- Mogens born 9 January 1946) is the only nominee to become President of the United Nations General Assembly. He will be formally appointed on June, 2015 and will preside over the 70th session of the General Assembly beginning 15 September 2015.
- He has beenPresidents of the Parliament of Denmark since 2011. In the Cabinets of Poul Nyrup Rasmussen I, II, III and IV which governed from 1993 to 2001, he held positions as Finance Minister and Foreign Minister.
- In December 2002 he succeededPoul Nyrup Rasmussen as party leader of the Social Democrats (Socialdemokraterne). After losing the 2005 Danish parliamentary election he resigned as leader of his party.
- Mogens Lykketoft from Denmark was unanimously elected as President of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). He was only the nominee put forward by the Western Europe and other group (WEOG). Mogens Lykketoft succeeds Uganda’s Sam Kutesa who was President of 69th session of UNGA.
- He will preside over the 193-member UNGA in its upcoming 70th session for one-year term. Presently, Lykketoft is President (speaker) of Denmark’s Parliament since 2011. Earlier he had served as Cabinet Minister in Prime Minister Poul Nyrup Rasmussen led government and had held portfolios such as Finance Minister (1993 to 2000) and Foreign Minister (2000 to 2001).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
error: Alert: Content is protected !!