AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 31 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where did Government of India set up Multi-Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG)?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Jammu and Kashmir
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jammu and Kashmir
On 30th March 2019, a multi-disciplinary terror monitoring group (MDTMG) has been set up by the Government to ensure synergized and collective action against terror financing and terror-related activities in Jammu and Kashmir.This group will have representatives from the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Intelligence Bureau, Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI), National Investigation Agency(NIA), and Income Tax Department.Also, It will take action against hardcore sympathizers among government employees, including teachers, who are providing support to terror activities and investigate the network of various channels being used to fund terror and terror-related activities and take coordinated action to stop the flow of such funds.The Additional director general of police (ADGP) CID of JK Police will head the group which will meet on a weekly basis.
- Who was the first Indian President to visit Croatia?
1) Abdul Kalam
2) Pratibha Patil
3) Pranab Mukherjee
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ram Nath Kovind
President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind visited Croatia as the part of his 3-nation visit along with a high level delegations from 25-28 March 2018. He became the first President to visit Croatia and Bolivia. He visited Bolivia from 28-30 March and his last destination of 3-nation visit is Chile.
- How many MoU’s was signed between India and Croatia to enhance Culture,Tourism and Sports sectors?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 4
On 26th March, 2019, President, Ram Nath Kovind held productive talks with his Croatian counterpart Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic to discuss all aspects of bilateral relations. The two countries has signed 4 Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) on culture, tourism and sports.An MoU was signed between the Sports Authority of India and the Department of Kinesiology in the University of Zagreb for building capacity in sports. An MoU was signed regarding culture which consists of 2 agreements to establish Indian Council for Cultural Relations Chair for Sanskrit and Hindi language at the University of Zagreb. The 2 countries also signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of tourism to help deepen links in this important sector.
- What was the theme of the Croatian-Indian Economic Forum in Zagreb?
1) Theme –“India – Croatia relations- the way forward”
2) Theme –“India – Croatia relations-in the Economic front”
3) Theme –“India – Croatia relations-in the business front”
4) Theme –“India – Croatia relations”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme –“India – Croatia relations- the way forward”
On 27th March, 2019, Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Croatian-Indian Economic Forum in Zagreb, Croatia to delegate Indian and Croatian businesses to partner with each other for trade, technology and investment collaboration.The theme of the address was “India – Croatia relations- the way forward”. Both the countries discussed to integrate the value and supply chains to derive maximum benefit economically.
- Which Indian Shipyard became the first to deliver its 100th Warship-Landing Craft Utility, L-56?
1) Great Eastern Shipping Companies
2) Shipping Corporation of India Ltd
3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
4) ABG Shipyard
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limiteda
On 30th March, 2019, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited has delivered its 100th Warship which is a Landing Craft Utility, L-56, to the Indian Navy. This has made GRSE the first Indian Shipyard to make and deliver 100 warships to the Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and Mauritius Coast Guard.The 100th Warship, IN LCU L-56 was handed over by Rear Admiral V. K. Saxena, Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE to Lt. Cdr. Gopinath Narayanan, Commanding Officer of the Ship.
- Who became the first female president of Slovakia?
1) Zoya Pukhova
2) Golda Meir
3) Yekaterina Furtseva
4) Zuzana Caputova
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Zuzana Caputova
On 30th March 2019, lawyer Zuzana Caputova(45) won Slovakia’s presidential election and become Slovakia’s first female president. She will succeed Andrej Kiska.She has deafeated high-profile diplomat Maros Sefcovic by winning 58% votes.She was born on 21st June 1973 in Bratislava.She was honoured with the Goldman Environmental Award in 2016 for her strong and resolute leadership regarding the Pezinok landfill affair, Caputova.
- Name the Campaign for which Filmmaker Rima Das was appointed as the ambassador?
1) Tribeca Film Festival(TFF)’s ‘Indian Heritage’
2) Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)’s ‘Share Her Journey’
3) Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)’s ‘Indian Heritage’
4) Tribeca Film Festival(TFF)’s ‘Share Her Journey’
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)’s ‘Share Her Journey’
On 29th March 2019, Assam filmmaker Rima Das has been appointed as the official ambassador of Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)’s ‘Share Her Journey’ campaign.TIFF launched the five years ‘Share Her Journey’ campaign in 2017 with an aim to increase participation, skills, and opportunities for women behind and in front of the camera. She has won several national and international awards for her film ‘Village Rockstars’, which is India’s official entry to Oscars 2019 and Dublin Film Critics Circle Jury Award for Best Director of her film ‘Bulbul Can Sing’.Recently Rima Das was honoured with ICC NE Excellence Award by Indian Chamber of Commerce at North East Business Summit at Hotel Le Meridien in New Delhi.The other Indian ambassadors of the campaign include Filmmakers Mira Nair, Deepa Mehta, and Actress Priyanka Chopra.
- Who was appointed as the Chief of Strategic Forces Command?
1) Navkaranjit Singh Dhillon
2) Jasbir Walia
3) Pradeep Vasant Naik
4) Norman Anil Kumar Browne
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Navkaranjit Singh Dhillon
On 30th March 2019, Fighter pilot Air Marshal Navkaranjit Singh Dhillon has been appointed as the new commander-in-chief Strategic Forces Command. He will succeed Jasbir Walia. Key Points: i. He was born in 1961 in Amritsar.He was commissioned as a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force on December 1981.He has experience as a Commanding officer in MiG-21 Sqn and as a Chief Operational Officer of a premier flying base.The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) was created on 4th January 2003, by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government to look after the strategic nuclear arsenal of the country and it is a part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority (NCA) which is headed by PM Narendra Modi.
- Name the MD and CEO of ICICI Securities, who was appointed recently.
1) Neelam Dhawan
2) Shilpa Naval Kumar
3) Vijay Chandok
4) Radhakrishnan Nair
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vijay Chandok
On 31st March 2019, Executive Director of ICICI Bank, Vijay Chandok has been appointed as MD and CEO of ICICI Securities, a subsidiary of ICICI bank. He will succeed Shilpa Naval Kumar.He joined the ICICI Group in 1993.At present, he is on the boards of ICICI Bank UK PLC and ICICI Bank Canada and is the Chairman of ICICI Investment Management Company.Under his leadership, ICICI Bank has won several awards including ‘India’s Best Bank in SME Financing’ (private sector) in 2008 by Dun & Bradstreet and ‘Excellence in SME Banking in Asia Pacific, Central Asia and Gulf Region’ in 2009 by the Asian Banker Award.
- Who has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet?
1) Adhar Kumar Chatterji
2) Bhaskar Sadashiv Soman
3) Karambir Singh
4) Suraj Berry
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Suraj Berry
On 30th March 2019, Rear Admiral Suraj Berry has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet. He will succeed Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, AVSM, NM, who will be the next (24th) chief of naval staff. He was commissioned on 1st January 1987 and is a specialist in Gunnery and Missile Warfare.He has experience as a Commanding officer in the missile vessel INS Nirbhik, missile corvette INS Karmuk, stealth frigate INS Talwar, and the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.Also, He is a recipient of the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2006 for the Tsunami Relief operations in Sri Lanka/ Maldives and the Nau Sena Medal in 2015.Under his supervision, Eastern Fleet participated in various bilateral exercises, like INDRA-18 with the Russian Navy, the 25th edition of SIMBEX with the Singapore Navy and JIMEX-18 with the Japanese Navy.
- Which became the World’s first district with 5G coverage?
3) Sakon Nakhon
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shanghai
On 30th March, 2019, China’s Shanghai claimed to have the world’s first district with 5G coverage and a broadband gigabit network. It has conducted trial runs of the 5G network in Shanghai’s Hongkou district.The trial runs of the 5G network started in Shanghai’s Hongkou district.5G base stations had been deployed over the last three months to ensure full coverage in Hongkou.Shangai’s 5G network is backed by state-run telecom carrier China Mobile.
- Which Island was notified as Island Protection Zone (IPZ) 2019 by Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change recently?
1) Andaman and Nicobar Island
2) Kurumgad Island
3) Khanderi Island
4) Worli Island
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andaman and Nicobar Island
On 29th March 2019, Island Protection Zone (IPZ) 2019 for Andaman and Nicobar has been notified by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The purpose of these changes in the IPZ is aligned with the Niti Aayog’s proposal for holistic development in the Islands.The government is planning to open the blue economy and sustainable utilizing of ocean resources.In this new notification, eco-tourism projects are allowed at 20 meters from the high tide line (HTL) in smaller islands like Baratang, Havelock, and Car Nicobar and at 50 meters for larger islands from the HTL.It permits the eco-tourism activities like mangrove walks, tree huts and nature trails in island coastal regulation zone (ICRZ) IA.This new notification replaces IPZ notification of 2011.It brings norms for Andaman and Nicobar at par with coastal regulation zone (CRZ) norms for other islands.
- Which country won the 28th edition of Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2019 held at Azlan Shah Stadium in Ipoh, Malaysia?
3) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) South Korea
On 30th March, India was defeated by the South Korea in the penalty shootout of the final 28th edition of Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2019. 17th Ranked South Korea defeated World number 5, India to won the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup which was held at Azlan Shah Stadium in Ipoh, Malaysia. The top goal scorers of the tournament was Mandeep Singh of India and Jang Jong-hyun of South Korea.South Korea has won this tournament for the 3rd time.
- Who is the author of the non-fiction book titled India Positive?
1) Vikram Seth
2) Kiran Desai
3) Salman Rushdie
4) Chetan Bhagat
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Chetan Bhagat
Popular author Chetan Bhagat announced the launch of his new non-fiction book titled India Positive. The book comprises essays examining a gamut of subjects such as education, employment, Goods and Services Tax (GST), corruption and casteism. Reportedly, India Positive published by Westland Publications will be released in May this year. The book also consists of tweets that highlight and touch upon the current issues that need focus.
- When was World Idli Day celebrated?
1) 30th March
2) 29th March
3) 28th March
4) 31st March
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 30th March
March 30 has been celebrated as World Idli Day, the idea being the brainchild of M Eniyavan, founder of Mallipoo Idly, a popular chain. “The humble idli is the safest food for all ages – children to elderly.
- When was World Piano Day observed?
1) 30th March
2) 29th March
3) 28th March
4) 31st March
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 29th March
In 2015, German pianist Nils Frahm declared the 88th day of a year(29th March) as the World Piano Day, as modern standard pianos have 88 keys. It has been celebrated in dozens of cities around the world over the past years. Many people were attracted towards the van by the piano’s beautiful melodies, taking photos and cheering for the performers, Xinhua news agency reported. Launched by Universal Music Group, an American global music corporation, the event also celebrated the global release of Chinese pianist Lang Lang’s new album Piano Book, a collection of pieces he has loved and played since childhood.
- Rajasthan State came into existence on 30th March of ______ year?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 1949
Rajasthan Day is celebrated on 30th March every year to commemorate the day on which the state Rajasthan came into existence as it was previously known as Rajputana.On 30th March 1949, the state was formed.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Slovakia?Capital-Bratislava & Currency-Euro
- Who is the President of Croatia?Kolinda Grabar Kitarovic
- Where is Manas National Park located?Assam
- What is the tagline of ICICI Bank?Hum Hain Na!
- Who is the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands?Devendra Kumar Joshi