AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 6 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the scheme launched by Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister, Prakash Javadekar,to fund science projects?
1) Scheme for Development of Project in Science(SDPS)
2) Scheme for Research and Implementation in Science (SRIS)
3) Scheme for Funding Research Projects in Science(SFRPS)
4) Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science (STARS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science (STARS)
Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister, Prakash Javadekar, on the occasion of National Science Day, that is 28th February 2019, launched the Scheme for Translational and Advanced Research in Science (STARS) aimed at funding science projects.Funds worth Rs 250 crore have been approved by the HRD ministry which will be utilised to sponsor about 500 science projects, selected on the basis of competitions.The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is the coordinator of the project, to whom the interested candidates would submit their applications.HRD Ministry in collaboration with the National Skill Ministry and Labour and employment Ministry collaboratively launched SHREYAS – Scheme for Higher Education Youth for Apprenticeship and Skills to empower non-technical courses.
- Where did Minister of State for Culture (Independent charge) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the ‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ museum?
2) New Delhi
3) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 4th March 2019, ‘Azaadi Ke Diwane’ museum was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Culture (Independent charge) and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Mahesh Sharma at the Red Fort Complex in Delhi. The museum has been dedicated to the freedom fighters of our country. It has been constructed by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and is the fifth museum to be dedicated to freedom fighters.The other 4 are: Subhash Chandra Bose and INA museum Yaad-e-Jallian museum Museum on 1857- dedicated to the country’s first war of Independence. Drishyakala -dedicated to Indian Art.The museum incorporates the latest technology such as sensors in a state-of-art environment.
- According to the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS),how much percent of Indian rural households have access to toilets?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 96.5%
An Independent Verification Agency under the World Bank support project to the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G)conducted the National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey (NARSS) between November 2018 and February 2019, covering 92040 households in 6136 villages across the country and found that 96.5% of the rural Indian households have access to toilets and they use it.It also re-confirmed the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of 90.7% of villages which were previously declared and verified as ODF by various districts and states.95.4% of the villages surveyed found to have minimal litter and minimal stagnant water.Since the launch of Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM) programme, over 9 crore toilets have been built across rural India and over 5.5 lakh villages and 615 districts have been declared ODF, along with 30 ODF States and Union Territories.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh,inaugurated the Border Electronically Dominated QRT Interception Technique on India-Bangladesh border in which of the following City?
2) Kolkata,West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dhubri,Assam
BOLD-QIT which is Border Electronically Dominated QRT Interception Technique was inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 61km India-Bangladesh border in Dhubri, Assam. It was adopted to deal with the problem of border safeguarding in the areas where border fences can’t be constructed due to Brahmaputra river.The project was brought to life by Information and Technology Wing of BSF(Border Security Force) under Comprehensive Integrated Border Management system(CIBMS).Previous fencing projects include two smart-fencing pilot projects of 5Km each along the India-Pakistan border in Jammu.It is based on a security model similar to that of Israel.
- The foundation stone for the ‘National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation’ (NIMHR) centre was laid in which of the following City?
1) Guntur,Andhra Pradesh
2) Amaravati,Andhra Pradesh
3) Kufri,Himachal Pradesh
4) Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
The foundation stone for the ‘National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation’ (NIMHR), the first-of-its-kind institute in India, was laid down by Shakuntala D. Gamlin, Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment at Sherpur Village along Bhopal-Sehore highway, District Sehore, Madhya Pradesh.The Central Government approved an outlay of Rs 180 crore for the project for an initial period of three years. The land for this institute measuring about 25 acres was allocated free of cost by the Government of Madhya Pradesh in October 2018.The construction work of the building will be undertaken by Central Public Works Department (CPWD), Bhopal and is expected to be completed within a period of two years.
