AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs May 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs May 25 2019
- Under which act terror outfit, Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh also known as Jammat-ul-Mujahideen India or Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Hindustan was banned recently in India ?
1) Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976
2) Contempt of Courts Act, 1971
3) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), 1967
4) Anti-Corruption Laws (Amendment) Act, 1967
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA)
Recently, Home Ministry in a notification declared Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh, also known as Jammat-ul-Mujahideen India or Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Hindustan as a banned terrorist organisation. The Home Ministry has given the reason for banning the outfit due to its committed acts of terrorism, promoted acts of terrorism and recruitment of youths for terrorist activities in India.The outfit was banned under the first schedule to the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
- Under which article, Union Cabinet has passed a resolution for the dissolution of 16th Lok Sabha for the formation of new Government ?
1) Article 53 (2) of the Indian Constitution
2) Article 43 (2) of the Indian Constitution
3) Article 73 (2) of the Indian Constitution
4) Article 83 (2) of the Indian Constitution
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Article 83 (2) of the Indian Constitution
On May 24, 2019, Union Cabinet passed a resolution for the dissolution of 16th Lok Sabha for the formation of new Government after the Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) won the Lok Sabha elections. The tenure was supposed to end on June 3, 2019.Official data from the Election Commission showed that BJP had secured 303 seats(352 with coalition) out of 542, 22 more than 2014 elections. Indian National Congress led by Rahul Gandhi secured 52 seats.The process of constituting 17th Lok Sabha will begin after the handover of the list of newly elected members to the President Ram Nath Kovind, the head of the Parliament, by the Election Commission.The dissolution of the Lower House is announced as per Article 83 (2) of the Indian Constitution.It is speculated that the swearing-in of the new government will be held on May 30, 2019.
- Where was the 2nd Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum held recently ?
1) Beijing, China
2) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
3) New Delhi, India
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Indian delegation participated in 2nd Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum at Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan. It is a 4 day forum inaugurated by the President of Kyrgyz Republic, S. Jeenbeko held from May 23-26 May, 2019. The Indian delegation was represented by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting which included TVK Reddy, Addl. Director General and Ankur Lahoty, Asst. Director.The main aim is to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.Indian Delegation featured the vital role of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in the development of the mass media landscape within the country.The SCO Member States adopted the Resolution of Media Forum which calls for establishing successful collaborations of Mass Media Organizations of the SCO member Countries.The Delegation invited all the SCO member delegates to the Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India to be held in Goa in November 2019.
- Which Organization, has introduced a new strategy to prevent and control snakebite envenoming ?
1) World Health Organisation (WHO)
2) United Nations(UN)
3) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC)
4) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees(UNHCR)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) World Health Organisation (WHO)
World Health Organisation (WHO) in its report, introduced a new strategy to prevent and control snakebite envenoming, a neglected tropical disease which affects 1.8 to 2.7 million people every year and 81,000 to 1,38,000 people died. The objective of this strategy is to halve the numbers of deaths and cases of disability due to snake envenoming over the next 12 years.This new strategy unveiled by WHO was developed by a 28-member panel of global experts in consultation with WHO regional offices, the scientific and research community, health foundations, advocacy groups and other stakeholders.The impact of snake venom is very serious. It can cause paralysis that stops breathing, bleeding disorders, irreversible kidney failure and tissue damage that can cause permanent disability and limb loss.According to WHO reports, the most affected people with snakebites are living in the world’s tropical and poorest regions, and children are worse affected due to their smaller body size.
- Name the country, which is using CFC-11 or Trichlorofluoromethane, a banned Ozone-Depleting chemical against 1987 Montreal Protocol .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) China
China has been using CFC-11 or Trichlorofluoromethane, a banned Ozone-Depleting chemical. This was published in the journal Nature. It is against the 1987 Montreal Protocol.As per the study released in May 2018, emissions of CFC-11 were on the rise since 2013. It witnessed 25% since 2012.Between 2008 and 2012, eastern China emitted an average of about 6,400 metric tonnes of CFC-11 per annum and it was increased to 13,400 metric tonnes per annum from 2014 to 2017.China is the world’s largest polyurethane foam market. According to UK-based Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA), the Chinese foam manufacturers have been using CFC-11 illegally to save on the higher cost of alternatives such as hydrochloro-fluorocarbons like HCFC-141b and factories in Shandong province were still making and using gas to manufacture foam insulation.
- LCR was in news recently, what is the full form of LCR ?
1) LCR – Liquidity on Commodity Rate
2) LCR – Liquified Commercial Rate
3) LCR – Liquid Cover Rate
4) LCR – Liquidity Coverage Ratio
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR)
The full form of LCR is Liquidity Coverage Ratio
- Name the bank, which released the report titled “Liquidity Risk Management Framework for Non-Banking Financial Companies and Core Investment Companies” recently.
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Reserve Bank of India
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced the “Liquidity Risk Management Framework for Non-Banking Financial Companies and Core Investment Companies” for public comments by June 14, 2019. The eligible entities for this draft framework are all deposit taking NBFCs; non-deposit taking non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) with an asset size of over Rs 100 crore and all core investment companies (CICs) registered with RBI.
- As per RBI’s recent report , Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) is set to be introduced for all deposit-taking NBFCs, and non-deposit taking NBFCs with an asset size of more than ________ crore?
1) Rs.5000 crore
2) Rs.1000 crore
3) Rs.10000 crore
4) Rs.7000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.5000 crore
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced the “Liquidity Risk Management Framework for Non-Banking Financial Companies and Core Investment Companies” for public comments by June 14, 2019. To introduce Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) for all deposit-taking NBFCs, and non-deposit taking NBFCs with an asset size of Rs 5,000 crore and above. Starting from April 2020, NBFCs will have to maintain a minimum of 60% of LCR as high liquid assets which will be increased to 100% by April 2024. LCR is the proportion of high liquid assets set aside to meet short term obligations. ii. NBFC’s should ensure that the difference between inflows and outflows during the first 7 days is not more than 10% of the total outflows. Similarly over the next 8-14 days and 15-30 days, the cash flow mismatch should be only 10-20% of the cumulative outflows.
- Name the product launched by Corporation Bank for GST- registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME).
1) Corp SME Sufia
2) Corp SME Sugam
3) Corp SME Suvidha
4) Corp SME Surmi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Corp SME Suvidha
Corporation Bank has launched a new product named ‘Corp SME Suvidha’ for GST- registered Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). It was launched by PV Bharathi, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Corporation Bank in Mangaluru in the presence of Gopal Murli Bhagat, Executive Director and general managers.The newly designed product is a part of bank’s efforts to provide best products to MSME sector.During the Financial Year 2018-19, the bank had settled altogether 987 claims under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).Under PMJJBY, 776 claims for the last fiscal along with 45 claims of April 2019 were settled. Under PMSBY, 211 claims for the last fiscal along with 10 claims of April 2019 were settled.
- Which organization has released the report titled “Women in Business and Management: The business case for change” which revealed gender diversity good for business and economy?
1) World Intellectual Property Organization
2) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
3) United Nations
4) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
United Nation (UN)’s International Labour Organisation (ILO) in its report titled “Women in Business and Management: The business case for change” revealed that those companies which improve gender diversity especially at the top, perform better and rake in higher profits.The report was based on the findings on a survey of nearly 13,000 companies across 70 countries.During the survey, around 57% of the people acknowledged that growing the number at the top made it easier to attract and retain talent and around same the number of people had acknowledge that it improves creativity, innovation and openness and also enhance the company’s reputation.The ILO’s report also analysed data from 186 countries between 1991 and 2017 which revealed that increasing women’s employment is directly associated with more economic growth at the national level.The data from the report also showed that in last decade women’s employment has grown worldwide but, they still remain 26% less likely to hold a job than men.
- Name the contemporary artist , who became the first Indian to be awarded with Joan Miro Prize.
1) Sheela Gowda
2) Nalini Malani
3) Bharti Kher
4) Shilpa Gupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nalini Malani
Mumbai based contemporary artist Nalini Malani became the first Indian to be awarded with 7th Joan Miro Prize 2019. It was announced by the Barcelona-based Fundacio Joan Miro . It is one of the most prestigious contemporary art awards in the world.It is awarded for those artists who show the same spirit of exploration, innovation, commitment and freedom which characterizes the life and work of Spanish painter and sculptor, Joan Miro.Nalini Malani was awarded for her work that gave a voice to “the silenced and the dispossessed all over the world, most particularly women”. She was awarded with €70,000 (Rs 54.5 lakh) and production cost of an exhibition work to be held in Barcelona, Spain in 2020 will be covered by them.
- Where did Indian Space agency, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has inaugurated its new commercial arm ‘NewSpace India Limited’ (NSIL) ?
1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Guwahati, Assam
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bengaluru, Karnataka
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has inaugurated its new commercial arm ‘NewSpace India Limited’ (NSIL) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The objective of new commercial arm is to scale up industry participation in Indian space programmes. NSIL was inaugurated by Dr. K Kasturirangan, ISRO’s advisor, in the presence of ISRO’s chairman Dr. K Sivan.On March 6, 2019 NSIL was incorporated for the purpose of utilising research and development activities carried out by ISRO in the area of space with an authorised share capital of Rs 100 crore and initial paid up capital of Rs 10 crore.NSIL will be responsible for manufacturing and production of Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) and Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) through technology transfer mechanisms.
- Which country has manufactured IAF`s AN-32 aircraft that formally certified to operate on indigenous bio-jet fuel recently?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Russia
The Russian made AN-32 transport aircraft of Indian Air Force’s (IAF) has got the formal fleet certification to fly on blended aviation fuel containing up to 10% of indigenous bio-jet fuel. The approval certification was given by P Jayapal, Chief Executive, Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) to Air Commodore Sanjiv Ghuratia, Air Officer Commanding at at the aero-engine test facilities at Chandigarh.The certification has been provided after its thorough evaluation against international standards. Also, the use of bio-fuel is major push to Make in India’ mission. Background: From 2018, IAF was undergoing evaluation tests and trials with green aviation fuel or bio-jet fuel, which was first produced by the CSIR-IIP lab at Dehradun in 2013.
- What is the name of the Moon mission 2024 which was unveiled by National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Artemis
On May 23, 2019, NASA unveiled schedule for 2024 Moon mission ‘Artemis’. The Mission is named ‘Artemis’ after the Greek mythological goddess of the Moon and twin sister to Apollo.This Mission has committed to take a female astronaut to the surface of the moon for the first time.There will be 3 Schedules for the launch. Artemis 1 is planned for 2020. Artemis 2 will orbit Earth’s satellite with a crew around 2022 and Artemis 3 will land the astronauts including the first woman in 2024.The three will be launched into space by the Boeing-led Space Launch System (SLS), the biggest rocket of all time, which is currently under development .
- Where did Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully test fired a 500 kg class guided bomb from Sukhoi combat jet (Su-30 MKI Aircraft)?
1) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
2) Chandipur, Odisha
3) Dr Abdul Kalam island, Odisha
4) Pokhran, Rajasthan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pokhran, Rajasthan
On May 24, 2019, The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) successfully test fired a 500 kg class guided bomb from Sukhoi combat jet (Su-30 MKI Aircraft) in Pokhran, Rajasthan. As per the Ministry of Defence, the mission objectives have been met during the test firing of the bomb. It fulfilled the desired range and hit the target with high precision.The mission was accomplished two days after the Indian Air Force successfully test fired the aerial version of the supersonic BrahMos cruise missile from Sukhoi jet at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is a 2.5 tonne air-to-surface missile with range around 300 km and travels at a speed of Mach 2.8.
