AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which city will host the 1st edition of “Global Bio-India 2019” Summit ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) New Delhi, Delhi
On October 24, 2019 the Union Minister of Science & Technology(ST), Earth Sciences(ES) and Health & Family Welfare(H&FW), Shri Harsh Vardhan at a curtain-raiser in New Delhi, announced for the 1st edition of “Global Bio-India 2019” Summit which is to be held from November 21-23, 2019 in New Delhi, the host state of the summit. The Global Bio-India 2019 summit is one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders’ conglomerates (gathering together into a compact mass).
- Who released the Nano-pharmaceuticals guidelines for safe and efficient assessment of novel nano-formulations ?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) Ramesh Pokhriyal
3) Arjun Munda
4) Piyush Goyal
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Harsh Vardhan
Shri Harsh Vardhan released “Guidelines for Evaluation of Nano pharmaceuticals in India” for safe and efficient assessment of novel nano-formulations. These guidelines would also regulate nanopharmaceuticals in India. These guidelines will contribute to the mission on “Affordable Health Care for All”.
- Name the joint exercise of the Armies of India and France, that in Mahajan Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan.
2) Emerald Mercury-2019
3) Nomadic Elephant-2019
4) Ex Shakti -2019
5) None of theseAnswer-4)Ex Shakti -2019
‘Ex Shakti -2019‘, a joint exercise of the Armies of India and France will be held from 31 October 2019- to November 13, 2019, in the Mahajan Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan. The exercise will be fully focused on anti-terrorist operations.
- Who will head the panel formed by government of India to resolve differences between Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) & National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog over AI mission implementation ?
1) Upinder Singh Bhalla
2) Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan
3) Satyajit Mayor
4) Rajagopala Chidambaram
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan
On October 23, 2019, the government has set up a panel to resolve the difference between the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) and govt. think tank National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog over the implementation of the ambitious Artificial Intelligence (AI) mission. The panel will be headed by principal scientific advisor Shri Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan and will be represented by Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary of the Department of Science and Technology; Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of NITI Aayog Shri Amitabh Khant and Secretary of MEITY, Shri Ajay Prakash Sawhney.
- Which country topped in the Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2019 ?
3) United States (US)
4) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer-3) United States (US)
On October 25, 2019, Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2019 was released. It is a project of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security (CHS), with research by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). It is the first comprehensive assessment of epidemic and pandemic threats globally. United States (US) topped the list globally, overall with a score of 83.5, followed by United Kingdom (77.9) and Netherlands (75.6).
- What is the rank of India in the recently released Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 57
On October 25, 2019, Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2019 was released. It is a project of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security (CHS), with research by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). It is the first comprehensive assessment of epidemic and pandemic threats globally. In this Index, India was ranked 57th out of 195 countries with a score of 46.5 out of 100.
- Based on how many indicators, 195 countries were assessed for Global Health Security (GHS) Index 2019 ranking?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 6
The countries were assessed on 6 indicators namely Prevention; Detection & Reporting; Rapid Response; Health System; Compliance with international norms and Risk environment. India’s indicator wise performance:
Indicator Rank GHS Index Score Prevention 87 34.9 Detection & Reporting 67 47.4 Rapid Response 32 52.4 Health System 36 42.7 Compliance with international norms 100 47.7 Risk environment 103 54.4
- Which country has recently permitted Indian and Chinese tourists or businessman to visit its country without visa ?
1) Costa Rica
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Brazil
On October 24, 2019, As per the Brazilian President Jair Messias Bolsonaro (64), Indian tourists and businessmen would not need a visa to come to Brazil. It has been decided to reduce the visa requirements for the people of China and India.Bolsonaro came to power as the 38th President of Brazil on 1 January 2019 & has reduced the visa requirements for many developed countries.
- Name the bank that has signed a tripartite loan agreement worth $ 165 million with Government of India (GoI), Government of Odisha with the aim to Support Climate Resilient Agriculture for 125,000 Smallholder Farmers .
1) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
2) New Development Bank(NDB)
3) World Bank(WB)
4) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) World Bank
On October 24, 2019, The World Bank has signed a tripartite $ 165 million loan agreement with Government of India (GoI), Government of Odisha, with the aim to Support Climate Resilient Agriculture for 125,000 Smallholder Farmers from 15 districts in Odisha & diversify and improve the marketing of their produce, for increased income by managing 128,000 ha (hectare) of agricultural land.
- For which of the following project, Indian government is set to receive $ 300 million worth loan from New Development Bank (NDB) ?
1) Renewable Energy Sector Development Project
2) MSME Growth Innovation and Inclusive Finance Project
3) National AIDS Control Support Project
4) Integrated Child Development Services
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Renewable Energy Sector Development Project
On October 24, 2019, the New Development Bank (NDB)’s Board of Directors has approved two projects namely, Fundo Clima Brazil National Climate Fund Project ($ 500 million )& Renewable Energy Sector Development Project ($ 300 million) with the loans totaling $ 800 million. Now the Bank’s portfolio stands at 44 projects with loans aggregating to $ 12.4 billion.
- Who will head the 8 member panel newly constituted by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) to evaluate applications filed under the Regulatory Sandbox(RS) ?
1) I S N Prasad
2) B V Naidu
3) S Gopalakrishnan
4) S Sadagopan
5) None of theseAnswer-4) S Sadagopan
On October 25, 2019, Inorder to promote innovative ideas to foster growth in the insurance sector, an autonomous body tasked with regulating insurance industries in India. IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India), has formed an 8-member panel headed by the International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT-B) Director S Sadagopan to evaluate applications filed under the Regulatory Sandbox (RS). The Committee will have a term of one year & meet whenever required.
- Which bank has partnered with the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd & launched a co-branded health care plus insurance policy ?
1) ICICI Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
3) State Bank of India (SBI)
4) Indian Bank (IB)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
On October 25, 2019, A major public sector bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) in association with Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd has launched co-branded health care plus insurance policy with a sum insured from Rs 50,000 – Rs 15 lakh through online platform for IOB customers on real time basis.
- Name the organization, which has partnered with the 7 mining and metals companies to accelerate responsible sourcing of raw materials under the new ‘Mining and Metals Blockchain Initiative‘.
1) Confederation of Indian Industry(CII)
2) International Finance Corporation(IFC)
3) World Economic Forum (WEF)
4) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) World Economic Forum (WEF)
On October 25, 2019, 7 mining and metals companies– Tata Steel, Antofagasta Minerals, Eurasian Resources Group Sarl, Glencore, Klockner & Co, Minsur SA and Anglo American/De Beers (Tracr) partnered with the World Economic Forum (WEF) to accelerate responsible sourcing of raw materials under the new ‘Mining and Metals Blockchain Initiative‘.
- Who won the $1 million Berggruen Prize 2019 for philosophy and culture ?
1) Ruth Bader Ginsburg
2) Onora O’Neill
3) Martha Nussbaum
4) Charles Taylor
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Ruth Bader Ginsburg
On October 23, 2019, Los Angeles-based Berggruen Institute announced United States (US) Supreme Court Justice Ms. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, aged 86, as the winner of the $1 million Berggruen Prize 2019 for philosophy and culture. She won the award for her pioneering legal work towards gender equality and her support for the rule of law.
- Name the third Indian Women Cricketer, who won the 7th edition of Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year 2019 award .
1) Jhulan Goswami
2) Harmanpreet Kaur
3) Jemimah Rodrigues
4) Smriti Mandhana
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Smriti Mandhana
Smriti Mandhana became the third woman to win ‘Cricketer of the Year’, after Mithali Raj and Deepti Sharma.Indian cricketers Jasprit Bumrah & Smriti Mandhana won 7th Edition of Wisden India Almanack Cricketer of the Year 2019 award. They are the 2 Indians among the 5 winners, which were announced on October 25, 2019. The other 3 winners are Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman, Sri Lanka’s Dimuth Karunaratne and Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Cricket Country: The Untold History of the First All India Team”, which was adjudged the Wisden India Book of the Year 2019 ?
