AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 29 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the Interactive session between India and ambassadors & High Commissioners of European and Oceania Countries held?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On 28th March 2019, an Interactive session was held between India and ambassadors & High Commissioners of European and Oceania Countries in New Delhi. The aim of the interactive session was to take economic ties with European and Oceania countries to a next level. Various trade negotiations were also discussed in the session.Bilateral trade between India and Europe is of USD 130.1 Billion and import and export between the countries has registered double digit growth.India is the fifth largest exporter for Australia and major exports from India to Australia include refined Petroleum, Business services and Pharmaceutical.Companies from Oceania, have invested around 1034.2 million US Dollars in India market between April 2000 and December 2018.
- Name the organization, that constituted an eight-member Advanced Technology External Advisory Council to examine the ethical challenges related to artificial intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Google
Google has constituted an eight-member Advanced Technology External Advisory Council that will examine the ethical challenges related to artificial intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies. The aim of the council is to provide recommendations for Google and other companies and researchers regarding the AI.The council will meet four times, beginning in April and will publish its report by the end of 2019.
- Pentagon has planned to establish a new wall at which of the following border in order to prevent illegal migration and drug trafficking?
1) Russia–United States border
2) Mexico–United States border
3) Canada–United States border
4) Cuba–United States border
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mexico–United States border
The Pentagon,the headquarters of the United States Department of Defence has notified that it has authorized to shift US $1 billion from a military personnel account to establish a new wall of 57 mile and 18 foot high fence at the southern U.S. Mexico border.This wall would prevent illegal migration and drug trafficking from Mexico.Department of Defense has authorised the Army Corp of Engineers to begin planning and construction for the project.The department will direct the funds towards fencing along the Yuma and El Paso sections of the border.
- Which two countries has signed an agreement to enrich military relations?
1) United States and Canada
2) United States and Russia
3) United States and Mexico
4) United States and Oman
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United States and Oman
The United States Navy has signed an agreement with Oman to use the southern Omani ports which will allow American ships and warplanes to take advantage of omani ports and airports. This deal is aimed at bolstering Omani-American military relations.The deal will benefit the facilities offered at some of the Sultanate’s ports and airports during visits of the US military vessels and aircraft, particularly in the port of Duqm.
- Which city hosted the 16th meeting of the Canada-India Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism and its Expert Sub-group?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ottawa,Canada
The 16th meeting of the Canada-India Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism and its Expert Sub-group was held in Ottawa on 26th and 27th March to provide detailed briefings on their respective nation’s counter-terrorism priorities, strategies and legislative frameworks. The meeting has reviewed the threats posed by terrorist groups worldwide and in their respective countries and regions.In this meeting, India and Canada have signed an agreement on a Joint Action Plan outlining to strengthen collaboration in counter-terrorism.
- Name the Bank,which received a capital infusion of Rs 5,042 Crore from the government recently?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Dena Bank
3) Vijaya Bank
4) Union Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bank of Baroda
On 28th March 2019, The government has decided to infuse a capital of 5,042 crore rupees into state-owned Bank of Baroda ahead of its merger with two other public sector lenders Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank,with Bank of Baroda which would be effective from 1st April 2019.With this initiative, the share price of Bank of Baroda rose 6.21% to 129.10 compared to the previous close of 121.55 on BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange).According to the Scheme of Amalgamation, shareholders of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will get 402 equity shares and 110 equity shares of BoB respectively for every 1,000 shares held.
- Which Ministry has unveiled a blockchain based e-marketplace for coffee farmers?
1) Corporate Affairs Ministry
2) Commerce Ministry
3) Finance Ministry
4) Home Affairs Ministry
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Commerce Ministry
The commerce ministry has unveiled a blockchain-based coffee e-marketplace which will facilitate farmers to integrate with markets to get aware of fair prices for the commodity.It will reduce the number of layers between coffee growers and buyers and help farmers double their income.
- Tashigang,became the world’s highest polling station belongs to which state?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Himachal Pradesh
Tashigang at an altitude of 15,256 feet has now became the world’s highest polling station in the sleepy hamlet of Buddhist-dominated Lahaul-Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh.Tashigang polling station falls in one of the 17 assembly segments that form the Mandi Lok Sabha seat.This polling station covers two villages of Tashigang and Gete. As per the revised electoral rolls, the two villages have 48 voters, of which 30 are men and 18 women.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director of Hitachi Payment Services?
1) Sumil Vikamsey
2) Shyam Sunder
3) Rustom Irani
4) Loney Antony
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rustom Irani
On 29th March 2019, Rustom Irani, the CEO of Cash Business of Hitachi Payment has been appointed as the new Managing Director of Hitachi Payment Services Pvt. Ltd. (Hitachi Payments). He will succeed Loney Antony.Rustom served as the Chief Operations Officer of Hitachi Payment Services, before assuming the role of the CEO of the company’s Cash Business in April 2018.He worked with MindTree as the Senior Vice President in the IMTS business, also worked with Sify, Yahoo India, and Citibank India’s Technology Division.
- Name the Nutrition company, which has roped Indian Test Cricketer Mayank Agarwal as its Brand Ambassador.
2) Free Life
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fast&Up
On 29th March 2019, Indian Test Cricketer, Mayank Agarwal, appointed as Brand Ambassador of Aeronutrix’s Fast&Up Rope for the growth of the fast-moving healthcare goods business in India.He has a record of making 1000 runs on the domestic season in 2017-18, within a single month.This sports nutrition brand is backed by innovative Swiss technology.
- Which of the following organization became India’s second largest Govt-owned Financial Firm after acquiring Rural Electrification Corporation Limited?
1) Life Insurance Corporation of India(LIC)
2) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
3) Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India Limited (ECGC)
4) Balmer Lawrie Investments Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
After acquiring majority stake in REC Ltd (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited), centre backed Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has become the India’s second largest Govt-owned Financial Firm after State Bank of India (SBI), based on market capitalization. PFC has bought the 52.63% controlling stake in REC through Rs 14,500 crore deal with Union government.The REC’ shares were acquired at Rs139.50 per equity share price. 70% of the deal was financed through cash inflows and the balance through debt.This acquisition has impacted union government beneficially, as it exceeded the disinvestment target of Rs 80,000 crore for the fiscal year 2018-19.
- Name the hyper-local connectivity app, launched in Mumbai which is used to connect the users to their neighborhood people.
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bhonga
A hyper-local connectivity app called “Bhonga” has been developed by Mumbai-based Company Linkus Infratech, to connect users to their neighborhood people in the city even without an Internet connection.“Bhonga” is a Marathi word which means megaphone or loudspeaker.This app automatically provides the lists the user living within the radius of one kilometre. The app supports voice notes as well as photos.Anyone can open their phone and send a message that is delivered to other users in the neighbourhood, wherever they are.The app is available for Android as well as iOS users and supports Hindi and English languages.
- According to the “State of the Global Climate in 2018” report,released by World Meteorological Organization (WMO),2018 was ________ warmest year?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Fourth
On 28th March 2019,a new report on ‘the state of the Global Climate in 2018’, of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has warned that the physical and socio-economic impacts of climate change are accelerating day by day.It is the 25th annual record of the Global climate.In this report, there is a significant impact on temperatures, as 2018 was the fourth warmest year on record, and almost 1 degree C above from the period of 1850 to 1900.It was reported that for the effect of greenhouse gases, temperatures may increase up to 3 – 5 degrees C compared to the previous record by the end of the century also, the sea levels were 3.7 milimeters higher than in 2017. In 1994, when the statement was first released, the Carbon dioxide levels were at 357.0 parts per million but in 2017, it was 405.5 parts per million. Also, it is expected that greenhouse gas concentrations will increase in upcoming years. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned countries to come with concrete plans at an upcoming climate summit, which will be held on 23 September to tackle the climate crisis.
- Name the mixed team tennis tournament which was replaced by the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Team Cup after 31 years.
1) Hopman Cup
2) Laver Cup
3) Fed Cup
4) Davis Cup
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hopman Cup
On 28th March 2019, the unique mixed teams Hopman Cup (Tennis tournament) in Perth has been replaced by the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Team Cup after 31 years.Now three cities Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth will host the new men-only tournament (ATP World Team Cup) final.The ATP world team cup will be played from 3rd January for 10 days in the lead-up to the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, which will start in 2020.Hopman Cup was named after Australian tennis player Harry Hopman. This year Swiss pair Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic won the Cup.
- Australia’s Tim Cahill retired from his Football Career.He played in which of the following club in Indian Super League(ISL)?
1) Delhi Dynamos FC
2) Jamshedpur FC
3) Chennaiyin FC
4) Kerala Blasters FC
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jamshedpur FC
Australia’s top goalscorer, 39-year-old, Tim Cahill has announced his retirement from football to focus on a career in media and coaching.He retired from International Football last year. The Final stint of Tim Cahill came in India playing for Jamshedpur FC at the end of the 2018-19 season.
- Name the Chelsea and Argentina striker,who retired from international football recently.
1) Juan Sebastian Veron
2) Franco Di Santo
3) Hernan Crespo
4) Gonzalo Higuain
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gonzalo Higuain
On 29th March 2019, 31 years old Chelsea and Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain has announced his retirement from international football citing family reasons. Gonzalo.He was born on 10th December 1987 in Brest, France ii. He scored 31 goals in 75 Argentina appearances.Last year at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, he played for Argentina where they defeated Nigeria 2-1.
- Who was appointed as the head coach of the Malta national cricket team for an ICC qualifying tournament?
1) Ravi Shastri
2) Bharat Arun
3) Rajkumar Sharma
4) Sanjay Bangar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rajkumar Sharma
Virat Kohli’s childhood coach Rajkumar Sharma has been appointed the head coach of the Malta national cricket team for an ICC qualifying tournament. “There is a three-nation divisional tournament of the ICC from March 29 to 31 in Spain. Malta, Estonia and hosts Spain will take part.
- Which country has signed security agreement with Qatar for ensuring safety in the FIFA (The Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Cup 2022 event?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) France
On 28th March 2019, FIFA (The Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Cup 2022 security agreement aimed at building a strategic partnership for the preparation of the world cup and management of the security of event, signed between Qatar and France. The agreement was signed after the meeting of Qatar Prime Minister, Sheikh Abdallah bin Khalifa al-Thani and French Prime minister, Edouard Philippe.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Indian Fiscal Federalism”?
1) Y.V. Reddy
2) G.R. Reddy
3) NK Singh
4) Both 1 and 3
5) Both 1 and 2Answer – 5) Both 1 and 2
The Governor of Reserve Bank of India, Shaktikanta Das launched the book “Indian Fiscal Federalism” authored by Dr. Y.V. Reddy and G.R. Reddy. The launch event of the book was addressed by the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission NK Singh, in New Delhi. Dr. Y.V. Reddy has served as the Governor of RBI during 2003-2008 and as the Chairman of the 14th Finance Commission of India.Dr. G.R. Reddy is serving as the Advisor (Finance) to the Government of Telangana.
- Name the Veteran journalist, academician, social worker and columnist,who has passed away at the age 82 in Jorhat, Assam.
1) Navin Nishchal
2) Shujaat Bukhari
3) Prafulla Rajguru
4) Chandan Tiwari
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Prafulla Rajguru
Veteran journalist, academician, social worker and columnist Prafulla Rajguru has passed away at the age 82 due to hip injury in Jorhat, Assam.In 1997, he had retired as the head of the English department from DCB Girls College in Jorhat, and then he joined Assamese daily ‘Amar Asom’, where he served till year 2000.He was also the founder President of Jorhat Press Club and served as its adviser till his death.
- Activist HS D’Lima who fought against illegal constructions and slumification passed away recently belong to which state?
2) New Delhi
3) West Bengal
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Maharashtra
On 26th March 2019, Mumbai activist HS D’Lima who fought against illegal constructions and slumification of Mumbai’s gaothans passed away at the age of 84 years.He was from Andheri Gaothan, Maharashtra.He was attacked with knives and stabbed in the back because of his activism against noise pollution.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of United States?Capital- Washington, D.C. & Currency- US Dollar
- Who is the Prime Minister of Canada?Justin Trudeau
- What is the tagline of Bank of Baroda?India’s International Bank
- Who is the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh?Shri Jai Ram Thakur.
- Where is the headquarter of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) located?Geneva, Switzerland