AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 5 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- President Ram Nath Kovind has given his approval for an Ordinance to use which of the following ID proof for opening bank accounts and obtaining mobile SIM?
2) Pan Card
3) Voter ID
4) Driving License
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aadhaar
On 3rd March 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind has given his approval for an Ordinance which allows voluntary use of Aadhaar as ID proof for opening bank accounts and obtaining mobile SIM.The ordinance gives effect to the changes in the Aadhaar Act such as giving a child an option to exit from the biometric ID programme on attaining 18 years of age. Rajya Sabha could not approve the Bill eventhough Lok Sabha has given its assent. In such a situation an ordinance is necessary as per the law. The cabinet has approved it with effect to an Ordinance to give changes proposed in Aadhaar and two other legislations. The amendment include stiff penalties for violation of norms which are set for the use of Aadhaar and violation of privacy.
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated an Indo-Russian joint venture (JV),Indo-Russian Rifles Pvt Limited to manufacture the new Kalashnikov AK-203 rifle?
2) Iduvai,Tirupur,Tamil Nadu
3) Korwa,Amethi,Uttar Pradesh
4) Arloiputtu,Visakhapatnam,Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Korwa,Amethi,Uttar Pradesh
On 3rd March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Amethi in Uttar Pradesh to address a public meeting and lay the foundation stone of an Ordnance factory unit in Amethi. This is the first visit by PM Modi since 2014 to Amethi. Modi addressed a public meeting in Kauhar area of Gauriganj. On 3rd March, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated an Indo-Russian joint venture (JV) Indo-Russian Rifles Pvt Ltd,that will manufacture the new Kalashnikov AK-203 rifle in Korwa, near Amethi (UP) to take a step to equip army soldiers with modern rifles.Modi laid foundation stone of Ordnance factory at Korwa. He also inaugurated and laid foundation stones of 17 development projects costing around Rs.538crore.The AK-203, along with the US-origin Sig Sauer assault rifle, will replace the indigenous INSAS rifles and AK-47 rifles.
- Which department sets its 7th world record by providing artificial legs?
1) Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
2) Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
3) Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
4) Department of Research and Education
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
Union Minister Thaawar Chand Gehlot on Friday said the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) has set its seventh Guinness world record with 260 people in Gujarat’s Bharuch getting ‘Modern Artificial Limbs (Legs)’ implanted within eight hours. The DEPwD under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had previously set six Guinness world records in other categories.
- National Security Council held in which of the following State/UT recently?
2) New Delhi
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi
On 3rd March, 2019, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has chaired a meeting of the National Security Council in New Delhi,which was followed by heightened tensions with Pakistan.The National Security advisor, Ajit Doval has advised the prime minister on matters of national security owing to the latest security scenario after Pulwana attack.National Security Council was established by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in 1998, with Brajesh Mishra as the first National Security Advisor (NSA).
- Which state becomes the highest natural gas producer in the country?
1) New Delhi
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tripura
Tripura is highest natural gas producer in country,Dharmendra Pradhan.Union minister also laid the foundation stone for a CNG filling station at Udaipur in Gomati district, 50 Km from Agartala and piped natural gas connections in West Tripura.Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan Saturday inaugurated ONGC Sonamura gas collecting station in Sepahijala district, 60 Km from Agartala and said Tripura is ranked first in production of natural gas in the country.
- Name the country,that hosted the 2019 North Korea – United States Hanoi Summit?
1) United States
2) North Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vietnam
On 28th February 2019, 2 day 2019 North Korea – United States Hanoi Summit has abruptly concluded in Hanoi, Vietnam with no joint agreement after Kim insisted all US sanctions to be lifted on his country. The meeting was held between North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump. It was the second meeting between them following the first meeting in June 2018 in Singapore.After June 2018 summit, US Secretary of state Mike Pompeo appointed Stephan Biegun as US Special Representative for North Korea.During the summit, Trump sought a guarantee from North Korea to stop testing its missiles and nuclear weapons. In return, North Korea demanded the lifting of 5 core economic sanctions which was imposed over Korea.
- ‘Sampriti-2019’ is a joint military exercise between which of the following countries?
1) India and Bangladesh
2) India and US
3) India and Russia
4) India and Singapore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India and Bangladesh
The eighth edition of joint military exercise ‘Sampriti-2019’ between the armies of India and Bangladesh was commenced on 3rd March, 2019, which aimed to increase mutual cooperation and camaraderie with an impressive ceremony in Tangail, Bangladesh.This exercise will be conducted till 15th March as a part of the ongoing India-Bangladesh defence cooperation.The motive behind this exercise is to hone their tactical and technical skills in countering insurgency, counter terrorism and aid to civil authorities for disaster management in an UN peace keeping scenario involving a combined deployment at a battalion level.
- Which country topped the Global Consumer Confidence Survey 2018?
4) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On 4th March 2019, India ranked first in the Confidence Board Global Consumer Confidence Survey which was conducted in collaboration with a global performance management company Nielsen Holdings. India maintained its 1st position from 3rd quarter and in the 4th quarter of 2018 India’s Consumer Confidence Index (CCI) score is 133.South Korea has the most pessimistic consumer who are worried about rising inflation, lower wage growth, unemployment, a weak stock market and global trade uncertainties in the world.CCI Confidence Board measured optimism towards job prospects, health of personal finances and spending intentions in the next 12 months for the survey.The Global Consumer Confidence Index became highest in 14 years by increasing one point to 107 in 4th quarter of 2018. The increase in confidence is a positive sign for economic and business growth in 2019.
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) penalised Karnataka Bank with ___________ Crore, for the delay caused in following the guidelines mentioned in ‘Time bound implementation and strengthening of SWIFT related controls?
1) 5 Crores
2) 2 Crores
3) 3 Crores
4) 4 Crores
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 4 Crores
A penalty of the following amount has been imposed by the Reserve Bank of India on 4 PSU banks and 1 private sector bank: Union Bank– Rs. 3 crores Dena Bank– Rs. 2 crores IDBI Bank– Rs. 1crore Karnataka Bank– Rs. 4 crores .The penalty has been imposed for the delay caused in following the guidelines mentioned in ‘Time bound implementation and strengthening of SWIFT related controls’ issued by the Reserve Bank of India on 20th February 2018. State Bank of India- Rs. 1 crore for delaying the implementation of the daily reconciliation of Swift transaction logs with effect from February 20, 2018 at 226 “low intensity branches” of the bank.
- SEBI board with a view to make more cost-effective trade in Indian stock market, the fee for agri-commodity derivative transactions is reduced from Rs.15 per crore to Rs. ____?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs.1
On 1st March 2019, SEBI board with a view to making more cost-effective trade in Indian stock market approved lowering of fees charged from brokers, stock exchange and the companies seeking to get listed.The fees payable to brokers is reduced by 33.33% from Rs.15 per crore of transactions to Rs.10. In case of agri-commodity derivative transactions, the fee would be reduced sharply by 93.33% from Rs.15 to just Re.1.A proposal to grant permanent registration to custodians, instead of periodical renewal every year got approval from SEBI board. The initiative would facilitate ease of doing business for custodians.SEBI also decided to reduce fees payable by the issuers for one refiling is done within one year of validity of observation letter.
- Which bank received the Best Bank Award from the state government of Tamil Nadu?
1) Indian Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) Union Bank of India
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Bank
Indian Bank, a Public Sector Bank (PSB), headquartered at Chennai, Tamil Nadu has been awarded the Best Bank Award by the Tamil Nadu government for successfully meeting the needs of women’s self-help groups (SHGs). The award was given to MK Bhattacharya, the executive director of Indian Bank by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu K Palaniswami at Salem, Tamil Nadu.
- Who was conferred with the 2019 National STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)Education Award?
4) Kavya Kopparapu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kavya Kopparapu
Kavya Kopparapu, an Indian-American teenager residing in Herndon, Virginia has been awarded the National STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Education Award 2019. She has been awarded for her significant invention in enhancing treatments of glioblastoma– which is the deadliest form of brain cancer.She has developed GlioVision, which is a high accuracy medicine platform powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). It performs prediction of brain tumour characteristics by using a scanned image of a biopsy rather than a DNA sample, in lesser time and at lower costs.The prize money amounts for STEM amounts to $10,000.She is a student of computer science and biology at Harvard University.She has also heads Girls Computing League– a non-profit organisation which has raised more than $100,000 for computer science programming and has impacted more than 3,800 American students.She has also delivered speeches at Smithsonian Institution, NASA Kennedy Space Centre, and was a participant in numerous AI conferences.
- Which organisation created a new Guinness World Record for the longest single moving line bicycle parade?
1) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
2) Women’s Research and Action Group (WRAG)
3) Textiles Research Associations
4) India Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) on Sunday created a new Guinness World Record for the longest single moving line bicycle parade at the Yamuna Expressway. The 1,327 bicycles parade covered 3.2 km distance non-stop with a uniform distance between bicycles in a single line. Earlier the record was held by Hubballi Bicycle Club, India, with 1,235 bicycles in a single chain. Guinness World Records chose Ahmed Gamaleldin Ahmed Gabr from Egypt as the adjudicator for the event.
- Who was appointed as the Secretary of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)?
1) Ajay Tyagi
2) Nagendra Nath Sinha
3) Sanjeev Ranjan
4) Ajit Doval
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sanjeev Ranjan
As a part of a top-level bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the central government according to a Personnel Ministry order, Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Ranjan has been designated as secretary of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH).He will succeed Yudhvir Singh Malik.Sanjeev Ranjan, 1985-batch IAS officer of Tripura cadre, is currently the chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).He will be succeeded by Nagendra Nath Sinha as a NHAI chief, who is managing director in National Highways and infrastructure Development Corporation.
- Anil Kumble,a former India captain was re-appointed as the chairman of which of the following committee for a final 3 year term?
