AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the head of the committee, which submitted draft national education policy 2019 in New Delhi recently.
1) Mohammad Saadulla
2) N. Gopalaswami
3) Dr. Kasturirangan
4) Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Dr. Kasturirangan
A committee headed by Dr. Kasturirangan submitted draft national education policy 2019 to Union Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State for HRD, Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre in New Delhi to rename Minister of Human Resource Development to Minister of education.For promoting Indian and classic languages three new national institutes for Pali, Persian, and Prakrit and an Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation (IITI) are recommended.
- Name the apex body, which was proposed to set up under Prime Minister by Dr. Kasturirangan cormmittee in their draft, “National education policy 2019” .
1) Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog
2) Rashtriya Lok Samta Ayog
3) Rashtriya Sanskrit Ayog
4) Rashtriya Sansthan Ayog
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog
Rashtriya Shiksha Ayog, an apex body is proposed to implementation all educational initiatives and to coordinate efforts between the Centre and the States. National Research Foundation is proposed to be set up for creating strong research culture across higher education. Mission Nalanda and Mission Takshashila will be re-structuring all Undergraduate programs in the country. For all science graduates 2 year common course and the next 3 year to specialize as doctor, nurse or dentist. Dentist and nurse to be given lateral entry into MBBS course. Common exit exam for all MBBS which also serve as an entrance to PG courses. No fee regulations for professional courses. 50% of students to get scholarship and 20% to get full scholarship.
- Which ministry has organized a two-day National Workshop for Population Research Centers (PRCs) in New Delhi ?
1) Ministry of Labour and Employment
2) Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW)
On May 30, 2019, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW) organized a two-day National Workshop for Population Research Centers (PRC) in New Delhi. It focused on the various features of the flagship schemes of the Health Ministry for simultaneous supervision.
- Who released the Rural Health Statistics (2017-18) and a Compendium of Studies Conducted by the PRCS (2017-18) recently ?
1) Dr. Inder Jit Singh
2) Preeti Sudan
3) Sanjay Kothari
4) Tarun Shridhar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Preeti Sudan
Ms. Preeti Sudan, Secretary(HFW) released the Rural Health Statistics (2017-18) and a Compendium of Studies Conducted by the PRCS (2017-18) in the presence of Shri Manoj Jhalani (Additional Secretary & Mission Director), Shri D K Ojha, Deputy Director General (DDG-Stats.) along with other senior officers of the Ministry and representatives from state PRCs.MoHFW has set up the network of 18 PRCs over 17 major States and Union Territories.The scheme started with establishment of 2 PRCs in 1958 at Delhi and Kerala. During 1999, it was expanded to 18 PRCs with the latest inclusion of PRC, Sagar. Among them, 12 are attached to various Universities and 6 are in research institutions of national repute.
- Name the joint Indian Army & Indian Air force exercise that concluded in Punjab recently .
1) Desert Eagle
2) Vajra Prahar
3) Kharga Prahar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kharga Prahar
A week-long exercise (27 May 2019 to 4 June 2019) between the Indian army and the Indian Air Force (IAF) – Kharga Prahar concluded in Punjab. The exercise was undertaken by various units and formation of Kharga Corps. The key aspects of this exercise is to validate operational aspects and brought out many lessons to the corps.
- Where was the 6th India-China Bilateral Dialogue on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation held recently ?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Beijing, China
3) Mumbai, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi, India
On June 3, 2019, 6th India-China Bilateral Dialogue on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation was held in New Delhi. The Indian delegation was led by Shri Indra Mani Pandey, Additional Secretary (Disarmament & International Security Affairs) and the Chinese delegation was led by Ambassador Fu Cong, Director General, Department of Arms Control of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Both the countries exchanged their views on various issues of mutual interest related to disarmament, non-proliferation and arms control.Ambassador Fu Cong invited the Indian delegation to Beijing for the next round of consultations which was accepted by India.External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will visit Beijing in September before the informal summit which will be held between the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Name the scheme for which the ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship waived fee for SC/ST candidates who join vocational training .
1) Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
2) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
4) Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS)
The ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India announced that fee for SC/ST candidates who join vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS) have been waived off.This decision was taken by the Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey at the senior officials meet. The decision intended to strengthen the skill development and benefiting the underprivileged sections of society. The decision follows the recent reforms brought in January 2019 such as decentralization of powers for JSSs- giving more accountability and independence to the district administration, Training of Trainers to develop the capacity through NSTIs (National Skills Training Institutes)
- Which country has mandated the visa applicant to provide social media details dated back to five years from the application date as per new immigration rule ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) U.S.
According to a new immigration rule in US, the visa applicants are now required to provide social media details dated back to five years from the application date, to enhance the screening process of the applicants and ensure national security. This affects nearly 15 million people per year.The data required under the new rule include social media profiles links, phone numbers, email IDs for the past five years.Previously, social media information was required only for persons who have visited countries with terrorism. Now it is mandatory for all visa application including immigrant form DS-260 and non-immigrant form DS-160.If in any case, the applicants are not using social media they can say no but will face serious consequences if found to be a lie.
- Which state government has signed a loan agreement worth $287 million with World Bank for promoting the state’s health system reform programme in New Delhi ?
1) West Bengal
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tamil Nadu
On June 4, 2019, The Government of India, Tamil Nadu, and the World Bank signed a $287 million loan agreement for the state’s Health System Reform Programme in New Delhi. It is aimed to improve the quality of health care, reduce the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and fill equity gaps in reproductive and child health services. The agreement for the Project was signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India, Beela Rajesh, Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department, on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu and Hisham Abdo, Acting Country Director, World Bank India, on behalf of the World Bank
- CICO was in news recently, C stands for __________?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Cash
C stands for Cash in CICO(Cash In Cash Out)
- Who is the head of the committee, which recommends to rope in local retailers and business correspondents to act as cash points in semi-urban centers ?
1) Aruna Sharma
2) Kishor Sansi
3) HR Khan
4) Nandan Nilekani
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nandan Nilekani
The Reserve bank of India(RBI) formed panel led by Nandan Nilekani has recommended to rope in local retailers and business correspondents to act as cash points in semi-urban centers. These will act as the primary source of cash in semi-urban centers and will replace ATMs (Automated Teller Machines).The Committee proposed the Cash In Cash Out (CICO) network. It is a network of cash disbursement points where a customer can seamlessly convert digital money to physical cash using interoperable mechanisms such as QR code and Aadhaar-enabled payment channels.
- Name the educational programme launched by L&T Financial services in Tamilnadu aimed at financial inclusion of rural women.
1) “Financial Inclusion”
2) “Digital sakhi”
3) “Digital Education”
4) “Digital Programme on Finance”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) “Digital sakhi”
A non-banking financial institution L&T Finance Services Ltd. (Larsen & Toubro Financial Services) recently launched “Digital Sakhi”, an educational program aimed at financial inclusion of rural women in Villupuram District, Tamilnadu. This initiative comes after the successful implementation of a similar program in Maharashtra, Odisha and Madya Pradesh.LTFS (L&T Finance Services Ltd. ) in association with Sri Aurobindo Society, will train 40,000 people in using digital modes of payment.
- Which private sector bank has launched a center in Bengaluru to provide business solutions exclusively to start-ups and MSME sector ?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Yes Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ICICI Bank
Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) launched a dedicated center in Bengaluru to provide hazel free services to small business owners and startups. Sandeep Batra, Executive Director, ICICI Bank along with Mr. Viral Rupani, Retail Business Head – South, ICICI Bank inaugurated the center. The center provides various services which include working capital loans of up to Rs. 20 crore, business loans (based on GST returns) of up to Rs. 1 crore, instant overdraft facility of up to Rs. 15 lakh, extensive trade solutions and cash management services, and others.The center also provides legal and valuation desk to help customers in resolving challenges related to collateral for various loans.
- Name the organization, which has forecasted the global growth for 2019 to 2.6% from earlier 2.9% in its semiannual report “Global Economic Prospect (GEP)” .
