is going to roll out RuPay Credit cards from next year.
- RuPay which is India’s own card payment system is expected to give tough competition to Visa and Mastercard with the launch of credit cards.
Guam beats India 2-1 in 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier
- Guam defeated India by 2-1 in 2018 World Cup Qualifier match. Guam is ranked 33 places below India in FIFA rankings. This embarrassing defeat has put India’s third position in the tournament in jeopardy.
Chhetri becomes 1st Indian to score 50 International goals
- Indian football star Sunil Chhetri became the first Indian footballer to score 50 international goals during his team’s 2018 World Cup qualifying match against Guam.
Anand finishes 5th in event of Norway Chess
- Viswanathan Anand lost to world champion Magnus Carlsen from a winning position to finish fifth in the blitz event of Norway Chess tournament.
Rafael Nadal won Stuttgart Open
- Rafael Nadal won Stuttgart Open by beating Victor Troicki in straight sets. It was his 66th ATP Tour title.
Books & Authors