AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- What was the theme of the Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Opportunities and Challenges in IOR”
2) Theme – “Imperatives and Priorities for Forging a Common Agenda in the IOR”
3) Theme – “Regional Constructs and Strategies in the IOR”
4) Theme – “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Theme – “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”
The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2019 was held at Hotel Taj Fort Aguada in Goa under the theme “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy” from October 3-5, 2019. Sub-themes: The 3 sub themes of the conference were “Opportunities and Challenges in IOR”; “Imperatives and Priorities for Forging a Common Agenda in the IOR”and “Regional Constructs and Strategies in the IOR”.iii. The 31st edition of the Naval War College Journal was released on the occasion.
- Who inaugurated the Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2019 ?
1) M. K. Narayanan
2) Ajit Kumar Doval
3) Shivshankar Menon
4) Brajesh Mishra
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Ajit Kumar Doval
The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC) 2019 was inaugurated by the National Security Advisor (NSA) Mr Ajit Kumar Doval and organized by Naval War College (NWC), Goa. It was hosted by Admiral Karambir Singh, PVSM, AVSM, ADC, the Chief of the Naval Staff.
- Under which scheme, the treatment of 90,000 cancer patients were funded after one year of the scheme launch ?
1) Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
2) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
3) Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
4) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
The Union Health Ministry’s data showed that in its first year of the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), the treatment of 90,000 cancer patients was funded through 1.8 lakh hospital admissions.
- Which state has emerged as the top state where most cancer patients availed treatment under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) scheme ?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu emerged as the top state where the most cancer patients availed treatment under PMJAY with 40,056 cases. It was followed by Kerala (22,000), Madhya Pradesh (19,455), Chhattisgarh (15,997) and Gujarat (14,380).
- Where was the 5th World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy 2019 with the theme of ‘Role of Science, Religion and Philosophy for World Peace and well-being of Mankind’ held ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Pune, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Pune, Maharashtra
A 3-day event of 5th World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy 2019 with the theme of ‘Role of Science, Religion and Philosophy for World Peace and well-being of Mankind’ organised by MIT (Maharashtra Institute of Technology) World Peace University in association with World Peace Centre, Alandi, MAEER’s MIT Group of institutions and MIT ADT University ,was held at the world’s largest dome philosopher Saint Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prayer Hall, Loni Kalbhor in Pune, Maharashtra from October 2-4, 2019. The primary objective of the event was to create and promote interfaith and inter-religious movement for World Peace.
- 6) Who was conferred with the Vishwa Vigyan Darshanik Award during the 5th World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy 2019 ?
1) Prashant Gulalkari
2) Vishwanath D Karad
3) Milind Pande
4) Rajesh Korde
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Vishwanath D Karad
Prof Dr Vishwanath D Karad was conferred with Vishwa-Vigyan-Darshanik Award by Sumitra Mahajan (Former Union Minister and Ex LokSabha Speaker).
- 7) Name the Padma Bhushan awardee & former union minister who received the Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize 2019 during the 5th World Parliament of Science, Religion and Philosophy 2019 ?
1) Pritam Parvatkar
2) Sunil Patil
3) Karan Singh
4) Ravindra Deshmukh
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Karan Singh
Former union minister Padma Bhushan Dr Karan Singh was awarded with Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize 2019 by Arif Mohammad Khan (Governor of Kerala).
- Where was the Global Conference-cum- expo on ‘Spirituality for Unity, Peace and Prosperity’ inaugurated by M. Venkaiah Naidu held ?
1) Mount Abu, Rajasthan
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Mount Abu, Rajasthan
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the Global Conference-cum- expo on ‘Spirituality for Unity, Peace and Prosperity’ organized by Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya at the Shantivan Campus in Mount Abu, Rajasthan. It was held from September 28 to October 1, 2019.
- In which city, India’s first e-waste clinic will be set up ?
1) Ranchi, Jharkhand
2) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
3) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
4) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
The first e-waste clinic of India will be set up in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) have tied up to set up the clinic. It will be formed in compliance with the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016.The electronic waste will be collected door-to-door or can be deposited directly at the clinic in exchange for a fee.
- Where was the India’s 1st plant to produce diesel from plastic waste opened ?
1) Aizawl, Mizoram
2) Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
3) Shillong, Meghalaya
4) Kohima, Nagaland
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
On October 4, 2019, India’s 1st plant to produce diesel from plastic waste in Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh has been soft-launched by Mathura MP (Member of Parliament) Hema Malini with the aim to fulfill Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi’s dream of a Swachh Bharat Mission.The plant, working on a full scale at the Mathura Municipal Corporation (MMC), built on a public-private partnership (P-P-P) model for which the MMC has signed a contract of Rs 9.5 crore with Paterson Energy Private Limited, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- What was the theme of the 20th annual national conference on health informatics Medrecon 2020 that held in Kochi, Kerala ?
1) Theme – “A Step Towards Better Healthcare System”
2) Theme – “Reimagining EMR & Health care Information Governance”
3) Theme – “Value of Data in Health Care Ecosystem”
4) Theme – “A strong Health Management Information System in entire country”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “Value of Data in Health Care Ecosystem”
The 20th annual national conference on health informatics Medrecon 2020 will be held in Kochi, Kerala on February 7- 8, 2020 under the theme ‘Value of Data in Health Care Ecosystem’. It will be jointly organised by the Health Informatics and Information Management Association (HIIMA), Kerala, and the Health Records Association of India (HERAI).Lorraine Fernandes, president of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA) in the US will be the keynote speaker.
