AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 26 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Name the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan, who visited India recently .
1) Pulat Bobojonov
2) Rustam Sadikovich
3) Sayfiddin Umarovich
4) Botir Asadillayevich
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Pulat Bobojonov
Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan Mr. Pulat Bobojonov is on 4 day visit to India from November 20-23,2019.
- Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) will be set up in which of the following state ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Hyderabad, Telangana
3) New Delhi, Delhi
4) Bengaluru, Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Hyderabad, Telangana
On November 25, 2019 The Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) by the Indian Railways (IR) has been set up in Hyderabad, Telangana. The institute will provide professional training in railway finances management. It was inaugurated by Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman of the Railway Board. IRIFM has been constructed by Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL) at a cost of Rs.85 crores.
- Name the field for which India and Uzbekistan has signed an agreement on November 22, 2019 .
1) Research and Education
4) Security Cooperation
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Security Cooperation
On November 22, 2019 an agreement was signed between India and Uzbekistan on Security Cooperation. The agreement was signed in New Delhi between Minister of Home Affairs (MoHA) of India Shri Amit Shah and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan Mr. Pulat Bobojonov, during his (Pulat) bilateral visit to India from November 20-23,2019.
- What was the theme of the 11th edition of Agrovision exhibition 2019 that held in Nagpur, Maharashtra ?
1) Theme – “Development in Technology for Sustainable Development”
2) Theme – “Digital India”
3) Theme – “Smart Technologies for Sustainable Development”
4) Theme – “Educating and Encouraging Farmers for Prosperity”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “Smart Technologies for Sustainable Development”
On November 22, 2019, Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and Shipping & Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has inaugurated the 11th edition of Agrovision 2019 , an Agricultural exhibition based on the theme “Smart Technologies for Sustainable Development” held from 22-25 November, 2019 at Reshimbagh Ground, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Who released a booklet titled ‘Convergence of National Highway improvement/ construction with water conservation and groundwater recharge at Agro Vision-2019 in Nagpur, Maharashtra ?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Amit Shah
3) Rajnath Singh
4) Ram Vilas Paswan
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister for Road Transport Nitin Gadkari has released a booklet called ‘Convergence of National Highway improvement/construction with water conservation and groundwater recharge at Agro Vision-2019 in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- By which of the following scenario, Public sector banks (PSBs) received Rs 1,996.46 crore as penalty ?
1) From penalty imposed for willful defaulters
2) For not keeping minimum monthly balance
3) For not completing KYC norms
4) For not complying with Banks norms
5) None of theseAnswer-2) For not keeping minimum monthly balance
Public sector banks (PSBs) received Rs 1,996.46 crore as penalty for not keeping minimum monthly balance in the account in 2018-19. In the financial year 2017-18 (or 2017), 18 state-owned banks received Rs 3,368.42 crore as minimum balance penalty. At the same time, in the financial year 2016-17 (or 2016) , the public banks recovered Rs 790.22 crore from the account holders. Reason: One of the reasons for the decline in the minimum deposit amount penalty by PSBs is the penalty reduced by SBI (State Bank of India)from October 1, 2017 for non-maintenance of minimum deposit in savings account.
- Which account will not be penalized by banks for not maintaining minimum monthly balance ?
1) Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
2) Savings Accounts(SA)
3) Money Market Deposit Account (MMDA)
4) Basic Savings Bank Accounts (BSBD)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Basic Savings Bank Accounts (BSBD)
Banks do not charge any penalty for not having a minimum monthly balance in Basic Savings Bank Accounts (BSBD). These include open accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). According to RBI, as of March 2019, there were 57.3 crore BSBD accounts in the country, of which 35.27 crore were Jan Dhan accounts.
- Which firm has entered into a co-origination partnership with the State Bank of India (SBI) in order to provide widened credit outreach and faster disbursal ?
1) Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd( IL&FS )
2) Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd
3) U GRO Capital
4) Capital First Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer-3) U GRO Capital
On November 25, 2019 capital market company NewQuest’s U GRO Capital has entered into a co-origination partnership with the State Bank of India(SBI) in order to provide widened credit outreach and faster disbursal. Through U GRO Capital’s platform “GRO-Xstream”, in-principle loan approval will be done within 60 minutes. The partnership was signed by Mr. Jayanta Deb Majumdar, General Manager(GM) of SBI and Mr. Shachindra Nath, Executive Chairman of U GRO Capital.
- Name the firms, which has partnered & launched a micro-insurance plan, ‘insurance khata’ that aims to boost informal sector & agricultural labourers with seasonal incomes .
1) India First Life Insurance & Spice Money
2) Max Life Insurance & Spice Money
3) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance & Spice Money
4) Exide Life Insurance & Spice Money
5) None of theseAnswer-1) India First Life Insurance & Spice Money
On November 23, 2019, India First Life Insurance, a leading life insurance company in India has partnered with Spice Money, a tech-led financial services provider, for distribution and marketing of ‘insurance khata’, a micro-insurance plan aims at the informal sector & agricultural labourers with seasonal incomes. Under this partnership, Spice Money will work for India First Life & market of ‘insurance khata’ products to its customers base of over three lakh in semi-urban and rural India.
- Which payment solutions provider has partnered with “Vistara” to provide co-branded credit card to latter’s customers ?
1) Indian Bank card
2) State Bank of India(SBI) card
3) Canara Bank Card
4) Union Bank of India Card
5) None of theseAnswer-2) State Bank of India(SBI) card
On November 26, 2019, SBI (State Bank of India) card, a payment solutions provider in India has partnered with Vistara, an Indian full-service airline, to provide premium, co-branded credit card to its customers with the benefits like free cancellations, lounge access, and extra frequent flyer points.
- Name the first Indian company to cross Rs.9.5 lakh crore & almost nears 10 lakh crore in market capitalization (m-cap) .
1) Hindustan Unilever
2) HDFC Bank
3) Tata Group
4) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
5) none of theseAnswer-4) Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the first Indian company to cross Rs.9.5 lakh crore in market capitalization (m-cap). Recently Vodafone India and Bharti Airtel had announced their tariff hike which will be implemented from December 2019. This has increased the share price of RIL in market and is believed to attract more subscribers for Reliance Jio. On 26 Nov 2019, its m-cap touched Rs 9,99,045 crore nearing the Rs 10 lakh crore mark.
- Name the Indian weightlifter, who was conferred with the 27th Ekalabya Award 2019.
1) Punam Yadav
2) Karnam Malleswari
3) Jhilli Dalabehera
4) Saikhom Mirabai Chanu
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Jhilli Dalabehera
On 25th November 2019, Jhilli Dalabehera, Odisha weightlifter has been awarded the 27th Ekalabya Award 2019, the annual award organized by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT) managed by IMFA (Indian Metals and Ferro Alloys limited) group. The award comprises a cash prize of Rs.5 lakhs along with a citation.
- Who was conferred with the India’s First ‘Quality Ratna’ award during 27th Quality Summit held in Bengaluru ?
1) Suresh Krishna
2) Rakesh Bharti Mittal
3) Shobana Kamineni
4) Chandrajit Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Suresh Krishna
On 25th November 2019, Suresh Krishna, former president of CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) and chairman of Sundram Fasteners Limited received India’s First ‘Quality Ratna’ award from DV Sadananda Gowda, Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India by CII Institute of Quality in its 27th Quality Summit held in Bangalore. He constituted the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) club of India in association with the JIPM (Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance) in 1998 and he was its first chairman.
- Who was appointed as the director of Technical Cooperation and Silk Road Development in United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) ?
1) Sanjiv Ranjan
2) Suman Billa
3) Ashok Das
4) Dinesh Bhatia
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Suman Billa
On November 26, 2019, Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), Government of India (GoI) has approved the appointment of Suman Billa (a 1996 batch IAS-Indian Administrative Service officer from the Kerala cadre) as director of Technical Cooperation and Silk Road Development at D1 level in United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) at its headquarters in Madrid, Spain for a period of 2 years, initially.
- Who launched the Credit-linked Subsidy Services(CLSS) portal named “CLAP” (CLSS Awas Portal) to address the grievance of the beneficiaries in an organised phase or manner ?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Suresh Prabhu
4) Hardeep Singh Puri
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Hardeep Singh Puri
On November 25, 2019 Shri. Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (MoS- Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the Credit-linked Subsidy Services(CLSS) portal named “CLAP” (CLSS Awas Portal). The link to the portal is https://pmayuclap.gov.in/.The aim of the portal was to address the grievance of the beneficiaries in an organised phase or manner. All stakeholders such as MoHUA, Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs), Primary Lending Institutions (PLIs) and Beneficiaries will be integrated in this portal.
- Researchers from which institute have developed catalytic converters for cars using Rajasthani clay ?
1) Indian Institute of Technology- Delhi (IIT-D)
2) Indian Institute of Technology- Bengaluru (IIT-B)
3) Indian Institute of Technology- Jodhpur (IIT-J)
4) Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur (IIT-K)
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Indian Institute of Technology- Jodhpur(IIT-J)
On November 26, 2019, a team from the Indian Institute of Technology- Jodhpur’s (IIT-J) chemistry department led by professor Rakesh K Sharma, has developed catalytic converters for cars using Rajasthani clay. It’s use will reduce pollution and is also cheaper to produce. The catalytic convertor was developed by extraction of the Iron-Nickel-Cobalt (Fe-Ni-Co) nanoparticles from the Rajasthani clay which acts as an oxygen reservoir.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Hemant Karkare -A Daughter’s Memoir” that portrays former Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief Hemant Karkare’s life as a father ?
1) Jui Karkare Navare
2) Avalok Navare
3) Meghna Navare
4) Palash Krishna Navare
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Jui Karkare Navare
On November 26, 2019, marking the 11th anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, a book titled “Hemant Karkare -A Daughter’s Memoir” by Jui Karkare Navare was released in Prerna hall of police club in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The book portrays former Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief Hemant Karkare’s life as a father to Jui Navare. The book has been published by Crossword.
- Name the author of the book on Rameshwar Nath Kao titled, “RN Kao: Gentleman Spymaster” .
1) Ira Trivedi
2) Nitin Anant Gokhale
3) Nidhi Dugar Gokhale
4) Palash Krishna Gokhale
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Nitin Anant Gokhale
A book on the life history of legendary Spymaster and one of the Founding father of India’s external agency RAW (Research and Analysis Wing), Rameshwar Nath Kao, written by Nitin Anant Gokhale will be published soon by Bloomsbury India. The book is based on the anecdotes of RN Kao’s life.
- Whose birth anniversary is commemorated as National Milk Day on November 26, 2019 ?
1) Norman Borlaug
2) Dhirubhai Ambani
3) Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata
4) Verghese Kurien
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Verghese Kurien
The National Milk Day is observed annually on November 26 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr.Verghese Kurien, who is called the father of the White Revolution in India. White revolution denotes the ‘billion-litre idea’ of Kurien in the dairy production. The day was decided to be celebrated from 2014 onwards by all the dairy majors of the country along with Indian Dairy Association (IDA).
- When was the Constitution Day (also known as ‘Samvidhan Divas’) is celebrated ?
1) November 24
2) November 25
3) November 26
4) November 23
5) None of theseAnswer-3) November 26
On November 26, 2019, Constitution Day (also known as ‘Samvidhan Divas) celebrated all over India to mark the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly. The purpose of celebrating this day is to make citizen aware of the Constitution & to spread awareness in society.
- Who drafted Indian Constitution & also known as the father of the Indian constitution ?
1) Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
2) Jawaharlal Nehru
3) Subhas Chandra Bose
4) Rajendra Prasad
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
The Indian Constitution was drafted by Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (father of the Indian constitution), after closely examining all the constitutions around the world. It was brought before the Indian Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949 & It came into force on 26 January 1950. India’s Constitution is the largest constitution in the world, comprising 448 Articles, 12 Schedules, and 94 Amendments. It took 2 years 11 months and 17 days to prepare.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Mahadayi river originates from __________ . Answer-Western Ghats
Mahadayi river originates from Western Ghats. This was in news recently because Goa Congress launched a digital campaign to apprise people about the state’s dispute with neighbouring Karnataka on the sharing of Mahadayi River waters, and the “failure” of Pramod Sawant and Union governments on the issue.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Uzbekistan ? Answer-Capital- Tashkent & Currency- Uzbekistani soʻm
- Who is the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of India First Life Insurance ? Answer-Ms.R.M.Vishakha
- Who is the Secretary general of United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) ? Answer-Zurab Pololikashvili
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park is located in which state ? Answer-Maharashtra
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/november/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try November Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]