AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 2 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the Yojana approved by Cabinet committee on Economic Affairs chaired by PM Modi to provide financial support to integrated Bioethanol projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock?
1) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Jan-Aushadhi Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana
4) Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana
The Cabinet committee on Economic Affairs chaired by PM Modi approved Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan – Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana. It will provide financial support integrated Bioethanol projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock. The total financial outlay is of Rs.1969.50cr for the period from 2018-19 to 2023-24.
- How much amount was approved by the cabinet as the share capital of RBI in National Housing Bank (NHB)?
1) Rs.1450 Crore
2) Rs.1500 Crore
3) Rs.1650 Crore
4) Rs.1700 Crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.1450 Crore
Cabinet approved Rs.1450Cr for the share capital of RBI in National Housing Bank (NHB), which operate as the principal agency to promote housing finance institutions in India. The decision is the resultant of the amendments made to the NHB Act, 1987 in 2018.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved construction of four lane bridge which connects Dhubri in Assam and Phulbari in Meghalaya over which of the following River?
1) Ganga River
2) Yamuna River
3) Ravi River
4) Brahmaputra River
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Brahmaputra River
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved construction of four lane bridge which connects Dhubri in Assam and Phulbari in Meghalaya over Brahmaputra. It will be constructed with loan assistance from Japan International Cooperative Agency at the Civil Construction cost of Rs.3548cr and total capital cost of Rs.4997.04cr.
- Centre for Disability Sport will be setup in which of the following city,that is approved by Cabinet recently with an estimated cost of Rs.170.99Cr for a period of 5 years?
2) Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh
3) Varanasi,Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Gwalior,Madhya Pradesh
Cabinet approved the proposal for setting up a Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh which will be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The estimated cost of setting up the centre shall be of Rs.170.99cr for a period of 5 years.
- Name the policy approved by Cabinet to develop India as a Software Product Nation Unit?
1) Software Product Nation Policy 2019
2) Software Products and its Policy 2019
3) National Policy on Software Products 2019
4) National Policy on Software Information 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Policy on Software Products 2019
To develop India as a Software Product Nation Unit,Cabinet approved National Policy on Software Products 2019 with an outlay of Rs.1500cr for a period of 7 years.
- Which of the following Ministry was decided as the 25th member of International Energy Agency’s Technology Collaboration Programme on Bioenergy (IEA Bioenergy TCP)?
1) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
2) Minister of External Affairs
3) Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation
4) Minister of Women and Child Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Union Cabinet decided to value Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas as 25th member of International Energy Agency’s Technology Collaboration Programme on Bioenergy (IEA Bioenergy TCP).
- Which of the following Central Government Yojana will fund,new AIIMS that is to be set up at Manethi, Haryana at a cost of Rs.1299Cr.?
1) Janani Suraksha Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
4) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
Union Cabinet approved setting up of new AIIMS at Manethi, Haryana at a cost of Rs.1299cr. Cost of construction and running would be met by the Central Government under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
- India had signed MoU with which of the following country in the field of Renewable Energy?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tajikistan
Union Cabinet was apprised of the MoU between India and Tajikistan on Cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy.The MoU was signed on 8th October, 2018.It enable establishment of a basis for a cooperative institutional relationship between both the countries to encourage and promote bilateral technical cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy on the basis of mutual benefit, equality and reciprocity. It will focus on development and deployment of new and renewable energy, and storage technologies. It will further cooperation between the two countries through exchange and training of scientific and technical personnel, exchange of scientific and technological information and data, organization of workshops, seminars and working groups, transfer of equipment, know-how and technology on non-commercial basis, development of joint research or technical projects on subjects of mutual interest; and other modalities as may be decided by the two countries.
- India and United Kingdom (UK) had signed MoU on 28th January,2019 in which of the following field?
1) In the field of agriculture
2) In the field of Medicine
3) In the field of Tourism
4) Cooperation in Weather and Climate Sciences
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Cooperation in Weather and Climate Sciences
The Union Cabinet was apprised of the MoU between India and United Kingdom (UK) on on Cooperation in Weather and Climate Sciences.The MoU was signed on 28th January 2019, under which, an Implementation Agreement on Weather and climate science for service partnership will also be signed between the two countries.The proposal, which entails signing of an MoU with the Met Office, UK (UKMO) will benefit India, as it is an enabling mechanism to work on scientific challenges in the Indian context. It reinforces the spirit of equity and inclusiveness through sharing of best practice and lessons in areas of common interest in the two countries, and identifying opportunities for joint activities in weather and climate science across the region. It will also the best environment for research and innovation for delivery of high-end research for societal benefit.
- Where did Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment organized a national conference on “Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme”?
3) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) NewDelhi
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment have organized a national conference on “Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme” at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi on 1st March, 2019.The motive behind this conference is to lay impact on the need for creation of an inclusive society that accepts and respects disabled persons without discrimination.The Programme Implementing Agencies (PIAs) will collaborate in the mission to empower disabled persons.
- Name the Exercise that was held in Tripura between India and Bangladesh as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’?
1) Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019
2) Nomadic Elephant I 2019
3) Yudh Abhyas 2019
4) Hand in Hand II 2019
5) None of these 2019Answer – 1) Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019
Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) took part in the 3-day ‘Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019’ as a part of ‘Confidence Building Measures’ between the two border guards of India and Bangladesh held in a general area of BSF’s Srimantapur border outpost near Agartala, Tripura.The main objective of this exercise was to plan and conduct anti-smuggling and anti-criminal activity related operations with an aim to achieve better joint operational efficiency and border management in the area.Both the forces took part in joint patrolling, anti-smuggling drills, simulated raids on suspected places in both the countries, and checking of goods and identity at international check posts.The exercise was named after Mainamati hill range situated 8 km west of Comilla township in Bangladesh, which is home to ancient Buddhist archaeological site in the region.
- Which Bank had signed the loan Agreement with Government of India for financing the Andhra Pradesh Rural Roads Project, which will connect 3,300 habitations?
1) Asian Development Bank
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) World Bank
4) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
A loan agreement of USD 455 million was signed between the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the Government of India for financing the Andhra Pradesh Rural Roads Project, which will connect 3,300 habitations with a population of more than 250, and benefit around 2 million people in New Delhi. The objective of the Project is to improve road transport connectivity in previously unserved communities by providing all weather rural roads in all 13 Districts of Andhra Pradesh.It is the third project in Andhra Pradesh signed by the AIIB after two projects in Power Sector and Water Sector.
- Name the Bank,that had launched Open Banking Platform for creating a collaborative ecosystem with enterprises, fintechs and app developers?
1) Bank of China
2) DCB Bank
4) Bank of America
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) DCB Bank
As part of efforts towards creating a collaborative ecosystem with enterprises, fintechs and app developers, and enhancing customer-service delivery, DCB Bank announced the launch of its Open Banking Platform.More than 20 start-ups, fintechs, merchants, enterprises and developers are set to partner with DCB Bank for access to its Open Banking Platform APIs (Application programming interface) and collaborate on innovation and customer centric products.It will provide seamless integration of banking services by improving the existing banking technology infrastructure and at the same time meet the growing demand for innovative solutions from new-age customers.
- Which Insurance company launched India’s first policy to protect bank locker such as jewelry, title documents, and other valuables?
1) United India Insurance
2) Life Insurance Corporation of India
3) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
4) New India Assurance
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance launched ‘bank locker protector policy’, the first stand-alone bank locker cover offered by any insurance company with a plan to protect the contents of a bank locker such as jewelry, title documents, and other valuables. The policy offers a cover against various risks including fire, earthquake, burglary, holdup, infidelity by a bank staff or any act of terrorism.Important documents kept in a locker can also be insured under the policy as an add-on cover.The policy can be sold both as a retail and a group policy for banks.It offers 7 options of sum insured ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 40 lakh and above and the premium rate is affordable with a cover of Rs 3 lakh available at just Rs 300, which is less than Rs 1 per day.
- According to the US-based rating agency – Moody’s quarterly Global Macro Outlook,Indian economy is expected to grow at_______ per cent in 2019 and 2020?
1) 6.7 per cent
2) 7 per cent
3) 7.5 per cent
4) 7.3 per cent
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7.3 per cent
According to the US-based rating agency – Moody’s quarterly Global Macro Outlook which was released on 1st March, 2019, Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.3 per cent in 2019 and 2020. According to Moody’s India is less exposed to decline in global manufacturing trade growth than other Asian economies and emerging markets and is balanced to grow at a relatively stable pace in the next two years.According to Moody’s growth in 2018-19 fiscal, ending March 2019, Indian economy is estimated to have grown 7 per cent.
- What is the growth rate of India’s Economy for the third Quarter(December) forecasted by the Central Statistics Office (CSO)?
1) 7 per cent
2) 6 per cent
3) 6.6 per cent
4) 7.2 per cent
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 6.6 per cent
On 28th February, 2019, the Central Statistics Office (CSO) has estimated the India’s economy to have slowed to 6.6% in the December quarter (Q3) from 7% in the previous (July-September) quarter which is slowest in five quarters.This estimate is lower than Reuters estimate of 6.9% for the same quarter.This data has revised the country’s 2018-19 GDP forecast to 7% from 7.2%.
- Who became the Member of 15th Finance Commission after Shri Shaktikanta Das resigned?
