AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 21 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Name the state/states with which the Government of India signed four Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) under Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) Scheme?
2. Andaman & Nicobar Islands
3. Dadra & Nagar Haveli
4. Daman & Diu
5. All the aboveAnswer – 5. All the above
Government of India signed four Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) under Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) Scheme with Nagaland, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman & Diu. It is to be noted that November 20, 2017 was the 2ndAnniversary of Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY). Nagaland, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli& Daman & Diu have joined UDAY scheme only for operational improvement and shall not undergo financial restructuring as per the basic framework of UDAY scheme.
- Which State Cabinet approved ‘Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (KESDM) Policy 2017-22’ to promote electronic design and manufacturing in the state?
5. GujaratAnswer – 2. Karnataka
Karnataka State Cabinet approved ‘Karnataka Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (KESDM) Policy 2017-22’ to promote electronic design and manufacturing in the state. Under this policy, Karnataka State Government will encourage start-ups involved in electronic design and manufacturing by providing them with right ecosystem. Electronics design and manufacturing business includes chip design, embedded software, large scale integration which are critical components in computers, cellphones and other gadgets.
- IMBAX – 2017 is the bilateral military exercise between India and which other country?
5. MyanmarAnswer – 5. Myanmar
First India-Myanmar bilateral military exercise 2017(IMBAX – 2017) begun on November 20, 2017 in Umroi in Meghalaya. IMBAX-2017 will continue till November 25, 2017. This exercise is being held to train Myanmar’s army delegation for participation in United Nations Peacekeeping Operations (UNPKO). IMBAX-2017 is being conducted at the recently created Joint Training Node of the Indian Army at Umroi, which is situated 30km away from Meghalaya capital’s Shillong. 15 officers from Myanmar Army and 16 officers from the Indian Army are taking part in IMBAX-2017.
- What is the movement launched by Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) for quality care for mothers during and immediately after childbirth?
3. Sahaj Bijili
5. Shadi ShagunAnswer – 4. Manyata
Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) launched ‘Manyata’, a nationwide movement emphasising the need for quality care for mothers during and immediately after childbirth. FOGSI has launched ‘Manyata’ in partnership with MSD for Mothers, MacArthur Foundation and Jhpiego (a non-profit health organsiation affiliated of Johns Hopkins University). The movement was flagged off by Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and Maharashtra’s Minister of Rural Development, Women and Child Welfare, Pankaja Munde.
- Which state has announced to set up Gender Budget Cells in its ministry for improving coordination and implementation of various schemes of Women and Child Welfare department (WCD) with other government departments?
5. HaryanaAnswer – 4. Maharashtra
Maharashtra’s Minister for Finance and Planning, Sudhir Mungantiwar has announced to set up Gender Budget Cells in his ministry for improving coordination and implementation of various schemes of Women and Child Welfare department (WCD) with other government departments.The Gender Budge Cell will not only ensure quality and effective implementation of WCD schemes but shall also strive to improve its outcome.
- Who was heading the UP Shia Central Waqf Board (UPShCWB), in Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid case (a Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya and a mosque in Lucknow)?
1. Nandan Nilekani
2. Dalveer Bandari
3. Waseem Rizvi
4. Janet Yusuf Yellen
5. Muhammed HashimAnswer – 3. Waseem Rizvi
the UP Shia Central Waqf Board (UPShCWB), unveiled a proposed solution for an out-of-court settlement of the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid case: a Ram temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya and a mosque in Lucknow. Shia board chairman Waseem Rizvi said they were in favour of a grand Ram temple at the disputed Ayodhya land, reiterating that the board was the rightful and only claimant to the land on which the demolished Babri mosque once existed. The Shia Board said the state government may in turn allot one acre of land for a mosque for Shia Muslims in Lucknow’s Husainabad area.
- Where was the 1st World Conference on Access to Medical Products and International Laws for Trade was inaugurated?
3. New Delhi
5. PatnaAnswer – 3. New Delhi
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda inaugurated the 1st World Conference on Access to Medical Products and International Laws for Trade and Health in the Context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, in New Delhi. The Conference is being organized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare with the support of WHO Country Office for India and in partnership withIndian Society of International Law.
- Which Indian tribal state celebrates Parab-2017?
3. Madhya Pradesh
4. Uttar Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 5. Odisha
Parab-2017, the annual cultural festival of Odisha’s Koraput district, showcasing the tribal art and culture, started. Parab 2017 started from the shrine of goddess Sankulai Devi of B Singhpur under Borigumma block, with a tribal dance. The objective of this festival is to protect and promote the region’s rich cultural heritage.Congress chief whip in Odisha Assembly Tara Prasad Bahinipati and Koraput MP Jhina Hikaka performed the first ritual. This festival will go on till 20 December 2017.
