AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs March 19 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs February 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- India Post has released a special stamp cover on which environmental initiative that is aimed to reduce shortage of water in Leh?
1) Painted Stork
2) Smooth Indian Otter
3) Ice Stupas
4) Solar Energy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ice Stupas
PD. Tshering,Chief Postmaster General, Jammu & Kashmir Circle, released a ‘Special Stamp Cover on Ice Stupa’ by the Department of Post, Government of India during a function organised at the Ice Stupasite at Gangles in Leh. Ice Stupa team of Himalayan Institute of Alternatives, Ladakh (HIAL) with support from Leh-Phodo society and Army, has built an Ice Stupa at Gangles with an aim to reduce shortage of water in Leh.The team plans to build more such artificial glaciers (Ice Stupas) in Leh, so that problem related to water supply, faced by Ladakhi farmers due to receding of glaciers, can be reduced.About 12 villages across Ladakh have built Ice Stupas on experimental basis and on 22nd March, ‘World Water Day’ will be celebrated at Ice Stupa at Shara, where teams from other villages, who have built Ice Stupas, will be felicitated.
- Which organization collaborated with National Disaster Management Authority(NDMA)and organized the International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI)2019 in New Delhi?
1) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
2) United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
3) U.S. Geological Survey
4) Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI), a two-day workshop organised by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), and in partnership with the Global Commission on Adaptation, United Nations Development Programme and the World Bank was held at New Delhi.The objectives of the workshop were to:Identify good practices of disaster risk management in key infrastructure sectors.Identify specific areas and pathways for collaborative research on DRI (Transport, Energy, Telecom and Water). Discuss and co-create the broad contours of the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) as well as a notional roll-out plan for the next three years.Build a forum for members to work on areas of common interest and make specific commitments.
- Where did 3rd edition of Indo-Japan workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction held recently?
4) New Delhi,India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi,India
On 18th March 2019, Government of India and Government of Japan organized the 3rd Indo-Japan Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR) in New Delhi. Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, Dr. P. K. Mishra inaugurated the workshop. The objective behind this meet was to enhance collaboration between research institutes, cities and the private sector in the field of DRR.The workshop was attended by about 140 delegates from India and Japan including experts from premier research institutes, city administers and specialized Disaster Management agencies.In September 2017, India and Japan signed Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) in the field of DRR.
- Which state for the first time has undertaken census of otters in protected areas?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) New Delhi
4) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh for the first time has undertaken census of otters in protected areas of the state. The census exercise was started from Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR) and will be completed by end of March 2019 covering all protected areas of state. Otter It is important part species (mammal) of forest ecosystem. It spends much of its time in or close to water bodies. It lives on fish. Its den is known as holt and it is close to water bodies. Its thriving population indicates healthy river ecosystem and water bodies are pollution-free. Three species of otters are found in India. It is classified as vulnerable species on IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- Where did External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj unveil a plaque of the renovated Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital?
1) New Delhi,India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Male,Maldives
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held a 2-day joint ministerial meeting for 17th and 18th March 2019, with her Maldivian counterpart Abdullah Shahid, where the latter has assured to remain sensitive towards India’s security and strategic concerns. Sushma Swaraj has also unveiled a plaque of the renovated Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital in Male,Maldives. She has dedicated the hospital to the natives of the Maldives. It is going to be the first and largest government healthcare facility in the Maldives.
- Name the bank of India,which had signed line of credit (LOC) worth $800 million to finance the infrastructure projects in Maldives during External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visit?
1) ICICI Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) Export Import Bank of India (EXIM)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Export Import Bank of India (EXIM)
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held a 2-day joint ministerial meeting for 17th and 18th March 2019, with her Maldivian counterpart Abdullah Shahid, where the latter has assured to remain sensitive towards India’s security and strategic concerns.An Agreement was signed between Export Import Bank of India (EXIM) and Maldives Finance Ministry for line of credit (LOC) of $800 million to finance the infrastructure projects of the new government in Maldives. India will provide finance assistance of 1.4 billion US dollars, as per the announcement made during Ibrahim Mohamed Solih’s visit in December 2018. The Line of Credit is a part of this finance assistance. Exim Bank will charge 1.75 percent interest rate and the loan will come with a 15-year repayment period after the 5 years of moratorium.
