Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
**Blue Heading are Detailed News, Click the below links to Read More**
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches Four World-Class Broadband Products Developed by C-DOT
- Compliance window enables declaration of overseas untaxed assets online
Japan joins US-Australian military exercise
- The US and Australia started off a massive joint biyearly military exercise with Japan taking part for the first time.
- The two-week “Talisman Sabre” exercise in the Northern Territory and Queensland involves 30,000 personnel from the US and Australia practising operations at sea, in the air and on land.
- About 40 personnel from Japan’s army will join the American contingent apart from more than 500 troops from New Zealand involved in the exercise.
Champagne vineyards of France granted with World Heritage status by UNESCO
- The Champagne Hillsides, Houses and Cellars of France were granted with the World Heritage Status by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The decision to grant the status was given during the 39th session of the World Heritage Committee held in Bonn, Germany. The Committee was chaired by Maria Bohmer, Minister of State at Germany’s Federal Foreign Office
- The Champagne World Heritage status covered the places where sparkling wine was developed using a second fermentation method in the bottle from the beginning of the 17th century until its early industrialisation in the 19th century.
- It mentioned the historic vineyards of Hautvillers where the monk Dom Perignon invented the fermentation process that gives champagne its fizz.
- Besides, another cultural site in France – The Climats, terroirs of Burgundy – was declared as World Heritage Site.
Chinese solar company Hareon enters India in tie-up with ReNew Power
- Hareon Solar Technology Company based in Shanghai has tied up with ReNew Power which one of the larger renewable energy companies in India to set up a 72 MW solar power project in Andhra Pradesh.
Banking & Finance
- World Bank released revised classification of world’s economies based on Gross National Income
- RBI Banned FDI in manufacturing of tobacco products
MasterCard phone app to verify online payments via selfies
- MasterCard is trying out a smartphone app which allows people to confirm their identity and authenticate online transactions via a facial scan.
- The users will have to download the MasterCard phone app and at checkout they will be asked to hold up their phone to stare and blink at it.
- MasterCard is also experimenting with finger print and voice recognition.
Science & Technology
Lewis Hamilton wins British F1 GP
- Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix for the second year in a row.
- His Mercedes team mate Nico Rosberg finished second while Germany’s Sebastian Vettel ended up at third spot for Ferrari.
USA crowned FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 champions
- USA has won the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 by beating Japan by 5-2 in the finals.
- This is the third time USA has won the World Cup. The previous victories were in 1991 and 1999.
- Carli Lloyd of USA broke multiple records by becoming the first player to score a hat trick in a Women’s World Cup’s Final, second in either men’s or women’s final and the fastest in either men’s or women’s World Cup tournament.
Pakistan hockey captain resigns
- Pakistan Hockey captain Muhammad Imran stepped down after the national team’s loss in the World Hockey League to France.
- Due to this defeat Pakistan failed to qualify for next year’s Rio Olympics Games.
- There is a string of resignations as Chief selector, Islahuddin Siddiqui and two other selectors, Ayaz Mahmood and Khalid Bashir have also resigned after the team’s lost in World Hockey League.
India won 2015 South Asian Basketball Championship
- India won the South Asian Basketball (SABA) Championship title. In the final played at the Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru, Karanataka, India defeated Sri Lanka 93-44.
- It was 4th edition of the championships. India was the winner of third SABA Championship.
With this win, India qualified for the FIBA Asia Championship in China. FIBA Asia Championship will be played in September 2015.
- The winning team was given a cash prize of 35000 rupees as a personal gesture of Basketball Federation of India President K Govindraj.
- Top three teams of the championships were India (gold), Sri Lanka (silver) and Nepal (bronze).
Former Maharashtra Minister Patil passes away
- Former Maharashtra Minister Pratapsinh Mohite-Patil passed away. He was 60.
- He was the Minister for Cooperation in the Shiv Sena-led state government in the mid-90s.
- Also he was a member of the 13th Lok Sabha.
Pak’s renowned Urdu novelist Abdullah Hussain dead
- Well known Pakistani Urdu novelist Abdullah Hussain passed away. He was 84.
- He authored the bestseller and critically acclaimed ‘Udas Naslain’.
- His real name was Mohammad Khan.
- His other noted works includes famous novels – ‘Baagh’, ‘Nadaar Loag’ – and short stories ‘Faraib and Nashaib’.
- Hussain was honoured with this year’s Prime Minister’s Lifetime Achievement Award.