AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs September 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2019
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the 15th Indo-US (United States) Economic Summit 2019 organized by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce- North India Council (IACC- NIC) held ?
1) Kansas, U.S.
2) New Delhi, India
3) Washington D.C., U.S.
4) Kolkata, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi, India
On September 13, 2019, 15th Indo-US (United States) Economic Summit 2019 organized by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce- North India Council (IACC- NIC) held in Hotel Hyatt Regency, New Delhi. Defence minister Shri Rajnath Singh was the chief guest of the summit.
- Which bank has approved to provide Rs 3,000 crore to grant mini and mega food parks across India ?
1) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
2) New Development Bank(NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
4) World Bank(WB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) World Bank(WB)
Minister of State in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Rameswar Teli stated that the World Bank has approved to sanction Rs 3,000 crore to grant mini and mega food parks across India, particularly in Northeast so that processing of grains produced by farmers is done optimally, and help promote farmers’ income.He also suggested India Inc to set up food processing units in India in which the element of subsidies go to an extent of 75 %.
- MDR was in news recently, what does ‘M’ stands for ___________ .
1) M – Micro
2) M – Multiplier
3) M – Merchant
4) M – Marginal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) M – Merchant
M stands for Merchant.The full form of MDR is Merchant Discount Rate.
- What is the revised Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) on RuPay Debit Card on transactions above Rs 2,000 by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) .60%
An umbrella organization for operating retail payments and settlement systems, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has rationalized merchant discount rate (MDR) on transactions with RuPay debit cards. The new rate will be effective from 20 October 2019. MDR has been revised to 0.60 percent on transactions above Rs 2,000. There will be a maximum of Rs 150 per transaction. Currently, MDR of 0.90 percent is charged on transactions above Rs 2,000. The maximum limit was fixed at Rs 1,000 per transaction. Bharat QR (Quick Response) i.e. card-based QR transactions also reduce MDR to 0. 50 percent has been reduced and the maximum MDR will be Rs 150 per MDR.
- Who will head the 8-membered high-level panel to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest the ways to regulate non-personal data ?
1) N. S. Raghavan
2) Kris Gopalakrishnan
3) S. D. Shibulal
4) Nandan Nilekani
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kris Gopalakrishnan
The newly formed 8-membered high-level panel headed by Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest the ways to regulate non-personal data.
- Which ministry has framed an 8-membered high-level panel to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest the ways to regulate non-personal data ?
1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY)
2) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation(MOSPI)
3) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MoMSME)
4) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(MIB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity)
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) has framed an 8-membered high-level panel headed by Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest the ways to regulate non-personal data.
- Which country has became the top oil exporter in the world as per the International Energy Agency (IEA) ?
3) United States (US)
4) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United States (US)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) notified that the United States (US) became the top oil exporter in the world by overtaking Saudi Arabia and Russia. In June 2019, crude exports grew above 3 million barrels per day (bpd) in the US.IEA has estimated the growth in global oil demand in 2019 at 1.1 million bpd and 1.3 million bpd for 2020.Non- Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) production growth will grow to 2.3 million bpd in 2020, up 400,000 from 2019.
- Who presented the measures to boost economic growth on September 14, 2019 ?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Amit Shah
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nirmala Sitharaman
On September 14, 2019, Union minister of finance & corporate affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman made another presentation on the measures to boost economic growth. Earlier the announcements were made on August 23 and 30, 2019 regarding the series of measures to enhance economic growth of India.
- How much revenue(Approximately) is allocated to boost exports and real estate sectors in India by finance minister, Nirmala Sitharaman recently ?
1) Rs 70,000 crore
2) Rs 50,000 crore
3) Rs 20,000 crore
4) Rs 75,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 70,000 crore
Over Rs 70,000 crore package for the exports and real estate sectors was announced, including setting up of a stressed asset fund.Inflation has been kept very much below the 4% mark.Buying new homes will become easier and more affordable in the country as Rs 10,000 crore special window has been announced.
- Name the new tax refund Scheme, which will replace Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) & will come into effect from January 1, 2020.
