AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 25 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which Indian think tank organize a FinTech Conclave in New Delhi recently?
1) Centre for Land Warfare Studies
2) Centre for Science and Environment
3) NITI Aayog
4) Research Foundation for Governance in India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) NITI Aayog
On 25th March, NITI Aayog has organized a FinTech Conclave at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi. The Conclave was inaugurated by RBI Governor, Shaktikanta Das. The motive of the conference was to shape India’s continued ascendancy in FinTech, build the narrative for future procedure and policy efforts, and to deliberate steps for complete financial inclusion.The Conclave has attributed 300 representatives from the financial space including central ministries, regulators, bankers, startups, service providers and entrepreneurs.Discussions were held on the themes such as Digital Onboarding of Customers/Merchants for Financial Inclusion, Building Financial Products for Millennial India, Emerging Areas of FinTech, Fast Tracking Investments in FinTech Industry and Financial Inclusion of MSMEs.
- What is the rank of India in the Energy Transition index 2019 released by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 76th
On 25th March 2019, India ranks 76th (among 115 countries) on a global energy transition index which was compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF), based on their energy system performance and affordability.
- Which country topped in the second edition of WEF global Energy Transition index 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Swedan
The top three performers are Sweden, followed by Switzerland and Norway.In the second edition of the Energy Transition Index, India improved its rank by two points from last year (2018) higher than China (82nd).Despite the fact that India has high pollution levels and high CO2 intensity amongst these 115 countries, it has made a significant improvement in its energy access and regulations in recent years.In the BRICS block of emerging economies, After Brazil (rank 46th) India ranked second best. Among the major economies, UK ranked 7th, Singapore ranked 13th, Germany ranked 17th, Japan ranked 18th and the US ranked 27th in this index.India scored low in terms of system performance (ranking 97 and 86, respectively), but it ranks considerably higher in terms of readiness to adapt to future energy needs (45 and 61 respectively).
- Who is the head of 5-member committee, that is constituted by RBI to strengthen digital payments?
1) Nandan Nilekani
2) Shaktikanta Das
3) Urjit Patel
4) Viral Acharya
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nandan Nilekani
On 25th March 2019 Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed 5-member committee under the chairmanship of Nandan Nilekani to strengthen digital payments as well as to boost financial inclusion through Financial Technology.It will provide recommendations in 3 months.The decision regarding the formation of committee was taken during the first event of Financial Technology (Fintech) Conclave, which was organized by NITI Aayog in New Delhi.The purpose of the event was to shape India’s predominance in FinTech, build the future strategy and policy to uplift the financial inclusion.With the revolution in the FinTech sector India’s aim is to emerge as a 10 trillion dollar economy.Financial technology, popularly known as FinTech, is the new technology and innovation to make financial services more accessible for the common people. Mobile banking, internet banking, digital payment are examples of Financial technologies.
- Name the organization presenting National Academy Awards to promote visual arts such as painting, sculpture and graphics etc.
1) National Center For Performing Arts (NCPA)
2) Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
3) Lalit Kala Academy
4) Indian Numismatic Historical and Cultural Research Foundation (INHCRF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Lalit Kala Academy
On 22nd March, Lalit Kala Akademi (LKA) announced 15 winners of the 60th Annual Academy Awards. All the awardees will be honoured with a plaque, a shawl and prize money of Rs 1 lakh at the 60th National Exhibition of Art, scheduled from March 25 to April 8 at the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) and Sir JJ School of Art in mumbai.Click here for winner list.
- Who was conferred with Global Teacher Prize 2019?
1) Nurten Akkus
2) Marjorie Brown
3) Glenn Lee
4) Peter Tabichi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Peter Tabichi
Peter Tabichi, a Kenyan math and physics teacher and a member of the Franciscan religious order has been conferred with the prestigious $1 million Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize for 2019 at a ceremony in Dubai hosted by Hollywood actor, Hugh Jackman. Peter Tabichi gives away 80 per cent of his monthly income to the poor.The award recognises the “exceptional” teacher’s commitment to pupils in a remote part of Kenya’s Rift Valley.
- Naresh Goyal,who recently resigned from the board was founder of which airlines?
1) Jet Airways
3) Air India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jet Airways
Naresh Goyal, the founder of Jet Airways (India) Ltd, has resigned from the board of the troubled airline after a meeting with the airlines board of directors. The lenders will immediately pump in about Rs.1,500 crore into Jet Airways by way of issue of appropriate debt instruments against security of assets. A bidding process will be initiated by lenders for issuing shares to a new investor in Jet Airways in June.
- Who was re-elected as the president of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI)?
1) Ugur Erdener
2) Riccardo Fraccari
4) Poul Erik Hoyer Larsen
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) K.Govindaraj
On 24th March, 2019, K. Govindaraj has been unanimously re-elected as president of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) at its annual general-body meeting.Govindaraj announced that a new six-team women’s league will be held in next three months.He has declared to give proposal on restructure the National championships in the next 45 days and intend to have a zone-wise competition before the final round.
- Name the manufacturer of Chinook helicopters that was recently inducted into Indian Air Force(IAF)?
