Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful in upcoming exam.
- Read Our Current Affairs Today
- Try Our Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Try Our Current Affairs Quiz – June 15 2015
Assam govt to introduce Right to Health Services
- Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said the state government has decided to introduce Right to Health Services to offer free health care to poor people.
- “The Right to Health Services, which the government is contemplating to bring in, will ensure basic health care to everybody,”
- Providing affordable, accessible, accountable and quality health care services to all sections of the people has been a long cherished commitment.
SC cancels All India Pre-Medical Test
- Supreme Court has cancelled the AIPMT 2015 and has given an order to conduct the exam within four weeks.
- SC directed CBSE to hold re-examination in view of large-scale cheating in the test with students getting answers in the examination hall at many places.
India inks landmark cross border pact
- India signed Motor Vehicles Agreement with Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh enabling seamless transit of passenger, cargo and vehicles.
- Myanmar and Thailand have also agreed to develop a motor vehicle pact similar to the draft SAARC Motor vehicle agreement, which will pave the way for greater economic cooperation in the ASEAN region.
- The MVA looks at regulation of passenger, personal and cargo movement, thereby facilitating trade and investment in the sub-region which was developed with the support of Asian Development Bank (ADB), under its South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation programme.
Mahindra bags multi-million dollar Airbus deal
- The Mahindra Group today bagged a multi-million dollar aerospace contract with European consortium Airbus at the Paris.
- The deal will involve a variety of Mahindra produced metallic components, in excess of a million parts per annum, to be fitted into several Airbus aircraft programmes as part of assemblies produced by Premium Aerotec.
- The parts will be produced at the new Mahindra Aerostructures facility located at Narsapura, near Bengaluru, and deliveries will be made to Premium Aerotec’s facilities in Germany.
Banking & Finance
State-run banks put Rs 14,000-cr bad loans on the block
- Public Sector Banks are putting Non Performing Assets (NPAs) worth Rs 14000 crore for sale which is to be purchased by Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs).
- Punjab National Bank with 5000cr, UCO Bank with 2700cr, State Bank of Patiala with 1500cr, Oriental Bank of Commerce with 1400cr and State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur with 1100cr are the banks which will be selling their bad loans.
WPI-inflation dips further to (-) 2.36% in May
- Wholesale price index (WPI) inflation remained in the negative for seventh consecutive month in May at – 2.36%.
- Downtrend in WPI is considered as positive signal towards price stabilisation which will help in economic activity.
- WPI inflation—in the negative zone since November 2014—stood at 6.18 percent in May last year and (-) 2.65 percent in April 2015.
Ameising Luikham takes over as New Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises
- Shri Ameising Luikham, IAS (MN:1981) today took over as Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises in the M/o Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises . Prior to this he was working as Secretary, North Eastern Council, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
- Shri Luikham’s appointment is vice Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi, IAS (AM:1980) who already have been appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Acquisitions & Mergers
Snapdeal acquires Letsgomo Labs
- Snapdeal has acquired Letsgomo Labs, a mobility solutions company.
- Letsgomo work across mobile technologies, design and strategy; consults businesses right from building mobile strategies to conceptualization of applications and mobile sites to implementation and hosting
Aerospace firm Aequs buys US-based T&K Machine
- Karnataka-based aerospace start-up Aequs Aerospace has acquired US-based T&K Machine, a company that makes aircraft parts for global aerospace firms like Boeing, Spirit AeroSystems and UTC Aerospace Systems.
Science & Technology
New Zealand beats England takes 2-1 lead in ODI series
- New Zealand defeated England in third ODI by 3 wickets. In an another high scoring game England managed to score 302 runs. In reply New Zealand’s Ross Taylor and Kane Williamson made centuries and secured victory for their team.