Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
**Blue Heading are Detailed News, Click the News to Read More**
India’s first railway-line built under PPP model inaugurated in Gujarat
- Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the broad-gauge railway-line between Gandhidham and Tuna-Tekra Port in Gujarat.
- This is India’s first railway-line built with private sector participation under Non-Government Railway (NGR) Policy 2012 of Indian Railways.
Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha Kumbh Mela 2015 begins
- It is a mega religious congregation, which is held every 12 years in Nashik on the banks of the Godavari River. This year it will continue for over two months.
- Kumbh Mela is known as one of the biggest peaceful gatherings on the Earth and is held in Allahabad, Nashik, Haridwar & Ujjain.
Maharashtra assembly passed Guarantee of Public Services Bill, 2015
- Maharashtra legislative assembly on 14 July 2015 passed the Maharashtra Guarantee of Public Services Bill, 2015. The bill was unanimously passed by the assembly in the absence of Congress and NCP members.
- Features of the Bill
• It empowers citizens to avail their rights in stipulated time with less efforts and cost.
• It will pave way for curbing corruption, bringing transparency and empowering citizens.
• It ensures essential services are delivered in a time-bound manner and at nominal charges.
• In case of failure in delivery in the stipulated time, the government employee will be penalized for default, which ranges between 500 rupees to 5000 rupees.
- It provides for three-tier Appellate Authorities with first two being Government Officials or Designated Officers and third will be a Right to Service Commission.
- Make in India wins the 2015- Economic Development Innovation Award
- IOC bags top honour at Petrofed Awards
Jamia professor bags IEEE award for developing curriculum, lab
- Dr Mini Shaji Thomas, Honorary Director, Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Jamia has been selected for IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) Continuing Education Award.
- Dr Thomas won this award for his design and development of curriculum and laboratory facilities for professionals and students in the electric utility industry.
About IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) Continuing Education Award
- This award recognize and honour individuals and companies for major contributions to engineering and technical education.
- It was instituted in 1984 by IEEE, recognizes academician’s contribution to the design, delivery, and support of continuing education courses and programs in the fields of interest to IEEE members.
Krishnapatnam Port bags Golden Peacock award for environment management
- Krishnapatnam Port in Andhra Pradesh has received the Golden Peacock environment management award for its initiatives and achievements in the field of environment.
- The award was presented by Union Minister of State for Environment Prakash Javadekar to C Sasidhar, Managing Director (Krishnapatnam Port) on Saturday at the17th World Congress on Environment Management.
Andromeda acquires apnapaisa.com in stock and cash deal
- Andromeda, loan distributor, has acquired the apnapaisa.com, an online loan solutions space in a stock and cash deal.
- Andromeda which is present in more than 30 cities across the country along with a 1,000-strong staff, is the largest loan distributor, distributing around ₹8,000 crore a year.
- Apnapaisa.com which was started 8 years ago, is an internet platform to help customers find best possible loans.
Banking & Finance
Karnataka gets its first skin bank
- Karnataka gets its first skin bank at Victoria Hospital, Bengaluru, the first in the state.
- It works like an eye bank.The skin bank team goes to a donor’s house when it receives word that he has passed away, and harvests the skin within six hours of death.
- This skin taken out from thighs can enhance quality of life for those suffering with 50%-60% burns.
- This will enable faster healing and help the burns patients.
- Currently, there are skin banks in Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai.
Boeing, Tata Advanced Systems ink aerospace partnership deal
- Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems Ltd have signed an aerospace and defence manufacturing pact.
- Both the companies will jointly manufacture aero-structures and collaborate on developing integrated systems, including unmanned aerial vehicles.
- TASL is already manufacturing aero-structures for Boeing’s CH-47 Chinook and AH-6i helicopters.
Science & Technology
IPL verdict effect, Champions League T20 discontinued
- After the Supreme Court suspended CSK and and Rajasthan Royals for two years, cricket authorities have decided to scrap the Champions League T20 tournament with immediate effect.
- The Governing Council of the CLT20 which comprising representatives of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Cricket South Africa (CSA) and Cricket Australia (CA) made the decision unanimously.
Bangladesh register historic ODI series win over SA
- Bangladesh registered historic ODI series win by beating South Africa by nine wickets in the third and final ODI to take the three-match series 2-1.
- After whitewashing Pakistan and defeating India in the series, this is Bangladesh’s third continuous series victory over the world cricket heavyweights.
- In a rain hit game, Bangladesh restricted proteas to 168/9 and in return with the help of Soumya Sarkar’s 90 and Tamim Iqbal’s 61 they score 170 runs for the loss of 1 wicket only.
Iconic musician Joan Sebastian passed away
- Iconic musician Joan Sebastian from Mexico has died after battling bone cancer for more than 15 years. He was 64.
- He was a five-time Grammy Award winner and released more than 50 albums during his career which spanned over 40 years.
- He was best known for his sentimental love songs such as “Secreto de Amor” and “Tatuajes”