AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the father of yoga in the west, whose 125th birth anniversary was commemorated by releasing a coin of face value Rs.125 by Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman .
1) Jiddu Krishnamurti
2) Paramahansa Yogananda
3) Ramana Maharshi
4) Swami Kriyananda
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Paramahansa Yogananda
On October 29, 2019 the union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman released commemorative coin with face value Rs.125 of Paramahansa Yogananda, the father of yoga in the west, marking his 125th birth anniversary in New Delhi. Shri Paramahansa Yogananda was the founder of Yogoda Satsanga Society(YSS) of India and Self-Realisation Fellowship(SRF) organisations.
- Which country’s human milk bank model is set to be adopted by India ?
3) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Brazil
On October 30, 2019, The Minister of State (MoS) for Health and Family Welfare Mr Ashwini Kumar Choubey stated that India will adopt the Brazil model of human milk bank.
- Which year is set as target by India to achieve at least 70% infants to have access to Breast Milk(BM) ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 2025
India’s target is to achieve at least 70% infants to have access to breast milk (BM) by 2025 and it will subsequently be increased to 100%.
- Where was the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Health Ministers Conference 2019 held ?
4) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Brazil
Minister of State (MoS) for Health and Family Welfare Mr Ashwini Kumar Choubey had attended the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Health Ministers Conference 2019 in Brazil.
- Where was the 3rd Future Investment Initiative(FII) also known as the ‘Davos in the Desert‘ Forum for the year 2019 held ?
1) Manama, Bahrain
2) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates(UAE)
4) Doha, Qatar
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3rd Future Investment Initiative(FII) Forum held in Riyadh.
- 6) Name the Indian delegate, who addressed the 3rd Future Investment Initiative(FII) also known as the ‘Davos in the Desert‘ Forum for the year 2019 in Riyadh.
1) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
2) Venkaiah Naidu
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Narendra Modi
The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi paid a 2-day visit, to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from October 28-29, 2019, at the invitation of the Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud for attending the Plenary Session of the 3rd Future Investment Initiative(FII) Forum in Riyadh. It is the second visit of Prime minister in 3 years to Saudi Arabia.
- 7) How many Memorandum of Understandings(MoU)’s were signed between India and Saudi Arabia during Narendra Modi’s visit to Saudi Arabia ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) 12
Explanation:India and Saudi Arabia have signed a total of 12 Memorandum of Understandings(MoU) in the presence of PM Modi and Crown prince Mohamed Bin Salman, in areas such as defence, security cooperation, civil aviation etc. The MoUs are as follows.
Si.No MoU/Agreement 1 Agreement on security cooperation. 2 Strategic partnership council agreement. 3 Cooperation in the Field of Renewable Energy.
MoU was signed by Saudi Ministry of Energy and Ministry of New & Renewable Energy of India.
4 Cooperation in combating illicit trafficking and smuggling of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and chemical precursors. 5 Military acquisition, industries, research development & technology.
MoU was signed by Saudi General Authority of Military Industries (GAMI) and India’s Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence.
6 Cooperation in the field of Civil Aviation. 7 Cooperation in the field of medical products regulations.
MoU was signed by India’s Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA).
8 Agreement by both nations was signed to launch the RuPay card in the Saudi Arabia.
The MoU in this regard was signed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Saudi Payments.
9 Cooperation between National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) signed by NSE Managing Director and chairman Mr. Vikram Limaye from the Indian side. 10 Saudi Arabia’s oil storage of 2.5-million-tonne facility in Karnataka state.
MoU was signed between Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Limited (ISPRL) and Saudi Aramco.
11 India’s Foreign Service Institute, MEA and Prince Saud Al Faisal Institute of Diplomatic Studies (IDS) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia signed MoU for cooperation programme. 12 Letter of Intent (LoI) between Small and Medium Enterprises General Authority (SMEA) of Saudi Arabia and Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, of the Republic of India
- Name the third nation in the West Asia, where did India launch the RuPay card to initiate India’s digital payment system .
1) Saudi Arabia
3) United Arab Emirates
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Saudi Arabia
Agreement by both nations to launch the RuPay card in the Saudi Arabia makes Saudi, the gulf nation as the third nation in the West Asia to initiate India’s digital payment system. The Rupay cards are expected to benefit not only the 2.6 million Indians, who are the largest expatriate community in the Saudi, but also the pilgrims of Hajj and Umrah.
- Which country has released a new coin worth Rs.50 to commemorate the 550th birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak ?
4) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Pakistan
On October 29, 2019, The government of Pakistan released a new coin worth Pakistan Rupees (PKR) 50 to commemorate the 550th anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak. It will be available at the Kartarpur Sahib along with a postal stamp worth PKR 8 to the traveling pilgrims.
- Name the country, which has signed Strategic partnership council agreement with Saudi Arabia thus becoming fourth country to do so .
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) India
India and Saudi Arabia decided to establish Strategic Partnership Council to strengthen the cooperation in combating against terrorism. The agreement in this regard was signed by Prime Minister Modi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman in Riyadh. With this agreement, India became the fourth country to sign such an agreement with Saudi Arabia after the United Kingdom(UK), France and China. The strategic council will be headed by top leadership on either side. Ahead of the visit, 450 Indian prisoners were also released. The year 2020 will mark Saudi Arabia’s hosting of the G20 Summit whereas India will host the summit in 2022, the year of the 75th anniversary of Indian independence.
- Which country based AirCarbon Pte Ltd launched the world’s first blockchain-based carbon trading exchange ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Singapore
On October 30, 2019, Singapore-based AirCarbon Pte launched the world’s first blockchain-based carbon trading exchange. It will permit airlines and other corporate buyers to buy and sell tokens backed by carbon offset credits approved by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Which firm was stated as the most disruptive companies in the KPMG’s report titled “Disruptive companies and business models”?
4) All the above
5) None of theseAnswer-4) All the above
On October 30, 2019, KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler), a global network of professional services firm, released a report titled “Disruptive companies and business models”, in which it stated that Amazon, Apple & Alibaba are the most disruptive companies. More than 740 technology industry business leaders were surveyed globally. Along with the top 3 companies, DJI, Google, Netflix, Airbnb, Microsoft, Facebook, and Baidu made into the Top 10.
- Name the airline, which became the member of International Air Transport Association (IATA) .
4) Air India Express
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) IndiGo
On October 30, 2019, Budget carrier IndiGo became a member of International Air Transport Association (IATA). In 2019, Indigo expanded its international flight operations wherein it connected India with countries such as Turkey, Vietnam, Myanmar and China.In March 2019, SpiceJet became the first Indian low-cost carrier to take membership of the IATA and its chairman and managing director Mr. Ajay Singh was also elected to its board.
- Which organization has received the SEED Awards in the Low Carbon category ?
1) Realty Corp
2) Aikya Organics
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Aikya Organics
In the SEED Low Carbon category, an organisation named Aikya Organics, located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh won the award from India. This organization works to promote gender equality by training 1,200 women farmers.Stonesoup, Aarohana EcoSocial Developments, Ecozen Solutions, and Farmers Fresh Zone were the other finalists from India selected under SEED Low Carbon Awards 2019.The prizes will be conferred on January 20, 2020.
- Who has been appointed as the new Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on October 30, 2019?
1) Khaled Toukan
2) Lassina Zerbo
3) Rafael Mariano Grossi
4) Yukiya Amano
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Rafael Mariano Grossi
On October 30, 2019, Rafael Mariano Grossi (58) of Argentina has been appointed as the new Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) , an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons. Grossi has been appointed for a term of 4 years and assumes office from December 3, 2019. He will be the 6th head of IAEA since it was founded in 1957.
- Which country’s Prime Minister, Saad al-Hariri was resigned on October 29, 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Lebanon
On October 29, 2019, The Prime Minister(PM) of Lebanon, Saad El-Din Rafik Al-Hariri resigned from his post amid protests in the country for the government to resign due to corruption, poor public services and years of economic mismanagement etc. The next prime minister is yet to be decided.
- Who was appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor (Dy NSA) on October 29, 2019 ?
1) Dattatray Padsalgikar
2) Rakesh Maria
3) Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
4) Sanjay Barve
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Dattatray Padsalgikar
On October 29, 2019, Former Mumbai Police Commissioner (from 2016 – 2018) and Maharashtra DGP (director general of police- 2018) Dattatray Padsalgikar (61), has been appointed as the deputy national security advisor (NSA).He will now act as an assistant to national security adviser Ajit Doval.
- Which institute has created the first-ever ‘Indian brain atlas’(IBA) in collaboration with the Department of Imaging Sciences and Interventional Radiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) ?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
2) International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad(IIIT-H)
3) International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore(IIIT-B)
4) International Institute of Science Bangalore(IIS-B)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad(IIIT-H)
On October 28, 2019 researchers from the International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad(IIIT-H), Telangana have created the first-ever ‘Indian brain atlas’(IBA). As per their research, the average Indian brain is smaller when compared with western and eastern countries like China, Korea etc. The Indian brain atlas was constructed in collaboration with the Department of Imaging Sciences and Interventional Radiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Name the new technology, which has been developed by researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States (US) to capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from air .
1) Non-Faradaic Magnetic-swing reactive adsorption system
2) Faradaic Magnetic-swing reactive adsorption system
3) Faradaic electro-swing reactive adsorption system
4) Non-Faradaic electro-swing reactive adsorption system
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Faradaic electro-swing reactive adsorption system
The researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States (US) have developed a new technology named ” faradaic electro-swing reactive adsorption system” to capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from a stream of air. This study was published in the journal Energy and Environmental Science. The authors of the study are Sahag Voskian and T. Alan Hatton.
- Name the deep sea fish which belongs to the family Argentinidae which reported for the first time in India.
1) Cirrhinus cirrhosus
2) Glossanodon macrocephalus
3) Labeo rohita
4) Systomus sarana
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Glossanodon macrocephalus
On October 29, 2019 researcher team from Zoological Survey of India(ZSI) discovered a new deep-sea fish Glossanodon macrocephalus. The fish is usually found in muddy bottoms at depths 300-600mts. It is the first time that the family has been reported from India.
- Who led the team of the researchers from Zoological Survey of India(ZSI) to discover a new deep-sea fish named “Glossanodon macrocephalus” which belongs to the family Argentinidae of the genus Glossanodon ?
1) L. Kosygin Singh
2) Avtar Kaur Sidhu
3) Chelladurai Raghunathan
4) Bineesh K.K.
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Bineesh K.K.
On October 29, 2019 researcher team from Zoological Survey of India(ZSI), led by Bineesh K.K., discovered a new deep-sea fish Glossanodon macrocephalus.The fish which belongs to family Argentinidae of the genus Glossanodon is whitish with the silvery body. The discovery of this fish species is published in the journal ‘zootaxa’.
- Where was the new deep-sea fish named “Glossanodon macrocephalus” which belongs to the family Argentinidae of the genus Glossanodon discovered ?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) Kerala
On October 29, 2019 researcher team from Zoological Survey of India(ZSI), led by Bineesh K.K., discovered a new deep-sea fish Glossanodon macrocephalus (common name Kerala argentine) in the Arabian Sea, off the southwestern coast of India, Kerala. The fish which belongs to family Argentinidae of the genus Glossanodon is whitish with the silvery body. The discovery of this fish species is published in the journal ‘zootaxa’.
- Which country’s cricketer, Shakib Al Hasan (32) was banned from Cricket by International Cricket Council (ICC) for 2 years ?
2) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Bangladesh
On October 30, 2019, Global governing body of cricket, the International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned Bangladesh cricket team’s star all-rounder and its Test and T20 (Twenty-20) captain Shakib Al Hasan (32) for 2 years. Shakib was accused of being approached by bookies during the tri-series (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Zimbabwe) 2018 and IPL (Indian Premier League) 2018 in January 2018 but he did not fully convey the ICC’s anti-corruption unit (ACU).
- Name the first woman, first Japanese person and the first female United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), who passed away recently .
1) Kazu Ando
2) Sadako Ogata
3) Michiko Inukai
4) Izumi Nakamitsu
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Sadako Ogata
On October 22, 2019 the first woman, the first Japanese person, and the first academic as United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Sadako Ogata passed away at the age of 92 in Tokyo, Japan. She served as the 8th Chief of the UN refugees from 1991-2000. She had also served as the head of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) from 2003- 2012 and also as the chairman of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) from 1978-1979.
- Find the book, which was authored by Sadako Ogata ?
1) “Rescue: Refugees and the Political Crisis of Our Time”
2) “Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crisis”
3) “Violent Borders: Refugees and the Right to Move”
4) “The Turbulent Decade — Confronting the Refugee Crises of the 1990s”
5) None of theseAnswer-4) “The Turbulent Decade — Confronting the Refugee Crises of the 1990s”
Ogata was the first Japanese woman to represent the country at UN (United Nations) in 1976 before becoming the chief of the UN refugees. She is also the author of book “The Turbulent Decade — Confronting the Refugee Crises of the 1990s”.
- Former judge of the Supreme Court, Justice Nanje Gowda Venkatachala passed away recently, he also served as the Lokayukta of which state ?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Karnataka
On October 30, 2019, Former Karnataka Lokayukta and former judge of the Supreme Court, Justice Nanje Gowda Venkatachala, aged 89, passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka after he had an accidental fall. He was born on July 3, 1930 in Mittur village in Mulabagal taluk in Kolar district, Karnataka. He had served as Karnataka Lokayukta (July 3, 2001 to July 2, 2006), head of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 during 1990, Acting Chief Justice, Karnataka High Court (1992) and a judge of the Supreme Court (July 1, 1992- July 1995).He was known for bringing to light the existence of Karnataka’s autonomous anti-corruption wing as the Lokayukta.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Phoenix” which was translated and released in English titled “The Parrot Green Saree” ?
1) Emma Georgina Rothschild
2) Mrinal Pande
3) Nabaneeta Sen
4) Eva Colorni
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Nabaneeta Sen
On October 29, 2019, the last novel of Bengali writer Nabaneeta Sen’s Naxal trilogy, “Phoenix” has been translated and released in English. The book is titled as “The Parrot Green Saree” in english. The book portrays the story of two women, two generations and two worlds having different expectations and desires. The book which is translated by Tutun Mukherjee, has been published by Niyogi Books.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs
- Lisa Keightley is associated with which sport ? Answer-Australia
Former Australian international Lisa Keightley became the first woman to be appointed full-time coach of the England women’s cricket team .
- Where is INS Baaz located ? Answer-Campbell Bay, Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Navy chief Admiral Karambir Singh reviewed the operational facilities at the strategically located INS Baaz, which is the southernmost air station of the armed forces and overlooks the Malacca Strait, at Campbell Bay in the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago. INS Baaz is currently equipped to operate light to heavy aircraft capable of “short-field operations’’ from a runway of about 3,500-feet. But work is currently underway to increase the runway length by another 1,000-feet, with another 6,600-feet to be added at a later stage, to enable unrestricted operation of all categories of aircraft including fighters and heavy-lift aircraft.
- Uluru or Ayers Rock was in news recently, it is located in which country ? Answer-Australia
Uluru, one of Australia’s most famous tourist attractions, is considered sacred by the indigenous Anangu people.Rock climbing was banned.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Lebanon ? Answer-Capital- Beirut & Currency- Lebanese pound
- Where is the headquarter of International Air Transport Association (IATA) located ? Answer-Montreal, Quebec, Canada