- India and Maldives signed 3 agreements during External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visit,which was not one among them?
i. In the field of Agriculture and Research practices.
ii. Exemption from visa requirement for holders of diplomatic and official passports
iii.Implementation of high impact community development projects through local bodies.
iv. In the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
1) Option i
2) Option ii
3) Option iii
4) Option i & ii
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Option i
This visit has availed both India and Maldives to exchange approved agreement on visa facilitation for diplomatic and official passport holders, development cooperation, and renewable energy to benefit both the countries. Both the countries have also agreed on a wide spectrum of issues to further collaborate for development cooperation and to intensify people to people contact. India and Maldives have also signed an agreement and 2 Memorandums of Understanding to collaborate in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy. These MoUs will focus on Indian Grant Assistance for the implementation of High Impact Community Development Projects through local bodies in the Maldives.
- Which country had exempted the Tier 2 (General) cap of PhD-level work visas?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) UK
U.K. Chancellor Philip Hammond announced in a Budget update, referred to as the annual Spring Statement, that from Autumn 2019, PhD-level occupations will be exempt from the Tier 2 (General) cap, and at the same time the government will update the immigration rules on 180-day absences so that researchers conducting fieldwork overseas are not penalised if they apply to settle in the U.K. Indians are among the largest group of professionals set to benefit from this decision, as they form the largest chunk of highly-skilled professionals within the Tier 2 (General) category of work visas, accounting for 54% of all such visas granted in 2018.Indian nationals also marked the largest increase in the grant of Tier 2 visas last year, upby 6% at 3,023 more visas compared to the previous year.
- Name the organization,that became the first clearing corporation of India to receive recognition as a Third-Country Central Counterparty (TC-CCP) by Bank of England for offering various clearing services to UK-based entities.
1) NSE IFSC Clearing Corporation Limited
2) Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (MCCIL)
3) National Securities Clearing Corporation Ltd.
4) India International Clearing Corporation (IFSC) Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (MCCIL)
Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (MCCIL) has become the first clearing corporation in India to receive recognition as a Third-Country Central Counterparty (TC-CCP) by Bank of England for offering various clearing services to UK-based entities.The recognition has been granted under United Kingdom’s Temporary Recognition Regime (TRR).In the year 2017, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) also recognized the Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (MCCIL) as a third Country Central Counterparty.A financial institution which provides clearing and settlement services for trading in foreign exchange, securities, and derivative contracts as well as deals with the counter party credit risk between the two parties known as Central counterparty clearing (CCP).
- Which regulatory body of India has signed MoU with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) seeking effective implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code)?
1) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development(NABARD)
2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority(IRDAI)
3) Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI)
4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) seeking effective implementation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code) and its allied rules and regulations, which have redefined the debt-equity relationship and aims to promote entrepreneurship and debt market,at Mumbai.IBBI Notifies regulation Under Bankruptcy Code, 2016.Under the MoU, they agreed to assist and cooperate with each other for the effective implementation of the Code, subject to limitations imposed by the applicable laws.The MoU provides for:Sharing of information between the two parties, subject to the limitations imposed by the applicable laws.Sharing of resources available with each other to the extent feasible and legally permissible. Periodic meetings to discuss matters that the parties believe would be of interest to each other in fulfilling their respective statutory obligations.Cross-training of staff in order to enhance each party’s understanding of the other’s mission for effective utilisation of collective resources.Capacity building of insolvency professionals and financial creditors.Joint efforts towards enhancing the level of awareness among financial creditors about the importance and necessity of swift insolvency resolution process of various types of borrowers in distress under the provisions of the Code, etc.
- Which State Government has signed MoU with Ola to strengthen traffic infrastructure in its capital city?
2) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Telangana
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ola and the Government of Telangana to support the government’s initiative to implement smart solutions to enhance mobility experience further strengthening traffic infrastructure in Hyderabad.Under the MoU, the first pilot project proposed is the dynamic mapping of riding quality of various major roads in Hyderabadthrough the network of vehicles operating on the Ola platform.The desired outcome of this pilot project is to reduce accidents causing because of potholes, monitor the construction of roads, and prioritize budget for road repair.
- Name the book for which,Raghu Karnad was awarded with Windham-Campbell prize in the UK?
1) Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations by Mira Jacob
2) Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
3) Farthest Field: An Indian story of Second World War
4) Survival Math: Notes on an All-American Family by Mitchell S. Jackson
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Farthest Field: An Indian story of Second World War
Indian journalist, author and chief of The Wire, ‘Raghu Karnad’ received the prestigious Windham-Autgor RaghuCampbell prize of USD 165,000 for his debut book, ‘Farthest Field: An Indian story of Second World War’, published in the year 2015 in non-fiction category.The award was given by Yale University in the United Kingdom to 8 recipients of English language writers from around the world.The book was also awarded the Sahitya Akedemi Yuva Puraskar for a writer in English in the year in 2016, the book was shortlisted for the Hessell-Tiltman Prize.
- Who was awarded with ‘Uttam Yudh Seva Medal’ for successfully organizing the counter-terrorist operations in Jammu & Kashmir?
1) Pradip Kumar Panda
2) Anil Kumar Bhatt
3) Vijay Kumar
4) Irfan Ramzan Sheikh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anil Kumar Bhatt
On 19th March 2019, the Gallantry Awards and Distinguished Service Decorations were conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Defence Investiture Ceremony,which was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
Name Award purpose Sepoy Vijay Kumar of Indian Army(posthumously) Kirti Chakras For their exceptional bravery and commitment towards duty during counter-terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir. Constable Pradip Kumar Panda of CRPF (posthumously) Lieutenant General Anil Kumar Bhatt ‘Uttam Yudh Seva Medal’ For successfully organizing the counter-terrorist operations in Jammu & Kashmir. Irfan Ramzan Sheikh Shaurya Chakra For preventing a terrorist attack.
- Who was sworn in as 13th Chief Minister of Goa after the demise of Manohar Parrikar?
1) Neiphiu Rio
2) N. Biren Singh
3) Bhupesh Baghel
4) Pramod Sawant
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pramod Sawant
On 19th March 2019, BJP MLA and Former Speaker of Goa legislative assembly Pramod Sawant(45) took oath as 13th Chief Minister of Goa succeeding Manohar Parrikar, who died due to Cancer. Governor Mridula Sinha administered the oath of office of Pramod Sawant.
- Name the person,who has assumed charge as the Flag Officer Sea Training (FOST) at Kochi after succeeding Rear Admiral Sanjay J Singh?
1) Krishna Swaminathan
2) Karambir Singh
3) Ajit Kumar
4) Ashok Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Krishna Swaminathan
Rear Admiral Krishna Swaminathan, VSM, has assumed charge as Flag Officer Sea Training (FOST) at Kochi on 18th March 2019.He is a specialist in Communication and Electronic Warfare was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 1st July 1987, and is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla at Pune.He will succeed Rear Admiral Sanjay J Singh, who has been appointed as Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF).
- Who was the first Indian appointed as Cultural & Tourism Ambassador of Uzbekistan in India?
1) Benegal Rama Rau
2) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
3) Arun Kumar Singh
4) Ritu Beri
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ritu Beri
Designer Ritu Beri, First Indian to be Appointed as Cultural & Tourism Ambassador of Uzbekistan in India.She received this recognition for her contribution towards bringing India and Uzbekistan together, fusing cultures in her clothing line.
- Which app was developed by Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar, Gujarat, (IIPHG) in collaboration with National Mental Health Program to reduce the exam pressure?
1) Reduce Pressure
2) Conquer Exam, Be a Warrior
3) Tension Free
4) Attempt Exam
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Conquer Exam, Be a Warrior
Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar, Gujarat, (IIPHG) in collaboration with National Mental Health Program, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Gujarat has developed a mobile application called as ‘Conquer Exam, Be a Warrior’ for students to reduce the exam pressure.This application creates awareness as well as help students to analyze their weak points and overcome from the exam pressure by providing assistance.At present the app launched in English language only but in coming days it will incorporate with Hindi, Gujarat and Marathi language.
- Name the US Economist, who advised its two presidents, has passed away recently at the age of 58 years?
1) Kenneth Arrow
2) Paul Samuelson
3) Milton Friedman
4) Alan B.Krueger
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Alan B.Krueger
Former White House Economist, Alan B. Krueger, who advised two presidents and helped lead economics toward a more scientific approach to research and policymaking, was found dead at his home in Princeton, New Jersey, United States after committing suicide.He was born on 17th September 1960 in Livingston, New Jersey, United States and was 58 years old at the time of his death.He was an assistant secretary of the Treasury from 2009 to 2010, as President Barack Obama’s administration tried to lead the United States out of its worst recession since the Great Depression.President Obama later named him chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, a post he held from 2011 to 2013.He was the Labor Department’s chief economist under President Bill Clinton from 1994 to 1995.
- What was the theme of the Global Recycling Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Recycling into the Future”
2) Theme – “Recycling the Global Economy ”
3) Theme – “Recycling the Environment ”
4) Theme – “Recycling the Future world”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Recycling into the Future”
Global Recycling Day is held on 18th March every year, with an aim to change the mindset of governments, businesses, communities and individuals around the world, to see recyclables as resource – not waste.The theme for Global Recycling Day 2019 was “Recycling into the Future”.It was created in 2018 to help recognize, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Maracana stadium is located in which city?Rio de Janeiro
- What is the Capital and Currency of UK?Capital – London and Currency – Pound Sterling
- Who is the Chief Minister of Telangana?K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Where is the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary located?Panaji,Goa
- What is the Capital of Gujarat?Gandhinagar