AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs May 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the organization, that has released the report titled ‘Forecasting the future need and gaps in requirements for public health professionals in India upto 2026’ stating that India faces severe shortage of healthcare providers.
1) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
2) World Health Organization(WHO)
3) Association of South East Nations (ASEAN)
4) United Nations Education Scientific & Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) World Health Organization(WHO)
The WHO (World Health Organization) has published a research paper titled ‘Forecasting the future need and gaps in requirements for public health professionals in India upto 2026’ in the ‘WHO South-East Asia Journal of Public Health‘, in which it states that India faces critical shortage of healthcare professionals, especially in Bihar, Jharkhand, U.P. (Uttar Pradesh) & Rajasthan which have the worst hit ratio as compared to Delhi, Kerala, Punjab and Gujarat which are in a relatively better position.Health workforce includes all those people engaged in actions whose primary intent is to enhance and improve the health of the general public affected with any kind of health issue.
- Which department/association has issued new norms for the University Grants Commission- funded scheme for those who pursue research?
1) Department of School Education & Literacy
2) University Grants Commission (UGC)
3) Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
4) Higher Education Department
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Higher Education Department
The Higher Education Department has strictly issued new norms for the University Grants Commission- funded scheme which are meant for the faculties of colleges and universities who pursue research. This order is issued after the detection of numerous violations by the beneficiaries of the scheme.The Government has observed that many teachers leave the programme midway or fail to submit their thesis. Some teachers fail to render the compulsory service after they return from the Faculty Improvement Programme(FIP) deputation. It has led to the huge loss of public money.
- __________ edition of the Venice Biennale has started in Italy recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 58th
After a long gap of 8 years, India has again marked its presence at the 58th Venice Biennale, Italy which will be held from 11th May till 24th November 2019 (6 month’s period). The title of the exhibition is “May You Live In Interesting Times”. It is curated by Ralph Rugoff.
- What is the theme of the Indian Pavillion in the 58th Venice Biennale that has started in Italy?
1) Theme – “150 years of Mahatma Gandhi”
2) Theme – “The Queen of the Adriatic”
3) Theme – “Everyone Agrees: It’s About To Explode”
4) Theme – “Our Time for Future Caring”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “150 years of Mahatma Gandhi”
Venice Biennale was organized by the Venice Biennale foundation, chaired by Paolo Baratta and focuses on contemporary art, contemporary dance, architecture, cinema, and theatre. India’s debut at the biennale happened in 2011 with ‘Everyone Agrees: It’s About To Explode‘, curated by Ranjit Hoskote. This was nearly 116 years after the event first started. The theme for Indian Pavillion is “150 years of Mahatma Gandhi” while India’s exhibition title is “Our Time for Future Caring” curated by Roobina Karode. It has been laid down by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
- Where was the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14) held?
1) Beijing, China
2) Vienna, Austria
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Paris, France
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Geneva, Switzerland
In Geneva International Conference Centre (CICG) Geneva, Switzerland, the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14), the 9th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Rotterdam Convention (RC COP-9) and the 9th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Stockholm Convention (SC COP-9) held from April 29 to May 10, 2019.
- What was the theme of the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14) that held in Geneva, Switzerland?
1) Theme – “Prevention, minimization and sound management of chemicals”
2) Theme – “A future detoxified: sound management of chemicals and waste”
3) Theme – “Prevention, minimization and recovery of wastes”
4) Theme – “Clean Planet, Healthy People: Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Clean Planet, Healthy People: Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste”
In Geneva International Conference Centre (CICG) Geneva, Switzerland, the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14) held. The theme of the meeting was “Clean Planet, Healthy People: Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste”.
- Which country has refused to take part in the pledge to restrict the global plastic waste?
1) United States
4) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) United States
In the 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention (BC COP-14), 187 countries pledge to restrict the global plastic waste but United States has refused to take part in this pledge.
- Which city has been selected as the center to develop WhatsApp’s mobile payment service, WhatsApp Pay?
1) New York
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) London
CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has confirmed that it has selected London to be the center to launch WhatsApp Pay. The reason to choose London than US City is because WhatsApp is widely used in UK and London is considered as a Hub for Fintech.WhatsApp has 1.5 billion users globally, out of which, more than 200 million users are in India.In the process of launching this new feature, WhatsApp will hire nearly 100 new software engineers in London and additional staff would be hired in Dublin.
- Who won the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership?
1) Kiran Bedi
2) Archana Ramasundaram
3) Meera Borwankar
4) Chhaya Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Chhaya Sharma
On 10th May 2019, IPS officer Chhaya Sharma, who headed the investigation team of the infamous Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case, has been conferred with the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership.She has guided teams in the detection and investigation of sensitive criminal cases and protection of human rights.In 2017, Chhaya has performed a crucial role in drafting Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines to Combat Trafficking of Persons in India.The award is granted to those who manifest courage on behalf of human rights, humanitarian compassion, justice, freedom, and human dignity.
- Name the Indian actress, who has been appointed among 17 new UN advocate to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1) Deepika Padukone
2) Priyanka Chopra
3) Dia Mirza
4) Anushka Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dia Mirza
The United Nations Secretary–General Antonio Guterres has appointed 17 new advocates to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These include the Indian actress Dia Mirza and the Chief of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma. The newly appointed UN advocates are the 17 influential global figures. It is the responsibility of these advocates to raise awareness, inspire greater ambition and strive hard for the faster action on the SDGs, which were adopted by the world leaders on September 25, 2015.The other newly appointed SDG Advocates are Queen Mathilde of the Belgians, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Founder, Education Above All Foundation (State of Qatar), British screenwriter, producer and film director Richard Curtis, Nobel Laureate Nadia Murad, Director of Center for Sustainable Development, Columbia University Jeffrey Sachs, Brazilian footballer and UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative, Forest Whitaker.
- What is the name of the world’s first exclusive women’s cricket magazine that was launched in Jaipur, Rajasthan recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) CRICZONE
Recently, the world’s first exclusive women’s cricket magazine “CRICZONE” released with Indian women’s cricket team vice-captain Smriti Mandhana featured as the cover story. The publisher of the magazine is Yash Lahoti. The magazine “CRICZONE” was launched in Jaipur, Rajasthan during an event which was conducted on the sidelines of the inaugural women’s T20 challenge. It was attended by international cricketers like Mithali Raj, Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur and overseas players like Danielle Wyatt and Sophie Davine.The objective of this magazine is to empower young aspiring women cricketers to take the sport as a profession and able to make sustainable living.
- Where was the Desert Storm Rally 2019 held?
2) New Delhi
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajasthan
The 17th edition of India’s most prestigious international motorsport event, Desert Storm Rally 2019 held in Rajasthan from May 7 to 11, 2019. The event saw the participation of 130 candidates with 34 teams in 3 categories namely Xtreme, Moto and Ndure.The category Moto was won by Adrien Metge from TVS Racing. He was followed by Hero Motorsports CS Santosh and TVS Racing’s Abdul Wahid Tanveer.The Xtreme category title clinched by Aabhishek Mishra (co-driver Srikanth Gowda) while Ndure Category won by Ankur Chauhan (co-driver Prakash M).
- Name the deceased urbane British actor, who portrayed as the president of France in “The American President”.
1) Clement von Franckenstein
2) River Phoenix
3) Brittany Murphy
4) Brad Renfro
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Clement von Franckenstein
On 9th April 2019, Urbane British actor, Clement von Franckenstein died in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles due to hypoxia at the age of 74. He has portrayed the president of France opposite Michael Douglas and Annette Bening in The American President. Von Franckenstein was born on May 28, 1944, Sunninghill, United Kingdom. He had acted in Lionheart (1990),Death Becomes Her (1992),The Evening Star (1996),Hail, Caesar! (2016).He had appeared in Take Me Home Tonight (2011), The Five-Year Engagement (2012) and Angels on Tap (2018).
- Padma Shri awardee Hiralal Yadav passed away recently, he belonged to which field?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Singing
On May 12, Bhojpuri singer, Padma Shri awardee Hiralal Yadav passed away in a private hospital in Varanasi, Uttar pradesh after a prolonged illness. He was 93. He was a renowned Bhojpuri folk singer from ‘Birha’ genre, which revolves around the separation of a lover from his beloved. He received the Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian award of our nation, in January 2019.For his contribution in the field of music, he was awarded the Yash Bharti Award from the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2015.
- What was the theme of the International Nurses Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Nurses: A Force for Change: Improving health systems”
2) Theme – “Nurses: A Voice to Lead – Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals”
3) Theme – “Nurses – A Voice to Lead –Health for All”
4) Theme – “A voice to lead: Health is a human right”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Nurses – A Voice to Lead –Health for All”
On 12th May 2019, The International Nurses Day was celebrated globally to commemorate the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale also known as ‘The Lady with the Lamp’, was famous as manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War. The theme for the International Nurses Day 2019 is –‘Nurses – A Voice to Lead –Health for All’. In 1860, Nightingale laid the foundation of professional nursing with the establishment of “Nightingale School of Nursing” at St Thomas’ Hospital in London. It was the first secular nursing school in the world and is now part of King’s College London.The Florence Nightingale Medal is the highest international distinction a nurse can achieve.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?Uttar Pradesh
- Where is the headquarter of WhatsApp located?United States
- Who is the CEO of Facebook?Mark Zuckerberg
- Who is the Secretary–General of United Nations?Antonio Guterres
- Who is the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?Yogi Adityanath