- Where was the Archery World Cup Stage 3 2019 held recently ?
1) Antalya, Turkey
2) Rabat, Morocco
3) Lima, Peru
4) Tokyo, Japan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Antalya, Turkey
Archery World Cup Stage 3 2019 held in Antalya, Turkey.
- Name the Indian compound team, that won the Archery World Cup Stage 3 2019.
1) Sumangala Sharma, Dhulchand Damor and Limba Ram
2) Mangal Singh Champia, Dola Banerjee and Satyadev Prasad
3) Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini
4) Rahul Banerjee, Tarundeep Rai and Jayanta Talukdar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini
On May 25, 2019, Indian men’s compound team of Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Aman Saini won bronze medal at Archery World Cup Stage 3 held in Antalya, Turkey by defeating Russia.The trio performed against Anton Bulaev, Alexander Dambaev and Pavel Krylov of Russia and registered a win with 235-230. India scored 59, 58, 59, 59 in four rounds.
- Where was the 2nd edition of India Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 held?
1) Pune, Maharashtra
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Chennai, TamilNadu
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Guwahati, Assam
The 2nd edition of India Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 was held in at Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Guwahati, Assam from May 20 to 24, 2019. Total 200 players from 16 countries had participated in the boxing event. The competition had held in total 18 categories, 10 for men and 8 for women. The prize money for gold medallist was USD 2,500 and silver medallist was USD 1,000.
- Shiva Thapa was in news recently, he belongs to which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Boxing
Shiva Thapa belongs to the sport boxing, he was in news recently because he won the gold medal in 2nd edition of India Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 that held in Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Guwahati, Assam.
S.No. Event Gold Silver 1. Men 49-kg Deepak Govind Sahani 2. Men 52-kg Amit Panghal Sachin 3. Men 60-kg Shiva Thapa Manish Kaushik 4. Men 69-kg Ashish Duryodhan Singh Negi 5. Men 81-kg Manish Pawar Brijesh Yadav 6. Men 91-kg Naman Tanwar Sumit Sangwan 7. Men +91-kg Satish Kumar Naveen Kumar 8. Women 51-kg Mary Kom Vanlal Duati 9. Women 54-kg Jamuna Boro Y. Sadhyarani Devi 10. Women 57-kg Neeraj Manisha Maun 11. Women 60-kg Sarita Devi Simranjit Kaur 12. Women 75-kg Bhagyabati Kachari Pooja
- International Missing Children’s Day 2019 was observed annually on ___________?
1) 25th May
2) 24th May
3) 23rd May
4) 22nd May
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 25th May
International Missing Children’s Day 2019 celebrated on May 25 annually. It is celebrated to raise awareness on the issue of child abduction, educate parents on safeguarding measures to protect their children .In 1983, former US President Ronald Reagen declared 25th May as United States’ National Missing Children’s Day. The date was chosen following the disappearance of 6-year-old boy Etan Patz on 25th May 1979 from New York City who was kidnapped and later killed without heart.
- What is the symbol of International Missing Children’s Day ?
1) Winter-flowering heather
2) Bleeding Heart
3) Forget-me-not flower
4) Snake’s Head Fritillary
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Forget-me-not flower
In 2001, May 25 was declared as International Missing Children’s Day (IMCD) due to the efforts of International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children(ICMEC), Missing Children Europe and the European Commission.The forget-me-not flower is the symbol of International Missing Children’s Day.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC) located?Alexandria, Virginia, USA
- Who is the administrator National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)?Jim Bridenstine
- What is the tagline of Corporation Bank ?A Premier Public Sector Bank , Prosperity for all
- Where was the Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium located?Guwahati, Assam
- Who is the Director General of World Health Organisation (WHO) ?Tedros Adhanom
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification