AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Which two countries will participate in the Joint military exercise named ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ ?
1) India and Sri Lanka
2) India and Bangladesh
3) India and Nepal
4) India and Russia
5) None of theseAnswer-3) India and Nepal
‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ the Joint military exercise between India and Nepal will be held in Salijhandi, Rupendehi district of Nepal from 03 to 16 December 2019. Objective: The Objective of the exercise is to increase interoperability in jungle warfare, counter terrorist operations in mountainous terrain, humanitarian assistance, disaster relief, medical and environmental conservation.
- Where was the 47th All India Police Science Congress held ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP)
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP)
A 2 day event of 47th All India Police Science Congress was held at the DGP (Director General of Police) headquarters in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP) between 28th and 29th November 2019. The event was organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D). The opening ceremony was inaugurated by Kiran Bedi, Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry and the closing ceremony was inaugurated by Amit Shah, Union Home Minister.
- Under which section of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) was banned for 5 years ?
1) Section 3
2) Section 4
3) Section 5
4) Section 6
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Section 3
On November 28, 2019, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has extended the ban against United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) after exercising the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967. With this, the Assam-based ultra outfit, ULFA along with all its factions, wings and front organizations declared as an unlawful association.
- Which city hosted the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 ?
1) New Delhi, Delhi
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Manesar, Haryana
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Manesar, Haryana
A 3 day event of NuGen Mobility Summit was held in Manesar, Haryana from 27th to 29th November 2019. The event was organised by the International Centre for Automobile Technology (ICAT) in associate with SAENIS (Northern India Section), SAE INDIA, SAE International, NATRiP (National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project), DIMTS (Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System), DHI (Department of Heavy Industries), MoRTH, SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) and ACMA (Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India) and inaugurated by Chief Guest, Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Shipping.
- By which year, Government has decided to make Hallmarking of Gold jewellery and Artifacts and registration with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) mandatory ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) 2021
On 29th November 2019, Union Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan stated that the Government has decided to make Hallmarking of Gold jewellery and Artifacts and registration with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) mandatory from January 15, 2021 and the notification will be issued by January 15, 2020 by the Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Where was the Fifth Dialogue of NITI Aayog and Development Research Centre (DRC) held ?
1) Mumbai, India
2) Wuhan, China
3) New Delhi, India
4) Beijing, China
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Wuhan, China
On 28 November 2019, the Fifth Dialogue of NITI Aayog and Development Research Centre (DRC), of the State Council, People’s Republic of China, was held in Wuhan, China. The Indian delegation was led by Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog while the Chinese delegation was led by Ma Jiantang, Party Secretary of DRC. The Sixth Dialogue will be convened in India in the second half of November 2020.
- Which country was elected to UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage Committee for the first time ?
3) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia was elected to UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage Committee for the first time during the 22nd General Assembly of the State Parties after winning the membership in the UNESCO Executive Board for 2019-2023. The UNESCO Executive board comprises of 58 member states.
- How much percent of greenhouse gas emissions should be reduced between 2020 & 2030 in order to achieve the 1.5°C temperature goal of the Paris Agreement by 2030 as per United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)’s report “Emissions Gap Report 2019”?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 7.6%
On November 28, 2019 the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report titled “Emissions Gap Report 2019” warns the world to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 7.6% each year between 2020 and 2030 to achieve the 1.5°C temperature goal of the Paris Agreement by 2030. Despite the commitments under the Paris Agreement temperatures are still expected to rise by 3.2°C, bringing even wider-ranging and more destructive climate impacts.
- Which bank have excluded from the second schedule of the RBI Act, 1934 with effect from April 1, 2019 ?
1) UCO Bank and Dena Bank
2) Bank of Baroda and Dena Bank
3) Bank of Baroda and UCO Bank
4) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank
On November 28 2019, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has excluded Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank from the second schedule of the RBI Act, 1934 with effect from April 1, 2019, as they have ceased to carry on banking business. Reason behind exclusion from the act: The above mentioned public sector banks (PSBs) were merged into Bank of Baroda on April 1, 2019 hence, they were ceased to operate as banking companies separately.
- Name the section, of RBI Act which should be satisfied by the bank in order to be listed as the scheduled bank in India .
1) Section 43 (6) (a)
2) Section 42 (6) (a)
3) Section 46 (6) (a)
4) Section 47 (6) (a)
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Section 42 (6) (a)
Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank public sector banks (PSBs) were merged into Bank of Baroda on April 1, 2019 hence, they were ceased to operate as banking companies separately. It should be noted that in the 2nd Schedule of the RBI Act, 1934, only those banks are included which satisfy the criteria mentioned on section 42 (6) (a) of the RBI Act. Those banks included in this schedule are known as scheduled banks in India while banks not under this schedule are called non-scheduled banks.
- Which became the first financial services firm to be taken to National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) ?
1) Kotak Mahindra Bank
2) Indiabulls Housing Finance
3) Dewan Housing Finance Corp. Ltd (DHFL)
4) IDFC First Bank
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Dewan Housing Finance Corp. Ltd (DHFL)
On November 30 2019, a corporate insolvency resolution process (IRP) will be initiated by National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), following Reserve Bank of India (RBI) application, against Dewan Housing Finance Corp. Ltd (DHFL) under Section 227 read with clause (zk) of sub-section (2) of Section 239 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016 read with Rules 5 and 6 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Rules, 2019.
- What was the gross domestic product (GDP) of India in second quarter (Q2: July-September) as per the National Statistical Office (NSO) ?
3) 5.2 %
5) None of theseAnswer-1) 4.5%
On November 29, 2019, as per the National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s second quarter (Q2: July-September) gross domestic product (GDP) slipped down to 4.5% from 5% in June quarter (Q: April-June). The reason behind this 6-year low downfall is weak consumer demand and private investment, deceleration in manufacturing output, and subdued farm sector activity. It is lowest since January-March of 2012-13 when it was at 4.3 percent.
- Who won the India’s Highest Literary award, “55th Jnanpith Award 2019” ?
1) Ayyappa Paniker
2) Vyloppilli Sreedhara Menon
3) Edasseri Govindan Nair
4) Akkitham Achuthan Namboodri
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Akkitham Achuthan Namboodri
On 29th November 2019, Akkitham Achuthan Namboodri, a renowned Malayalam poet has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award 2019 in accordance to the Jnanpith Selection Board. He is also the 6th Malayalam Poet to receive the Jnanpith award. He was born in Kumaranellur, Kerala. The Jnanpith award is the Highest Literary award in India, awarded to an author to acknowledge his/her excellence in Literature.
- What was the strike range of Brahmos supersonic cruise missile that test fired in the Arabian sea by Indian Navy ?
1) 400 km
2) 290 km
3) 150 km
4) 250 km
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 290 km
On November 28, 2019, the Indian Navy(IN) successfully test-fired the 290-km strike range Brahmos supersonic cruise missile in the Arabian sea. It was launched from Navy’s stealth destroyer INS (Indian Naval Ship) Kochi.
- Where did the Indian Navy commissioned 6th Dornier aircraft squadron on November 29, 2019 ?
1) Kochi, Kerala
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Porbandar, Gujarat
4) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Porbandar, Gujarat
On November 29, 2019, the Indian Navy (IN) has commissioned its sixth Dornier aircraft squadron in Porbandar, Gujarat, to enhance coastal security near the sea border with Pakistan. Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (DCNS) Vice Admiral MS Pawar was the chief guest on this occasion. He also commissioned the Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 314, called Raptors ( Bird of Prey family), which will operate with four newly-inducted, next-generation Dornier aircraft.
- Tim James Murtagh, who announced retirement recently is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Cricket
On 29th November 2019, Tim James Murtagh, 38 announced his retirement from International Cricket. Tim Murtagh is an Ireland Bowler and Batsman. He represented England in the 2000 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He was one of the 11 players to play Ireland’s first Cricket Test Match against Pakistan in the year 2018, he was also named the Men’s International Player of the Year at the annual Cricket Ireland Awards in the year 2018.
- Which country’s Rock Climber, Brad Gobright passed away on 27th November 2019 ?
4) United States of America
5) None of theseAnswer-4) United States of America
On 27th November 2019, Brad Gobright, 31 died in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He was well known for his Rock climbing skills and gravity defying solo ascents with no ropes. Brad Gobright was born in California, United States (US). Brad Gobright and his fellow Aidan Jacobson, 26 climbed a route in Nuevo Leon known as ‘Shining Path’ when they fell after their return from the 900 meter climb, Aidan Jacobson landed on a cliff while Brad slipped and fell for another 300 meters and died. Jacobson was injured on various parts of his body and is undergoing treatment.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC) ? Answer-Shashank Manohar
- Who is the Director General of National Statistical Office (NSO) ? Answer-Vijay Kumar
- Where is the head quarter of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) located ? Answer-Mumbai, Maharashtra
- What is the tagline of Bank of Baroda ? Answer-India’s International Bank
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) works under which ministry ? Answer-Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution