AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs October 2019
- Current Affairs September 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- About how much percent of Visual impairment in India was reduced as per the National Blindness and Visually Impaired Survey 2019 released by Dr. Harsh Vardhan ?
5) None of theseAnswer- 2) 52%
On October 10, 2019 Union health minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan released the National Blindness and Visually Impaired Survey 2019 at 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi marking the occasion of World Sight Day. Visual impairment in India has been reduced by about 52%. This reduction percentage surpassed the World Health Organisation’s global action plan for the Universal Eye Health (2014-19) target of 25%, according to the National Blindness Visually Impaired Survey (2015- 2019).
- Who released the first National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy Survey report conducted from 2015-19 in New Delhi ?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) D. V. Sadananda Gowda
3) Ramesh Pokhriyal
4) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
On October 10, 2019 Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan released the report on the first National Diabetes and Diabetic Retinopathy Survey (2015-2019), at the 13th Conference of Central Council of Health and Family Welfare, in New Delhi. The report was released in observance of World Sight Day. Diabetes and diabetic retinopathy are now emerging as a significant non-communicable disease and they also lead to ocular morbidity(eye diseases which include both visually impairing and non-visual impairing conditions).
- Which country will issue a commemorative coin to mark the 150th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi ?
1) United Kingdom(UK)
4) United States(US)
5) None of theseAnswer- 1) United Kingdom(UK)
On October 10, 2019, The United Kingdom’s (UK) Chancellor of the Exchequer Mr Sajid Javid (Pakistani-origin British finance minister) notified that the UK (United Kingdom) government will issue a commemorative coin to mark the 150th birthday anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The announcement was made at the 21st Edition of the annual GG2 Leadership Awards ceremony 2019 in London hosted to celebrate the British Asian success. UK’s Royal Mint will work on the coin.
- Who topped the 2019 edition of GG2 power list?
1) Chuka Umunna
2) Gina Miller
3) Sajid Javid
4) Priti Patel
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Sajid Javid
In the 2019 GG2 power list, Sajid Javid was on the first place followed by Indian-origin home secretary, Priti Patel, and anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller, born Gina Nadira Singh on second and third position respectively.
- Which country becomes the member of Group of 20 (G20) Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance recently ?
1) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-2) India
On October 11 2019, India became a member of Group of 20 (G20) Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance which works towards advancing the responsible and ethical use of smart city technologies. The World Economic Forum (WEF), the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation serves as secretariat for the Alliance.
- Under which act, Balancehero India Private Limited was Penalized worth Rs 12.88 lakh by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for non-compliance of regulatory guidelines ?
1) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2005
2) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2006
3) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2008
4) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007
On October 10, 2019, In exercise of the powers vested under Section 30 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, Country’s central bank,the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 12.88 lakh on Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) issuer Balancehero India Private Limited for non-compliance of regulatory guidelines. Toyota Financial Services India Limited (TFSIN), the Indian subsidiary of Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFSC) has also faced Rs 5 lakh penalty for non-compliance with directions issued by RBI on ‘Monitoring of Frauds in NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies).
- Which bank has signed a MoU with Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to provide cashless, paperless and transparent payment system to small traders ?
1) Union Bank of India (UBI)
2) State Bank of India (SBI)
3) Canara Bank
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Union Bank of India (UBI)
On October 11, 2019, Union Bank of India (UBI), one of the largest government-owned banks of India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to provide cashless, paperless and transparent payment system to small traders.As per the MoU, Union Bank will provide a number of services, including transactions in the GEM Pool account, functioning bank guarantees and earnest money deposit to users registered on the GEM portal.
- Name the organization, which has received the Reserve Bank of India (RBI ) license to set up a non-banking financial company(NBFC) in Bengaluru, Karnataka .
1) Geojit Comtrade Ltd.
2) GSFS Capital Securities
3) Credit Saison India
4) Indian Angel Network Services
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Credit Saison India
On October 11, 2019, Credit Saison India, the domestic subsidiary of Japanese financial services leader Credit Saison, has received a licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI ) to set up a non-banking financial company(NBFC) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, which will begin operations by October 2019 end.
- What is the Gross Domestic Product(GDP) of India for the FY20 (Fiscal Year 20) as per the India Ratings and Research(Ind-Ra) forecast ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 6.1%
On October 10, 2019, India Ratings and Research(Ind-Ra) has reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) for FY20 (Fiscal Year 20) to 6.1% from its previous estimate of 6.7%. This downgrade in GDP was due to a slowdown in rural and urban consumption demand growth.