- Where did the thirteenth meeting of the parties for the Kyoto Protocol (CMP13) and the second meeting of the parties for the Paris Agreement (CMA2) held at?
1. Bern, Switzerland
2. Beijing, China
3. Bonn, Germany
4. Tokyo, Japan
5. Amsterdam, NetherlandsAnswer – 3. Bonn, Germany
2017 United Nations Climate Change Conference, which incorporated the twenty-third Conference of the Parties (COP23), the thirteenth meeting of the parties for the Kyoto Protocol (CMP13) and the second meeting of the parties for the Paris Agreement (CMA2) concluded on November 18, 2017 in Bonn, Germany. The conference concluded with ‘Talanoa Dialogue’, a year-long process to assess countries’ progress on climate actions.The conference ended on a mixed note as developing countries including India succeeded in rich nations to discuss their pre-2020 actions under the ‘Talanoa Dialogue’, but could not get any commitment for climate finance.
- India bags which rank out of 63 countries on IMD World Talent Ranking 2017?
5. 51Answer – 5. 51
India has ranked 51st out of 63 countries on IMD World Talent Ranking 2017. This marks an improvement of three spots as compared to previous year’s rank. India’s overall rank is 51st whereas on three broad categories viz. investment and development, appeal and readiness it has ranked 62nd, 43rd and 29th respectively. Arturo Bris, Head of Competitiveness, IMD Switzerland stated that India is not performing well in retaining local talent and attracting foreign labour.
- India along with which country signed a pact for visa free entry of the crew of chartered and scheduled flights between the two countries?
5. GermanyAnswer – 4. Russia
A pact for visa free entry of the crew of chartered and scheduled flights between India and Russia was signed by the two countries. India and Russia have agreed to implement the general declaration for visa free entry of the crew of chartered and scheduled flights between the two countries. The agreement will facilitate visa free entry, stay and exit of crew of aircraft of the designated airlines as well as other aircraft companies operating chartered and special flights in the respective territories on reciprocal basis.
- In which country, the 13th Asia-Europe Foreign Ministers’ Meeting held at?
5. MalaysiaAnswer – 2. Myanmar
Two-day 13th Asia-Europe Foreign Ministers’ Meeting begun on November 20, 2017 in Nay Pyi Taw, the capital of Myanmar. The meeting was inaugurated by Aung San Suu Kyi, the de facto leader of Myanmar.The meeting was held with an objective to boost cooperation between Asia and Europe in political, economic, social and cultural spheres. Representatives from 51 countries including Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the European Union (EU) participated in this meeting.
- Which country launched remote sensing satellites Jilin-1 04, Jilin-1 05 and Jilin-1 06?
5. PakistanAnswer – 3. China
China launched three remote sensing satellites Jilin-1 04, Jilin-1 05 and Jilin-1 06 from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in China’s northern Shanxi Province. The three remote sensing satellites have been designed to improve observation capability to promote commercial use for the remote sensing industry. It was the third launch of the Jilin-1 satellite family, a remote sensing system of more than 60 satellites developed by Chang Guang Satellite Technology Co. Ltd.
- Central Government issued the size of New Fund Offer (NFO) of Bharat 22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) from Rs. 8000 crore to _________?
1. Rs 10500 crore
2. Rs 25500 crore
3. Rs 10000 crore
4. Rs 14500 crore
5. Rs 15000 croreAnswer – 4. Rs 14500 crore
Central Government announced that issue size of New Fund Offer (NFO) of Bharat 22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) has been raised to Rs 14500 crore from Rs. 8000 crore earlier. Bharat 22 ETF was oversubscribed by four times. It received highest subscription for any new fund offer (NFO) in the history of Indian mutual fund industry. The decision to raise the issue size has been taken in order to accommodate this positive response.
- Mswipe has partnered with which company to digitise merchant acquisition which enables a shopkeeper anywhere in India to acquire a card swipe machine?
5. PayTmAnswer – 2. MasterCard
Mswipe, a domestic maker of Point of Sale (PoS) terminals, has partnered MasterCard to digitise merchant acquisition and can now enable a shopkeeper anywhere in India to acquire a card swipe machine. At present, merchants need to sign physical agreements and, in some cases, open new current accounts to become part of a credit card network. This solution to digitally validate and authenticate KYC documents has been developed by Bengaluru-based startup Signzy.
- With which organisation India has signed a $100-million loan and grant agreement for increasing solar power generation capacity in India?
3. World Vision
5. World BankAnswer – 5. World Bank
India and the World Bank signed a $100-million loan and grant agreement for increasing solar power generation capacity in India. Fund procured through this loan for “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” will be deployed for financing solar parks across India.The agreement comprises a $75-million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), a $23-million loan from the Clean Technology Fund (CTF) and $2 million as interest-free grant from CTF.
- Which automotive company opened its new manufacturing plant in the world’s car capital Detroit, which got its first automotive production facility in 25 years?
2. TATA Motors
3. Royal Enfield
4. Ford Motors
5. TVSAnswer – 1. Mahindra
Mahindra opened its new manufacturing plant in the world’s car capital Detroit, which got its first automotive production facility in 25 years. Mahindra has opened its new manufacturing plant with an investment of $230 million. The new plant will create 250 new jobs in the US. In a few weeks, the new facility will produce an off-highway vehicle, designed and engineered by Mahindra Automotive North America (MANA).
- Name the India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) who was re-elected to the last seat of the world court?
5.Pradeep NehwalAnswer – 2. Dalveer Bhandari
India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the last seat of the world court.
India’s Dalveer Bhandari, has been re-elected to the International Court of Justice (ICJ), winning the last seat, for which elections were held, after Britain pulled out its candidate Christopher Greenwood before the 12th round of voting. For 11 rounds, the two were locked in a stalemate with Justice Bhandari getting majority support in the United Nations General Assembly and Justice Greenwood in the UN Security Council.
- Who was appointed as UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV?
1. Kenneth Kole
2. Quarraisha Abdool Karim
3. Victoria Beckam
4. Pia Wurtzbach
5. Abdool KarimAnswer – 2. Quarraisha Abdool Karim
Associate Scientific Director of the Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (Caprisa) Professor Quarraisha Abdool Karim has been appointed UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV.The executive director of UNAIDS, Michel Sidibe, made this announcement in Cape Town during the launch of a new report by the body, Right to health.The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths.
- Who was appointed as the director general of Doordarshan News?
1. Prasar Bharathi
2. Ira Joshi
3. Supriya Sahu
4. Vijayalakshmi Chhabra
5. H K SinhaAnswer – 2. Ira Joshi
Ira Joshi was appointed as the Director General of Doordarshan News following the retirement of Veena Jain. Earlier, Ira Joshi was the Press Information Bureau (PIB) director general. PIB Director General Ghanshyam Goel has been made the new Director General of Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP), replacing Esther Kar, who was put on compulsory wait.
- Who topped Forbes magazine’s 2017 list for the highest-paid women in music?
2. Celine Dion
3. Babra Streisand
5. Taylor SwiftAnswer – 4. Beyonce
Beyonce has jumped from number 5 last year to clinch the top spot (number 1) in Forbes magazine’s 2017 list for the highest-paid women in music. Beyonce’s most praised album “Lemonade,” her sixth No. 1 hit, and her subsequent Formation World Tour accounted for the bulk of the estimated $105 millionshe has earned between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2017.
- After whose name, The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) has decided to name the Gate No. 3 and 4 of the Ferozshah Kotla stadium?
1. Anjum Chopra
2. Mithali Raj
3. Jhulan Goswami
4. Anju Jain
5. Isa GuhaAnswer – 1. Anjum Chopra
The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) has decided to name the Gate No. 3 and 4 of the Ferozshah Kotla stadium after the cricketer-turned-commentator, Anjum Chopra. The DDCA led by retired Justice Vikramajit Sen, has also planned to host its first Annual Conclave on 29 November 2017.
- To which sport Jana Novotna is related to?
5. CricketAnswer – 1. TennisExplanation
Former Wimbledon champion Jana Novotna passed away peacefully after a battle with cancer. Jana Novotna was 49 years old. She is former world number one in doubles and number two in women’s tennis singles. Novotna won 24 singles titles in a 14-year career on the professional circuit with her most famous achievement in 1998 when she finally lifted the Wimbledon crown after twice falling at the final hurdle.
- When is the World Fisheries Day celebrated all over the world?
1. 21 November
2. 23 November
3. 24 November
4. 22 November
5. 29 NovemberAnswer – 1. 21 November
On 21st November 1997, the working fishermen and women representing World Forum of Fish Harvesters & Fish Workers from 18 countries met at New Delhi and established the World Fisheries Forum (WFF). To commemorate this occasion, every year 21st November is celebrated all over the world as World Fisheries Day.World Fisheries Day was celebrated on 21st November 2017 at the National Agricultural Science Centre (NASC) Complex, Pusa Road, New Delhi.
- On what date the World Television Day was observed all over the world?
1. 25 November
2. 24 November
3. 23 November
4. 22 November
5. 21 NovemberAnswer – 5. 21 November
In December 1996, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day commemorating the date on which the first World Television Forum was held in 1996. World Television Day is not so much a celebration, but the philosophy which it represents. Television represents a symbol for communication and globalization in the contemporary world.