Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
**Blue Heading are Detailed News, Click the News to Read More**
Telangana to set up power projects totalling 25,000 MW
- Telangana government will set up power projects totalling 25,000 MW by investing over Rs 90,000 crore in the next four years.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao asserted that Telangana would become a power surplus state and suffer no power cuts in future.
Country’s first community skill park opens in Kerala
- India’s first Community Skill Park today opened at Chavara with Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy all praise for the ‘new-generation approach’ to developing skills and increasing the employability of the youth of the state.
- ‘Kaushal Kendra’, set up at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore with world- -class facilities, works on four fronts: the Assessment and Career Guidance Cell helps rural, educated youth realise their career aptitude through the best global assessment tools and provides guidelines to choose through the course that is best suited for them with regard to their socio-economic and educational background.
- PM Modi in Turkmenistan – An Overview
- India inks seven pacts with Turkmenistan
- Greek lawmakers back bailout reform plan
Sunita Williams among four astronauts chosen by NASA to fly first commercial space vehicle
- Indian-origin Sunita Williams is among four “veteran” astronauts picked by NASAto fly the first commercial space vehicles, a part of the space agency’s ambitious plan of human landing on Mars by 2030.
- According to NASA, Williams, accompanied by Robert Behnken, Eric Boe andDouglas Hurley, will train and prepare for commercial space flights that will open up low-Earth orbit transportation to the private sector.
Lord Bilimoria appointed as president of UKCISA
- Lord Karan Bilimoria, a NRI entrepreneur, has been appointed as the President of the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).
- He will replace Usha Prashar who stepped down after serving the maximum term of nine years.
Who is Lord Bilmoria?
- He is the founder of Cobra Beer and the Chancellor of the University of Birmingham.
- Also he is a Member of the Advisory Boards of the Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge as well as the Cranfield School of Management
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.
New horned dinosaur found in Canada
- Scientists from the Royal Ontario Museum have discovered a striking new species of horned dinosaur in southern Alberta, Canada.
- Fossils were found of the dinosaur named Wendiceratops pinhornensis which is about 20-feet long and weighs more than a tonne.
- The dinosaur lived about 79 million years ago, making it one of the oldest known members of the family of large-bodied horned dinosaurs that includes the famous Triceratops.
New butterfly species named ‘Banded Tit’ found in Arunachal Pradesh
- A new tiny butterfly species christened Banded Tit (Hypolycaena Narada) has been discovered in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It was discovered and is denizen of low-lying evergreen forests of the Changlang district of the state which is part of the one of the biodiversity hotspot of World.
- Interesting life cycle: The adult butterflies of this species live only for approximately 2 weeks in month of March every year. Remaining year, they spend in a dormant state in the form of larval or pupal stages.
- It feed primarily on bird-droppings along cool streams in the forests. However, much of its biology such as its larval host plants, breeding behaviour and precise habitat requirements are still unknown.
Prince Saud al-Faisal, World’s longest serving Foreign Minister passes away
- Former Saudi foreign minister Prince Saud al-Faisal has died at the age of 75.
- He was the world’s longest serving foreign minister for 40 years.
- Prince Saud was appointed in 1975 and served under four Saudi kings, advancing the kingdom’s foreign policy.
Former TN minister Chendur Pandian passes away
- Former Tamil Nadu minister and AIADMK MLA P Chendur Pandian died here today following prolonged illness.
- Pandian (64), representing Kadayanallur Assembly constituency.