1) Ajay Narayan Jha
2) Ashok Lahiri
3) N. K. Singh
4) Ashwini Choubey
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ajay Narayan Jha
Shri Ajay Narayan Jha joined the 15th Finance Commission as its Member in place of Shri Shaktikanta Das who had resigned as a Member of the Commission after being appointed as Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).A 1982 batch IAS officer of Manipur cadre, he was the Finance Secretary to the Government of India and has also served as Secretary to the 14th Finance Commission, headed by former RBI Governor, Shri Y.V. Reddy.The 15th Finance Commission was constituted by a Presidential Order in November, 2017 under the Chairmanship of Shri N. K. Singh to decide the formula for devolution of revenue between Centre and States, for a period of 5 years – April, 2020 to March, 2025.
- Which of the following Bank became the second overseas bank after getting approval from RBI to merge with its Indian business unit?
1) Standard Chartered
3) State Bank of Mauritius
4) DBS Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) DBS Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the merger of DBS Bank Ltd.’s Indian business unit with its wholly owned local subsidiary.DBS Bank’s unit will merge with DBS Bank India with effect from 1st March 2019.The Singapore-based DBS Bank is the second overseas bank to follow the wholly owned subsidiary model in India after the State Bank of Mauritius
- Name the payment aggregator system launched by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to promote government’s Digital India Initiative?
1) IRCTC pay
2) IRCTC iPay
3) Rail pay
4) Rail ipay
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IRCTC iPay
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched its own payment aggregator system, IRCTC iPay, a step which will help promote government’s Digital India initiative.It will provide an improved online digital payment convenience and ease of doing business to passengers availing online travel related services through the IRCTC website.It provides payment options like credit card, debit card, UPI (Unified Payment Interface), International Card and an option of IRCTC prepaid card cum wallet, auto debit will also be available soon.The back-end support will be provided by Delhi based MMAD communications, IRCTC’s technology partner.
- Name the Bank which had launched Rice Knowledge Bank-Assam,an agriculture web portal under its project – Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART)?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Asian Development Bank
3) World Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) World Bank
Rice Knowledge Bank-Assam, which is an agriculture web portal is dedicated to magnify knowledge on rice production technologies and techniques, best production practices and state agriculture facts, was launched under World Bank funded project – Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART). This portal is the repercussion of efforts of Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Services Society, Assam Agricultural University with technical assistance from International Rice Research Institute (IRRI).The motive behind this is to curtail the gap between research and on-field rice production practices for small-scale farmers in Assam.
- Who won the Only gold medal for India in the Makran Cup boxing tournament that held in Iran recently?
1) Deepak Singh(46-49kg) light fly category
2) Duryodhan Singh Negi(80-90kg)heavy weight category
3) Satish Kumar(50-60kg)welter weight category
4) Lalitha Prasad(90-110kg) heavy weight category
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Deepak Singh(46-49kg) light fly category
At the Makran Cup boxing tournament which was held in Chabahar, Iran, Indian boxers collected a rich haul of 8 medals, including one gold, five silver and two bronze to finish their campaign on a high.Haryana’s Deepak Singh won the only gold for India, beating JaafarNaseri in the (46-49kg) light fly category.Other boxers who won the silver were Duryodhan Singh Negi, Satish Kumar, P Lalitha Prasad, Sanjeet, Manish Kaushik.
- Name the Indian Player who won the Player of the Series in the WODI Series against England women cricket team?
1) Mithali Raj
2) Smriti Mandhana
3) Harmanpreet Kaur
4) Thirush Kamini
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Smriti Mandhana
The England women’s cricket team are currently playing the India women’s cricket team in February and March 2019.The tour consists of 3 Women’s One Day Internationals (WODIs), which formed part of the 2017–20 ICC Women’s Championship, and 3 Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20) matches.India women’s cricket team clinched the 3-match Women’s One-day International (WODI) series against England 2-1 even though the visitors secured a win in the third and final ODI at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.Smriti Mandhana was named the Player of the Series.
- When was the Zero Discrimination day observed?
1) February 28
2) February 27
3) February 26
4) March 1
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) March 1
Zero Discrimination Day observed on 1st March is an annual worldwide event that promotes diversity and recognizes that everyone counts. Organizations like the United Nations (UN) actively promote the day with various activities to celebrate everyone’s right to live a full life with dignity regardless of age, gender, sexuality, nationality, ethnicity, skin color, height, weight, profession, education, and beliefs.The UN first celebrated the day on 1st March, 2014, after UNAIDS, a UN program on human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), launched its Zero Discrimination Campaign on World AIDS Day on 1st December 2013.Butterfly is the symbol for Zero Discrimination Day and is widely used by people to share their stories and photos as a way to end discrimination and work towards positive transformation.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Bangladesh?Capital – Dhaka and Currency – Taka
- Where is the headquarter of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) located?Beijing, China
- Who is the President of Tajikistan?Emomali Rahmon
- Where is the headquarter of IFFCO Tokio located?Gurgaon, Haryana
- Who is the Chairman and where is the headquarter of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority located?Chairman -Shubhra Singh;Headquarter-New Delhi