1) World Bank(WB)
2) United Nations(UN)
3) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
4) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development(OECD)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) World Bank
On June 5, 2019, World Bank in its semiannual report “Global Economic Prospect (GEP)” slashed global forecast for 2019 to 2.6% as compared to 2.9% in January this year.
- As per the World Bank report “Global Economic Prospect (GEP)”, India’s growth is forecasted to ______ percent for the next two Fiscal years , FY2019 and FY2020 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7.5%
On June 5,2019 , World Bank in its report “Global Economic Prospects report” retained India’s growth forecast at 7.5% for the next two Fiscal years , FY2019 and FY20 (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) as it also cuts the global economic expansion by 0.3%. The report stated that private consumption and investment will get benefited amid the reliable monetary policy with inflation having fallen below the Reserve Bank of India’s target.
- In which sector, Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) has grown at 36.5% amounting to $9.15 billion in 2018-19 as per the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) ?
1) Manufacturing Sector
2) Services Sector
3) Agriculture & Allied Sector
4) Industry Sector
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Services Sector
According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) grew at 36.5% amounting to $9.15 billion in 2018-19. Services sector comprises of finance, banking, insurance, outsourcing, R&D, courier, tech testing and analysis.In 2017-18, FDI of the service sector was $6.7 billion. FDI inflows contribute over 60% to the Gross Domestic Product(GDP). Between April 2000 and March 2019, service sector accounted for 18% of FDI in India.
- Name the think tank, which has indicated that India lost $13 billion in revenue collections due to trade misinvoicing in 2016 .
1) Global Financial Integrity (GFI)
2) Center for International Policy
3) NITI Aayog
4) Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Global Financial Integrity (GFI)
According to a study by think-tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), India lost $13 billion in revenue collections due to trade misinvoicing in 2016. It amounted to 5.5% of total revenue collections.The GFI measured the losses by calculating illicit financial inflows and outflows for both import and export under- and over-invoicing. The study estimated that the value of the trade gap for misinvoiced goods equaled to $74 billion or 12% of the country’s total trade of $617 billion in 2016.
- Who was appointed as the Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence staff (Doctrine organisation and training) recently ?
1) Lt Gen Abhay Krishna
2) Lt Gen Satinder Kumar Saini
3) Lt Gen PJS Pannu
4) Lt Gen Ranbir Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Lt Gen PJS Pannu
On June 5, 2019, The Defence Ministry, Government of India appointed Lt Gen PJS Pannu as Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence staff (operations) after Air Marshal Rajeev Sachdeva with effect from June 1. Priory he was serving as the Deputy Chief Integrated Defence Staff (Doctrine Organisation and Training). He is an alumnus of Indian Military Academy and was commissioned into 22nd Battalion, The Maratha Light Infantry (MLI) on December 1980 and commanded the battalion from May 1999 to February during operation ‘VIJAY’.
- Name the Cyclone Man, who was appointed as the chief of India Meteorological Department (IMD) for a period of five years .
1) Madhavan Nair Rajeevan
2) Laxman Singh Rathore
3) K.J. Ramesh
4) Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Cyclone man Mrutyunjay Mohapatra is appointed as the chief or Director General (DG) of India Meteorological Department (IMD) for a period of five years. He earned his praises after accurate prediction during Fani cyclone. He is from Bhadrak district of Odisha. He succeeds KJ Ramesh. Prior to this, the 54 years old, named as “Scientist G” was serving as the Additional Director General in the IMD.
- Name the Supersonic cruise missile, which was test-fired from Complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range(ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha with a strike range of around 290 km .
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) BrahMos
On June 4, 2019, the anti-ship version of Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was test-fired from Complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha. BrahMos, with a strike range of around 290 km, can be fired from land, sea, and air.It is the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile with a high rate of precision and accuracy.It has been commissioned in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.It is a joint venture between the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) of Russia.
- Padma Shri awardee Dinyar Contractor passed away at the age of 79 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, he was associated with which field ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Actor
Actor and Padma Shri awardee(2019) Dinyar Contractor passed away aged 79 in Mumbai, Maharashtra due to age-related illnesses. He was best known for his comic roles. He hailed from Mumbai. He was awarded the Padma Shri in January 2019. He had appeared in the films like Baadshah, Khiladi, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, Daraar and 36 China Town.He had been a part of shows like Khichdi, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Hum Sab Ek Hain, Do Aur Do Paanch, Dil Vil and Karishma.The theatre artist had begun his professional career in 1966.He had played in Gujarati as well as Hindi plays. He started working on television programs when Mumbai Doordarshan launched their DD-2 channel in Mumbai with a Gujarati show titled “Aao Marvao Meri Saathe” and other shows like “Adi Marzban”.
- Name the deceased football architect & president of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), who is also known as Father of the Champions League .
1) Lennart Johansson
2) Walter Bannister
3) James Logan
4) James Collins
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lennart Johansson
Lennart Johansson who introduced Champions League during a 17-year reign as president of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) died at the age of 89 after a brief illness. He was the president of UEFA from 1990 to 2007 and also served as vice president of FIFA. He is also known as Father of the Champions League. He is from Stockholm, Sweden.
- World Environment Day is observed annually on __________?
1) June 2
2) June 3
3) June 4
4) June 5
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) June 5
World Environment Day (WED) is observed on June 5 every year. It is celebrated to raise awareness about environmental issues pertaining to our planet and the action to be taken to tackle them. This day was observed for the first time in 1974 by the United Nations.
- Which country has selected to host World Environment Day 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) China
World Environment Day (WED) is observed on June 5 every year. China was selected as the host country for World Environment Day 2019. In 2018, India was the host country.
- Who launched #SelfiewithSapling campaign during World Environment Day 2019 ?
1) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Dharmendra Pradhan
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shri Prakash Javadekar
Shri Prakash Javadekar, Union Environment Minister launched the #SelfiewithSapling campaign. This campaign urges the public to plant a sapling and post a selfie with it on social media. He also planted a sapling in the premises of Films Division in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The event witnessed the participation of the top celebrities from the Film Industry.
- Which state government launched the world’s first Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) for Particulate Matter(PM) to reduce air pollution ?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gujarat
On June 5, 2019, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched the world’s first Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) for Particulate Matter(PM) to reduce air pollution. It is aimed to reduce particulate pollutants PM2.5 and PM10 and incentivize the industrial units which cap their emissions. These industrial units will be attached to a Continuous Emissions Monitoring System for effective compliance.
- What was the theme of the World Environment Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Beat land Pollution”
2) Theme – “Beat Water Pollution”
3) Theme – “Beat Plastic Pollution”
4) Theme – “Beat Air Pollution”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Beat Air Pollution”
The theme of the World Environment Day 2019 is ‘Beat Air Pollution’.
- Name the book on biodiversity series, released during World Environment Day 2019.
1) The diversity of life
2) Six Degrees: Our Future on a Hotter Planet
3) Reptiles of the Northern Western Ghats
4) The World Without Us
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Reptiles of the Northern Western Ghats
Third book of the biodiversity series named “Reptiles of the Northern Western Ghats” was launched in an event in Mumbai by Minesh Dave, President Transmission and Distribution in the presence of its co-author and devoted conservationist, Professor Dr Satish Pande, director of Ela Foundation, along with Vivek Vishwasrao, head – Estate (LG), Tata Power. This book covers details of over 123 endangered species of reptiles. It was launched by Tata Power in association with Ela Foundation. It has details regarding different species of snakes, crocodiles, tortoise, lizards and chameleons nestled in one of the world’s important biodiversity hotspots.
- International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing was observed annually on _________?
1) June 2
2) June 5
3) June 3
4) June 4
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) June 5
June 5 is celebrated as the International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing to promote awareness in combating IUU. The day was first celebrated in 2018. The day June 5 is chosen to mark the day on which Agreement on Port State Measures came into existence in 2016. The proposal was endorsed by the Committee on Fisheries (COFI).
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the chairman of Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO) ?Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
- What is the tagline of ICICI Bank ?Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
- Who is the President of the World Bank?David Malpass
- Chitrangudi Bird Sanctuary is located in which state ?Tamil Nadu
- Who is the Minister of Commerce and Industry ?Piyush Goyal