AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who inaugurated the conference on ‘One Nation One Tag – FASTag’ in New Delhi for rolling out usage of unified electronic system ?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Amit Shah
3) Nitin Gadkari
4) Rajnath Singh
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Nitin Gadkari
On October 14, 2019 the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated conference on ‘One Nation One Tag – FASTag’ in New Delhi for rolling out usage of unified electronic system in the country. My FASTag mobile App was developed by IHMCL and NHAI for the FASTag customers. The App links bank account of neutral FASTag to bank account of customer’s choice.
- Name the first Indian delegate, who visited two African countries, Comoros and Sierra Leone .
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Venkaiah Naidu
Vice President of India, Mr M. Venkaiah Naidu held a 5 day tour to Comoros and Sierra Leone (African countries) from October 10-14, 2019. It was the first-ever visit by a high-level Indian dignitary to Comoros, an archipelago situated off the Southeast coast of Africa and to Sierra Leone.
- How many MoU’s were signed between India and Comoros during Vice President of India, Mr M. Venkaiah Naidu visit to Comoros ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) 6
Explanation:India and Comoros signed 6 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) in the following fields in the presence of the President of Comoros Mr Azali Assoumani and the Vice President of India Mr Naidu:
Sl No MoUs From the Government of India From the Government of the Union of Comoros 1 MoU in the field of Defence Cooperation Mr. T. S. Tirumurti, Secretary (Economic Relations- ER), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora 2 MoU in the field of Protocol for consultations between India and Comoros Mr. T. S. Tirumurti, Secretary (ER), MEA Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora 3 MoU in the field of Health and Medicine Mr. T. S. Tirumurti, Secretary (ER), MEA Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora 4 MoU on the exemption of Visas for the diplomatic and official passport holder Ambassador,
Embassy of India,
Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora 5 MoU in the field of Arts and Culture Ambassador,
Embassy of India,
Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora 6 MoU on e-VidyaBharati and e-AarogyaBharati (e-VBAB) Shri Kamendra Kumar, Director (Tech.), Telecommunications Consultations India Ltd. (TCIL) Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation in charge of Diaspora
- How much million(approximately) was granted as the Line of Credit to Comoros in the field of energy and maritime defence cooperation by Indian government ?
1) 45 Million
2) 55 Million
3) 50 Million
4) 60 Million
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 60 Million
India assured Comoros to give line of credit (LoC) Over 60 million,viz- USD 41.6 mn for setting up an 18MW (Megawatt) power plant in Moroni and a vocational training centre.LoC of USD 20 million for the procurement of High-Speed Interceptor Boats.India will gift medicines and medical equipments worth US$ 1 Million; Gift of 1000 Metric Ton (MT) of rice; Gifting of Interceptor Boats worth USD 2 mn; Transport vehicles worth USD 1 mn.
- Name the highest civilian honour of Comoros that was granted to Vice President, Venkaiah Naidu by the President of Comoros, Mr Azali Assoumani .
1) Order of great victory of thunder dragon
2) Royal order of Comoros
3) The Order of the Green Crescent
4) Order of democracy
5) None of theseAnswer-3) The Order of the Green Crescent
President of Comoros Mr Azali Assoumani presented Mr Naidu Comoros’ highest civilian honour ‘The Order of the Green Crescent’ in Moroni. This honour was started by a Turkish organization in the year 1920.
- To which country, India has granted USD 30 million for Irrigation development in Tomabum to achieve self-sufficiency in rice production ?
1) Sierra Leone
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Sierra Leone
India extended LoC of US$ 30 million for Irrigation development in Tomabum to achieve self-sufficiency in rice production was announced.India will also reactivate the US $ 15 million Line of Credit(LoC) for potable water project and dispatch 1000 MTs of rice to Sierra Leone, as a goodwill gesture.
- Which organization has evaluated the issue of children, food and nutrition after 20 years & released a report titled “The State of the World’s Children (SOWC) 2019: Children, food and nutrition- Growing well in a changing world” ?
1) United Nations(UN)
2) United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF)
3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
4) World Health Organization(WHO)
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF)
On October 15, 2019, The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) released a report titled “The State of the World’s Children (SOWC) 2019: Children, food and nutrition- Growing well in a changing world”. It was for the first time in 20 years, it evaluated the issue of children, food and nutrition. At least 1 in 3 children under 5 or over 200 million are either undernourished or overweight.Almost 2 in 3 children between 6 months and 2 years of age are not fed food.49 million children are stunted, or too short for their age.50 million children are wasted, or too thin for their height.
- Which city has topped in the Wealthiest City Worldwide 2019 released by Wealth intelligence firm New World Wealth(NWW) ?
1) Beijing, China
2) London, United Kingdom(UK)
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) New York City, United States(US)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) New York City, United States(US)
Explanation:On October 10, 2019 Wealth intelligence firm New World Wealth(NWW) released its report on wealthiest city worldwide 2019.The list was topped by America’s New York City (NYC).
Rank City Country 1 New York City United States of America(USA) 2 Tokyo Japan 3 San Francisco Bay Arena USA 4 London United Kingdom(UK) 5 Beijing China
- Which city topped among the Indian city as per the New World Wealth(NWW) report titled “Wealthiest city worldwide 2019” ?
1) Hyderabad, Telangana
2) Bangalore, Karnataka
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
On October 10, 2019 Wealth intelligence firm New World Wealth(NWW) released its report on wealthiest city worldwide 2019. Among Indian cities, Mumbai was the only city to be placed in the top 20 list at 12th rank followed by Delhi at 22nd rank, Bangalore at 26th Rank, and Hyderabad at 28th rank. The list was topped by America’s New York City (NYC).
- Which two departments are set to be operationalised by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) from November 1, 2019 due to various scams and defaults that was in news recently?
1) Department of Supervision (DoS) & Department of Regulation (DoR)
2) Department of Corrections (DoC) & Department of Supervision (DoS)
3) Department of Audits and Accounts (DoA&A) & Department of Corrections (DoC)
4) Department of Juvenile Justice (DoJJ) & Department of Corrections (DoC)
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Department of Supervision (DoS) & Department of Regulation (DoR)
In order to strengthen its oversight of commercial banks, urban co-operative banks (UCBs) and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) ,the country’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to operationalise unified Department of Supervision (DoS) & Department of Regulation (DoR) with effect from November 1, 2019.Issues: The decision comes after various scams and defaults affecting financial system in the last couple of years, including the Rs.12,600-crore fraudulent letter of undertaking (LoU)scam at Punjab National Bank(PNB) and debt default by IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited) and its subsidiaries.
- Which has become the first airline in the world to use taxibot,with passengers onboard ,bringing the aircraft from the parking bay to the runway and vice versa?
2) Air India
4) Air India Express
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Air India
On October 15, 2019, Air India has become the first airline in the world to use taxibot on an A320 aircraft with passengers onboard at Indira Gandhi International Airport ,New Delhi. The taxibot is a pilot-controlled semi-robotic aircraft tractor, bringing the aircraft from the parking bay to the runway and vice versa.
- Who received the 2019 Booker Prize for her novel “The Testament” along with Bernardine Everisto ?
1) George Orwell
2) Alice Munro
3) Elisabeth Moss
4) Margaret Atwood
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Margaret Atwood
On October 14, 2019, Canada’s Margaret Atwood (79) for her novel ‘The Testament’ and Britain’s Bernardine Everisto (60) for ‘Girl, Woman, Other’, have been jointly chosen as the winner of 2019 Booker Prize. Bernardine is the 1st black woman to receive this award in the 50-year history of the Booker Prize. At the same time, 79-year-old Atwood is the oldest winner of this award. Both the authors to split the GBP pound (sterling) 50,000 at a gala ceremony at the Guildhall in London, England.
- Name the Indian nun, who was declared as ‘Saints’ after 93 years of her death by Pope Francis .
1) Mariam Vattalil
2) Giuditta Vannini
3) Mariam Thresia
4) Euphrasia Eluvathingal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Mariam Thresia
On October 13, 2019, Indian nun Mariam Thresia of Kerala and four others (English Cardinal John Henry Newman, Swiss laywoman Marguerite Bays, Brazilian Sister Dulce Lopes and Italian Sister Giuseppina Vannini) declared Saints by Pope Francis (head of the Catholic Church) at a grand ceremony at the Vatican City, a city-state surrounded by Rome, Italy. The title was conferred on Thresia 93 years after her death.
- Where was the “Our Lady of Glory Church”, located which won the Award of Merit during the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation 2019 ?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Mumbai
Explanation:On October 14, 2019 4 heritage landmarks from India were chosen for the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation 2019. The awards were announced at a ceremony held in Penang, Malaysia. Renewal of Tai Kwun – Centre for Heritage and Arts in Hong Kong received the Award of Excellence, which is the highest award among all categories.
Heritage landmark Place Award category Vikram Sarabhai Library from
Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
Ahmedabad Award of Distinction KenesethEliyahoo Synagogue Mumbai Award of Merit Our Lady of Glory Church Mumbai Award of Merit Flora Fountain Mumbai Honourable mention
- Who was elected as the 6th President of Tunisia ?
1) Moncef Marzouki
2) Kais Saied
3) Mohamed Ennaceur
4) Beji Caid Essebsi
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Kais Saied
On October 13, 2019 independent candidate Kais Saied won the 2019 presidential election and thus became the 6th President of Tunisia. He succeeds Mohamed Ennaceur(5th president). He was the former law professor secured 73% votes in the election.
- To which country, Kishan dan dewal was concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 4) Georgia
On October 11, 2019, As per the Ministry of External Affairs(MEA), Government of India (GoI), Shri Kishan Dan Dewal (Indian Foreign Service –IFS officer of 2003 batch),has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to Georgia, with residence in Yerevan. He succeeds Shri Yogeshwar Sangwan. Dewal is presently serving as Ambassador of India to the Republic of Armenia.
- Name the Typhoon, which hits northern Japan with wind speeds upto 225 km/hr.
1) Lingling (Liwayway)
2) Tapah (Nimfa)
4) Mitag (Onyok)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Hagibis
The Typhoon HAGIBIS,the worst typhoon to hit the country ,since IDA in 1958,left many died and missing further cancellation of three Rugby World cup matches.The typhoon battered eight prefectures across Japan with wind speeds upto 225 km/hr.
- Priyanshu Rajawat is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Badminton
Explanation:Priyanshu Rajawat is associated with Badminton.He was in news recently because he won the men’s singles title in the Bahrain International Series 2019 was held at Khalifa Sports City, Isa Town in Bahrain.
Other winners are:
Category Winner Runner Men’s Singles Priyanshu Rajawat (India) Jason Antho Ho-Shue (Canada) Women’s Singles Sri Fatmawati (Indonesia) Ira Sharma (India) Men’s Doubles Prad Tangsrirapeephan & Apichasit Teerawiwat (Thailand) Rohan Kapoor & Saurabh Sharma (India) Mixed Doubles Juhi Dewangan & Venkat Gaurav Prasad (India) Pannawat Theerapanitnun & Kanyanat Sudchoeichom (Thailand)
- Name the Indian Cricketer who ranked Second in the recently released International Cricket Council (ICC) women’s batting rankings for ODI (One Day International) .
1) Jhulan Goswami
2) Smriti Mandhana
3) Mithali Raj
4) Harmanpreet Kaur
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Smriti Mandhana
Explanation:Smriti Mandhana ranked Second in the recently released International Cricket Council (ICC) women’s batting rankings for ODI (One Day International).
Rank Batting Rankings Bowling Rankings All-Rounder Rankings Team Rankings 1 Amy Satterthwaite (New Zealand) Jess Jonassen (Australia) Ellyse Perry (Australia) Australia 2 Smriti Mandhana (India) Megan Schutt (Australia) Marizanne Kapp (South Africa) India 3 Alyssa Healy (Australia) Sana Mir (Pakistan) Deepti Sharma (India) England
- Whose birth anniversary is celebrated as World Student’s Day on October 15, 2019?
1) B. R. Ambedkar
2) Vallabhbhai Patel
3) Swami Vivekananda
4) Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
World Student’s Day is observed annually on October 15 by the United Nations(UN) declaration in 2010. The day is celebrated commemorating the birth anniversary of former President(11th president) of India Shri Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam who wished to be identified as a teacher and then as anything else.This year, 2019, marks the 88th birth anniversary of Shri Abdul Kalam, who was also known as the “Missile Man of India” for his work Pokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998, development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology.
- What was the theme of the International Day of Rural Women 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Challenges and opportunities in climate-resilient agriculture for gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls”
2) Theme – “Sustainable infrastructure, services and social protection for gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls”
3) Theme – “Rural Women and girls building climate resilience”
4) Theme – “Climate is changing,Food and agriculture must too”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “Rural Women and girls building climate resilience”
The International Day of Rural Women by the United Nations(UN) is observed annually on October 15 established by the UN General Assembly under the resolution (A/RES/62/136) adopted on 18 December 2007. The theme for the year 2019 is “Rural Women and girls building climate resilience”. This day recognizes the critical role of rural women in enhancing agriculture and rural development, improving food security and eradicating rural poverty.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs
- Gorumara National Park is located in which state ? Answer-West Bengal
- What is the Capital and Currency of Georgia ? Answer-Capital: Tbilisi & Currency: Georgian lari
- Who is the President of the Union of the Comoros ? Answer-Mr. Azali Assoumani
- Who is the Executive Director of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) ? Answer-Henrietta Holsman Fore
- Where is the headquarter of Badminton World Federation(BWF) located ? Answer-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia