AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 27 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which two countries have signed an MoU on Antarctic Cooperation to help Scientific Cooperation in the field of Earth Sciences?
1) India and South Africa
2) India and South Korea
3) India and Argentina
4) India and Morocco
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India and Argentina
Union Cabinet was apprised about the Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Argentine in February 2019 on Antarctic Cooperation to help Scientific Cooperation on projects in the field of Earth Sciences. It will also help in the protection and conservation of Antarctica and Southern Oceans.
- Which of the following fields are signed by India and Morocco recently?
1) Cooperation on youth affairs
2) To promote exchange of information and technical cooperation in the field of Housing and Human Settlement
3) To promote bilateral cooperation between the startups of both countries.
4) Both 1 and 2
5) Both 2 and 3Answer – 4) Both 1 and 2
2 MoU’s are signed:
i.Union Cabinet was Cabinet apprised about the MoU signed between India and Morocco for cooperation on youth matters. The MoU will strengthen and encourage cooperation between the two countries on youth matters.
ii. Union Cabinet chaired by Shri Narendra Modi was apprised about MoU signed between India and Morocco to promote exchange of information and technical cooperation in the field of Housing and Human Settlement.
- Name the country which has received an ex-post facto approval from Indian cabinet for an MoU on Startup Cooperation.
2) Saudi Arabia
3) Republic of Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Republic of Korea
Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the MoU signed in February between India and Republic of Korea on Startup Cooperation. It will facilitate and promote bilateral cooperation between the startups of both countries.
- Which of the following is named as ‘Young Scientist Programme’,that initiated by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?
1) YUva VIgyani KAryakram– (Yuvika)
2) Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram (RYSK)
3) Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD)
4) National Young Leaders Programme (NYLP)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) YUva VIgyani KAryakram– (Yuvika)
On the lines of Centre Govt mission “Jai Vigyan, Jai Anusandhan”, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has initiated Young Scientist Programme named “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” – (Yuvika) for school children with a purpose to enhance their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities by imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications. This two week long programme is regarded as “Catch them young”. The programme will be of two weeks duration during summer holidays (second half of May 2019) and is scheduled to be held at 4 centers of ISRO.Students of 9th standard (in the academic year 2018-19) and waiting to join 10th Std (or just joined 10th Std) are eligible for the online registration from 25 March 2019 (1800 hrs) to 03 April 2019 (1800 hrs).The selection is based on the 8th Standard academic performance and extracurricular activities.The expenses of the selected students during the entire course will be borne by ISRO.
- Union Cabinet approved creation of additional posts of three Judicial Members and three Technical Members in which of the following quasi-judicial body in India?
1) Income Tax Appellate Tribunal
2) National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
3) National Human Rights Commission of India
4) National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
On 27th March 2019, Union Cabinet approved the creation of additional posts of three Judicial Members and three Technical Members in the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT). It will ensure the time frame for disposal of cases and will also meet the mandate provided to NCLAT by the Finance Act, 2017, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code(IBC), 2016 and the Companies Act 2013.The additional posts will be created in Level 17 which is equal to Rs 2,25,000 as fixed plus allowances as admissible. The total financial involvement will be Rs 2,27,82,096.The tribunal hears appeals against rulings of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- Which Asset management company launched Bharat Consumption Scheme recently?
1) HDFC Mutual Fund
2) SBI Mutual Fund
3) Tata Mutual Fund
4) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
on 26th March 2019, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launched ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Scheme to get advantage from the Indian consumption market, which is considered as one of the fastest growing consumption markets globally.Nifty India Consumption Index is the benchmark for the Scheme.It will be managed by Rajat Chandak, Dharmesh Kakkad and Priyanka Khandelwal will manage the overseas investments.The offer will open on 26th March and close on 9th April 2019.Features of this scheme are: Minimum investment of this scheme is Rs 5,000 and in multiples of one rupee thereafter. Penalty for leaving the scheme is 1 percent if investments are redeemed within 12 months from the date of allotment.
- Name the agri-digital platform launched by Bank of Baroda along with 6 other firms.
1) Baroda Digi
2) Baroda Agri
3) Baroda Kisan
4) Baroda Shakthi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Baroda Kisan
Bank of Baroda has signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) with six firms namely Skymet Weather Services, Weather Risk Management Services, BigHaat, Agrostar India, EM3 Agri Services and Poorti Agri Services to develop “Baroda Kisan”. It will provide solutions for all major agricultural requirements through its holistic approach. The execution of the platform will be done by IT Centre of Excellence (ITCoE) of Bank of Baroda in partnership with IBM India.
- How much percent of India’s energy demand has increased in 2018 according to International Energy Agency (IEA)’s Global Energy & CO2 status report?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 4%
In accordance with the International Energy Agency (IEA)’s Global Energy & CO2 status report, India’s energy demand has surpassed the global demand growth in 2018. India’s primary demand increased 4% in 2018 in comparison to energy consumption worldwide grew by 2.3%. This accounts for 11 per cent of global demand growth.The growth in India was led by coal for power generation and oil for transport.
- Which country has signed an Inter-Governmental Agreement for exchange of Country-by-Country (CbC) reports to check the tax evasions of Multinational Companies with India?
2) United States
3) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United States
On 27th March 2019, India and United States signed an Inter-Governmental Agreement for exchange of Country-by-Country (CbC) reports to check the tax evasions of Multinational Companies in income allocation and taxes paid.MNEs with revenue of 750 million Euros(5500 cr) or more per annum are required to file CbC reports in their parent entity’s jurisdiction. The Bilateral Competent Authority Arrangement for exchange of CbC reports will enable the countries to automatically exchange the reports filed by the ultimate parent entities of Multi National Enterprises (MNEs).The Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes, PC Mody and US Ambassador to India, Kenneth Juster signed the agreement.India has been enabled with 62 jurisdictions by signing the Multilateral Component Authority Agreement (MCAA) earlier.The CbC reports requires MNCs to provide information about the name of each country where it operates, names of Subsidiaries and affiliates, performance of each Subsidiary, tax charge in accounts, detail of cost and net book value of fixed asset and gross and net assets details.
- Who was re-elected as the President of Comoros?
1) Ikililou Dhoinine
2) Mohamoudou Ahamada
3) Azali Assoumani
4) Combo Ayouba
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Azali Assoumani
On 26th March 2019, Azali Assoumani was re-elected as the President of Comoros after defeating his closest rival, Mohamoudou Ahamada in the election held by the electoral commission of the Indian Ocean Archipelago.66 years old, Azali Assoumani who first took office in 2016, was credited with 60.77 percent votes whereas Mohamoudou Ahamada got only 14.62 percent votes.
- How many members are newly appointed in anti-corruption ombudsman Lokpal?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 8
On 27th March 2019, eight newly appointed members of the anti-corruption ombudsman Lokpal has took oath of office which was administered by Lokpal Chairperson, Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose. The four judicial members are former Chief Justices – Dilip B Bhosale, Pradip Kumar Mohanty, Abhilasha Kumari and the Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court Ajay Kumar Tripathi. The non-judicial members are former first women chief of Sashastra Seema Bal, Archana Ramasundaram, ex-Maharashtra Chief Secretary, Dinesh Kumar Jain, former IPS officer, Mahendra Singh and ex-IAS officer, Indrajeet Prasad Gautam. Lokpal which means caretaker of people is an anti-corruption authority or body of ombudsman who represents the public interest in the Republic of India.
- Rajesh Pendharkar has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding of which Naval Area?
1) Maharashtra Naval Area
2) Karnataka Naval Area
3) Goa Naval Area
4) Gujarat Naval Area
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Maharashtra Naval Area
On 26th March 2019, Rear Admiral Rajesh Pendharkar has been appointed as the Flag Officer Commanding Maharashtra Naval Area.He will succeed Rear Admiral Puneet Kumar Bahl, VSM.He was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Jan 1987 and he is an Anti-Submarine Warfare specialist.He has experience as Executive Officer of missile corvette INS Kirpan, and missile destroyer INS Mysore. He also holds his experience as command of missile corvette INS Kora, missile frigate INS Shivalik and the aircraft carrier INS Viraat.Also, he is a recipient of the Vishisht Seva Medal for distinguished service.
- Who was appointed as the coach of Indian Men’s basketball team?
1) Akilan Pari
2) Veselin Matic
3) Satnam Singh
4) Amjyot Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Veselin Matic
On 25th March 2019, veteran coach Veselin Matic (58) has been appointed as the national men’s basketball team coach by Basketball Federation of India.He will succeed Zoran Visic, who is currently on the charge of coach of Indian women’s basketball team. He led Iran to their Asian Championship title in 2009 which they won after beating China and also led to their first ever World Championship qualification in 2010.He not only coached Iran, Syria but also coached the Polish and Lebanese Basketball teams previously.
- Where did Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test Anti-Satellite (ASAT) missile(“Mission Shakti”)?
1) Advanced Naval Systems Laboratory,Hyderabad
2) Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur, Odisha
3) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha
4) Integrated Test Range (ITR),Visakhapatnam
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha
On 27 March 2019, India has proved its capability of defending its outer space assets after Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has conducted a successful Anti-Satellite (ASAT) missile test “Mission Shakti” from the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island (earlier, Wheeler island) in Odisha. It took just 3 minute.
- Which country launched the Anti-intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) system recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) US
On 26th March 2019, The US Missile Defence Agency had successfully tested an anti-intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) system, which was launched with a target from the Marshall Islands shot down by two interceptors based in California.The US Missile Defence Agency has developed the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system to protect against the threat from ICBMs. This GMD system designed to fire an interceptor missile into space and use kinetic energy to destroy the incoming target.In 2017 North Korea became the latest entrant to the ICBM club after it tested the Hwasong-15, which is capable of reaching the whole US mainland.
- India becomes _____ country after testing anti-satellite weapons test?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 4th
There are many countries which have A-SAT capability but it has been demonstrated by only 4 countries: United States, Russia, China and India. The target was hit by the DRDO developed Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) Interceptor Missile, in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) in a “Hit to Kill” mode at a height of 300 km from the earth’s surface. The satellite used as target in the mission was one of India’s existing satellites.Mission Shakti is a joint programme of DRDO and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Which technology company launched two new tools called “Candidate Connect” and “Share You Voted” to boost electoral process?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Facebook
On 27th March 2019, Facebook launched two new tools called “Candidate Connect” and “Share You Voted”, specifically for Indian users to encourage civic engagement on its platform during the general elections 2019. Facebook.A new video feature “Candidate Connect” enable voters to see 20-second videos from candidates in their constituencies and the “Share You Voted” which will help people to find polling station information. The moves will help to prevent fake news and to make sure that it doesn’t impact the general election in India.These new tools are available in 12 local languages across India.
- Nikki Bella announced her retirement of which sport recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Wrestling
The 35 years old, American professional wrestler, Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace aka Nikki Bella has announced her retirement from WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment).Earlier this month, her twin sister Brie also announced her retirement.In 2007, she was signed for the WWE and did her debut in November 2008.She has won the WWE Divas Championship twice.
- Name the American songwriter and producer,who passed away recently at the age of 76.
1) Scott Walker
2) Curtis Mayfield
3) James Ingram
4) Skip Haynes
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Scott Walker
On 26th March 2019, American songwriter and producer Scott Walker passed away at the age of 76 years after fighting a prolonged battle with cancer.He was born in Noel Scott Engel in Hamilton, Ohio in 1943.His real name was Noel Scott Engel.He was joined the Walker Brothers for a final album together in the 1980s and he was popularly known for the hit song “The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”.
- Spinner,Coach and Commentator of Cricket,Bruce Yardley passed away at the age of 71.He belongs to which country?
1) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Australia
On 27th March 2019, Former Australian Spinner, Coach and commentator, Bruce Yardley died following a prolonged fight with Cancer at the age of 71. Bruce Yardley was born on 5th September 1947 in Midland, Western Australia. He played 33 Tests and 7 ODIs for Australia as an off-spinner. He was known for his ten-wicket haul against West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 1982.
- Name the Malayalam writer,poet and Kerala Sahitya Akademi Awardee for her story collection Ashitayude Kathakal in 2015 passed away recently.
1) Nargis Rabadi
2) Kalpana Lajmi
4) Rita Bhaduri
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ashita
On 27th March 2019, veteran Malayalam writer and poet Ashita passed away at the age of 63 at a private hospital in Thrissur , Kerala after fighting a prolonged battle with cancer. She was born on 5th April, 1956, in Thrissur, Kerala.She was awarded with the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for her story collection Ashitayude Kathakal in 2015, the prestigious Padmarajan Award – Thathagatha (2000), Lalithambika Antharjanam Award (1994) and Edaserri Award (1986).
- When was World Theatre Day observed?
1) 24th March
2) 25th March
3) 26th March
4) 27th March
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 27th March
World Theatre Day is celebrated every year on 27th March by the ITI (International Theatre Institute) centres and International theatre community. It is initiated by International Theatre Institute in 1961. Every year, various national and international theatre events are organized on this day.Also ITI selects an outstanding theatre personality to write the message for World Theatre Day. For 2019, famous theatre director, playwright, academic and faculty member, Carlos CELDRAN from Cuba was selected as the speaker of World Theatre Day message 2019.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Morocco?Capital – Rabat & Currency – Dirham.
- Who is the President of Republic of Korea?Moon Jae-in
- Where is the Headquarter of ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund located?Mumbai
- What is the tagline of Bank of Baroda?India’s International Bank
- Where is Chandoli National Park located?Maharashtra