- According to 2018 World Air Quality Report,which city became the most polluted city and topped the Report?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gurugram,India
On 5th March 2019, Gurugram in the National Capital Region (NCR) emerged as the most polluted region in the world in 2018 as per 2018 World Air Quality Report. As per the report, Delhi is the most polluted capital in the world. In the list of polluted cities, Delhi ranked 11th.Out of the top 10 polluted cities in 2018, seven were India, which are Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Bhiwandi, Noida, Patna and Lucknow.The report was based on a new study by Swiss based company IQ Air AirVisual and non profit organization Greenpeace on information from over 3000 cities.Bangladesh became the most polluted country closely followed by Pakistan and India while Iceland, Finland, Australia, Estonia and Sweden were among the least polluted countries.
- Name the aerial combat training exercise conducted by the US Air Force in US?
1) Yudh Abhyas 2019
2) Ekuverin 2019
3) Red Flag 2019
4) Shatrujeet 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Red Flag 2019
Red Flag 2019, the 12-day long advanced aerial combat training exercise held several times a year by the US Air Force, has been initiated at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, United States.The exercise is scheduled from 3rd to 16th March 2019 and air forces from United States, the United Arab Emirates, Belgium, the Netherlands, Singapore and Saudi Arabia are participating in it.
- Government of India had signed the loan agreement worth $25.2 Million with which of the following bank to provide support to Chhattisgarh Public Financial Management and Accountability Program?
1) World Bank
2) Asian Development Bank
3) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
4) Reserve Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) World Bank
A loan agreement worth $25.2 Million was signed between the central government, Chhattisgarh state government and the World Bank. The agreement was signed in New Delhi by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India; Ms Kamal Preet Dhillon, Secretary, Finance, on behalf of the Government of Chhattisgarh; and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank. It aims to provide support to reforms such as expenditure planning, investment management, budget execution, public procurement and accountability which are undertaken by the state for expenditure management.
- Government of India had signed the loan agreement worth $96 Million with World Bank,for Financing Disaster Recovery Project for which of the following State?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Uttarakhand
A loan agreement worth $96 Million was signed between the World Bank, Government of India and Government of Uttarakhand.It was signed by Mr. Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India; Mr. Amit Negi, Secretary, Finance and Disaster Management, Government of Uttarakhand and Program Director, Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery Project on behalf of the Govt. of Uttarakhand; and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank.
- Name the Bank that was approved by government to handle import and export transactions with Iran recently?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) IDBI Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IDBI Bank
The government has given a nod to the IDBI Bank to handle import and export transactions with Iran. This has been done to boost the trade between India and Iran amidst US sanctions on Iran.Earlier, UCO Bank used to handle the payments during the previous sanctions.The channel of payment to Iran through Euros using European banking channels was blocked from November 2018.Iran is the third largest supplier of oil to India, after Iraq and Saudi Arabia.Bilateral trade between India and Iran increased to USD 13.8 billion in 2017-18 from USD 12.9 billion in the previous fiscal. However, India’s exports to Iran were only worth USD 2.5 billion.
- Which of the following life insurance company partnered with India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) to offer home loan?
1) Axis housing company Pvt. Ltd
2) ICICI Home Finance Company Ltd
3) Life Insurance Corporation Housing Finance Ltd (LICHFL)
4) Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Life Insurance Corporation Housing Finance Ltd (LICHFL)
Life Insurance Corporation Housing Finance Ltd (LICHFL) partnered with India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) to offer home buyers enhanced loan eligibility and easy loans and it will now be in a position to offer extended loan tenure for borrowers till the age of 75 years, increasing the loan quantum and reducing the burden of monthly EMIs for borrowers. LICHFL will now be able to accommodate more home loan borrowers, increase market penetration, besides combating non-performing assets (NPAs).IMGC will provide LICHFL mortgage guarantee, which is a financial product that compensates financial institutions for losses that may arise from a default on a mortgage loan.
- Which State/Territory created guinness World Record for performing the Virabathrasan or the Warrior II Pose for 3 minutes?
1) Hong Kong
3) New York
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hong Kong
A Guinness World Record in Yoga was set by more than a thousand people who performed the Virabathrasan or the Warrior II Pose for 3 minutes, in Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park, Hong Kong. This initiative to promote yoga was taken by Overseas President of BJP for Hong Kong and China Sohan Goenka.The previous record was of 387 people.
- Name the organization that was awarded with the ‘Green Era Award for Sustainability’ at Lisbon, Portugal?
3) TVS Motor
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) TVS Motor
On 4th March 2019, TVS Motor was awarded the ‘Green Era Award for Sustainability’ at Lisbon, Portugal. The company also won the ‘Quality and Business Excellence Award’ for its unmatched product quality. The research for the awards was conducted by Otherways Management and Consulting, France.The award-event was held at Lisbon, Portugal and saw participation by 34 companies spanning across 25 countries.TVS Motor is the flagship company of 8.5 billion-dollar TVS Group.
- Who was appointed as the chairman of Coordination Committee for 2022 Asian Games?
1) Kumar Birla
2) Randhir Singh
3) Shantanu Narayen
4) Pierre Nanterme
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Randhir Singh
On 4th March 2019, Indian Sports Administrator Randhir Singh appointed as the Chairman of Coordination Committee of 2022 Asian Games which will be hosted in Hangzhou, China. He has been appointed to the post by the General Assembly of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA). Randhir served as Secretary General of OCA for 24 years from 1991 to 2015. Randhir Singh is currently an Honorary Life Vice President Of the OCA and he is a five time Olympian Shooter.Randhir served as Secretary General of the Indian Olympic Association from 1987 to 2012 and was a full time member of the International Olympic Committee from 2001 to 2014 before becoming its honorary member.Asian Games 2022 is set to be held at Hangzhou, China with a return of cricket. OCA added cricket to the list of sports programme which was last played at the Olympics in 1900 Paris Games.
- Kaja Kallas appointed as the first female prime minister of which of the following country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Estonia
Kaja Kallas, the leader of the Reform Party has been appointed as the first female Prime Minister of Estonia, after the liberal Reform Party declared victory in the elections against centre-left Prime Minister Juri Ratas’s party. She will sworn in as the 18th Prime Minister of Estonia .She will succeed Juri Ratas.The Reform Party secured 28.8% votes against Centre party votes of 23%. The coalition government will be formed between Reform Party and far-right EKRE.
- Who was appointed as Secretary-General of the Medical Council of India?
1) Braj Raj Sharma
2) Ruolkhumlein Buhril
3) Rajni Sekhri Sibal
4) Rakesh Kumar Vats
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rakesh Kumar Vats
Rakesh Kumar Vats, currently Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, has been appointed as the new Secretary-General of the Medical Council of India, as part of a top-level bureaucratic reshuffle by the Central Government.Dharmendra S Gangwar, currently Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in Culture Ministry, will assume his post of in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Venkata Ramesh Babu appointed as the Director General of which of the following organization/departments?
1) Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
2) Department of Border Management
3) National Archives of India
4) Department of Land Resources
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Archives of India
P Venkata Ramesh Babu has been appointed as the Director General of the National Archives of India by the Central government. i. He is an IAS officer from the 1985 batch and is currently the Chairman and Managing Director of Rural Electrification Corporation Limited. Previously, he was the Principal Secretary, Department of Finance in Andhra Pradesh government.The National Archives of India comes under the Ministry of Culture.
- Which Bank acquired 9.9% stake in Kisan Finance for cash consideration of Rs 17.82 crore?
1) SBI Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) RBI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank announced that it will buy 1.49 crore shares to acquire 9.9% stake in the non-banking finance company (NBFC) Kisan Finance for Rs 17.82 crore.The acquisition is expected to be over by the end of March 2019.Incorporated in December 2017, Kisan Rural Finance Ltd (Kisan Finance) had registered a net loss of Rs 48 lakh in 2017-18 at a revenue of Rs 4 lakh. iii. The deal will involve the acquisition of roughly 1.49 crore equity shares with a face value of Rs 10 per share at a premium of Rs 2 per share.
- Name the Fighter aircraft of Indian Air Force(IAF) that Shot Down Pakistani Military Drone in Bikaner Sector Near Indo-Pak Border?
2) Mirage 2000
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sukhoi-30
A fighter jet of the Indian Air Force shot down a Pakistani military drone in Bikaner sector of the Indo-Pak border using an air-to-air missile. The Pakistani drone was shot down by a Sukhoi-30 aircraft after a ground-based radar station detected the flying machine.
- India decided to collaborate with Malaysia and 3 other Countries with an objective to increase the population of three Asian rhino species.Which of the following country was not a part of it?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Srilanka
India decided to collaborate with Bhutan, Nepal, Indonesia and Malaysia with an objective to increase the population of three Asian rhino species – Greater one-horned rhinoceros, Javan rhino and Sumatran rhino, by signing the New Delhi Declaration on Asian Rhinos 2019 at the recently held Second Asian Rhino Range Countries meet, at Indira Paryavaran Bhawan, New Delhi.The meet was organised by the environment, forest and climate change ministry in collaboration with IUCN Asian Rhino Specialist Group, WWF- India and Aaranyak.As part of the declaration, the above Rhino Range Countries also agreed to review the population of the three Asian rhino species every 4 years to reassess the need for joint actions to secure their future.The Greater one-horned rhinoceros is found in the Indian sub-continent.
- How much loss incurred for India annually due air pollution from stubble burning?
1) USD 30 billion
2) USD 10 billion
3) USD 20 billion
4) USD 15 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USD 30 billion
According to a study, Air pollution due to crop residue burning in northern India causes an estimated economic loss of USD 30 billion (Rs 2 lakh crore) annually, and is a leading risk factor of acute respiratory infections, especially among children.Researchers from the US-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and partner institutes found that living in districts with air pollution from intense crop residue burning (CRB) is a leading risk factor for acute respiratory infection (ARI), particularly in children less than five years of age.The study analysed health data from more than 250,000 individuals of all ages residing in rural and urban areas in India and will be published in the upcoming edition of the International Journal of Epidemiology.Researchers noted that crop burning is a widespread global practice and in India is concentrated in northwest India, though has spread to other regions of the country in the past decade as new crop harvesting technology is adopted.
- Which Organization/company has become the official partner of VIVO IPL 2019?
1) Ashok Leyland
2) Tata Motors
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tata Motors
Vivo Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019’s official partner, TATA Motors, will promote its newly-launched SUV, Harrier, as its lead brand at the event and showcase the SUV by means of the IPL platform. The highest batting strike rate will win the Harrier Super Striker Award in every match and for the season.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in Mexican open 2019(Tennis)?
1) John McEnroe
2) Mischa Zverev
3) Nick Kyrgios
4) Alexander Zverev
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nick Kyrgios
Mexican open which is a part of 2019 ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Tour and 2019 WTA (Women’s Tennis Association)Tour, was held between 25th February and 2nd March 2019 at the Princess Mundo Imperial in Mexico. i. Australia’s Nick Kyrgios defeated Germany’s Alexander Zverev in the Men’s Singles final by 6-3, 6-4 to claim the fifth ATP title of his career. ii. The List of Winners is given below:
Category Winner Men’s Singles Nick Kyrgios(Australia) Women’s Singles Wang Yafan(China) Men’s Doubles Alexander Zverev(Germany) and Mischa Zverev(Germany) Women’s Doubles Victoria Azarenka(Belarus) and Zheng Saisai(China)
- Imran Tahir announced retirement from ODI cricket post 2019 World Cup.He belongs to which of the following country?
4) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) South Africa
39-year-old Pakistan-born South African cricket team’s leg-spinner, Imran Tahir, announced that he will retire from One Day International (ODI) cricket after the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019. He was qualified to play for South Africa on 1st January 2011 and was selected for the 2011 World Cup.In June 2016, against the West Indies, he became the first South African bowler to take 7 wickets in an ODI, and the fastest South African to reach 100 ODI wickets.He will continue to play in the T20 internationals and participate in the 2020 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in Australia.
- Olympic Council of Asia decided to invite which of the following region to compete in 2022 Asian Games for the first time?
3) North America
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Oceania
Olympic Council of Asia decided to invite Oceania Nations to compete in 2022 Asian Games for the first time after a meeting held in Bangkok. Oceania Nations which includes Australia, New Zealand and a swathe of Pacific islands will compete in to Volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball, football, swimming and track cycling events.Asian Games includes 35 sports with more than 10,000 athletes and it is second only to Olympics as a global multi-sport event.
- Bill Playle of New Zealand passed away recently in New South Wales.He belongs to which Sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cricket
Former New Zealand batsman Bill Playle, passed away in New South Wales, Australia at the age of 80. i. He was natively from Manawatu, New Zealand. ii. During his career, he played 85 First Class games and 8 Tests, and aggregated 2888 and 151 runs respectively
- Former Deputy Prime Minister Bharat Mohan Adhikari passed away recently.He belongs to which of the following country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Nepal
Bharat Mohan Adhikari, who was the former Deputy Prime Minister and senior Communist leader of Nepal, passed away at the age of 83 in Kathmandu, Nepal. He has earlier served as the Finance Minister, Minister of Labour and Transport Management and Minister of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs.He is natively from Mahottari district of Nepal.
- Name the Iconic ‘90210’ actor,passed away at the age of 52 recently in California?
1) James Karen
2) Scott Wilson
3) Luke Perry
4) Ricky Jay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Luke Perry
Iconic actor Luke Perry, known for ‘Beverly Hills 90210’ and ‘Riverdale’ passed away recently in California after he suffered a major stroke.
- Who is the author of the book “Designing Destiny: The Heartfulness Way”?
1) Ruskin Bond
2) Khushwant Singh
3) Amrita Pritam
4) Kamlesh Patel
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kamlesh Patel
The book “Designing Destiny: The Heartfulness Way” which has been written by spiritual teacher Kamlesh Patel who is famously known as Daaji, was launched recently. The book deals with issues pertaining to destiny and the way it shapes someone’s life. i. The book has been published by Westland Publications.
- What was the theme of the Rare Disease day 2018?
1) Theme – “Bridging health and social care”
2) Theme – “Sending recovery good thoughts your way”
3) Theme – “Fill yourself with all the positive energy”
4) Theme – “Recovery is a relaxing and restful”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Bridging health and social care”
Rare Disease Day is observed on the last day of February every year to raise awareness about rare diseases and their treatment. European Organization for Rare Diseases established last day of February as Rare disease day in 2018. 12th International rare disease day was observed all across the world on 28th February 2019 and it was coordinated by EURORDIS (European Organization for Rare Diseases).The Theme of this year’s rare disease day was “Bridging health and social care”.
- When was World Civil Defence Day celebrated?
1) March 5
2) March 2
3) March 1
4) March 4
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) March 1
World Civil Defence Day is observed on 1st March every year, all over the world. The theme of this year’s World Civil Defence Day was “Children’s safety, our responsibility”.This day was incorporated in 1990 by the International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO).The day marks the entry into force of the ICDO Constitution as an intergovernmental organisation in 1972 and has two main purposes: that of bringing to the attention of the world public the vital importance of Civil Protection and of raising awareness of the preparedness for, and prevention and self-protection measures in the event of accidents or disasters; that of paying tribute to the efforts, sacrifices and accomplishments of all the national services responsible for the fight against disasters.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief Minister of Assam?Sarbananda Sonowal
- What is the Capital and Currency of Iran?Capital- Tehran and Currency- Iranian Rial
- Who is the President of Estonia?Kersti Kaljulaid
- Where is the headquarter of Olympic Council of Asia located?Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Who is the MD and CEO of ICICI Bank?Sandeep Bakhshi