1) Lockheed Martin, Washington DC
2) Boeing, United States
3) Raytheon, United States
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Boeing, United States
On the lines of Indo-US deal inked in September 2015 for the purchase of 15 Chinooks by India, the first four heavy lift CH-47F (I) Chinook helicopters were inducted in the Indian Air Force, at Air Force Station, Chandigarh, in Squadron No 126 Helicopter Flight. These multi-role helicopters will act as life-saver during HADR (humanitarian assistance and disaster relief) missions.Regarded as one of the most modern heavy lift chopper, the payload capacity of Chinook is about 10 tonne, as it is able to lift artillery, vehicles, road construction and engineer equipment as well as troops and supplies to mountainous sectors. It can also lift M-777 ultra-light howitzers of the Indian armed forces.India has purchased 15 Chinooks for $1.5 billion. The delivery of remaining helicopters is expected to be completed by 2023.The manufacturer of Chinook is Boeing Defense, Space & Security, US.
- Which online payment system has tied up with US-based e-commerce platform eBay to manage payment option?
1) Amazon Pay
3) Google Pay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Google Pay
US-based e-commerce platform eBay has partnered with Google to offer Google Pay as a form of payment option in its new “managed payments” plan. The collaboration will enhance customer experience tailored to their personal preferences. The partnership will enable customers with Google Pay accounts to check out without leaving the platform. But it will only be available on products sold by sellers who are participating in the managed payments programme.Earlier, eBay added Apple Pay as a payment method under its managed payments programme.
- Name the app launched by Election Commission of Maharashtra for the beneficial of Divyang voters in the state.
1) RTV(Right to Vote)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) PWD
To make voting easier and to implement poll body’s slogan of Accessible Elections, Election Commission has come up with a new mobile application called “PWD” On 25th March 2019 across Maharashtra, for over two lakhs Divyang voters.This mobile app provides information such as the location of voting booth as well as provide special facilities such as wheelchairs, ramps and transport from home for registered Divyang voters during the next month’s Lok Sabha elections.
- Which city became the world’s first city to install wireless, induction-based charging stations?
4) Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Oslo,Norway
Oslo, the capital city of Norway will become the world’s first city to install wireless, induction-based charging stations for its fleet of electric taxis with an aim to have a zero-emission cab system by the year 2023. Finland’s utility company ‘Fortum’ will collaborate with U.S. company Momentum Dynamics and the government of Oslo to install induction charging plates in the roads that allow for charging up to 75 kilowatts.Norway wants all new cars to be zero emission by 2025 whereas other nations, like Britain and France have similar goals for 2040.
- Which country won the 2019 Badminton Asia mixed team trophy?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
The 2nd edition of Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships aka Tong Yun Kai Cup 2019 was held in Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Hong Kong. The championship was organized by Badminton Asia and Hong Kong Badminton Association. China has grabbed the championship by defeating Japan with 3-2. In the mixed doubles, Chinese pair He Jiting and Du Yue has defeated apanese pair Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino by 21-17, 21-17.In the men’s doubles, Yugo Kobayashi and Takuro Hoki of China beat Han Chengkai and Zhou Haodong of Japan by 16-21, 21-18, 21-13.In the women’s doubles, Li Yinhui and Du Yue won for China by beating Ayako Sakuramoto and Yukiko Takahata with 21-16, 21-19.
- Name the Radio commentator,winner of Paris’s ‘Queen of Folk’ award and Folk Artiste who passed away recently.
1) Peter Brackley
2) Jasdev Singh
3) Clinton Grybas
4) Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi
Kala Prapoorna awardee, Vinjamuri Anasuya Devi passed away at the age of 99 due to illness at Houston, USA. She was an eminent folk artist, radio commentator, harmonium player, music composer and author.Originally hailed from Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, she got her first gramophone record at the age of 8 years.Her two books, Bava Geetalu, a compilation of Folk Songs was released in 2018.In 1977, she was honored with a Doctorate by Andhra University. She was also an awardee of lifetime achievement award in America and ‘Queen of Folk’ award in Paris.
- South Asian singer Shahnaz Rahmatullah passed away at the age of 67 years.She belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bangladesh
On 24th March renowned South Asian singer, Shahnaz Rahmatullah Popularly known as Shahnaz Begum (aged 67 years), passed away at her Baridhara residence Dhaka, Bangladesh after suffering a heart attack. She was born on January 2, 1952, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. She was awarded with National Film Awards (best female singer) in 1990 and Ekushey Padak the second highest civilian award in Bangladesh in 1992.
- What was the theme of International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2019?
1) Theme -“Remember Slavery: The Power of the Arts for Justice”
2) Theme -“Remember Slavery: Triumphs and Struggles for Freedom and Equality”
3) Theme -“Breaking the Silence, Lest We Forget”
4) Theme -“Women and Slavery”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme -“Remember Slavery: The Power of the Arts for Justice”
On 25th March 2019, International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade was observed all over the world to raise awareness about the dangers of racism and to honour and to remember people who suffered for the slavery system. The theme for International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2019 was “Remember Slavery: The Power of the Arts for Justice”.The day was first observed in 2008, which was recognized by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) after adopting a resolution in 2007.
- When was the International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members observed?
1) 23rd March
2) 24th March
3) 25th March
4) 22nd March
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 25th March
On 25th March 2019, International Day of Solidarity with detained and missing staff members was observed all over the world to mark the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a former journalist who was kidnapped by armed gunman in 1985. The day aims to prepare action, demand justice and to protect UN staff,peacekeepers and the workers in non-governmental community and the press.Alec Collett worked for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of World Economic Forum (WEF)is located?Cologny, Switzerland
- Who is the Chief Minister of Maharashtra?Devendra Fadnavis
- When was the Lalit Kala Akademi established?1954
- Who is the chief Election Commissioner of India?Sunil Arora
- Where is Chandoli National Park located?Maharashtra