AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 25 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which State Government notified the ‘Goods Carriages (Regulation and Prevention of Cartelization Rules), 2017’, banning goods carriage operators from forming cartels in the state?
5. UttarkhandAnswer – 3. Punjab
Punjab State Government notified the ‘Punjab Goods Carriages (Regulation and Prevention of Cartelization Rules), 2017’, banning goods carriage operators from forming cartels in the state. This notification is aimed at creating a favourable environment for industries and business houses in the state which will encourage industrial and infrastructural investment. As per the notification, operators and permit holders of goods carriages have been barred from forming a cartels which deny freedom of choice to prospective consignors and consignees.
- Name the partner state for the event “International Gita Mahotsava-2017” which was held at Kurukshetra, Haryana.
2. West Bengal
3. Uttar Pradesh
5. SikkimAnswer – 3. Uttar Pradesh
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the International Gita Mahotsava-2017 in Kurukshetra, Haryana. Gita Mahotsava-2017 will conclude on December 3, 2017. Mauritius is the partner country and Uttar Pradesh is the partner state for this event. About 20 lakh people participated in Gita Mahotsav last year, which also included people from 35 countries.This year, about 25-30 lakh people are expected to participate in this event till December 3, 2017.
- Who organised the 2-day conference on National Law Day in New Delhi?
1. Niti Aayog
2. Law Commission
5. 2&3Answer – 4. 1&2
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 2-day conference on National Law Day in New Delhi.This conference is organised by the Law Commission and the Niti Aayog to mark the National Law Day. The National Law Day is celebrated on November 26, the day on which the Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly in 1949. There will be four sessions on relevant issues concerning India’s judicial system. These include ‘judicial review and parliamentary democracy – balancing the separation of power’ and ‘appointments to higher judiciary – constraints of collegium system and reforms ahead’.
- The Government of India will assist which country to develop and set up digital locker services?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 2. Mauritius
The Government of India will assist Mauritius to develop and set up digital locker services. Ajay Kumar, Additional Secretary, Ministry of electronics and IT, said that, Government of India will assist Mauritius to develop and set up digital locker services, on the sidelines of Global Conference on Cyber Space 2017. The government will offer technical support and advisory services to Mauritius. The decision was taken during a bilateral meeting during the conference.
- To counter China’s strategic moves in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and ensure security of sea lanes converging towards the Malacca Strait India has conducted a major military exercise in which strategically-located Island?
1. Andaman and Nicobar island
2. Sumatra island
3. Phuket island
4. Java island
5. Lakshadweep islandAnswer – 1. Andaman and Nicobar island
India has conducted a major military exercise in the strategically-located Andaman and Nicobar Island archipelago. This is expected to help to counter China’s strategic moves in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and ensure security of sea lanes converging towards the Malacca Strait. The “Defence of A&N Islands Exercise” (DANX), with fighters, heavy-lift transport aircraft, warships, infantry combat vehicles, special forces and regular troops, was conducted from November 20 to 24, 2017 to fine-tune operational drills and synergy among the Army, Navy and Air Force in the region.
- Which state has decided to celebrate ‘Lachit Divas’ in different state capitals of India?
5. GoaAnswer – 2. Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said the Assam government would celebrate ‘Lachit Divas’ at various state capitals in India from next year. ‘Lachit Divas’ is celebrated to promote the ideals of Lachit Borphukan – the legendary general of Assam’s history. Sarbananda Sonowal took part in the Lachit Divas celebration at the statue of Lachit Borphukan at Brahmaputra riverfront on 24th November 2017.
- Which educational insttutuion from India has ranked 29th among the top 150 universities on Global University Employability Ranking 2017 published by Times Higher Education?
1. MIT Chennai
2. IIM Delhi
3. IIT Kerala
4. IIT Kharagpur
5. IIS ( Indian Institute of Science)Answer – 5. Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has ranked 29th among the top 150 universities on Global University Employability Ranking 2017 published by Times Higher Education.This ranking has been designed by HR consultancy Emerging, is conducted by research institute Trendence and published by Times Higher Education.
- Which country along with Myanmar has signed a memorandum of understanding on the return of Rohingya Muslims who fled the Rakhine state in Myanmar to escape a military crackdown?
5. IndonesiaAnswer – 4. Bangladesh
Bangladesh and Myanmar signed a memorandum of understanding on the return of Rohingya Muslims who fled the Rakhine state in Myanmar to escape a military crackdown. Since August 2017, nearly 600000 Rohingya people fled Myanmar to the neighbouring Bangladesh after army started an operation in response to an attack by Rohingya militants. Myanmar has now accepted to repatriate these Rohingya refugees from Bangladesh and a deal in this regard has been signed by Bangladesh Foreign Minister A.H. Mahmud Ali and Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi in Myanmar’s capital Naypyidaw.
- A joint drill called ‘Vigilant Ace’ will be conducted between which two countries’ Air force?
1. North Korea and the United States
2. South Korea and the United States
3. South Korea and UK
4. India and South Korea
5. India and and the United StatesAnswer – 2. South Korea and the United States
The air forces of South Korea and the United States will hold ‘Vigilant Ace’ a joint drill from 4th – 8th December, 2017. ‘Vigilant Ace’ between air forces of United States and South Korea is held at periodic intervals to simulate wartime defenses. Nearly 12000 U.S. personnel, including U.S. Marine Corps and Navy troops will participate in the upcoming edition of ‘Vigilant Ace’ along with South Korean troops. 230 aircrafts including F-22 stealth fighters will be flown at eight U.S. and South Korean military installations.
- In which country, ‘Ayodhya Mahotsav’ would be held at?
1. North Korea
2. South Korea
5. RussiaAnswer – 2. South Korea
‘Ayodhya Mahotsav’, depicting the cultural heritage of the temple town, would be held in Seoul and Gimhe cities of South Korea in 2018. In return, a ‘Korea Festival’ will be held in Lucknow and Ayodhya. An in-principle decision in this regard was made during the meeting of the Uttar Pradesh government and a delegation from South Korea led by Mayor of Gimhe city, Kim Wonman. People in South Korea believe that 2,000 years ago, an Ayodhya princess had married a Korean king Kim Suro. At present, their descendants are members of the “Crock Clan” and had built a memorial in Ayodhya.
- The Sub-Committee of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is headed by whom?
1. Urjit Patel
2. Ajay Tyagi
3. Sundar Pichai
4. Narendra Modi
5. Raghuram RajanAnswer – 1. Urjit Patel
Sub-Committee of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) reviewed major global and domestic developments which could have a bearing on India’s financial stability. Sub-Committee of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is headed by incumbent RBI Governor, Urjit Patel. Recommendations of the committees on FinTech and digital innovations, Stewardship Code and recommendations of shadow banking implementation group were also discussed at the meeting.
- Name the Financial services firm, which has received certificate of registration from the National Housing Bank (NHB) for carrying out housing finance activities through its subsidiary Home Loans?
1. Angel Broking
3. JM Financial
4. Muthoot Finance
5. India InfolineAnswer – 3. JM Financial
Financial services firm, JM Financial has received certificate of registration from the National Housing Bank (NHB) for carrying out housing finance activities through its subsidiary JM Financial Home Loans. While announcing the results for fiscal 2016- 2017, management of JM Financial had said it would enter the affordable mortgage segment along with a property brokerage. Currently, services offered by JM Financial include investment banking, broking, institutional equity sales, wealth management and asset reconstruction among others.
- What is the rating given to India by the rating agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P)?
3. Moderately Stable
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Stable
Rating agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) kept its sovereign rating for India unchanged at ‘BBB-‘, with outlook for the nation as ‘stable’.
BBB- rating is the lowest investment grade and just one notch above junk status. S&P stated that India’s sizable fiscal deficit, low per capita income and high government debt do not warrant a sovereign rating upgrade as of now. However, it praised the recent reforms undertaken by Indian Government and expects Indian economy to grow strongly during 2018-2020.
- Which private sector bank has launched an instant international payment services using RippleNet (Ripple’s enterprise blockchain technology solution)?
1. ICICI Bank
3. Canara Bank
5. Axis BankAnswer – 5. Axis Bank
Private sector bank, Axis Bank has launched an instant international payment services using RippleNet (Ripple’s enterprise blockchain technology solution). This facility is currently available for Axis Bank’s retail customers in India to receive payments from the UAE-based Rak Bank. Axis Bank’s corporate customers in India can also use this facility to receive payments from Standard Chartered, Singapore.
- Where is the headquarters of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) located?
5. New DelhiAnswer – 5. New Delhi
Quick Facts about National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA):
♦ Formed in – 1997
♦ Headquarters – New Delhi
♦ Responsible for – fixation/revision of prices of pharmaceutical products, enforcement of provisions of DPCO and tracking prices of controlled and decontrolled drugs.
♦ Current Chairman – Bhupendra Singh
- The Central Government has increased the incentive rates for export of readymade garments from 2% to ______%?
5. 7%Answer – 2. 4%
Under Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS), Central Government has doubled incentive rates for export of readymade garments and made-ups to 4 percent from 2 per cent earlier. This decision has been taken to boost shipments of readymade garments and made-ups. Incentives to be paid under this initiative are estimated to be Rs 1143.15 crore for 2017-18 and Rs 685.89 crore for 2018-19. The new incentive rates will be applicable with effect from November 1, 2017 and will continue till June 30, 2018.
- Who received his fourth Golden Shoe award 2017?
1. Tom Brady
2. Lionel Messi
3. Carson Wentz
4. Cristiano Ronaldo
5. Luis SuarezAnswer – 2. Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi received his fourth Golden Shoe award for leading all of Europe’s leagues in scoring last season, in Barcelona. Messi was presented with the trophy by teammate Luis Suarez, who won the award in 2015-16. Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets also attended the ceremony in Barcelona. Messi, Ronaldo, and Suarez have shared the prize for the past nine years. The Golden Shoe is awarded by European Sports Media, an association of European sports newspaper and magazines.
- Who is the newly appointed DGP of Andhra Pradesh?
1. Sambasiva Rao
2. R Sreelekha
3. J V Ramudu
4. Kanchan Chaudry
5. Rohit ReddyAnswer – 1. Sambasiva Rao
The Andhra Pradesh government appointed 1984-batch IPS officer N Sambasiva Rao as Andhra Pradesh DGP (Director General of Police). N Sambasiva Rao has been holding the DGPs post as “full additional charge” since July 23, 2016, while his actual position was DGP (Coordination). Chief Secretary Dinesh Kumar issued a one-line government order transferring and posting Sambasiva Rao as the DGP with immediate effect. The order did not specify whether Rao will hold the post for two years or till December 31.
- Who was sworn in as a Judge of the Madras High Court by Chief Justice Indira Banerjee?
1. Justice Manjulla Chellur
2. Justice Rakesh Tiwari
3. Justice Radhakrishnan
4. Justice Satrughana Pujahari
5. Justice Dilip BabasahebAnswer – 4. Justice Satrughana Pujahari
Justice Satrughana Pujahari was sworn in as a Judge of the Madras High Court by Chief Justice Indira Banerjee. Justice Satrughana Pujahari had been transferred from the High Court of Orissa to the Madras High Court by a notification dated November 14, 2017. Satrughana Pujahari was born on September 24, 1960, at Subalaya, Sonepur, in Odisha. He completed his LLB from Lal Lajpat Ray Law College in Sambalpur in 1986.
- Which country successfully launched remote sensing satellites for conducting electromagnetic probes and other experiments?
5. IndiaAnswer – 2. China
China successfully launched remote sensing satellites for conducting electromagnetic probes and other experiments. These Satellites were launched on a Long March-2C rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwestern Sichuan. However, number of satellites launched has not been specified. Just few days ago, China had launched three remote sensing satellites to improve observation capability to promote commercial use for the remote sensing industry.
- What reptile variety is gecko?
5. CrocodileAnswer – 4. Lizard
A new species of gecko (highly vocal lizard) named ‘Hemidactylus sushilduttai’ was found in the Eastern Ghats in northern Andhra Pradesh. The reptile, Hemidactylus sushilduttai is endemic to the Eastern Ghats in northern Andhra Pradesh. It was identified as a different species after a five-year study. It is named after eminent herpetologist Sushil Kumar Dutta from Odisha, as Hemidactylus sushilduttai. It is also called as Dutta’s Mahendragiri gecko. The species was identified from few areas in northern Mahendragiri range and scattered coastal hills in northern Andhra Pradesh.
- Which Indian Wrestler won the silver medal in the Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship at Poland?
1. Ritu Phogat
2. Kavita Devi
3. Sakshi Malik
4. Babitha Kumari
5. Priyanka PhogatAnswer – 1. Ritu Phogat
India wrestler Ritu Phogat (48kg) clinched the silver medal in the Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship at Poland. Ritu Phogat lost against Turkish Wrestler Demirhan in the gold medal clash and settled for a silver medal. She is 23 years old. She had won the gold medal at the Commonwealth Wrestling Championship in 2016. In quarterfinal, Ritu defeated Bulgarian Wrestler Selishka 4-2 points before defeating Chinese Wrestler Jiang Zhu 4-3 points in the semifinal.
- To which Profession do Mangi Bai Arya belongs to?
5. DirectorAnswer – 1. SingerExplanation :
Rajasthani Maand folk singer Mangi Bai Arya passed away following a heart attack in Udaipur. Mangi Bai Arya was 88 years old. She had learnt singing from her father Kamlaram Arya, an eminent classical singer of his times. She died of heart attack. She had contributed significantly in taking Maand to the national and international levels.
- As a part of the Communal Harmony Campaign Week, When was the Flag Day celebrated on?
1. 24th November 2017
2. 25th November 2017
3. 26th November 2017
4. 27th November 2017
5. 28th November 2017Answer – 1. 24th November 2017
The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) observed the Communal Harmony Campaign and Fund Raising Week. Programmes were organized by different stakeholders including educational institutions, public sector enterprises, Government agencies, NGOs and voluntary organizations, etc. during the Communal Harmony Campaign Week. This is done to promote Communal Harmony and National Integration. As a part of the Communal Harmony Campaign Week, the Flag Day was celebrated on 24th November 2017.
- When is International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed?
1. November 23
2. November 24
3. November 25
4. November 26
5. November 27Answer – 3. November 25
On 25th November 2017, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed all over the world.The theme for International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2017 is ‘Leave no one behind: end violence against women and girls’. The United Nations General Assembly has designated November 25 as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. The objective of the day is to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to rape, domestic violence and other forms of violence etc.
- Which bank launched “Easypay” App?
1. ICICI bank
2. HDFC bank
3. IDBI bank
5. City Union bankAnswer – 1. ICICI bank
The ICICI Bank has launched Easypay – a mobile application to enable merchants, retailers and professionals to accept instant cashless payments on mobile phones from customers. A first-of-its-kind application, ‘Easypay’ offers customers the improved convenience of paying by using their mobile phone through Unified Payment Interface (UPI), any credit/debit card and internet banking, an ICICI Bank release said.