- Who was conferred with the Health Council Award 2019 in Healthcare technology category by Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) ?
1) Niraj Baxi
2) Rahul Shukla
3) H R Shah
4) Hitesh Bhatt
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Hitesh Bhatt
Explanation:On October 11, 2019, an International body named Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO), presented the Health Council Award 2019 during the GOPIO health summit in New Jersey, United States(US), to people who have contributed in the health sector.
Name Field Awarded category Rahul Shukla Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of S S White Technologies and Shukla Medical, US. Manufacturing of the latest medical equipment. Hitesh Bhatt CEO of Bhatt Foundation Inc, US. Healthcare technology category. H R Shah Chairman and CEO of TV Asia, Promoting health awareness among the Indian diaspora.
- Name the first Ethiopian, who was felicitated with Nobel Peace Prize 2019 ?
1) Abiy Ahmed Ali
2) Meles Zenawi
3) Isaias Afwerki
4) Lemma Megersa
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Abiy Ahmed Ali
The Norwegian Nobel Committee of the Norwegian Nobel Institute (Norska Nobelinstitutet) has awarded the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize which is the 100th Nobel Peace Prize to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali, aged 43, for his efforts to promote reconciliation, solidarity and social justice, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict (more than 20 years of conflict) with neighbouring Eritrea. He is the first Ethiopian to be awarded a Nobel Prize.
- Who topped in the Forbes India Rich List 2019 for the 12th consecutive year with a net worth of $51.4 billion by Forbes India ?
1) Uday Kotak
2) Pallonji Mistry
3) Mukesh Ambani
4) Gautam Adani
5) None of theseAnswer- 3) Mukesh Ambani
Explanation:On October 11, 2019, Forbes India Rich List 2019 was released by Forbes India in which Mukesh Ambani, aged 62, Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) held the top spot for the 12th consecutive year with a net worth of $51.4 billion.
Rank Name Industry Net Worth ($ bln) 2 Gautam Adani Adani Ports & SEZ (Special Economic Zone) 15.7 3 Hinduja brothers Ashok Leyland 15.6 4 Pallonji Mistry Shapoorji Pallonji Group 15 5 Uday Kotak Kotak Mahindra Bank 14.8
- Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of Cultsport ?
1) K. L. Rahul
2) Jasprit Bumrah
3) Mohammed Shami
4) Hardik Pandya
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Jasprit Bumrah
On October 9, 2019, Bengaluru(Karnataka)-headquartered health and wellness start-up company curefit announced the appointment of Indian cricket player Jasprit Bumrah as the brand ambassador for its sportswear brand “cultsport”.
- Name the space weather satellite launched by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to study earth’s ionosphere ?
3) Satellite with ARgos and ALtiKa(SARAL)
4) Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON)
On October 10, 2019, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) launched Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) space weather satellite from Northrop Grumman’s L-1011 Stargazer aircraft, with the company’s Pegasus XL rocket attached beneath, from the Skid Strip runway at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, United States. Ionospheric is the layer of the earth’s atmosphere that contains a high concentration of ions and free electrons and is able to reflect radio waves.
- What is the name of the app launched by Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri, to encourage public engagement in planting trees and Green drives ?
3) Shiksha Vani
5) None of theseAnswer-1) mHariyali
On October 11, 2019, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing & Urban Affairs Mr. Hardeep Singh Puri launched a new mobile app named “mHariyali” and website “Environment Protection in Government Colonies” in New Delhi, which encourages people to plant trees and for Green drives. It provides for automatic geotagging of plants, is user-friendly and works on any android mobile phone.Both app & website are developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC)-Ministry of Housing and Urban Affair (MoHUA).
- Name the 1st & unique eel-loach species of miniature well-dwelling subterranean fish discovered in the Kozhikode, Kerala ?
1) Blue Tang
3) Pangio bhujia
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Pangio bhujia
The scientists of Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) have discovered the 1st & unique eel-loach species of miniature well-dwelling subterranean fish named ‘Pangio bhujia’ (due to its resemblance to the North Indian snack, bhujia) in Cherinja village, Kozhikode district of Kerala.
- What is the name of the app launched by Indian Railways, through which the passengers can register their complaints online?
2) Nyaya Bandhu
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Sahyatri
On october 11, 2019, The Indian Railways launched a Sahyatri mobile app and a website www.railways.delhipolice.gov.in through which the passengers can register their complaints online. It was launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) in the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) Mr Nityanand Rai at the NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council) Convention Centre on Sansad Marg, New Delhi.
- Which country’s women cricket team broke the record for most consecutive wins in One Day International (ODI) cricket with their 18th triumph by defeating Sri Lanka?
3) Sri Lanka
4) New zealand
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Australia
On October 9, 2019 the Australian women’s cricket team broke the record for most consecutive wins in One Day International (ODI) cricket with their 18th triumph by defeating Sri Lanka in the tri-match ODI series during Sri Lanka women’s cricket team tour in Australia” at the Allan Border Field stadium in Brisbane, Australia. They broke their own record of 17 consecutive wins achieved between 1997 and 1999.
- Name the saxophone player & Padma Shri awardee, who passed away recently?
1) Kadri Gopalnath
2) Rudresh Mahanthappa
3) Pravin Godkhindi
4) Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Kadri Gopalnath
Renowned saxophone player & Padma Shri awardee Kadri Gopalnath has passed away at a private hospital in Mangaluru, Karnataka following a cardiac arrest. He was 69. He was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honors in 2004 and also Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for Carnatic Music – Instrumental (Saxophone) in the same year.He had earned the distinction of being the 1st Carnatic musician to be invited in the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation ) Promenade concert in 1994, in the Royal Albert Hall in London.
- Who is the author of the book titled “How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need” ?
1) Mark Zuckerberg
2) Elon Musk
3) Bill Gates
4) Jeff Bezos
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Bill Gates
The founder of Microsoft Corporation and American philanthropist Bill Gates’ new book titled “How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need” will be released on June 2020. It will be published by UK-based Allen Lane publishers. The book is about climate change and the possible solutions to prevent an environmental crisis.
- What was the theme of the International Day of the Girl Child 2019 ?
1) Theme – “EMPOWER girls: emergency response and resilience planning”
2) Theme – “Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: What Counts for Girls”
3) Theme – “A Skilled Girlforce”
4) Theme – “GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable”
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Theme – “GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable”
International Day of the Girl Child by the United Nations(UN) is observed annually on the 11th of October under the resolution(A/RES/66/170), adopted on December 19, 2011, at the UN General Assembly. The theme for the year 2019 is “GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable”. The aim of this day is to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face, and also promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.
- On which date, World Obesity Day is observed annually ?
1) October 8
2) October 11
3) October 10
4) October 9
5) None of theseAnswer-2) October 11
The World Obesity Day is observed annually on October 11, organized by the World Obesity Federation, a non-profit body which is in official relations with the World Health Organization(WHO). The day which was first established in 2015, aims to raise awareness on obesity and ways to prevent them and also maintaining a healthy weight and reverse the obesity crisis.
- What was the theme of the World Egg Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Eat your egg today and every day”
2) Theme – “Eggs as the Source of Life and Egg Discoveries”
3) Theme – “The Global Egg Market: past, present, future – challenges and possibilities”
4) Theme – “Protein for Life”
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Theme – “Eat your egg today and every day”
The World Egg Day which is celebrated annually on the second Friday of October, was observed on October 11, 2019. The day is celebrated globally to raise awareness of the benefits of eggs and their nutritional importance. It was first established at the 1996 International Egg Commission’s (IEC) conference in Vienna, Austria where it was decided to celebrate this day on the second Friday of October. The theme for the year 2019 is “Eat your egg today and every day.”
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Divij Sharan was in news recently, he was associated with which sport ? Answer-Tennis
Divij Sharan was in news recently, because he has become not only India’s number one but also the top-ranked Asian in the ATP doubles list with a recent three-place jump that took him to number 42 in the world.
- Hindon airport was in news recently, it is located in which state ? Answer-Uttar Pradesh
Hindon airport was in news recently because it is ready to operate its first flight. District Magistrate Ajay Shankar Pandey informed that the first flight will be to Pithoragarh from Heritage Aviation Company. The airport has come as a relief for passengers from western Uttar Pradesh as they would not have to travel all the way to Delhi airport to catch flights for certain destinations such as Shimla, Faizabad, Nasik and Hubli.
- Nirmala Sheoran is associated with which sport ? Answer-Sprinting
Nirmala Sheoran was in news recently because she was banned for 4 years & stripped off two Asian championships gold medals.
- Who is the Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) ? Answer-Jim Bridenstine
- What is the tagline of Union Bank of India (UBI) ? Answer-Good people to bank with