1) Remission of Exports from India Scheme (RoEIS)
2) Remission of Duties or Taxes on Export Product (RoDTEP)
3) Remission of Taxes on Export Product (RoTEP)
4) Remission of Export Product (RoEP)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Remission of Duties or Taxes on Export Product (RoDTEP)
Scheme for Remission of Duties or Taxes on Export Product (RoDTEP) will replace Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS). It will come into effect from January 1, 2020.Existing dispensation in textiles of MEIS + old Rebate of State Levies (RoSL) will continue up to 31.12.2019. Textiles and all other sectors which currently enjoy incentives upto 2% over MEIS will transit into RODTEP from January 1, 2020.In effect, RODTEP will more than adequately incentivize exporters than existing schemes put together.
- How much Stress fund was announced to boost real estate ?
1) Rs 15,000 crore
2) Rs 30,000 crore
3) Rs 20,000 crore
4) Rs 10,000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 20,000 crore
Stress fund of Rs 20,000 crore for real estate: It will provide last-mile funding for housing projects that are not in bankruptcy court or already tagged as bad debt and will benefit nearly 8.5 lakh home buyers. The Fund shall be set up as a Category – II AIF trust and would be professionally run with experts from Housing and Banking Sector.
- Where was the 23rd session of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) General Assembly for 2019 held ?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Washington D.C., United States
3) Beijing, China
4) Saint Petersburg, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Saint Petersburg, Russia
The 23rd session of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) General Assembly for 2019 was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia from September 9-13, 2019. UNWTO is the leading international organization in the field of tourism.
- Which Indian city was conferred with the emerging destination on the global accessible tourism market in 23rd session of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) General Assembly for 2019 ?
1) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
2) Thrissur, Kerala
3) Agra, Uttar Pradesh
4) Jaipur, Rajasthan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Thrissur, Kerala
Thrissur in Kerala, India received a special mention award as an emerging destination on the global accessible tourism market. San Sebastian, a Spanish city, was awarded the 2019 UNWTO prize for Public Policy and Governance 2019 for the initiative “Love San Sebastian, Live Donastia”.In the Enterprises category, it was given to “Community Impact by V Resorts”, an initiative of V Resorts under the aegis of Bliss Inns Ltd, India.Fundación Once from Spain was awarded Best Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) 2019.Turismo Portugal was awarded the first international distinction of Accessible Tourism Destination (ATD) 2019.
- Who was appointed as the chair of the parliamentary panel on defence recently ?
1) Suresh Pujari
2) Bhupender Yadav
3) Rahul Gandhi
4) Jual Oram
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jual Oram
Jual Oram is appointed as the head of parliamentary panel on defence.
Panel Name Head Key members Defence Jual Oram Rahul Gandhi, Nitish Ganga Deb, Rajashree Mallick, Sanjay raut,Abhishek manu singhvi,Prem chand gupta Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice. Bhupender Yadav Suresh Pujari Coal and Steel Rakesh Singh Basanta Panda, Prashanta Nanda Petroleum &Natural Gas Ramesh Bidhuri Chandra Sekhar Sahu , Ahmed patel
- Jayant Sinha was appointed as the head of which parliamentary panel ?
1) Water Resources
2) Financial Affairs
3) Human Resource Development
4) Urban Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Financial Affairs
Jayant Sinha is appointed as the head of parliamentary panel on Financial Affairs.
Panel Name Head Key members Home Affairs Amit Shah. Anand Sharma, Sarmistha Sethi, Jamyang Tsering Namgyal Financial Affairs Jayant Sinha Pinaki Mishra, Amar Patnaik, Digvijaya Singh Social Justice and Empowerment Rama Devi Menaka Gandhi, Hans raj,Supriya sule Human Resource Development Satynarayan Jatiya Chandrani Murmu, Sasmit Patra Industry K Keshava Rao Urban Development Jagadambika Pal Aparajita Sarangi,Gautam gambir, Hema malini,MJ akbar
- Who will chair the parliamentary panel on Railways ?