1) Angela Saini
2) Kavita Puri
3) Prashant Kidambi
4) Ali Ansari
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Prashant Kidambi
The book titled “Cricket Country: The Untold History of the First All India Team” by Prashant Kidambi was adjudged the Wisden India Book of the Year 2019 (Publisher: Penguin India). Former Indian cricketers Gundappa Viswanath and Lala Amarnath were inducted into the Wisden India Hall of Fame.
- Who claimed the world’s richest man title 2019 ?
1) Warren Buffett
2) Bill Gates
3) Jeff Bezos
4) Mark Zuckerberg
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Bill Gates
On October 24, 2019, Bill Gates (63) in full William Henry Gates III, an American business magnate, author, and Microsoft co-founder, has crowned the title of world’s richest man 2019 by beating Jeffrey Preston Bezos (55), the founder & CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the legendary e-commerce American company Amazon.
- To which country, Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India on October 24, 2019?
3) Republic of Gambia
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Republic of Gambia
On October 24, 2019, the present Ambassador of India to the Republic of Senegal, Shri Godavarthi Venkata Srinivas, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of the Gambia, with residence in Dakar, Senegal. The 1993 batch Indian Foreign Service(IFS) officer Shri Srinivas, has replaced Shri Partha Satpathy.
- Who was elected as the 5th & current President of Botswana (interim) on October 25, 2019 ?
1) Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi
2) Quett Masire
3) Ian Khama
4) Festus Mogae
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi
On October 25, 2019, Mokgweetsi Eric Keabetswe Masisi (58) the 5th and current President of Botswana (interim), has won a 5-year term in Botswana’s elections for President role which saw his ruling Botswana Democratic Party (BDP) attains the minimum 29 parliamentary seats required to form a government after securing more than 51 % vote.
- Find the Chemical element, whose stable form was discovered by the international team of scientists, led by the Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR).
1) India and Russia
2) India and the United States (US)
3) India and China
4) India and Japan
5) None of theseAnswer-2) India and the United States (US)
On October 24, 2019, India and the United States (US) signed a joint Statement of Intent (SoI) to co-develop a range of cutting-edge warfighting technologies and systems for their militaries like virtual augmented reality (VAR), air-launched unmanned airborne systems (UAS), networked operations, brand new weapon and light-weight ammo (ammunition) designs. It was signed during the 9th meeting of the India US Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) 2019 held in New Delhi.
- Whose name was named for a tiny, honey-coloured insect, blind and wingless beetle in Britain’s Natural History Museum ?
1) Donald Trump
2) Luisa Neubauer
3) Greta Thunberg
4) Malala Yousafzai
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Greta Thunberg
On October 25, 2019, Britain’s 146-year-old Natural History Museum named a tiny, honey-coloured insect, blind and wingless beetle after climate activist Greta Thunberg (16). It measures less than one millimetre. It was discovered in the Kenyan capital Nairobi in the 1960s.
- Which country is set to host the 13th edition of International Cricket Council (ICC) U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 ?
1) South Africa
4) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer-1) South Africa
On October 24, 2019, The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that the 13th edition of ICC Under-19 (U19) Cricket World Cup 2020 will be held in South Africa from January 17- February 10, 2020. The JB Marks Oval in Potchefstroom will be the main venue. Benoni and Kimberley are the other host cities.
- Who won the gold medal in Men’s Singles title in 2nd edition of World Deaf Tennis Championships 2019?
1) Vidisha Baliyan
2) Parul Gupta
3) Jafreen Shaik
4) Prithvi Sekhar
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Prithvi Sekhar
The 2nd Edition of World Deaf Tennis Championships 2019 was held from October 12-19, 2019 in Antalya, Turkey. India’s unseeded Prithvi Sekhar, aged 26, defeated third seed Jaroslav Smedek of the Czech Republic by 6-4, 6-3 points and clinched the men’s singles title.
- Andy Murray is associated with which sport ?
3) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Tennis
Andy Murray is associated with Tennis. European Open 2019, the 4th edition of men’s tennis tournament, was held from October 14-20, 2019 at the Lotto Arena in Antwerp, Belgium. In Men’s singles category, Scotland’s Andy Murray defeated Switzerland’s Stan Wawrinka and clinched the title. It was his first title after his hip surgery.In Men’s doubles category, Germany’s Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies defeated Rajeev Ram (United States) and Joe Salisbury (Great Britain) to clinch the doubles title.
- Which team clinched the 18th season of Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 also known as the Ranji One-Day Trophy via VJD method (Jaydevan System or Gokul Gurandi system) ?
2) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Karnataka
Karnataka clinched the 18th season of Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 also known as the Ranji One-Day Trophy, a List A cricket tournament in India which was held from 24 September – 25 October 2019. The final match was held between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and the match was called off due to rain and Karnataka was declared as winners by 60 runs via VJD method (Jaydevan System or Gokul Gurandi system). It is calculation of targeted scores. Final Match was held at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It was the 4th title for Karnataka.
- Harika Dronavalli is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Chess
Harika Dronavalli is associated with Chess.Grandmaster Harika Dronavalli, aged 28, won the Best Women’s Player prize in FIDE (Fédération Internationale des Échecs or World Chess Federation) Chess.com Grand Swiss tournament 2019 held at the Comis Hotel & Golf Resort in Douglas, Isle of Man from October 10-21, 2019. The tournament was organized by IOM International Chess Limited with the total prize money of $433,000. i.D. Harika is a three-time World Championship bronze medallist and a Padma Shri recipient (2019).
- K R Wadhwaney passed away recently, he was a _____________ .
1) Sports Journalist and author
2) Politician and author
3) Actor and Director
4) Singer and Actor
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Sports Journalist and author
On October 24, 2019, veteran sports journalist and author K R Wadhwaney passed away at the age of 90 at his residence in New Delhi due to old age ailments. He had also authored 31 books on sports and other aspects.
- Which state’s former Chief Minister, Dilip Ramanbhai Parikh passed away recently ?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Gujarat
On October 25, 2019, Dilip Ramanbhai Parikh, Former Gujarat Chief Minister (CM) has passed away at a private hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat after a prolonged illness. He was 82. Parikh, an economics graduate from Elphinstone College, Mumbai, started his political career as a BJP MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) in the mid-1990s. He was an industrialist and has also been the President of the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Vishwa Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda)is located in which state? Answer- Rajgir in Bihar
President Ram Nath Kovind addressed 50th anniversary of establishment of Vishwa Shanti Stupa (World Peace Pagoda) at Rajgir in Bihar, Mr. Kovind said, the teaching of Lord Buddha can do lot for conflict resolution in present day. He said, these days there is a need to connect larger number of people with ideals of Buddha so that peace can prevail in the world.
- Tom Sole was banned from bowling in international cricket recently, he belongs to which country ? Answer- Scotland
Tom Sole of Scotland, Abiodun Abioye of Nigeria and Selladore Kumar of Singapore have been suspended from bowling in international cricket after their actions were found illegal. Sole was reported by match officials during Scotland’s match against Kenya on 19 October, Abioye in Nigeria’s match against Canada on 21 October and Kumar during Singapore’s match against Scotland on 18 October.
- Kittur Utsav festival is celebrated in which state? Answer-Karnataka
Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa inaugurate Kittur Utsav in Kittur. The three-day festivities will include sports, cultural programmes and lectures by resource persons on the kingdom of Rani Channamma. The State government has released Rs.1 crore for the utsav.
- Harsil Apple festival was celebrated in which state? Answer-Uttarakhand
The two-day apple festival concluded at Harsil in Uttarkashi district. Uttarkashi DM and MLA of Gangotri had inaugurated the festival. Local farmers, agricultural experts, scientists and enthusiasts were present on the occasion. About five hundred farmers, local youths and tourists attended the festival.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Botswana ? Answer-Capital: Gaborone & Currency: Botswana pula