AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 23 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which country has received financial grant from India, for constructing educational campus to boost the learning environment of the students?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nepal
India extended a financial grant of 35.5 million Nepalese rupees to Nepal for the construction of an educational campus to boost the learning environment of the students. The educational campus was jointly inaugurated by District Coordination Committee and Campus management committee on 22nd March 2019. It was made under the Development Partnership Programme which is administered by the Development Administration Partnership division of the Ministry of External Affairs. The building was constructed at Siddheshwar Education Public Campus in Ramechhap district. It consists of 12 class rooms, meeting hall, laboratory room and a library.
- According to the world airport traffic rankings 2018 by Airports Council International (ACI),which Indian airport became the 12th busiest airport in the world?
1) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
2) Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA)
3) Kempegowda International Airport
4) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA)
In accordance with the preliminary world airport traffic rankings for 2018 released by Airports Council International (ACI), the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) of New Delhi has elevated 4 ranks to reach at 12th spot in terms of busiest airport as compared to 2017’s 16 spot. The list of world’s busiest airports by passenger traffic ranking has been topped by Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (US) followed by Beijing Capital International Airport (China) and Dubai International Airport (UAE).In 2018, India has followed US and China to become the world’s third-largest aviation market in terms of passenger throughput.
- Government crosses disinvestment target for the financial year 2018-19 by _________ crore against its target Rs.80000 crore.
1) 5000 crore
2) 10000 crore
3) 2000 crore
4) 7000 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 5000 crore
On 23rd March 2019, Government outreached its disinvestment target of Rs 80,000 crore for the current financial year (2018-19) by Rs 5,000 crore.The disinvestment target has been fixed at Rs 90,000 crore for the next financial year (i.e. FY 2020).This is the second time in a row that Government has been able to hit the target.
- Name the India’s first forest certification scheme,which gets global recognition by a Geneva based non-profit firm.
1) Certification Standard for Habitat restoration and improvement
2) Certification Standard for Sustainable Forest Management
3) Certification Standard for Protection and Conservation measures
4) Certification Standard for Mitigation of Human Wildlife Conflict
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Certification Standard for Sustainable Forest Management
On 22nd March 2019, the forest certification scheme ‘Certification Standard for Sustainable Forest Management (SFM)’ developed by the Network for Certification and Conservation of Forest (NCCF) got global recognition by a Geneva based non-profit firm. The decision was made through a postal ballot by the council of Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) which is an international non-profit firm that provides independent third party certification for Sustainable Forest Management. The Government has emphasized the importance of buying products made from certified wood for promoting sustainable forest management under the Green Good Deeds Movement. iv.Sustainable Forest Management Certificates become mandatory for exports as several developed countries have put trade restrictions on import of non-timber forest products, non-certified timber and wood based goods into their countries.
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh was appointed as the Fleet commander in which of the following Naval command?
1) Andaman & Nicobar Command
2) Southern Naval Command
3) Eastern Naval Command
4) Western Naval Command
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Western Naval Command
Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, NM took over as the Western Fleet Commander, the “Sword Arm” of the Indian Navy. He will succeed Rear Admiral MA Hampiholi, AVSM, NM who has been appointed as Director General Naval Operations in the rank of Vice Admiral.Initiated his career in 1986, the Navigation and Direction specialist, Sanjay Jasjit Singh is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla.
- Who was appointed as the 24th chief of naval staff of India?
1) Robin K Dhowan
2) Devendra Kumar Joshi
3) Karambir Singh
4) Nirmal Kumar Verma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Karambir Singh
On 23rd March 2019, Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the next (24th) chief of naval staff. He will succeed present Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba who retires on May 2019. At present, he is a Flag Officer Commanding in Chief of the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam. He is from Jalandhar in Punjab. He was commissioned into the Indian Navy in July 1980 and after two years he earned his wings as a helicopter pilot.During his 39 years of service, he has flying experience of the HAL Chetak and Kamov Ka-25 helicopters and commanded numerous ships including ICGS Chand Bibi, INS Vijaydurg, INS Rana and INS Delhi.He has been honored with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) and the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM).
- Gafur Rahimov ,who recently resigned was the president of which association?
1) International Boxing Association (amateur)
2) International Gymnastics Federation
3) International Handball Federation
4) International Ice Hockey Federation
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) International Boxing Association (amateur)
On 22nd March 2019, the Amateur International Boxing Federation (AIBA) President Gafur Rahimov announced his resignation claiming that political based discussions were harming the organizations progress.Gafur Rahimov was elected as the President of AIBA four months ago. Boxing was contested in every Summer Olympics except in 1992 Olympics which was held at Stockholm.Rahimov will be replaced by an interim president. The debt of AIBA is $15.6 million for this year when compared to $18 million in last year.International Olympic Committee (IOC) executive board was planning for the Olympic Boxing Tournament of next year which had been frozen and contact suspended between Tokyo 2020 organizing committee and AIBA.
