AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which state has received approval from the central government for setting up an e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Assam
Central Government has permitted to set up e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam. It is a quasi-judicial authority which assesses the question of authenticity of a person’s citizenship. It should be set up by July 31, 2019 when the final list of National Register of Citizens (NRC) is published. The people left out in the final NRC can challenge their exclusion through these tribunals.
- Who was appointed as the CEO of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) mission in Assam ?
1) Sanjay Mehrotra
2) Anand Prakash Tiwari
3) Rajeev Suri
4) Sanjay Jha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anand Prakash Tiwari
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam is Anand Prakash Tiwari. It will help in effective monitoring and resolution of cases registered with Foreigner Tribunal.It will help to strengthen the Judiciary in the disposal of cases and assist the Police organization in faster detection, prosecution and detention. The main aim of the project is to maintain a statewide biometric and biographic data in order to capture the illegal migrants’ data to computerize data flow for all the stakeholders. Along with this, it will also help in the legalization of eligible beneficiaries for welfare schemes.
- Where was the two day event of Maritime Information Sharing Workshop 2019(MISW 2019) held recently ?
1) Guwahati, Assam
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gurugram,Haryana
The two day event of Maritime Information Sharing Workshop 2019(MISW 2019) hosted by the Indian Navy under the aegis of the Information Fusion Centre-Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR)held in Gurugram,Haryana on June 12,2019. The workshop was inaugurated by Vice Admiral MS Pawar, Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff. It saw the participation of more than 41 delegates from 29 countries of Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and beyond.
- Which entity has joined hands with Directorate General of Training (DGT) along with Cisco to skill youth for digital economy through Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Accenture
On June 14, 2019, Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) joined hands with Cisco and Accenture, private sector companies, to skill youth for digital economy through Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs). The implementation partner is Quest Alliance. The program consists of tailor-made curriculum with modules for digital literacy, career readiness, employability skills and advanced technology skills such as data analytics, and a blended learning model enabled by a combination of online self-learning via the Bharat Skills portal and in-classroom modules.
- Which country has constituted 21% of global internet users for the year 2018 and topped the report on internet trends released by venture capitalist Mary Meeker?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) China
According to the report on internet trends released by the venture capitalist Mary Meeker stated that China leads the chart with 21% of global internet users while U.S (United States) placed third with 8%. Now the total internet users (3.88 billion)is more than half the world’s population.
- What is the rank of India, that witness 12% of world internet users (close to 455 million) in the year 2018 as per the report on internet trends by the venture capitalist Mary Meeker?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2nd
According to the report on internet trends released by the venture capitalist Mary Meeker stated that India ranks second by witnessing 12% world internet users (close to 455 million). The growth in internet users in India was mainly driven by low price data plans introduced by Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd and cheaper smartphones.
- Which country will ban single use plastics from 2021 with a goal “Zero plastic waste (from) coast to coast” ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Canada
On June 10, 2019, The Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced to ban single use plastics from 2021. The products which are expected to be banned are cotton swabs, cutlery, plates, straws, bags and drink stirrers. The goal of the government is “Zero plastic waste (from) coast to coast”. This is done to reduce ocean waste. The estimated figures show that one million birds and over 100,000 marine mammals die or get injured when they get caught in plastic or ingest it.The decision was made following the establishment of an Ocean Plastics Charter at the G7 conference 2018.
- Name the bank, which was reported with highest number of fraud cases in India in the last 11 fiscal years i.e, between 2008-09 and 2018-19.
1) ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank
2) State Bank of India (SBI)
3) HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Bank
4) Bank of Baroda
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank
Central bank of the country, the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) data revealed that 53,334 fraud cases worth Rs. 2.05 lakh crore hit the banks in India in the last 11 fiscal years i.e, between 2008-09 and 2018-19. The highest number of cases were reported in ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank, State Bank of India (SBI) and HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Bank.
- Which committee has recommended banks to grout Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) to a wall, pillar, or floor by September 30, 2019 ?
1) Sustainable Structuring
2) Committee on distribution of Currency
3) Committee on Currency Movement (CCM)
4) Committee on the Development of Secondary Market for Corporate Currency
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Committee on Currency Movement (CCM)
On June 14, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) asked the banks to grout Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) to a wall, pillar, or floor by September 30, 2019 in order to mitigate risks in ATM operations and increase security. Exceptions were given to the ATMs installed in high secured premises such as airports as they have adequate CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) coverage and are guarded by state/central security personnel.The measure was adopted by the RBI after the recommendations made by the Committee on Currency Movement (CCM) under the chairmanship of DK Mohanty which was formed in 2016.All the ATMs will be operated for cash replenishment only with digital One Time Combination (OTC) locks.
- What is the new Third Party (TP) motor insurance premium for small and medium private cars for 2019-20 revised by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 12-12.5%
On June 4, 2019, The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) hiked the Third Party (TP) motor insurance premium for small and medium private cars by 12-12.5% for 2019-20. The rates are applicable from June 16, 2019. TP premium for two-wheelers and heavy vehicles was also increased. These powers which are provided to IRDAI are mentioned under Section 14 (2) (i) of the IRDA Act, 1999. Two-wheelers with engine capacities between 150cc and 350cc witnessed the highest percentage increase at 21.11%. Rates were increased from Rs 985 to Rs 1,193. For two-wheelers between 75 cc and 150 cc, it hiked TP rate by 4.44% to Rs 752.
- Which mutual fund investment platform launched ‘Selfiewala KYC’ feature for the first-time mutual fund investors for completing the KYC(Know Your Customer) process from their home or office ?
1) Motilal Oswal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) FundzBazar
FundzBazar, an online mutual fund investment platform launched by Prudent, launched ‘Selfiewala KYC’ feature for the first-time mutual fund investors. Through this platform, investors can complete their KYC (Know your Customer) process from their home or office using mobile or laptop in just a few minutes. This feature allows the investors to carry out the IPV (In-Person Verification) by uploading a video and a selfie which in turn speeds up the KYC process and saves time.
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) and ECL Finance has signed an agreement to form a strategic co-operation in which field ?
1) MSME loans
2) KYC Norms
3) Housing loans
4) Industrial Policy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) MSME loans
On June 12, 2019, the Bank of Baroda (BoB) and ECL Finance, the flagship non-banking financial company of Edelweiss Group, signed an agreement to form a strategic partnership to explore co-lending opportunities. They will offer loans and expertise for the growing needs of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), self-employed and priority sector groups.They will provide timely delivery of credit to customers at a significantly lower cost.
- Which missile manufacturing company has signed a contract with Indian Navy worth Rs 1,188 crore for the supply of Heavyweight Torpedoes – Varunastra ?
1) Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited
2) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers(GRSE)
3) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
4) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) signed a contract with Indian Navy worth Rs 1,188 crore for the supply of Heavyweight Torpedoes – Varunastra. The contract was signed by NP Diwakar, Director (Technical), BDL and Nidhi Chhibber, Joint Secretary & Acquisition Manager (Maritime & Systems), Ministry of Defence, Govt of India in New Delhi. The contract will be executed over the next 42 months. Varunastra, a ship- electrically propelled underwater weapon, will be manufactured at BDL Visakhapatnam Unit under collaboration with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Who won the Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 award for a history book in English ?
1) Govind Sharma
2) Devika Cariapa
3) Vijay Sharma
4) Salim Sardar Mulla
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Devika Cariapa
On June 14, 2019, Sahitya Akademi, which is announced annually, has selected the list of 22 writers for the Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 and 23 writers for Yuva Puraskar 2019. The approval for the selection of awardees was given by the Executive Board of the Akademi under the Chairmanship of its President, Dr. Chandrashekhar Kambar in Agartala, Tripura. The Award in the form of a casket will contain an engraved copper-plaque and a cheque of Rs.50,000. History book by Devika Cariapa (English) and 1 Play by R K Sanahanbi Chanu (Manipuri) won the Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 award.
- Name the Pune based social activist, who was conferred with ‘Save Water Hero Award’ ?
1) Ajay Soni
2) Anuj Lugun
3) Tanuj Solanki
4) Makarand Tilloo
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Makarand Tilloo
On June 11, 2019, Social activist Makarand Tilloo was conferred with ‘Save Water Hero Award’. He received this award for his efforts to raise awareness about water conservation in the city. The award ceremony was held in Pune, Maharashtra. Makarand Tilloo, a Laughter Yoga trainer and motivational speaker by profession, started a campaign to save water by replacing leaking taps with new ones.He was honoured by the HridayMitra Foundation in the presence of writer and philanthropist Ramchandra Dekhane, Kothrud Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Medha Kulkarni and foundation president Shrikant Mundada.
- Who was honoured during the 22nd edition of the Emirates Recycling Awards in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) for keeping the environment clean by collecting paper wastes ?
1) Nia Tony
2) Kirti Bharti
3) Lakshmi Agarwal
4) Sunitha Krishnan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nia Tony
Nia Tony, an eight year old Indian girl was honoured during the 22nd edition of the Emirates Recycling Awards in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) for her role in keeping the environment clean by collecting paper wastes. The campaign was organized by the Emirates Environmental Group (EEG), a non-governmental professional working group based in UAE. The eco-warrior, Tony was honoured with Eco Champions of Recycling award for her role in saving the environment.
- Where was the world’s highest operating automated weather stations was installed by National Geographic Society recently ?
1) Mount Kamet
2) Mount Nanda Devi
3) Mount Everest
4) Mount Kirat Chuli
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mount Everest
On June 14, 2019 National Geographic Society scientists and researchers announced that they installed the world’s highest operating automated weather stations on Mount Everest, including five other automated stations on other parts of the mountain. The other five weather stations that are located in the Mount Everest are in Balcony area (8,430 m), South Col (7,945m) Phortse (3,810 m), Everest Base Camp (5,315 m) and Camp II (6,464 m).The weather station provides the real-time information about mountain conditions such as data on temperature, relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed, and wind direction for the benefit of researchers, climbers, and the public.
- Which country’s president was honoured with the Kyrgyzstan’s Highest National Award, “Manas Order of the First Degree” ?
1) India-Ram Nath Kovind
2) China-Xi Jinping
3) U.S.-Donald Trump
4) Russia-Vladimir Putin
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China-Xi Jinping
On June 14, 2019 , Chinese President Xi Jinping was conferred with Kyrgyzstan’s Highest National Award, “Manas Order of the First Degree” in Kyrgyzstan for developing the Kyrgyzstan-China comprehensive strategic partnership.The award was presented by President of Kyrgyzstan ,Sooronbay Jeenbekov.Xi Jinping, who is on a state visit to Kyrgyzstan and to take part in two-day 19th SCO summit.
- Which year is set as target by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to have its own Space station?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2030
On June 13, 2019, The Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K Sivan announced that India will have its own Space station by 2030. This will help ISRO to send more astronauts to space. A space station is like a habitable artificial satellite that is designed to remain in space and is capable of being inhabited by crew members for an extended period of time. The Project is an extension of Gaganyaan mission.The proposal to set up the space station will be sent to the central government for approval after India’s first Gaganyaan mission by 2022.The project will be executed in 5-7 years and the proposed cost of the project is not disclosed.
- Name the country, which was invited by South American Football Federation, CONMEBOL to participate in the 2020 COPA America .
2) New Zealand
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 1 & 3Answer – 5) Both 1 & 3
The South American Football Federation,CONMEBOL has invited the Australia and Qatar to take part in 2020 COPA America. The 2020 Copa America will be held jointly by Colombia and Argentina. The announcement came the day before the 2019 competition kicks off in Sao Paulo in Brazil which facing Bolivia. Qatar and Australia will join 10 South American nations in the 2020 tournament.Qatar and Japan are the guest teams at Copa 2019 scheduled to be held in Brazil.The 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2019 AFC Asian Cup champions host Qatar is making its Copa America debut 2019 tournament.
- What is the rank of India as per the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Rankings ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 101
As per latest list released by FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Rankings, Indian football team remains at 101st.
- Which country topped in the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Rankings that is released recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Belgium
Belgium continued to top in the list.The top countries in the list are Belgium(1), France (2), Brazil (3), England(4) Portugal (5) Croatia (6) Spain(7)Uruguay (8), Switzerland (9) and Denmark(10). ii. Asian countries rank: Indian is at 18th position among Asian countries, followed by Iran (20th), Japan (28), Korea (37), Australia (43) and Qatar (55).
- What was the theme of the World Elder Abuse Awareness day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Lifting Up Voices”
2) Theme – “Moving from Awareness to Action through a Human Rights based approach”
3) Theme – “Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue”
4) Theme – “One Peson, One Action, One Nation”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Lifting Up Voices”
The World Elder Abuse Awareness day is being observed across the globe on 15 June every year. The theme of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2019 is “Lifting Up Voices”. The purpose of this day is to provide awareness of the cultural, social, economic, and demographic processes affecting elder abuse and neglect. This day was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of United Arab Emirates (UAE) ?Answer – Capital: Abu Dhabi & Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Who is the chief of the Naval Staff of India ?Answer – Admiral Karambir Singh
- What is the tagline of Bank of Baroda ?Answer – India’s International Bank
- Directorate General of Training (DGT) works under which ministry ?Answer – Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- Dibru-Saikhowa National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Assam