AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 22 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- According to Global Economic Outlook by Fitch ratings,what is the growth projection of Indian economy?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 6.8%
Fitch rating in its Global Economic Outlook, has decreased the India’s economic growth forecast to 6.8% from 7% earlier for FY19-20 (1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020).Fitch also slashed GDP growth forecast for FY19 (ending March 2019) to 7.2% from 7.8% that was projected in the December edition.For FY21, the economic growth of India is fore casted at 7.1% from earlier 7.3%.The key reason behind the decrease in growth forecast is the cutting of interest rates by 0.25 percentages by RBI in February 2019 after adapting dovish monetary policy.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has turned down which of the following bank’s proposal to change its name recently?
1) IDBI Bank
2) Dena Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Vijaya Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) IDBI Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has turned down IDBI Bank’s proposal to change its name following the transfer of controlling 51 per cent stake to insurance behemoth LIC from the government of India. The board of IDBI Bank had last month sought RBI’s approval for change in the name of the lender to either LIC IDBI Bank or LIC Bank following the takeover by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC). “The board of directors has in its meeting held on March 19, 2019, taken note of RBI’s communication conveying their inability to accede to bank’s request for change of name of IDBI Bank Limited,” IDBI Bank said in a regulatory filing.
- Name the Indian personality who was not in the list of world’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019.
1) All Options excluding i
2) All Options excluding ii
3) All Options excluding iii
4) All Options excluding iv
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) All Options excluding iv
The “100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy” list is comprised of seven Indian names including Union Ministers Piyush Goyal and Dr Harsh Vardhan, who took important measures to combat climate change.
Other 5 winners
Awardees Designation Mukta Tilak Mayor of Pune Jyoti Kirit Parikh Executive director of Integrated Research and Action for Development Sunita Narain Director of the Centre for Science and the Environment Vandana Shiva Founder of the Research Foundation for Science, Technology, and Natural Resource Policy Upendra Tripathy Director general of the International Solar Alliance
- Who was appointed as the chief financial officer of the Ford Motor Co?
1) Edsel Ford II
2) Tim Stone
3) James Hackett
4) Marcy Klevorn
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Tim Stone
Ford Motor Co named Amazon.com Inc veteran Tim Stone as chief financial officer, the automaker’s first external hire for the role in seven decades. Stone, 52, replaces Bob Shanks, who will retire at the end of 2019 after serving the company for 42 years. Stone held various financial roles at Amazon for two decades, and was most recently CFO of Snapchat messaging app owner, Snap Inc.
- Name the organization,which had appointed Aamir Khan as its Brand Ambassador?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) PhonePe
On 21st March 2019, India’s fastest growing payments platform PhonePe appointed Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan as its brand Ambassador.PhonePe is the official co-presenting sponsor for VIVO IPL 2019. It is planning to launch a series of new advertisements with a mass appeal by its ambassador on the benefits of digital payments.Bangalore headquartered PhonePe is a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based online payment system for electronic fund transfer launch by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of MG Motors for India?
1) Benedict Cumberbatch
2) Tom Hanks
3) Leonardo DiCaprio
4) Christian Bale
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Benedict Cumberbatch
On 20th March 2019, Actor Benedict Cumberbatch was appointed as the brand ambassador of Morris Garages (MG Motors) for its India operation. MG Motor will launch its first car named ‘Hector’ which is a sports utility vehicle (SUV) in India by the end of 2019. The vehicle will be manufactured at the Halol Plant in Gujarat, which was previously owned by General Motors.
- NSEIT acquired Global cyber security company Aujas recently. NSEIT is a Subsidiary of_______________.
1) Bombay Stock Exchange
2) National Stock Exchange
3) London Stock Exchange
4) New York Stock Exchange
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Stock Exchange
On 22nd March 2019, a wholly owned Subsidiary of National Stock Exchange of India, NSEIT decided to acquire a global cyber security company Aujas Networks for an undisclosed sum.It will help Aujas to improve its services and capabilities with a strong focus on helping customers with security challenges. Aujas which is founded in 2008 is operational in the Middle East, North America and India.NSEIT is the IT focused Subsidiary of National Stock Exchange (NSE) which provides technology solutions across industries such as financial markets, capital markets, banking and insurance.