1) International Cricket Council Committee
2) Board of Control for Cricket in India Committee
3) Cricket Association for the Blind in India Committee
4) Cricket Federation of India Committee
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) International Cricket Council Committee
On 2nd March, 2019, Anil Kumble, a former India captain and great leg spinner was re-appointed ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket Committee Chairman for a final 3 year term in a board meeting of cricket council in Dubai.Anil Kumble has been the chairman of the committee since 2012.The committee headed by Anil Kumble has further decided to stick to the coin toss as an “integral part” of the Test match narrative.
- Who was re-elected as the president of the Olympic Council of Asia?
1) Song Luzeng
2) Roy de Silva
3) Timothy Fok
4) Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah
On 3rd March, 2019, Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah of Kuwait, who is considered a major power broker in sport world, is re-elected as president of the powerful Olympic Council of Asia. Sheikh Ahmad has won a new five-year term until 2024.An IOC member, stepped down from his position in the global Olympic body in November because of his forgery accusation in a criminal court against the Kuwaiti and four others.
- Which State became the first State in the country to introduce Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) in the government hospitals?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) West Bengal
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tamil Nadu
Vijaya Bhaskar, State Health Minister of Tamil Nadu stated that Tamil Nadu has become the first state in the country to introduce Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) in the government hospitals.TAVI was launched in November 2018 at the Tamil Nadu Government Multi Super Speciality Hospital (TNGMSSH), Omandurar Estate and two people underwent the surgery free of cost.An MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) was signed between the state government and Heart Team India for these surgeries.TAVI is performed on old-age heart patients who cannot undergo an open-heart surgery and involves replacement of valve through a keyhole procedure.
- Who won the gold medal in 65 kg freestyle category(Mens) in Bulgaria wrestling – Dan Kolov – Nikola Petrov tournament held in Ruse, Bulgaria?
1) Saurav Gurjar
2) Yogeshwar Dutt
3) Bajrang Punia
4) Sushil Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bajrang Punia
57th International Wrestling Tournament ‘Dan Kolov – Nikola Petrov’ conducted from 28 feb-3 Mar 2019 in Ruse, Bulgaria. The International tournament in the memory of Dan Kolov and Nikola Petrov was organized by the Bulgarian Wrestling Federation. The Best Bulgarian Wrestler will be awarded with the prize ‘The Golden Belt – Dan Kolov and Nikola Petrov’. Indian Wrestler won medals in the tournament.Bajrang Punia won gold medal in 65 kg freestyle category defeating Jordan Oliver of USA for 12-3. He dedicates the gold to wing commander Abhinanadan Varthaman.Pooja Dhanda won gold in 59 kg women’s freestyle category. She finished undefeated in the round-robin format of the competition including a win over her Compatriot Sarita Mor.Sakshi Malik settled for a silver medal in the 65 kg category. She lost to Henna Johansson in the International Wrestling Tournament.
- Which Sport will return in Asian Games 2022 edition in Hangzhou?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cricket
Cricket is set for a return at the Asian Games after the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) included it in the sports programme for the 2022 edition in Hangzhou. The decision was taken at the OCA’s General Assembly in Bangkok.
- World Day of the Fight Against Sexual Exploitation is observed on __________?
1) March 1
2) March 2
3) March 3
4) March 4
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) March 4
The World Day of Fight Against Sexual Exploitation is observed on March 4 every year. It aims to spread awareness about the prevalent sexual exploitation, largely among women and children. Sexual assault statistics:Around 35 per cent of women worldwide sexual violence by a non-partner atleast once in their lives.Adult women comprise 51 per cent of all human trafficking victims globally. Women and girls together comprise 71 per cent, with girls representing nearly three out of every four child trafficking victims. Nearly three out of every four trafficked women and girls are trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation.
- What is the theme of the National Safety Day,that is observed on 4th March,2019?
1) Theme – “Cultivate and Sustain a safety culture for building nation”
2) Theme – “Partnership with Youth to Achieve the SDGs-Moving from Policy to Action”
3) Theme – “Shaping of a New India”
4) Theme – “Shared Values,Common Destiny”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Cultivate and Sustain a safety culture for building nation”
In India, National Safety Day(NSC) is observed on 4th March every year by National Safety Council of India. This day is celebrated to make every people safe from issues like Financial Loss, Health problems and environmental problems.NSC was set up on 4th March 1966 by Ministry of Labour, GOI.The day was initiated in 1972 as a commemoration to the Foundation Day of the National Safety Council (NSC).Started for a single day on 4th March as NSD, the Campaign converted into week long event as National Saefty Week (NSW) from 4-11 March.Theme – “Cultivate and Sustain a safety culture for building nation”.
- National Security Day was observed on 4th March 2019,it is also known as ______________?
1) Shaheed Diwas
2) Rashtriya Matdata Diwas
3) Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
4) Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas
Every year, National Security Day also known as Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas was celebrated on 4th March to praise the work of security forces such as army officers, para-military, policemen and commandos. First National Security Day was celebrated in 1972 and 48th National Security Day was celebrated this year.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the CEO of Unique Identification Authority of India?Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- What is the Capital and Currency of United States?Capital- Washington DC and Currency – Dollar
- Who is the Prime Minister of Bangladesh?Sheikh Hasina
- Where is the Zuari River located?Goa
- Who is the Chairperson of Securities and Exchange Board of India?Ajay Tyagi