AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 4 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated,Expo-cum Conference on Construction Technology India 2019 (CTI-2019)?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 2nd March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the two day Expo-cum Conference on Construction Technology India 2019 (CTI-2019) in New Delhi. It will identify proven, innovative and globally established technologies such as researchers, startups, developers, academia, etc. For use which will be in the Indian context.The event will provide a space for interaction among stakeholders that can open up new areas for collaboration and will facilitate. The conversion of ideas into market-ready products which is ready to be launched in the market place.The main beneficiary of the initiative is youth. Technologies which are proven during CTI-2019 will further invited to design and build lighthouse projects.The project of one thousand housing unit in 6 state that are Gujarat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh.
- During Expo-cum Conference on Construction Technology India 2019,Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared ‘April 2019–March 2020’ as ______________ year?
1) Year of Light and Light-Based Technologies
2) Construction –Technology year
3) Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development
4) Year of Pulses
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Construction –Technology year
On 2nd March 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared ‘April 2019–March 2020’ as Construction-Technology year and the use of advanced technology to meet the increasing demand of housing in the country caused by rapid urbanization got stressed.Government’s mission of provide brick house to every Indian by 2022 has sought the support from the private sector for the fulfillment of the mission.The declaration was made during the inauguration of Construction Technology India 2019 Expo-cum-conference held in New Delhi.The Global Housing Technology Challenge will be aimed at introducing best technologies that seek to construct low cost houses in a shorter period of time.Tax laws will be modified which will be helpful for the middle class to buy a house GST will be reduced from 8% to 1% on affordable houses.
- Which of the following anthem,was launched by Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Harsh Vardhan in seven language?
1) India and Patriotism
2) Free from water Scarcity
3) Plastic Waste-Free India
4) Pollution Free India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Plastic Waste-Free India
On 28th February 2019, an anthem ”Plastic Waste-Free India’‘ which has been composed and produced by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Smriti Manch (PDUSM)– a non-profit organisation which works in the field of social and environmental issues was launched by Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Harsh Vardhan.It is a part of an initiative which aims to turn India into a plastic-free nation by 2022 and aims at supporting and improving the plastic waste management and recycling ecosystem in the country.It has been launched in seven languages – Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telegu, Malyalam and Kannada.
- Where did AYUSH Minister laid the foundation for National Institute of Unani Medicine recently?
1) Mumbai in Maharashtra
2) Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh
3) Guwahati in Assam
4) Bhubaneswar in Odisha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh
AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik on Friday laid the foundation stone for National Institute of Unani Medicine at Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.The institute would be developed with an approximate cost of 300 crore rupees on 10 acres of land. It would be one of the largest institutes of Unani Medicine in Northern India.
- Which Country hosted the 46th session of Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC)?
1) Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates
2) Washington D.C.,USA
3) New York,USA
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Abu Dhabi,United Arab Emirates
On 2nd March 2019, Abu Dhabi hosted the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC). It was a two-day gathering dedicated to discuss ways to combat hate speech, extremism and conflict in the region. This is the first time that India participated in the meeting. Sushma Swaraj attended the inaugural session of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation meeting in Abu Dhabi where she was welcomed as a “guest of honour”.
- Ayushman Bharat inked MoU with which of the following transport company, for providing free healthcare for drivers?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Uber
The National Health Authority (NHA), which is the apex body responsible for implementation of Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Uber– a ride-hailing app to provide free healthcare services to Uber drivers. The agreement states that under the Uber CARE initiative- meant for drivers and delivery partners which has been launched by Uber, it will help in establishing common service centres (CSCs) at Partners Seva Kendras across India. CSCs have entrepreneurs at the village level who will go to these centres and verify eligibility and issue e-cards to drivers for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.Drivers and delivery partners can avail this benefit by paying merely Rs 30 for procuring an Ayushman Bharat card, without any charges for pre-hospitalisation, hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- According to the Delta ranking report released by NITI Aayog,which district,has become the top aspirational district among the 112 aspirational districts?
1) Maharashtra’s Chandrapur
2) Assam’s Hailakandi
3) WestBengal’s Alipurduar
4) Odisha’s Bhadrak
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Assam’s Hailakandi
According to the Delta ranking report released by NITI Aayog, Assam’s Hailakandi has become the top aspirational district among the 112 aspirational districtsof the country.Hailakandi in Assam has made a giant leap from 52nd position to no. 1 position on the basis of its performance during November-December 2018 and January 2019.For securing first rank to be the top aspirational district, Hailakandi will be given an allocation of Rs.10 crore.
- SKOCH award,the highest independent honour is conferred to which of the following organization in the field of disaster management?
1) Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA)
2) Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA)
3) WestBengal State Disaster Management Authority (WSDMA)
4) Maharashtra State Disaster Management Authority (MSDMA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA)
SKOCH award, the highest independent honour in the country, was given to Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) for the first time for its remarkable achievements in the field of disaster management.The award was presented at the mega event of 56th SKOCH Summit in New Delhi.OSDMA received this SKOCH award in the Disaster Management category and “Order-of-Merit” Gold for building community resilience by establishing 879 Multi-Purpose Cyclone and Flood Shelters across the coastline and flood prone areas of Odisha.
- Name the Organization,which was recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Company?
3) Tata Steel
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tata Steel
Tata Steel has received an award as one of the 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies. The award has been given by Ethisphere Institute, USA. The company was also recognised 7 times previously (this being the eighth recognition) and is one of the only two awardees in the ‘Metals, Minerals and Mining’ industry. In 2019, 128 honourees across 21 countries and 50 industries have been recognised.
- Name the England Cricketer,who was officially awarded with the knighthood for his services to cricket recently?
1) Jos Buttler
2) Joe Root
3) James Anderson
4) Alastair Cook
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Alastair Cook
On 27th February 2019, Alastair Cook– formerly a skipper of the England cricket team was officially awarded the knighthood for his services to cricket. He was honoured by Elizabeth II, the Queen of England at the Buckingham Palace, London, England. He is the 11th English cricketer to be awarded knighthood for services to cricket and also the first English cricketer to get the honour after Sir Ian Botham received it in 2007.He made his Test debut in 2006 against India, was the captain of England for 59 Test matches and captained the team to win 24 matches in the longest format of the game. He has played a total of 160 test matches.
- Who was appointed as the President of Senegal?
1) Léopold Sédar Senghor
2) Macky Sall
3) Abdou Diouf
4) Abdoulaye Wade
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Macky Sall
Macky Sall has again won the election with 58.27% of votes casted to be the President of Senegal. This majority votes has handed Macky Sall a second term to be the President without the need for a second round of voting. Macky Sall was elected as president in 2012 for the first time.He is known for enhancing infrastructure of the country. He is also known as a moderniser who has helped to boost economic growth in the country.
- Bhagwan Lal Sahni was appointed as the Chairman of the which of the following Indian Constitutional body under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment?
1) National Commission for Backward Classes
2) National Commission for Scheduled Castes
3) National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
4) National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Commission for Backward Classes
Bhagwan Lal Sahni who hails from Muzaffarpur, Bihar has been appointed as the chairman of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC). Other members of the commission are: Kaushalendra Singh Patel– BJP leader and former mayor of Varanasi Sudha Yadav- BJP national secretary and former Haryana MP. Achary Talloju– Telangana BJP general secretary.
- Who was reappointed as the Chairman of the Tea Board?
1) P K Bezbaruah
2) V K Sharma
3) K V Chowdary
4) K. K. Venugopal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) P K Bezbaruah
The Commerce Ministry has reappointed P K Bezbaruah as the chairman of Tea Board for a period of three years, a notification has said. Bezbaruah, the owner of Bokahola Tea Company in Assam, was earlier appointed as chairman of Tea Board as its first non-IAS officer. His mew term began from February 19, 2019, the mortification said. Before the end of his first term as chairman, Bezbaruah had urged the Indian tea industry to explore export opportunities in the vast Chinese market. Bezbaruah was also instrumental in initiating a revamp of the old electronic auctioning system. The Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore has been assigned to do the task.
- Name the short-range air-to-air Missile,which is used to shot down a Pakistani F-16 by Abhinandan Varthaman from his MiG-21 Bison?
1) R-63 Missile
2) R-73 Missile
3) R-60 Missile
4) R-53 Missile
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) R-73 Missile
R-73 short-range air-to-air missile carried by the MiG-21 Bison flown by Abhinandan Varthaman that downed a Pakistani F-16 jet.The Missile was developed by Russian research and production firm Vympel NPO to replace the earlier R-60. This missile is an infrared homing (meaning it uses infrared light emission from a target to track and follow it) weapon with a minimum engagement range of 300 metres. It is employed against highly manoeuvrable targets by MiG-29, MiG-31, Su-27/33, Su-34 and Su-35. The advanced R-73 missile features Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) that offers unprecedented manoeuvrability in air-to-air engagement. India is also looking to use the missile on their HAL Tejas.BCCI dedicates jersey number 1 to IAF pilot Abhinandan Varthaman.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title,in 27th ATP edition of Dubai Tennis Championship 2019,which was his 100th ATP Singles title?
