AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs June 22 2019
- Where was the 35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting held recently ?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On June 21, 2019, the 35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting was held in New Delhi.
- Who chaired the 35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting in New Delhi ?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Anurag Singh Thakur
3) Girish Chandra Murmu
4) Vipul Bansal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nirmala Sitharaman
35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting was held in New Delhi.It was chaired by the Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and it was her first meeting after assuming the office.
- How much year of extension was given to the tenure of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAAs) in 35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting?
1) Five years
2) Four years
3) Three years
4) Two years
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Two years
Tenure of National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) was due to end by 30 November 2019. GST Council extended this tenure by two years, in order to enable it to take up all the pending cases. The authority can take up new cases in future due to rate cut issues, indicating that the GST Council has plans for further rationalisation of GST rates.
- From which year, the 35th Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council decided to introduce electronic invoicing system in a phase-wise manner for B2B (Business to Business) transactions ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2020
The Council decided to introduce electronic invoicing system in a phase-wise manner for B2B (Business to Business) transactions from 1 January 2020. Using this system, no separate e-way bill will be required in case of e-invoice. It will help to combat the menace of tax evasion.
- Where was the world’s largest multi-stage, multi-purpose scheme Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) inaugurated ?
1) Wayanad, Kerala
2) Cuddapah, Andhra Pradesh
4) Bellary, Karnataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Medigadda,Telangana
On June 21, 2019, The first phase of the world’s largest multi-stage, multi-purpose scheme Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) worth Rs 80,000 crore was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Telangana Chandrashekar Rao at Medigadda in Jayashankar-Bhupalpally district near the borders with Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
- On which riverbank is the world’s largest multi-stage, multi-purpose Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) built?
1) Godavari River
2) Musi River
3) Krishna River
4) Bhima River
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Godavari River
It is constructed by Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Limited (MEIL). The project, built across Godavari river, has become the world’s biggest in terms of capacity with 3 Barrages, 1531 km of Gravity Canals, 203 km of Tunnels, 20 Lifts, 19 Pump houses and 20 Reservoirs with total capacity of 147 TMC water irrigating 37 lakh acres.
- What is the code name given by Indian Air Force(IAF) to pre-dawn air strikes conducted by Mirage-2000 fighters against the major Jaish-e-Mohammed training facility at Balakot in Pakistan ?
1) Operation Calm Down
2) Operation Bandar
3) Operation All Out
4) Operation Parakram
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Operation Bandar
On June 21, 2019, The Indian Air Force mission to bomb a terrorist hideout in Pakistan’s Balakot was codenamed ‘Operation Bandar’ (Monkey). The codename was also chosen by the IAF to maintain top secrecy for the operation which involved 12 Mirage 2000 jets crossing over into Pakistani territory to completely destroy a large Jaish-e-Mohammed terror camp in Balakot.The name was possibly inspired by the fact that monkeys have always held a special place in India’s war culture, as evident in Lord Hanuman’s exploits in Ravana’s kingdom of SriLanka.
- Under which of the following scheme, 1253 stations were identified for development and 1,103 railway stations were developed recently?
1) Adarsh Station Scheme(ASS)
2) Model Station Scheme(MSS)
3) Modern Station Scheme(MSS)
4) Upgrade Station Scheme(USS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Adarsh Station Scheme(ASS)
On June 21, 2019, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha stated that under Adarsh Station Scheme (ASS), of the 1,253 stations which were identified for development, 1,103 railway stations were developed. Modernisation and upgradation of railway stations in Indian Railways are undertaken from time to time under various modernisation schemes such as Model Station Scheme, Modern Station Scheme and Adarsh Station Scheme.The remaining stations are planned to be developed by 2019-20.68 stations were identified for soft upgradation and all stations were upgraded in the year 2018-19.
- Which two countries have decided to deepen cooperation in cyber security sector ?
1) India and Japan
2) India and France
3) India and Russia
4) India and U.S.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India and France
To combat terror in cyber space, India and France have decided to develop effective mechanism and coordinate their efforts in cyber space. Consultations held on fight against cybercrime and the use of the Internet for terrorist purposes.The two sides affirmed their commitment to an open, reliable, secure, stable and peaceful cyberspace.Fourth Indo-French cyber dialogue will be held in India.
- Where was the third Indo-French cyber dialogue 2019 held ?
1) Mumbai, India
2) Lyon, France
3) New Delhi, India
4) Paris, France
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Paris,France
On June 20,2019 ,The third Indo-French cyber dialogue 2019 was held in Paris,France. The meeting was co-chaired by Henri Verdier, French Ambassador for Digital Affairs, and Upender Singh Rawat, Joint Secretary in charge of e-Governance, Information Technology and Cyber Diplomacy at the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Which country has recently discovered its first iron ore mine ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bangladesh
On June 19, 2019 Country’s first iron ore mine was discovered at Isabpur village in Dinajpur of Bangladesh. The discovery was done by the Geological Survey of Bangladesh (GSB).At a depth of 1,330 feet, a 400-foot thick iron layer was discovered and it is extended over an area of 6-10 square kilometers. Percentage of iron: It is 60 in the mine, which is higher in quality in comparison to other iron ore mines in the world.Other countries: Canada, China, Brazil Sweden and Australia which comprises less than 50 percent of iron.
- What does A stands for in FATF ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Action
A stands for Action. The full form of Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- Name the first Arab country, which recently received full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) .
2) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia became the first Arab country to get full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). With this, the number of permanent members in the group accounted to 39. The membership was admitted into the global money laundering watchdog after the group’s Annual General Meeting in Orlando, Florida where FATF celebrated its 30th anniversary of its first meeting which was held in Paris in 1989.Saudi Arabia had received an invitation from FATF in 2015 to join as an “observer member”.
- Which bank has recently issued new rules for cash deposits and withdrawals for its customers ?
1) Indian Bank
2) Bank of Baroda
3) State Bank of India
4) Canara Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Canara Bank
Canara Bank has issued new rules for its customers regarding cash deposits and withdrawals effective from July 1, 2019.
- How many times cash deposit of up to Rs 50,000 can be made in Canara Bank at free of service charge as per their new guidelines ?
1) One time /month
2) Two time/month
3) Three time/month
4) Four time/month
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Three time/month
The customers of the Canara bank can deposit cash in Savings bank account up to Rs 50,000 for free only thrice a month and the fourth transaction will be charged.From the fourth transaction or for cash deposits over Rs 50,000, there will be a service charge of Rs 1 per thousand, with a minimum of Rs 50 and a maximum of Rs 5,000 plus GST (Good and Service Tax).
- What’s the maximum withdrawal amount that needs to be charged for service fee of minimum Rs.100 at Canara Bank?
1) Rs.5 Lakh
2) Rs.3 Lakh
3) Rs.2 Lakh
4) Rs.10 Lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.5 Lakh
In canara Bank current account/overdraft/open cash credit account holders a minimum Rs 100 will be charged on the withdrawal of Rs 5 lakh or more in a month.Service charges will not be applicable to pensioners, senior citizens, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana beneficiaries and zero balance account holders.
- Name the bank which has raised Rs 300 crore through Basel-III compliant bonds for improving their risk management techniques .
1) State Bank of India
2) Federal Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Federal Bank
Kochi based Federal Bank announced that it has raised Rs 300 crore through Basel-III compliant bonds for improving their risk management techniques and to address the growing risks. The plan was taken by credit investment and raising capital committee of the bank.The committee allotted1000 rated, Basel III compliant, unsecured, redeemable, non-convertible tier II bonds having a face value of Rs. 10,00,000 each, with an option to retain oversubscription of up to 2,000 rated Basel III Compliant bonds aggregating to Rs 300 crore and the capital was raised on the private placement basis.
- Which two entities have received Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) approval to launch drones under the “Digital Sky” regulatory framework ?
1) Aurora Integrated Systems Pvt. Ltd. and Asteria Aerospace Pvt. Ltd.
2) Asteria Aerospace Pvt. Ltd. and Skylark Drones
3) Skylark Drones and Throttle Aerospace Systems (TAS)
4) RcBazaar Bangalore and Asteria Aerospace Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of these
Answer – 3) Skylark Drones and Throttle Aerospace Systems (TAS)
On June 21, 2019, The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) gave its approval to Skylark Drones and Throttle Aerospace Systems (TAS) of Bengaluru to launch its drones as they are compliant with the NP-NT (No permission – No take-off) protocol under the “Digital Sky” regulatory framework for drones, which came into effect on December 1, 2018.It will open the way for commercial use of drones (unmanned aircraft) for works such as agriculture, health, and disaster relief and military operations. Both drones, also known as Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), are in the micro category which doesn’t require pilot licences.
- Name the Country’s Accreditation body,which got its international recognition for its accreditation programme for personnel certification bodies during Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) Annual Meetings 2019 in Singapore.
1) Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies of India (ABCBI)
2) Bharat Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (BABCB)
3) India Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (IABCB)
4) National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
On June 21, 2019, Country’s Accreditation body, The National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB), has got its international recognition for its accreditation programme for personnel certification bodies. It was held in Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) Annual Meetings 2019 in Singapore.
- Who was appointed as India’s representative in the Council of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) for a period of three years ?
1) Shefali Juneja
2) Anup Wadhawan
3) Alok Shekhar
4) Sanjay Kothari
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shefali Juneja
On June 21, 2019, As per the order issued by personnel Ministry, Government of India, Shefali Juneja, a 1992 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre) was appointed as India’s representative in the Council of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) for a period of three years. She is currently serving as the Joint Secretary in Ministry of Civil Aviation (MCA). She will replace Alok Shekhar (IAS officer ) who named for the post in October 2015.
- Which two entities merger will be effective on July 4, 2019 ?
1) Yes Bank and Shamrao Vithal Co Operative Bank
2) IndusInd Bank and Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL)
3) HDFC Bank and Shamrao Vithal Co Operative Bank
4) ICICI Bank and Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IndusInd Bank and Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL)
The merger of Mumbai based Private sector lender ,IndusInd Bank and country’s leading micro-finance player, Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL) of Hyderabad will be effective on July 4, 2019. The boards of IndusInd and BFIL decided that on July 4, the NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal )Order will be filed by BFIL and IFIL with the Registrar of Companies. On June 10, 2019, The NCLT sanctioned the scheme of arrangement about BFIL, IndusInd, and IFIL (Induslnd Financial Inclusion )and their respective shareholders and creditors.
- Which bank has received approval from Competition Commission of India (CCI) to merge with Indiabulls Housing Finance ?
1) South Indian Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
4) Dhanlaxmi Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
On June 20, 2019, The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposed merger of the Indiabulls Housing Finance with Lakshmi Vilas Bank. In April 2018, the board of Lakshmi Vilas Bank had announced its merger with Indiabulls Housing Finance in a share-swap deal. The bank will get 14 shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance for every 100 shares they hold.
- Which country’s researchers have developed a new type of cooling vest for sports athletes which helps them to compete safely in sweltering summer conditions ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Japan
Japanese researchers from Hiroshima University have developed a new type of cooling vest for sports athletes which helps them to compete safely in sweltering summer conditions. The aim of the vest is to cool the athletes’ upper-body skin which can decrease heart rate and temperature of their neck and skin.This will help the athletes of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be held in the hot and humid Japanese summer where the ambient temperature is expected to be above 33 degrees Celsius,
- Where was the 2019 Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship held ?
1) Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
2) Bangkok, Thailand
3) Hiroshima, Japan
4) Putian, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
8th edition of Senior Asian Artistic Championships or 2019 Asian Artistic Gymnastic championship in Buyant Ukhaa Sport Palace, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Name the Indian gymnast, who won bronze medal in women’s vault event at 2019 Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship, Mongolia .
1) Dipa Karmakar
2) Pranati Nayak
3) Pritam Singh
4) Bandu Bhosle
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pranati Nayak
Indian Gymnast, Pranati Nayak aged 23 won bronze medal in vault event at the 8th edition of Senior Asian Artistic Championships in Buyant Ukhaa Sport Palace, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.She hails from West Bengal, India. Yu Linmin from China and Ayaka Sakaguchi from Japan won the gold and silver medal in the vault event.
- Which Indian entity has signed a multi-year deal with Cricket Australia (CA) to become the digital technology partner of CA ?
3) HCL Technologies
4) Tata Consultancy Services
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HCL Technologies
Indian multinational information technology service, HCL Technologies (Hindustan Computers Limited, HCL) has signed a multi-year deal with Cricket Australia (CA), the administrative body of Australian Cricket, which is India’s third largest sports deal. Accenture was working with Cricket Australia for a five-year deal from November 2013 before HCL. Under the partnership, HCL to become the digital technology partner of CA. HCL will help CA by engaging more fans, cricketers, fans, employees, and volunteers through digital experience around the world.
- Name the deceased Mridangam exponent, former top grade staff artist of All India Radio(AIR) and Kalaimamani awardee, who passed away in Trichy, Tamil Nadu .
1) Kumbakonam M Rajappa Iyer
2) Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan
3) Vellore G. Ramabhadran
4) Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy
Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy, Veteran Mridangam exponent and former top grade staff artist of All India Radio(AIR) passed away in Trichy, Tamil Nadu. He was born in Trichy. He was appointed as Artist of All India Radio by the British Government and later on served 42 years in Indian Government as a mridhangam artist.He has been chosen into the “A” Grade Artist by the first panel committee.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Keoladeo Ghana National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Rajasthan
- Where is the headquarter of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) ?Answer – Montreal, Canada
- What is the tagline of Canara Bank ?Answer – Together we can
- Who is the President of Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?Answer – Marshall Billingslea
- Who is the CEO of IndusInd Bank ?Answer – Romesh Sobti
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification