AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs June 25 2019
- Which organization has released, 2nd edition of “Healthy States, Progressive India” report which ranks states and union territories based on health outcomes, as well as, their overall performance?
1) National Development Council
2) National Integration Council
3) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
4) Planning Commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
On June 25, 2019, The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog released the Second Edition of “Healthy States, Progressive India” Report. It ranked States and Union territories (UTs) innovatively on their year-on-year incremental change in health outcomes and their overall performance.
- Which state has topped among the larger states for overall performance on health indicators as per the NITI Aayog report titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kerala
Among Larger States, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra topped the list in terms of overall performance in the NITI Aayog’s Health Index 2019. ii. Haryana, Rajasthan and Jharkhand emerged as the top three ranking States in terms of annual incremental performance.
- Which year is set as a target to double farmers income using digital technology in rural India and setting up Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVK) & Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2022
The Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar announced that central Government has decided to use digital technology in rural India to double farmers’ income by the year 2022. For this, the Government has set up 713 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVK) and 684 Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA) at the district level in the country for dissemination of technologies among the farming community.
- Which country gifted Imphal Peace Museum to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal at Maibam Lokpa Ching, Manipur?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Japan
On June 22, 2019, Japan gifted Imphal Peace Museum to Manipur to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal, one of the fiercest battles of the Second World War, at Maibam Lokpa Ching popularly known as Red Hill (about 20 km southwest of Imphal). The inauguration was attended by Manipur Revenue minister Karam Shyam, Japanese Ambassador to India Kenji Hiramatsu, High Commissioner of United Kingdom Dominic Asquith and TNF Chairman Yohei Sasakawa among others.
- Under which scheme, Department of School Education and Literacy provides Self defence training for girls in schools?
2) Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat
3) Samagra Shiksha
4) Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Samagra Shiksha
Integrated Scheme for School Education ‘Samagra Shiksha’ was launched by the Department of School Education and Literacy which comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, effective from the academic year 2018-19. The activity of Self Defence training for girls comes under Samagra Shiksha.This scheme was launched to ensure the safety and security of girls keeping in mind the rising number of crimes against girls and women.Training will be given to girls of class VI to XII of Government Schools.It will also be given in Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (KGBVs) which are residential schools and to those girls belonging to disadvantaged groups.
- Mata Vaishno Devi shrine was in news recently, it is located in which state?
2) Jammu & Kashmir(J&K)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jammu & Kashmir(J&K)
The Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, a religious pilgrimage atop the Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) will get a dedicated in-house disaster response force by September 2020.The MoU (Memorandum of Understanding ) was signed between the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to impart advanced disaster management training to the shrine board staff in batches to prepare a dedicated disaster response force for the shrine.
- Name the portal launched by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for lodging complaints against banks and NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) on its website.
1) Complaint Management System (CMS)
2) Complaint Against Bank (CAB)
3) Complaint Over Bank and NBFC (COBN)
4) Lodge Complaints against Bank (LCB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Complaint Management System (CMS)
On June 24, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das has launched a Complaint Management System (CMS) for lodging complaints against banks and NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) on its website. The online portal aims at improving customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
- Which state government will receive the loan worth $147 million from the World Bank for improving the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the state?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jharkhand
On June 25, 2019, To provide basic urban services to the people and help improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in Jharkhand, the World Bank approved a $147 million loan agreement to the state. The State Government will invest in urban services such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, and urban roads and also strengthen the capacity of the Jharkhand Urban Infrastructure Development Company (JUIDCO). Urban population growth in nine districts of Jharkhand is above India’s overall urbanization pace of 2.7 percent.
- Which two entities have signed an agreement to set up National Electricity Distribution Company Limited (NEDCL) recently?
1) Nuclear Power Corporation of India and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
2) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
3) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
4) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
On June 21, 2019, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and PowerGrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to set up a Joint Venture (JV) the National Electricity Distribution Company Limited (NEDCL). It will undertake the business for distribution of electricity in distribution circles in various states and Union Territories (UTs) and other related activities.NEDCL will be owned by NTPC and PGCIL on 50:50 equity basis.JV was announced at a time when the existing reform scheme UDAY (Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana) has been declared as a failure by several agencies.
- Who won the RedInk Award for ‘Journalist of the Year 2019’ for exposing the functioning of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and its Aadhaar data cache in 2018?
1) Ravish Kumar
2) Rachna Khaira
3) Barkha Dutt
4) Rajat Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rachna Khaira
Rachna Khaira of The Tribune News Service won RedInk Award for ‘Journalist of the Year 2019’. The award was bestowed for her expose on the functioning of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and its Aadhaar data cache in 2018. The RedInk Awards for Excellence in Journalism, founded by The Mumbai Press Club in 2010, awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for 2019 jointly to two retired senior journalists, Dinu Ranadive (aged 94) who retired from the Maharashtra Times, and photojournalist Sebastian D’Souza, who had served as photo editor of Mumbai Mirror.The RedInk ‘Star Mumbai Reporter’ award for 2019 was given to Mid-Day reporter Ranjeet Jadhav.
- Name the entity, whose CEO, Pankaj Razdan resigned recently.
1) Aegon Life Insurance Company
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) SBI Life Insurance
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI)
On June 24, 2019, Pankaj Razdan stepped down from his position as the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of Mumbai based Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI). The present managing director(MD) of the retail arm of Kotak Securities Kamlesh Rao will replace Razdan as CEO.Razdan also resigned from his other position as deputy chief executive officer of financial services firm, Aditya Birla Capital.
- Who was appointed by World Archery to sort out problems in the Archery Association of India (AAI)?
1) Abhinav Bindra
2) Anjali Bhagwat
3) Harihar Banerjee
4) Bhim Singh II.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Abhinav Bindra
On June 20, 2019, World Archery appointed Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra as an independent person to sort out the ongoing trouble in the Archery Association of India (AAI). AAI, headquartered at New Delhi, had violated the constitution by unanimously electing two parallel bodies in Chandigarh and New Delhi. Abhinav Bindra will be part of the selection panel which consists of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) secretary general Rajeev Mehta and a representative of Sport Ministry to select the national teams till a new AAI body takes charge.
- Which entity is set to acquire the stakes held by BNP Paribas in their two joint venture(JV) companies for a total of around Rs1,000cr?
1) Magma Fincorp
2) Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company
3) Sundaram Finance Ltd (SFL)
4) Bajaj Finserv Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sundaram Finance Ltd (SFL)
On June 20, 2019, India’s leading Non-Banking Financial Company(NBFC) Sundaram Finance Ltd (SFL) has announced that it set to acquire the stakes held by BNP Paribas in their two joint venture (JV) companies for a total of around Rs 1,000 Cr. SFL has agreed to acquire a 49.9 % stake of BNP Paribas held in Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance limited (SBPHFL) for about Rs.999.66 crore. SFL currently holds 50.1 percent in the home finance company which is increased to 100% after the acquisition.
- Which rocket is used by Space Exploration Technologies Corp (SpaceX) to launch 24 payload military and scientific research satellites from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, the US?
1) Atlas V
2) Falcon Heavy rocket
3) Energia rocket
4) Ariane 5 rocket
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Falcon Heavy rocket
On June 25, 2019, Space Exploration Technologies Corp (SpaceX) launched a hefty rocket with 24 payload military and scientific research satellites with a deep space atomic clock, solar sail, clean and green rocket fuel, and even human ashes, including an astronaut.The third flight of a Falcon Heavy rocket (first ordered by the military) was launched from NASA’s (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, the US. The Defense Department mission will provide data to certify the Falcon Heavy and reused boosters for future national security launches. NASA had signed up for the rocket along with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Air Force Research Laboratory and the Planetary Society and Celestis Inc.
- Name the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) first Astrobee robot to fly under its own power in space.
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ‘Bumble’
On June 14, 2019, National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Astrobee Robot “Bumble” became the first Astrobee robot to fly under its own power in space. It will help researchers in examining the new technologies in zero gravity and assist astronauts to perform routine work in the International Space Station (ISS).‘Bumble’ and a second Astrobee named ‘Honey’ were launched to the space station in April 2019.‘Queen’, a third robot, will be launched in July 2019.
- By which year, half of the world’s power will be delivered by Wind and solar energy as per “New Energy Outlook (NEO) report 2019 ” by BloombergNEF?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2050
According to a “New Energy Outlook (NEO) report 2019 ”released by Bloomberg NEF, Wind and solar power are the new power in two-thirds of countries around the world and they will make up almost half of the electricity system by 2050.The electricity demand set to increase 62 percent, which in turn will attract $13.3 trillion in new investment, of which wind will take $5.3 trillion and solar will take $4.2 trillion.It forecasts that many nations can cut power sector emissions through 2030 in line with goals set in Paris climate agreement, to limit the increase in world temperatures to 2 degrees Celsius.
- Name the deceased freedom fighter, who participated in the Goa Liberation Movement.
1) Bhavabhushan Mitra
2) Shyamji Krishna Varma
3) Mohan Ranade
4) Surendranath Tagore
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mohan Ranade
Veteran freedom fighter Mohan Ranade passed away in Pune, Maharashtra at the age of 90. He participated in the Goa Liberation Movement. He was born in 1929 at Sangli in Maharashtra. In 1995, he was arrested by Portuguese Police and spent 14 years in prison in Lisbon. After the liberation of Goa in 1961, he was released in 1969. He was inspired by leaders like Ganesh Damodar Savarkar and Vinay Damodar Savarkar.He was a lawyer by profession, was awarded the Padma Shri in 2001.
- Name the Indian film actor, who penned an Auto-Biography titled “Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly”, published by Penguin Random House?
1) Sanjay Dutt
2) Anupam Kher
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Naseeruddin Shah
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anupam Kher
Veteran Actor Anupam Kher, aged 64, has penned an Auto-Biography titled “Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly”. It will be launched on August 5, 2019. It will look into the life and times of the actor. The book will be published by Hay House in partnership with Penguin Random House. Kher is the winner of two National awards, eight Filmfare awards and a BAFTA nomination. He is a recipient of the Padma Shree Award in 2004 and Padma Bhushan Award in 2016.He has acted in more than 530 films in several languages, both in India and the West, 100 plays and numerous TV shows.
- On which date, Indian Air Force(IAF) commemorated the 20 years of Kargil war at Gwalior Air Base?
1) June 21
2) June 22
3) June 23
4) June 24
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) June 24
On June 24, 2019, The Indian Air Force (IAF) commemorated 20 years of Kargil war at Gwalior Air Base which turned into a war theater with reforming some of the air operations in 1999. Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa was the chief guest of the event IAF used Mirage 2000 fighter aircraft to reenact Tiger Hill attack and displayed aircraft used during ‘Operation Vijay’ in Madhya Pradesh’s Gwalior during the event.Five Mirage 2000, two MiG 21s and one Sukoi 30 MKI were showcased at the base. One of the Mirage 2000s showcased the Spice bomb carrier which was used in the Balakot airstrike in February 2019.
- Day of the seafarer is observed annually on ___________?
1) June 25
2) June 22
3) June 23
4) June 24
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) June 25
On June 25, 2019, Day of the seafarer was celebrated throughout the world. The day recognizes the unique and vital role of seafarers in the global community. The theme for Day of the Seafarer 2019 is, “Get on board with gender equality”. The 2019 campaign is dubbed as “I Am On Board with gender equality”.The International Maritime Organization (IMO) is calling on everyone in the maritime world and beyond to get on board with this year’s theme of gender equality and declare their support.June 25 was declared as the Day of the seafarer in a resolution adopted by the 2010 Diplomatic Conference in Manila to adopt the revised STCW (Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping for Seafarers ) Convention.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of International Maritime Organization (IMO) located ?Answer – London
- Who is the Managing Director of Sundaram Finance ?Answer – T T Srinivasaraghavan
- Where is the Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) Airport located?Answer – Agartala, Tripura
The airport was in news recently, because it is set to become the third international airport in the northeastern region by the end of this year or by early 2020.
- When was NITI Aayog formed ?Answer – 2015
- Where is the headquarter of Space Exploration Technologies Corp (SpaceX) located?Answer – Hawthorne, California, US
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification