AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 24 & 25 November 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Where was the DRDO Industry Synergy Summit 2019 organised by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) held ?
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Hyderabad, Telangana
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Hyderabad, Telangana
On November 22, 2019, Defence Minister of India, Shri Rajnath Singh has attended the one-day long Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) organised DRDO Industry Synergy Summit 2019 held at Auditorium of Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Vigyanakancha in Hyderabad, Telangana wherein discussions were held with the DRDO industry partners to further proliferate the initiatives taken by DRDO for industries.
- When will the ‘Fit India week’ celebrated ?
1) Second week of December
2) Second week of November
3) Third week of November
4) First week of December
5) None of theseAnswer-4) First week of December
On November 24, 2019 the Prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched the Fit India school grading system in schools across the country. The system ranks schools based on the fitness activities and facilities for such provided to students and teachers in the country. PM also announced the ‘Fit India week’ to be celebrated by the students and teachers in the first week of December.
- The Maximum number of tourists in Indian belongs to which of the following country in the year 2016, 2017 & 2018 as per Ministry of Tourism reports ?
1) Sri Lanka
2) United Kingdom
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Bangladesh
The Ministry of Tourism submitted its report on foreign tourist visits to India in 2018 to the parliament. As per the report, Bangladesh topped the list for having maximum no. of the country’s visitors to India. Bangladesh was followed by United States(US) and United Kingdom(UK) in the second and third place respectively.
- Where was the first Global Bio-India Summit for the year 2019 held ?
1) New Delhi, Delhi
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Kolkata, West Bengal
4) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer-1) New Delhi, Delhi
The first ever Global Bio-India Summit was held in New Delhi from November 21-23,2019. The summit was one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders’ conglomerates. The summit was inaugurated by Minister for Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan in presence of other officials.
- What is the rank of India in the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s study on first ever global trends for adolescent insufficient physical activity ?
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 8
On November 25,2019, researchers from the World Health Organisation(WHO) led by Regina Guthold from the WHO’s Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Ageing Department, has produced a study on first ever global trends for adolescent insufficient physical activity.The study is about the level of physical activity in children. India ranked 8th in the world with the lowest level of insufficient physical activity among adolescents. Bangladesh topped the list among 146 countries.The details of this study is published in the journal “The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health”.
- Name the Indian Journalist, who won the International Press Freedom Awards 2019 by the Committee to Protect Journalist (CPJ) in New York .
1) Sagarika Ghose
2) Rana Ayyub
3) Nidhi Razdan
4) Neha Dixit
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Neha Dixit
Neha Dixit an Indian Journalist from Delhi was one of the award winners of the International Press Freedom Awards 2019 awarded by the Committee to Protect Journalist (CPJ) in New York. CPJ is a non-profit organization aiming to entitle journalists to work without fear of recrimination. Dixit received the award for her reports on sex trafficking scandals in India by Investigative reporter in Miami Herald, Julie k.Brown. Other honorees in International Press Freedom Awards 2019 include Patrícia Campos Mello, Brazil Lucía Pineda Ubau and Miguel Mora, Nicaragua Maxence Melo Mubyazi, Tanzania.
- Who was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kerala Bank ?
1) B. Ashok
3) P.S Rajan
5) None of theseAnswer-3) P.S Rajan
General Manager of Union Bank of India P.S Rajan was appointed as the CEO of Kerala Bank by the Government of India in Thiruvananthapuram. The Cabinet members also appointed the Managing Director of KWA (kerala Water Authority) Mr. Kausigan as the Land Board Secretary with the additional charge of Joint Commissioner, Water Resources Secretary B. Ashok has been given additional charge of MD in KWA (kerala Water Authority) and the Project Director of KSTP (Kerala State Transport Project) Rajamanikyam will hold additional charge of MD in KSIDC (Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation).
- Name the “Warm Jupiter” exoplanet, discovered by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) .
1) TOI-637 b
2) TOI-617 b
3) TOI-697 b
4) TOI-677 b
5) None of theseAnswer-4) TOI-677 b
On November 22, 2019, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s researches have recently discovered a new “Warm Jupiter” exoplanet. It has been named as TOI-677 b. It is an alien world exoplanet transiting the main sequence late F-type star on an eccentric orbit by TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite). It is about 23% bigger and massive than Jupiter.
- Name the app launched by the Central government to calculates AQI (Air Quality Index) published by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) .
5) None of theseAnswer-2) SAMEER
On November 22, 2019, The Central government has launched Sameer application, which calculates AQI (Air Quality Index), published by Central Pollution Control Board(CPCB). AQI is a tool for reporting air quality on a daily basis. It is a measure of how air pollution affects one’s health within a short time period to help people know how the local air quality impacts their health.
- Which University has signed an MoU with All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) to promote & develop guidelines for integrating Ayurveda principles with modern medicine ?
1) Western Sydney University, Australia
2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
3) Harvard University, Massachusetts
4) University of Sydney, Australia
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Western Sydney University, Australia
On November 22, 2019, New Delhi -based All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA),a public Ayurveda medicine and research institution has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Western Sydney University, Australia during the event ‘India Australia International Education and Research Workshop’ held at Ambedkar International Center in New Delhi.
- Dallol Geothermal Field, is completely not suitable for living. It is located in which country ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Ethiopia
On November 23, 2019, A team of researcher from Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) have discovered an aquatic environment on Earth with the complete absence of any forms of life. The purpose of this search is to get advance information about the components that reduce the chances of life. This study, published in the journal ‘Nature Ecology and Evolution’, showed that life is completely impossible in the hot, brackish, hyper-acidic ponds of the Dallol Geothermal Field in Ethiopia. There were no microbes of any kind present in these ponds.
- Which country is set to host first-ever World Athletics Indoor Championships 2022 ?
1) Belgrade, Serbia
2) Budapest, Hungary
3) Zagreb, Croatia
4) Ljubljana, Slovenia
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Belgrade, Serbia
On November 22, 2019, World Athletics Council declared Belgrade, Serbia to host its first-ever World Athletics Indoor Championships 2022 and Yangzhou, China was confirmed as the host city of the World Athletics Half Marathon Championships 2022.Belgrade as host- Belgrade has hosted many track and field events over the years such as 1962 European Championships, 2013 European Cross Country Championships, 2017 European Indoor Championships, and the 2017 Balkan Championships.
- Who has been awarded with Male Athlete of the year 2019 by World Athletics Award 2019 held in Monaco, Europe ?
1) Bernard Lagat
2) Eliud Kipchoge
3) Kenenisa Bekele
4) Kipchoge Keino
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Eliud Kipchoge
Eliud Kipchoge has been awarded Male Athlete of the year 2019 by World Athletics Award 2019 in Monaco, Europe. Kipchoge won a highly competitive London marathon in April for the fourth time and he also became the first man to run a marathon in less than two hours. He has also won the Male athlete of the year 2018.
- Dalihah Muhammad was awarded with the Female Athlete of the year 2019 by World Athletics Award 2019 in Monaco, Europe, she belongs to which country ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer-4) United States
Dalihah Muhammad of America was awarded with the Female Athlete of the year 2019 by World Athletics Award 2019 in Monaco, Europe. World Athletics Awards 2019 Winners other categories:
Name of the Winners Name of the Award Selemon Barega Male Rising Star Yaroslava Mahuchikh Female Rising Star Devartu Tulu Woman of the Year Brother Colm O’ Connell Coaching Achievement Felix Sanchez Arrazola Photograph of the Year Braima Suncar Dabo Fair Play Award Vikki Orvice President’s Award
- Which country won the sixth Davis Cup title 2019 that held in Madrid, Spain ?
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Spain
Spain won sixth Davis Cup title 2019. The Davis cup finals was conducted from November 18-24, 2019. It was held on indoor hard courts at the Caja Mágica in Madrid, Spain.
- Who won the men’s singles title in the Davis Cup 2019 ?
1) Roger Federer
2) Alexander Zverev
3) Daniil Medvedev
4) Rafael Nadal
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Rafael Nadal
On November 24, 2019, Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal (33 years) led Spain to clinch its sixth Davis Cup title 2019 by defeating Denis Shapovalov of Canada in men’s singles. The Davis cup finals was conducted from November 18-24, 2019. It was held on indoor hard courts at the Caja Mágica in Madrid, Spain. In 2019 he extraordinarily won French Open and the United State (US) Open, made the Australian Open final and also reached the Wimbledon semifinals.He previously won Davis Cup in the year 2004, 2009 and 2011.
- Where was the 2019 International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup held ?
1) Putian, China
2) Munich, Germany
3) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4) Acapulco, Mexico
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Putian, China
The 2019 ISSF World Cup was held from November 17-23,2019 in Putian, China. It was the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic shooting events, governed by the International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF).
- Who won a gold medal in the women’s 10m Air Pistol event & created new junior world record with a total score of 244.7 ?
1) Tejaswini Sawant
2) Apurvi Chandela
3) Manu Bhaker
4) Anjali Bhagwat
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Manu Bhaker
India’s Manu Bhaker won a gold medal in the 10m Air Pistol event for women by defeating Zorana Arunović from Serbia. She also created new junior world record with a total score of 244.7.
- Divyansh Singh Panwar is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Shooting
Divyansh Singh Panwar is associated with Shooting.He was in the news recently because he won gold medal in the Men’s 10m Air Rifle event that held in Putian, China.
- Where was the U-15 Asian Wrestling Championships held ?
1) Moscow, Russia
2) Taichun, China
3) Washinton D.C., United States
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer-2) Taichun, China
The U-15 Asian Wrestling Championships was held in Taichun, China from November 22-24, 2019. India topped the medal ranking with 28 medals which included 13 gold, 14 silver and 1 bronze medal. Kazakhstan and japan secured the second and third place respectively.
- Name the 9th Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, who passed away recently .
1) Kailash Chandra Josh
2) Kailash Nath Katju
3) Govind Narayan Singh
4) Dwarka Prasad Mishra
5) None of theseAnswer-1) Kailash Chandra Josh
On 25th November 2019, Kailash Chandra Josh, the former 9th Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh dies at 90 in a Bansal hospital in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Kailash Chandra Josh was the first Non-Congress and the 9th Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh from 24 June 1977 to 17 January 1978, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from 2004 to 2014, Member of Parliament (Raj Sabha) from 2000 to 2004 and MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) Madhya Pradesh from 1962 to 1998. He was also a founding member of the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Which state’s Politician, Kshiti Goswami passed away recently ?
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer-3) West Bengal
On November 24, 2019, Senior Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) leader and former West Bengal minister Kshiti Goswami passed away at the age of 77, due to old-age-related illness in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.He hailed from Kolkata, West Bengal. He served as a State Public Works Department (PWD) Minister for more than two decades since the late eighties till 2011.
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘Finding the Gaps-Transferable Skills to be the best you can be’ ?
1) David Shepherd
2) Marais Erasmus
3) Kumar Dharmasena
4) Simon James Arthur Taufel
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Simon James Arthur Taufel
On 25th November 2019, Simon James Arthur Taufel, retired Australian Cricket Umpire has launched his book ‘Finding the Gaps-Transferable Skills to be the best you can be’ in Pune, Maharashtra published by Pan Macmillan India. He has written this book to share his experience in Umpiring, Coaching, Training and Administration in Cricket.
- What was the theme of the International day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Orange the World: #HearMeToo”
2) Theme – “Orange the World – raise funds to end violence against women”
3) Theme – “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”
4) Theme – “Prevention”
5) None of theseAnswer-3) Theme – “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”
The International day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2019 is observed every year on the 25th of November. The theme of International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2019 is “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subjected to rape, domestic violence and other forms of harassment and how the nature of the fact is being hidden. The day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- ______Raising day of National Cadet Corps (NCC) celebrated on November 24, 2019 .
5) None of theseAnswer-2) 71
On 4th Sunday of November month of every year, NCC (National Cadet Corps) day is celebrated. This year (2019), NCC, the youth wing of Armed Forces has celebrated its 71st Raising Day on November 24, 2019 at the National War Memorial in New Delhi.
The Defence Secretary Dr. Ajay Kumar and DG (Director general) of NCC Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra were attended the celebration to pay tribute to the martyrs who sacrificed in the service of the country.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Lakshya Sen is associated with which sport ? Answer-Badminton
Lakshya Sen is associated with Badminton.He was in the news recently because he won the men’s singles title in the Scottish Open 2019 .
- Mithila jing kieng jri or living root bridges — aerial bridges was in news recently, it is located in which state ? Answer-Meghalaya
The jing kieng jri or living root bridges — aerial bridges built by weaving and manipulating the roots of the Indian rubber tree — have been serving as connectors for generations in Meghalaya. Spanning between 15 and 250 feet and built over centuries, the bridges, primarily a means to cross streams and rivers, have also become world-famous tourist attractions.This was in news recently because new research investigates the jing kieng jri or living root bridges structures and proposes to integrate them in modern architecture around the world, and potentially help make cities more environment-friendly.
- Name the airport that introduced India’s first ‘FASTag Parking’ for its customers . Answer-GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL)
GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) has introduced ‘FASTag Parking’ for its customers in line with the Central governments vision of ‘One Nation One Tag FASTag’ for quicker entry and exit from the airport. Said to be the country’s first, FASTag Car Park was launched in collaboration with NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India), which would help passengers and visitors at the airport have quicker entry and exit from the airport car park zone.
- How many district co-operative banks are merged together to form Kerala bank ? Answer- 13
- Who is the director general of World Health Organisation (WHO) ? Answer-Tedros Adhanom
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs-2019/november/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try November Current Affairs 2019 Quiz[/su_button]