- Which bank’s ‘Pragati Rath’ was flagged off by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur to make people aware of financial and digital literacy ?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer-1) HDFC Bank
On October 3, 2019, Himachal Pradesh (HP) Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur flagged off a one-month program ‘Pragati Rath’ of HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) bank in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh (HP) to make people aware of financial and digital literacy.
- To which organization, Mexican actress Yalitza Aparicio was appointed as goodwill ambassador for indigenous people ?
1) International Maritime Organization (IMO)
2) International Labour Organization (ILO)
3) Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO)
4) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
A specialized agency of the United Nations, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) has appointed Mexican actress Yalitza Aparicio as its goodwill ambassador for indigenous people. The 25-year-old actress made history as the first indigenous performer nominated for a best actress honor at the Academy Awards this year for her performance in the film “Roma”. She will promote initiatives that claim indigenous peoples rights and that promote greater social awareness on the subject.
- What is the code name of first all electric experimental aircraft (X-plane) X-57 Mod II (Modification II) of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC)?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Maxwell
National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC) in Edwards, California received its first all electric experimental aircraft (X-plane) X-57 Mod II (Modification II) codenamed Maxwell from Empirical Systems Aerospace (ESAero) of San Luis Obispo, California, United States (US). Key Points: i. The X-57’s Mod II vehicle replaces the traditional combustion engines on a baseline Tecnam P2006T aircraft, with electric cruise motors and weighs approximately 3,000 pounds. It can hit a cruising speed of 172 mph at 8,000 feet.
- Which country launched the, “Gaofen-10 satellite” into space with a March-4C rocket to take high quality photos ?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-2) China
On October 5, 2019, China has sent the new Gaofen-10 satellite into space with a March-4C rocket developed by the Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in North China’s Shanxi Province. This Gaofen-10 satellite can be used in land survey, urban planning, road network design, crop yield estimation as well as disaster relief. The images from this satellite will also help in developing greenery and formulate major national strategies such as multi-billion dollar Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- Researchers including which university, have captured images of the formation of individual viruses as per the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) ?
1) Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT)
2) Stanford University
3) Harvard University
4) Yale university
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Harvard University
The researchers, including those from Harvard University in the United States (US) have captured images of the formation of individual viruses. The study was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS). It provided a detailed view of mechanism with which the particles self – assembled to form a parasite which may help to find new treatment approaches for viral diseases.The viruses when formed were of 30 nanometers in diameter and had one piece of RNA (Ribo – Nucleic Acid) about 180 identical proteins.
- Name the actress, singer and model, who won a Golden Globe & Tony award(first black woman to win tony award) and also nominated for an Oscar award ?
1) Dorothy Dandridge
2) Lena Horne
3) Pearl Bailey
4) Diahann Carroll
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Diahann Carroll
American actress, singer, and model, Diahann Carroll, who won a Golden Globe and Tony awards and was nominated for an Oscar, has passed away in Los Angeles, US (United States) due to cancer. She was 84. She was also the first black woman to win the Tony Award for best actress for her role in the Broadway musical No Strings.Nominated for an Oscar for best actress in 1975 for Claudine, Carroll was modelling by the age of 15 years and was reportedly the model for one of the first black Barbie dolls.
- Who is the author of the coffee table book titled’150 Years of Celebrating the Mahatma the South African Legacy’ launched on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary in Johannesburg, South Africa ?
1) Fakir Hassen
2) Jane Austen
3) George Orwell
4) Franz Kafka
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Fakir Hassen
On October 2, 2019, Author and journalist Fakir Hassen’s new 160-page coffee table book entitled’150 Years of Celebrating the Mahatma the South African Legacy’ launched on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary in Johannesburg, South Africa.The book chronicles commemorations of Gandhi’s activities, including his birth and death anniversaries & his visit in South Africa, which was stifled by the apartheid-era minority white government and revived after former president Nelson Mandela.The book has chapters including statues, busts and exhibitions, awards and accolades, both to Gandhi and to others made in his name, the Phoenix Settlements (Mahatma Gandhi’s home during his stay in South Africa) and Tolstoy Farm communes that he initiated in Durban and Johannesburg, South Africa
- What was the theme of the Wildlife Week 2019, that is celebrated from 2nd -8th October 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Protect and Preserve Big Cats”
2) Theme – “Life Below Water: For People And Planet”
3) Theme – “Listen to the young voices”
4) Theme – “The future of wildlife is in our hands”
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Theme – “Life Below Water: For People And Planet”
The Wildlife Week is being celebrated all over India from 2nd -8th October 2019 with the aim of protecting Indian wildlife species from extinction. The theme for the year 2019 is “Life Below Water: For People And Planet” which aimed at preservation of underwater fauna and flora. The Wildlife week , organized by National Board of Wildlife since its establishment in 1972, was first celebrated in the year 1972.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Clouded Leopard National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Tripura
- What is the tagline of ICICI Bank ? Answer- We Understand Your World
- Which country celebrates the Fulpati Festival ? Answer-Nepal
In Nepal, the festival of Fulpati is being celebrated with gaiety and religious fervor today. Fulpati is observed on the seventh day of Dashain festival. In Nepali,”Ful” means flower and “Pati” means leaves and plants. There is a tradition in Nepal to bring nine types of Fulpati into homes on the seventh day of Navaratri. It is believed that Fulpati represents nine Goddess and they brings health, wealth and prosperity to the homes.
- Who is the governor of Tripura ? Answer-Ramesh Bais
- Where is the headquarter of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) located ? Answer-Paris, France