1) Roger Federer
2) Stefanos Tsitsipas
3) Roger Federer
4) Joe Salisbury
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Roger Federer
Roger Federer defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece for his 8th Dubai title and 100th ATP Singles title overall. The score in the finals was 6-4, 6-4.
Category Winner Runner–up Men’s Singles Roger Federer (Switzerland) Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece) Women’s Singles Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) Men’s Doubles Rajeev Ram (USA) and Joe Salisbury (UK) Ben McLachlan (New Zealand) and Jan-Lennard Struff (Germany) Women’s Doubles Hsieh Su-wei (China) and Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic) Lucie Hradecka (Czech Republic) and Ekaterina Makarova (Russia)
- Name the person,who won the 10 kilometer race of Nepal’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Open Marathon and Run for Fun,which was held in Kathmandu,Nepal?
1) Vikas Krishan Yadav
2) Shiva Thapa
3) Gagan Narang
4) Shashank Shekhar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Shashank Shekhar
Shashank Shekhar won the 10 kilometer race of Nepal’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Open Marathon and Run for Fun which was held in Nepal’s Capital- Kathmandu. Out of total 9 CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) personnel participated in 10 KM race category, Shekhar claimed the first position.This event is an annual event organized by the Nepal Army.
- Zhores Alferov,who won the Nobel Prize in 2000 and was also a member of Russian parliament, Passed away at the age of 88 in St. Petersburg, Russia.He belongs to which of the following field?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Physicist
Zhores Alferov who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2000 and was also a member of Russian parliament, died at the age of 88 in St. Petersburg, Russia. He was an honorary member of numerous research institutions including the American National Academy of Sciences.He researched in the field of information technology and his research was the backbone of computers, CD players, mobile phones etc. He shared the nearly $1 million award for this.He hails from Belarus, Europe and was the first Russian to win a Nobel Prize since 1990 Nobel peace prize awardee Mikhail Gorbachev, a Soviet leader.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) has celebrated _________ Edition of Civil Accounts Day on March 1,2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 43rd
On 1st March 2019, The Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) has celebrated 43rd Civil Accounts Day at Mavalankar Auditorium, Constitution Club of India, Rafi Marg, New Delhi. This year’s civil accounts day has showcased the progress of the flagship project of the Indian Civil Accounts Organization namely the Public Financial Management System (PFMS). Shri Anthony Lianzuala, Controller General of Accounts (CGA), on this occasion has launched 2 functionalities of PFMS to strengthen, monitor and user interface. ICAS was constituted in 1976 and it has steadily increased in stature and played an important role in the management of public finances of the Union Government since its inception. Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley has implemented PM -KISAN Yojana through PFMS and released the Compendium on GST Refunds. On this occasion, CGA has presented a report on overall GST Refunds made till date in this Financial Year 2018-19 which is about Rs. 84,000 crore and a short film on ARPIT (Accounting and Reconciliation Portal of Indirect Taxes) was also shown to Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley.
- When was World Hearing Day Observed?
2) 2nd March
3) 3rd March
4) 4th March
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 3rd March
World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March every year by Office of Prevention of Blindness and Deafness of the WHO (World Health Organization). The Theme for this year’s World hearing day is “Check your Hearing”. This year, WHO launched an app, HearWHO that will allow people to check their hearing.
- What was the theme of the World Wildlife Day that was observed on March 3,2019?
1) Theme – ‘Calm and Patience of Wild Animal’
2) Theme – ‘Life beyong wild and Violence’
3) Theme – ‘Life of Wildlife’
4) Theme – ‘Life below water: for people and planet’
5) None of theseAnswer – ‘Life below water: for people and planet’
World Wildlife Day is observed on 3rd March every year to spread awareness about wildlife. This date was designated as the World Wildlife Day on20 December 2013 at the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). On this day, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was signed. The theme for World Wildlife Day 2019 is ‘Life below water: for people and planet’, which corresponds to goal 14 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which is-Life below water.This is the first World Wildlife Day in the history which focuses on life below water.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of United Arab Emirates (UAE)?Capital- Abu Dhabi and Currency- Dirham.
- Who is the Chief Minister of Assam?Sarbananda Sonowal.
- What is the currency of Senegal?CFA Franc
- Who is the Prime Minister of Nepal?Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
- What is the Capital of Odisha?Bhubaneswar