1) Suresh Pujari
2) Digvijaya Singh
3) Radha Mohan Singh
4) Pinaki Mishra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Radha Mohan Singh
Radha Mohan Singh was appointed as the chair of the parliamentary panel on Railways
Panel Name Head Key members Chemicals and Fertiliser M Kanimozhi Bishweswar Tudu, Ranjib Biswal Railways Radha Mohan Singh Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, Anubhav Mohanty,Farooqabdullah, Pragya Sigh Takur Agriculture P C Gaddigoudar Ram kirpal yadav,Afzal ansari,Mulayam singh yadav Transport, Tourism and Culture T G Venkatesh Ramesh Majhi and Prasanna Acharya, Sumalatha Ambareesh Food Consumer Affairs and PDS. Sudhip Bandhyopadhyay Pramila Bisoyi, Saptagiri Ulaka, MC mary kom, Bhagawant mann Science and Technology and Environment and Forests Jairam Ramesh N Bhaskar Rao and Ashwini Vaishnav
- Which country won the ACC Under-19 Asia Cup 2019,that held in Colombo, SriLanka?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
On September 14, 2019, India won Asian Cricket Council(ACC) Under-19 Asia Cup 2019 by beating Bangladesh for 5 runs. The final was held at R. Premadasa International Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka.India had scored 106 runs in 32.4 overs while Bangladesh was all out at 33 overs scoring only 101 runs.India’s left-arm spinner Atharva Ankolekar, aged 18, took 5 wickets for 28 runs from 8 overs. This was India’s seventh triumph in the continental tournament for junior cricketers. Player of the match award – India’s left-arm spinner Atharva Ankolekar, aged 18, took 5 wickets for 28 runs from 8 overs. Player of the series honour – Arjun Azad of India, for scoring 202 runs in four games this tournament.
- Which country is set to host the biennial international women’s youth football championship, FIFA Women’s Under-17 World Cup in November 2020?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
The biennial international women’s youth football championship, 2020 FIFA Women’s Under-17 World Cup, will be held in India from November 2-21, 2020. It will be the 7th edition and India will host the FIFA women’s football tournament for the first time. In the football tournament, 16 national teams of the member associations of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) are expected to participate.
- Who released the book titled ‘Rethinking Good Governance’ penned by former Comptroller Auditor General (CAG), Vinod Rai in New Delhi ?
1) Amit Shah
2) Narendra Modi
3) M. Venkaiah Naidu
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) M. Venkaiah Naidu
On September 13, 2019, The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has released the book entitled ‘Rethinking Good Governance’ penned by former Comptroller Auditor General (CAG), Vinod Rai in New Delhi. It was published by Rupa Publications.
- Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as Engineers Day ?
1) Har Gobind Khorana
2) Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
3) Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman
4) Satyendra Nath Bose
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya
Engineers Day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of the greatest Indian engineer Bharat Ratna (1955) Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (Sir MV) who was born on 15 September 1861 in Muddenahalli village in the erstwhile Mysore State. (Now Karnataka)
- What was the theme of the 52nd Engineers Day for the year 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Digital Transformation: A New Industrial Revolution”
2) Theme – “Role of Engineers in a Developing India”
3) Theme – “Engineering Challenges for Knowledge Era”
4) Theme – “Engineering for change”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Engineering for change”
52nd Engineers Day was celebrated in India on September 15, 2019 under the theme ” Engineering for change “. It was also celebrated in SriLanka and Tanzania while others countries celebrate this day on other dates. It was 1st observed on 1967.
- On which date, International Day of Democracy 2019 held ?
1) September 13
2) September 14
3) September 15
4) September 12
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) September 15
The International Day of Democracy was observed on September 15, 2019 under the theme ‘Participation’. The day emphasizes to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world and raises awareness about democracy.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Name the Indian Navy Ship, which has participated in 28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) .Answer – Indian Naval (IN) Ship Kesari
28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) is being conducted from 05 – 15 September 2019. Indian Naval (IN) Ship Kesari and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies are participating in the CORPAT.
- Who is the President of 74th session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) ?Answer – Prof. Tijjani Muhammad Bande
- Where is the head quarter of International Energy Agency (IEA) located ?Answer – Paris, France
- Who is the MD and CEO of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ?Answer – Dilip Asbe
- R. Premadasa International Stadium is located in which country ?Answer – Colombo, Sri Lanka