AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs May 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which state police has deployed the first Anti-Naxal Women’s Commando unit named ‘Danteshwari Ladake’ or ‘Fighters of Goddess Danteshwari’?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chhattisgarh
The Chhattisgarh police have deployed first ever Anti-Naxal women’s commando unit named ‘Danteshwari Ladake’ or ‘Fighters of Goddess Danteshwari’. These women commandos have inducted in the District Reserve Guard (DRG) which is Chhattisgarh’s frontline anti-naxal force.This specially raised squad was part of the security forces “short action teams” that eliminated three Naxal commanders in the past one month, has now inducted in the state’s Naxal-hit Dantewada district.The unit comprised of 30 women commandos led by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Dineshwari Nand. Out of these 30 women commandos, 10 are surrendered women Naxals and 10 are assistant constables, part of anti-naxal movement Salwa Judum.
- Name the national agency that organized a meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) recently.
1) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
2) Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA)
3) Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)
4) Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) had organised a meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) from 8th May to 10th May, 2019. India hosted this meeting as the Vice Head of the Asia Pacific region, duties it assumed on 1st July, 2018 for a 2-year period.
- Where was the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) meeting held?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kochi
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) had organised a meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) from 8th May to 10th May, 2019 in Kochi. India hosted this meeting as the Vice Head of the Asia Pacific region, duties it assumed on 1st July, 2018 for a 2-year period. In the meeting, was discussed India’s progress in carrying forward the programmes, initiatives of WCO to improve and provide security in the cross-border trade, the capacity building and technical assistance needed to achieve this goal, work programs of the Vice-Chair and facilitation of bilateral meetings to be held between the Member States.
- Who headed the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) meeting, that held in Kochi?
1) Raj Kumar Barthwal
2) John Joseph
3) Pranab Kumar Das
4) Susanta Kumar Panda
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pranab Kumar Das
Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) meeting was headed by Mr. Pranab Kumar Das, Chairman, CBIC. The participants of the meeting included customs delegates from more than 20 countries of the Asia Pacific region and the senior dignitaries of the WCO and its regional bodies, namely, Regional Office for Capacity Building (ROCB) and Regional Intelligence Liaoning Office (RILO). iii. Mr. Pranab Kumar Das, Chairman focussed on the strategic principles guiding India. The principles are as follows: Greater communication and connectivity within the region Making use of the technological advancements Developing an inclusive approach Agreement on major issues
- Name the Indian airport, which has ranked 8th among the top 10 Best Airport’s in the World, as per the survey by Air Help.
1) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
2) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
3) Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
In a survey conducted by Air Help, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport of Hyderabad has been ranked as the world’s 8th Best Airport. The airports were rated on the basis of time performance, service quality and food & shopping options. AirHelp is an organization which is specialized in air traveler rights and seeks compensation in cases of delays or cancellations of flights.
- Hamad International Airport topped in the best airport in the world survey conducted by Air Help.It is located in which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Qatar
10 Best Airports of 2019:
• Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
• Tokyo International Airport, Japan (HND)
• Athens International Airport, Greece(ATH)
• Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil (CWB)
• Gdansk Lech Wasa Airport, Poland (GDN)
• Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia (SVO)
• Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
• Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
• Tenerife North Airport, Spain (TFN)
• Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil (VCP)
- Name the exercise, in which Indian Naval Ships, INS Kolkata & INS Shakti participated along with the ships of Japan, Philippines and US, that held in South China Sea.
4) Group Sail
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Group Sail
Guided Missile Destroyer, INS Kolkata and Fleet Support Ship, INS Shakti participated in ‘Group Sail’ exercise with Helicopter Carrier JMSDF Izumo & Guided Missile Destroyer JMSDF Murasame of Japan; Frigate BRP Andres Bonifacio of Philippines and Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer USS Williams P Lawrence of the USA in the disputed South China Sea. This was 6-day long group sail exercise from May 3 to May 9 and objective was to deepen the existing partnership and foster mutual understanding among navies of friendly countries.
- In which city did 15th Finance Commission of India (FCXV) held 2-day meetings with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and with the Banks and Financial Institutions recently?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mumbai
The 15th Finance Commission of India (FCXV) had a 2-day visit to the financial capital of India, Mumbai (at the headquarters of the RBI), on 8th and 9th May, 2019 to conduct meetings with the Reserve Bank of India (which is headed by its Governor Shri Shaktikanta Das), the Banks and the Financial Institutions. The Commission was comprised of all the Commission Members and senior officials.
- 15th Finance Commission of India (FCXV) was in news recently, who is the chairman of the commission?
1) Shaktikanta Das
2) N.K. Singh
3) Anoop Singh
4) Ajay Narayan Jha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) N.K. Singh
The 15th Finance Commission of India (FCXV) chaired by Shri N.K. Singh.The meeting was attended by several banks, namely, State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda (BOB), Bank of India (BOI), Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India (CBI), Union Bank of India (UBI), Axis Bank Ltd. HDFC Bank Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Yes Bank Ltd, IDFC First Bank Ltd., IDBI Bank Limited.
- By what percent does the bank credit grows for the financial year 2018-19, as per the Reserve Bank of India(RBI)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 13.24%
According to Reserve Bank of India data, the bank credit grew by 13.24 percent in financial year 2019 (FY19) to Rs 97.67 lakh crore as compared to 10.3 percent in FY18 and the deposits up by 10.03 percent in FY19 to Rs 125.72 lakh crore as compare to 6.7 percent in FY18. Additional Information According to the data available till February 2019, the credit growth in service sector was 23.7 percent and in retail sector it was 16.7 percent. Overall credit growth in the industry sector was 5.6%.
- Which Indian IT firm has surpassed Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and becomes India’s most valued firm?
4) Tata Consultancy Services(TCS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tata Consultancy Services(TCS)
On May 9th, Indian IT firm, Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) surpassed the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), led by Mukesh Ambani, in terms of Market capitalisation and became the India’s most valued firm by market capitalisation. As per BSE data, the market-cap of TCS stood at Rs. 8.13 trillion whereas the market-cap of RIL was Rs.7.95 trillion.
- Where is India’s first ever ice café located, which was created by Border Road Organisation(BRO) officials recently ?
1) Gaya, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
2) Vijay Pur, Samba, Jammu and Kashmir
3) Nowshera,Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir
4) Zangla ,Kargil, Jammu and Kashmir
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gaya, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir
Border Road Organisation (BRO) officials have created India’s first ever ice cafe in the mountain village of Gaya in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, at 14,000 feet height above sea level, on the famous ManaliLeh Highway. The ice sculpture, resembles a Buddhist meditation place, was created by natural process. The design of the ice cafe has been inspired by the works of famous Indian engineer and innovator and education reformist, SonamWangchuk.
- Who was appointed as the President of the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA)?
1) Joseph Deiss
2) Tijjani Mohammad Bande
3) John William Ashe
4) Abdelaziz Bouteflika
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tijjani Mohammad Bande
Nigerian Professor, Tijjani Mohammad Bande, has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA). He is the second Nigerian to be appointed to this post, prior being Mr. Joseph Nanven Garba(1989-1990). Prof. Tijjani Bande will succeed María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés. Prof. Tijjani Bande was born at Zagga (Present-Kebbi State) and he was the permanent representative of Nigeria to the UN.He is a graduate in Political Science from Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria and holds MA (Political Science) from Boston University, USA as well as Ph.D (Political Science) from the University of Toronto, Canada.
- Which private sector bank has appointed Balachandra Y V as its Chief Operation Officer (COO)?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Karnataka Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Karnataka Bank
Mangaluru based Karnataka Bank Limited appointed Balachandra Y V as Chief Operation Officer (COO) and Gokuldas Pai as Chief Business Officer (CBO). Earlier, both are General Managers of Karnataka Bank who were promoted as COO and CBO of the bank. The previous COO of Karnataka Bank was Raghavendra Bhat M.A new COO, Balachandra has a postgraduate degree in Commerce and also a member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and a Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (CAIIB) and will be in charge of some of the important department like Treasury and Accounts, Credit Monitoring, Legal and Recovery, Information Technology (IT) and Management Information System (MIS), Human Resource (HR) and Investor Relations (IR).
- Name the microprocessor, which is indigenously designed, developed and manufactured by the team of researchers from IIT-Bombay.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) AJIT
A group of researchers and professor Manav Desai from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay have developed a microprocessor named ‘AJIT’ which was indigenously conceptualised, designed, developed and manufactured. The chip of the microprocessor was developed at Semi-Conductor Laboratory in Chandigarh. This was the first time that academia, industry and government worked together for the development of new technology. The project was funded by IIT Bombay, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Mumbai based Powai Labs. The team developed a toolset called AHIR-V2, which can convert an algorithm to hardware to design the microprocessor circuit.
- Which entity has launched the world’s first highest resolution image sensor of 64 megapixels?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Samsung
Recently, South Korea based Samsung company has launched the world’s first highest resolution image sensor of 64 megapixels. This image sensor will be used in upcoming smartphones of Samsung and the objective is to meet the growing demand for smartphones with better image quality. Samsung has launched two new image sensors with 0.8 micrometer pixel: The 64-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GW1 The 48-megapixel ISOCELL Bright GW2.
- Which country has spotted, first brown bear in over a century?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Portugal
On 9th April 2019, Wildlife Experts from Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests (ICNF) have confirmed that the reappearance of brown bear in Portugal after one bear was spotted in the Montesinho Natural Park and Braganca commune in northeastern Portugal in more than a century. It is usually known to live in the western Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain.Brown bears have been extinct in Portugal since the 19th century, and the last reports are between the 18th and the end of the 19th century.
- Name the new species of reddish brown coloured pit viper, with unique heat sensing system that found in Arunachal Pradesh recently.
1) Protobothrops arunachalensis
2) Trimeresurus arunachalensis
3) Borneensis arunachalensis
4) Tibetanus arunachalensis
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Trimeresurus arunachalensis
A new species of pit viper named Trimeresurus arunachalensis was found in West Kameng district of Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh by a team of herpetologists from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research based in Pune, led by Ashok Captain. The newly found species has reddish brown colour and a unique heat sensing system. The discovery was published in Russian Journal of Herpetology.Before this discovery, India has been a home of four brown pit vipers – Malabar, Horseshoe, Hump-nosed and Himalayan.
- Which tiger species, has become endangered due to climate change and the unprecedented rise in sea levels and may loss vital habitat in 2070?
1) South China tiger
2) Caspian tiger
3) Siberian Tiger
4) Bengal Tiger
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bengal Tiger
A team of researchers from Bangladesh and Australia have claimed that the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger, which dominates the marshy mangrove ecosystem in the Sunderbans forest reserves, is under threat due to climate change and the unprecedented rise in sea levels.It was published in the journal named Science of the Total Environment. According to the researchers, there may be no tiger habitats left in the Bangladesh Sundarbans by 2070.In 2010, World Wildlife Fund for Nature had reported that even a 11-inch rise in water levels can wipe out the tiger population in the region by 96%.
- Name the deceased tamil novelist, who won Sahitya Akademi Award in 1997 for the novel “Saaivu Naarkkali” (The Reclining Chair).
1) Thoppil Mohamed Meeran
2) Rajam Krishnan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Thoppil Mohamed Meeran
On May 10, noted Tamil novelist and Sahitya Akademi Awardee Thoppil Mohamed Meeran passed away at Pettai in Tirunelveli district. He was 74. He authored several Tamil and Malayalam novels. His novel “Saaivu Naarkkali” (The Reclining Chair) won the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1997. His other novels are “Oru Kadalora Graamaththin Kathai”, “Thuraimugam”, “Koonan Thoppu” and “Anju Vannam Theru.” He has also written short stories like “Anbukku Muthumai Illai”, “Thangarasu”, “Ananthasayanam Colony”, “Oru Kutti Theevin Varippadam”, “Thoppil Mohamed Meeran Kathaigal” and “Oru Maamaramum Konjam Paravaigalum.” He received eight awards in total which included the Sahitya Akademi Award and Tamil Nadu Kalai Ilakkiya Perumantram Award in 1992.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Indravati National Park is located in which state?Chhattisgarh
- Who is the governor of Jammu and Kashmir?Satya Pal Malik
- Where is the headquarter of United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) located?New York, US
- What is the tagline of Karnataka Bank?Your Family Bank, Across India
- Montesinho Natural Park is located in which countryPortugal
Brown Bear was spotted in the Montesinho Natural Park and Braganca commune in northeastern Portugal in more than a century.