- Name the Artificial Intelligence(AI),that is launched by IIT Madras in partnership with ESPNcricinfo to analyse cricket statistics?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Superstats
On 20th March 2019, Indian Institute of Technology Madras has partnered with ESPNcricinfo to launch Superstats which is a next level artificial intelligence to analyse cricket statistics through machine learning and forecast. Superstats is developed by a team headed by the IIT Madras research scholars Raghunathan, Rengaswamy, Mahesh Panchagnula along with the ESPN team.It will analyse cricket using data science for the first time, give context to every event in a game and also venture new territories such as forecasting and luck.It also reveals the trends and patterns during a game as the actual match data spread on real time. It has combined big data, cricket intelligence and data science to produce a set of numbers which will help the fans to understand and appreciate the game better.
- Which entity has developed a storage device that translates digital information into the DNA language with Washington University?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Microsoft
On 22nd March 2018, Microsoft developed a storage device in partnership with the University of Washington that can translate digital information into DNA.The software used in the system converts the 1’s and 0’s of digital data into DNA sequence (A’s, T’s, C’s and G’s) and stored it as a liquid.The device converted the word ‘Hello’ into DNA which took 21 hours.
- Name the Operation launched by India to provide Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) support to Mozambique,which was hit by cyclone IDAI.
1) Operation Sahayata 19
2) Operation Trident 19
3) Operation Cactus 19
4) Operation Parakram 19
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Operation Sahayata 19
Operation Sahayata 2019-India Navy was the first responder in the evolving humanitarian crises in the aftermath of Cyclone IDAI that hit Mozambique on 15 March 2019.Assistance is also being sent to Zimbabwe and Malawi, two other countries hit by the cyclone. Cyclone IDAI made landfall in East & Southern Africa around 15 March 2019 causing widespread destruction and loss of human lives in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi. In response to a request from the Republic of Mozambique, the Government of India immediately diverted 3 Indian naval ships to the port city of Beira. Over the last several days, the 3 Indian ships, INS Sujata, ICGS Sarathi and INS Shardul are undertaking HADR (Humanitarian Assistance Disaster Relief) in coordination with local authorities and the High Commission of India, Maputo. As of now, Indian naval crew has rescued more than 192 people.
- Who was named as the sportsperson of the year in the Annual Telangana Sports Journalist Association (TSJA) for the year 2019?
1) Ashwini Ponnappa
3) Saina Nehwal
4) Jwala Gutta
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Saina Nehwal
On 20th March 2019, Annual Telangana Sports Journalist Association (TSJA) named London Olympics Bronze medalist Saina Nehwal as sportsperson of the year, Pullella Gopichand as Coach of the Year and PV Sindhu as Outstanding Performer in women’s section. Badminton Association of Telangana received Association of the Year award. Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) named for its outstanding contribution to sports while Arjun Erigaisi named as the most promising player at the Annual Telangana Sports Journalist Association Awards.The need of athletes return to the game after their playing days gets stressed during the award function which was held at the Park.
- Lasith Malinga announced his retirement from international cricket after ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020.He belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Srilanka
The 35 years old, limited over’s captain of Sri Lanka, Lasith Malinga, is all set to be retired from international cricket after ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020, to be held in Australia over October-November 2020. He would also quit one-day internationals after the 2019 World Cup in England and Wales.He made his ODI debut in 2004, becoming the first to clinch two World Cup hat-tricks and the first to take three ODI hat-tricks.He is also the only bowler to take four wickets in four consecutive balls.
- Cabinet minister C.S.Shivalli ,who had died recently belongs to which state?
1) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Karnataka
On March 22, Karnataka Minister for Municipal Administration and senior Congress Leader, Channabasappa Sathyappa Shivalli aka “Badavara Bandhu” passed away at the age of 57 due to cardiac arrest, in Hubballi.He was born in Yaraguppi village of Karnataka.He was a three-time MLA from Kundagol constituency in Dharwad district.
- What was the theme of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) 2019?
1) Theme – “Weather-Ready, Climate-Smart”
2) Theme – “The Sun, the Earth and the Weather”
3) Theme – “Understanding Clouds”
4) Theme – “Climate and Water”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “The Sun, the Earth and the Weather”
World Meteorological Day is observed annually on March 23 to commemorate the establishment of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1950. The day also underlines the efforts of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services for the safety and well-being of society. The theme 2019 was “The Sun, the Earth and the Weather”.The day was first observed in 1961.
- When was Martyr’s Day (88th) or Shaheed Diwas observed?
1) 21st March
2) 22nd March
3) 23rd March
4) 20th March
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 23rd March
Martyr’s Day (88th) or Shaheed Diwas observed on 23rd March every year in India to commemorate the death anniversary of three of India’s freedom fighter Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Hari Rajguru and Sukhdev Thapar.On this day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the three freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for the country.On March 23, 1931, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru were hanged by the British Government for killing British police officer John Saunders.They mistook John for Superintendent James Scott who injured Lala Lajpat Rai during a protest against Simon Commission.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change?Harsh Vardhan
- Where is the headquarter of World Meteorological Organization located?Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the CEO of Microsoft Corporation?Satya Nadella
- What is the Capital and Currency of Nepal?Capital: Kathmandu & Currency: Nepalese rupee
- 2019 Cricket World Cup is to be held in which country?England and Wales