- Name the UPI-Based Payments App launched by the Xiaomi in India.
1) Trans Pay
2) UPI Pay
3) Xi Pay
4) Mi Pay
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mi Pay
On 20th March 2019, Xiaomi launched Mi Pay, a UPI (Unified Payments Interface) Based mobile payment service in India to send money from one bank account to another or between UPI (Unified Payments Interface) accounts.The service provider of this application is ICICI Bank.It was certified by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).A customer can pay various types of bills, make DTH recharge with the help of this application.
- Which of the following mobile application was launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to upload podcast on Class 10, 12 exam evaluation process?
4) Shiksha Vani
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Shiksha Vani
On 22 March 2019, a new application named ‘Shiksha Vani’ was launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to publicize crucial information to students and parents in a timely manner”. As a part of it, the app has already uploaded the circular regarding the evaluation procedure for the 2019 Board Examinations.
- Name the intelligence blockchain,that is to be launched by Intain Fintech for facilitating secure, efficient and trustworthy asset security transactions for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) in India.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) eMulya
An Artificial Intelligence (AI) and block chain based software products firm Intain Fintech will launch eMulya by the end of 2019.eMulya is an intelligence blockchain which facilitates secure, efficient and trustworthy asset securitization transactions for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) in India.eMulya will utilize AI to onboard authenticated loans and asset data to the platform and allows investors originators issuers rating agencies and services to manage the securitization life cycle in complete trust and transparency.Siddhartha S is the founder and CEO of Intain and it has a global Artificial Intelligence lab in Pune.
- Scientist from which institute had designed a way to levitate and propel objects using only light that will help to develop a spacecraft?
1) California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
3) Harvard University
4) Imperial College London
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
By creating nanoscale patterns on the surfaces of objects, Scientists of California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have designed a way to levitate and propel objects using only light.It has been named as “photonic levitation and propulsion” system.This will also help to develop a spacecraft that could reach the nearest planet outside of our solar system in 20 years.The spacecraft which is sized with nanostructures can travel to other stars without having the fuel.The study has been published in journal Nature Photonics.
- According to its recent discovery of NASA, the surface of which asteroid comprises the water and plumes?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bennu
NASA’s spacecraft has discovered an evidence of water and plumes erupting from the surface of asteroid Bennu and will return with a sample in 2023.From the very beginning of our solar system the asteroid Bennu, which is slightly wider than the height of the Empire State Building, may contain unaltered material.The asteroid is more rugged than expected, and for this reason, it challenges the mission team to alter its flight and sample collection plans.On December 2018, NASA’s Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security-Regolith Explorer (OSIRIS-REx) mission, started orbiting the Bennu, a near-Earth asteroid.
- Which country won the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women’s Championship 2019 for the fifth year consecutively?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
On 22nd March 2019, India clinched South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women’s Championship 2019 by defeating Nepal for 3-1 in Biratnagar, Nepal. It was for the fifth time in a row that India won the championship. Indian Midfielder Indumathi Kathiresan and Nepali forward player Sabitra Bhandari became the top scorers in the match with four goals each.The competition was scheduled to host in Sri Lanka in December 2018 which was rescheduled as the former withdrew. Afterwards Nepal hosted the competition in March 2019.A total of six teams participated in the competition which were India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Bhutan. Afghanistan and Pakistan withdrews participation in the fifth edition of SAFF Women’s championship 2019.Since India incepted the championship in 2010, it is India’s 23rd straight victory. Dalmia Chhibber of India scored first goal of the match.
- Name the person,who was 2015 Cricket World Cup highest scorer and was nicknamed as Marty Two Toes.
1) Kane Williamson
2) Martin Guptill
3) Ross Taylor
4) Trent Boult
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Martin Guptill
New Zealand’s Martin Guptill, who in 2015, scored Cricket World Cup’s highest individual score of 237* (163), is nicknamed Marty Two Toes, thanks to one event from his childhood. Reportedly, at the age of 13, his foot was crushed by a forklift. Doctors tried hard to get the feet rectified, but to no vail. They had to amputate three toes and thus he earned his nickname Marty Two Toes.
- Who has been imposed lifetime ban by the World football governing body FIFA?
1) John Terry
2) Emre Belozoglu
3) Luis Chiriboga
4) Luis Suarez
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Luis Chiriboga
World football governing body FIFA has imposed a lifetime ban on 72 years old, former Ecuadorian Football Federation (FEF) President, Luis Chiriboga. He has also fined with million swiss francs ($1.01 million). Luis Chiribogai. He had breached the article 27 (bribery) of the 2018 edition of the FIFA Code of Ethics by accepting bribes in exchange for awarding lucrative media and marketing rights for tournaments.He was also the former member of FIFA’s standing committee and the South American Football Confederation’s (CONMEBOL) executive committee.
- What is the recent official name of European T20 league?
1) Euro T20 Slam
2) Euro T20
3) Euro T20 league
4) European T20 Slam
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Euro T20 Slam
The European T20 competition set to take place in Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands for the first time later this year has been officially named as ‘Euro T20 Slam’. The competition which was unveiled earlier in 2019, will consist of six-city based franchises, two from each of the host nations.
- Which Grand Slam tournament had recently increase prize money by eight percent from 2018?
1) Australian Open
2) Wimbledon Open
3) US Open
4) French Open
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) French Open
French Open remains the Grand Slam event with the least prize money on offer for the winners. The French Open announced an 8% increase to its prize money for the 2019 tournament on Thursday, with the men’s and women’s singles winners to take home 2.3 million euros ($2.62 million). Roland Garros remains the Grand Slam event with the least prize money on offer for the winners, some way short of the $3.8 million claimed by last year’s US Open champions, Novak Djokovic and Naomi Osaka. But French Open tournament director Guy Forget wanted to narrow the gap between the champions and players who exit in the opening week, with first-round losers given a 15-percent rise to 46,000 euros.
- Name the renowned Indian artist and Padma Shri awardee passed away recently at the age of 85 years?
1) Haku Shah
2) Andrew Lesnie
3) Peter Dickinson
4) Ankit Keshri
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Haku Shah
Renowned Indian artist Haku Shah, who was known for his tribal and folk art has passed away due to cardiac arrest at the age of 85 years. He hailed from Ahmedabad, Gujarat.He established a tribal museum at Gujarat Vidyapith in Ahmedabad.In 1980, he also set up the first of its kind Crafts Village – Shilpgram in Udaipur.His memoir Manush received several awards including the Padma Shri in 1989.
- Who is the author of the book “The Great Disappointment: How Narendra Modi Squandered A Unique Opportunity to Transform the Indian Economy “ that Analysis PM Modi’s Impact on Economy?
1) Anita Desai
2) Kiran Desai
3) Salman Rushdie
4) Salman Anees Soz
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Salman Anees Soz
On 20th March 2019, ‘The Great Disappointment: How Narendra Modi Squandered A Unique Opportunity to Transform the Indian Economy’ book released by economic commentator and Congress member Salman Anees Soz. This book is the evaluation of P.M Modi’s impact on Indian economy in 5 years.The book has been published by Penguin Random House India.
- Which Indian English word is added as the 650th entry in Oxford Dictionary?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chuddies
On 21st March 2019, The Indian English word ‘chuddies’ recognized as official English word by the Oxford English Dictionary (OED). The word is one of the new 650 entries announced by the OED.The contribution of word “chuddies” to the English vocabulary was made by a show which was aired on BBC in the mid-1990s named ‘Goodness Gracious Me’. The show received the gold award for comedy in 1997.The word underpants or means short trousers or shorts. It qualifies as a regional vocabulary because it is a mixture of English and Hindi which is an example of Queen’s Hinglish.
- What was the theme of the World Water Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Nature for Water”
2) Theme – “Why Waste Water?”
3) Theme – “Leaving no one behind”
4) Theme –“ Water and Jobs”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Leaving no one behind”
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) is an initiative taken by Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs to focus on water supply, sewerage facilities, storm water drains to reduce flooding, creating and upgrading green spaces and other facilities in the urban areas.Theme for World Water Day 2019 is “Leaving no one behind”.In the year 1993, it was first observed by United Nations General Assembly.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) located?Mumbai
- Who is the Administrator of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)?Jim Bridenstine
- Where is the head quarter of United Nations General Assembly located?New York City, New York, United States
- Who is the Chief Minister of Goa?Pramod Sawant
- Where is the headquarter of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) located?New Delhi