AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- By which year, the central government has decided to provide clean drinking tap water to all citizens ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2024
On June 11, 2019, The minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat announced that central Government committed to provide clean drinking water to all citizens by 2024, which is one of the polls promises given by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.The ministry assured that there are over14 crore households will be benefitted by the plan.Present Status: Now only 18 per cent of rural households have accessed drinking water.
- Name the scheme launched by Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat which aims to provide clean drinking tap water to the 14 crore households in India .
1) Nal Se Jal
2) Jal nal yojna
3) Se Jal yojana
4) Jal Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nal Se Jal
Recently, The scheme “Nal se Jal” launched by the Jal Shakti ministry, which aims to provide drinking water by 2024.During 17th Lok Sabha election campaign, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had promised to create an integrated ministry to deal with water-related issues.
- Which country’s railway agency has entered into tripartite agreement worth 7 lakh euros with Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) to boost capacity building for railway station development program in India ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) France
Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) entered into a Tripartite Agreement with French National Railways (SNCF)and French Development Agency (AFD). Under this agreement, a grant up to 7 lakh euros will be provided to boost capacity building for railway station development program in India.It was signed in the presence of Suresh Angadi, Minister of State of Railways, and Jean Baptiste Lemoyne, Minister of State for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France, Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France in India and other senior officers of French Embassy and Indian Railways.AFD, a French agency, will finance up to 7,00,000 EURO, through French National Railways (SNCF)-Hubs and Connexions as a Technical Partner to IRSDC.There will be no financial liability on IRSDC or on Indian Railways.
- Where was the Kazakh-Indian Investment forum held ?
1) Almaty, Kazakhstan
2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
3) New Delhi, India
4) Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Kazakh-Indian Investment Forum was held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on June 7, 2019, to attract investments. It was organized by the Embassy of Kazakhstan in India with the support of the Honorary Consulate of Kazakhstan in the state of Gujarat Dilip Chandan, the National Company- Kazakh Invest and Jain International Trade Organization.The event witnessed the participation of the leaders of more than 30 Indian companies.Preliminary agreements were given during the B2B (business-to-business), also known as e-biz, meetings.
- Bancha became India’s first all-solar kitchen village, it is in which state?
1) Kolasib district of Mizoram
2) Kiphire district of Nagaland
3) Betul district of Madhya Pradesh
4) Nanded district of Maharashtra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Betul district of Madhya Pradesh
Bancha in Betul district of Madhya Pradesh became the first village in India to have zero wooden stoves. There was no use for Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders as all 75 houses relied on solar-powered stoves to meet their cooking needs. The solar-powered stoves were developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai. The project of installing plates, solar-powered batteries and stoves in all the houses was started in September 2017 and was completed by December 2018.
- Which country topped the 3rd End of Childhood Index for the year 2019, released by United Kingdom (UK) based non-profit organisation ‘Save the Children’ ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Singapore
According to the 3rd End of Childhood Index, a part of Changing Lives in Our Lifetime – Global Childhood Report 2019, Singapore topped the index with the score of 989 and 8 European countries figured among the top 10. South Korea stood at the 10th position. The last rank was given to Central African Republic which scored 394. When compared with the neighbouring countries, India ranked fourth, behind Bhutan (98), Sri Lanka (56) and China (36).
- What is the rank of India in 3rd End of Childhood Index for the year 2019, released by United Kingdom (UK) based non-profit organisation ‘Save the Children’ ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 113
According to the 3rd End of Childhood Index, a part of Changing Lives in Our Lifetime – Global Childhood Report 2019, India was ranked 113 in 176 countries on the wellbeing of children with 769 score out of 1000. The Index was released on May 28, 2019 by ‘Save the Children’, a United Kingdom (UK) based non-profit organisation which works for child rights.
- Where was the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting held recently ?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Fukuoka, Japan
3) Beijing, China
4) Washington, D.C., U.S.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Fukuoka, Japan
As a part of setting the stage for 2019 G20 Summit, to be held in Osaka, Japan, from 28-29 June 2019, a G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meet was held in Fukuoka, Japan on 8-9 June. It was one of the 8 ministerial meetings taking place in Japan before 2019 G20 summit. This is for the first time that Japan is hosting the G20 Summit & Ministerial Meetings at its eight different locations.
- Who led Indian Delegation to G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meet held In Fukuoka, Japan ?
1) Anant Geete
2) Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nirmala Sitharaman
G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meet was held in Fukuoka, Japan on 8-9 June.The Indian side was led by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman which was comprised of Subhash C. Garg, Finance Secretary & Secretary Economic Affairs, Dr. Viral Acharya, Deputy Governor of RBI and other officers The ministers have called for the creation of a digital tax for multinational technology companies in order to prevent tax evasion and to modernise policies.
- Which country’s Indian Embassy organized the ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’ to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi ?
1) Saudi Arabia
3) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Saudi Arabia
On June 7,2019, To mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Indian Embassy organized the ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’, in Saudi Arabia. The rally was organized in association with the Diplomatic Quarter Authority and Saudi Cycling Federation. The rally was flagged off by the Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dr.Ausaf Sayeed.The Saudi nationals, diplomats, Indian Diaspora attended the rally.This was the first time this kind of rally held in Diplomatic Quarters in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Where was the 2nd Global Disability Summit held recently ?
1) Tokyo, Japan
2) New Delhi, India
3) Beijing, China
4) Buenos Aires, Argentina
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Buenos Aires, Argentina
The 2nd Global Disability Summit was held at Buenos Aires, Argentina from June 6 to June 8, 2019. The objectives of the summit were to deliberate on issues across the world concerning empowerment and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and to work out a mechanism for enabling them to live an independent and dignified life.
- Who led the Indian delegation for 2nd Global Disability Summit held in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Thaawar chand Gehlot
3) D.V. Sadananda Gowda
4) Arjun Munda
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Thaawar chand Gehlot
2nd Global Disability Summit was held at Buenos Aires, Argentina from June 6 to June 8, 2019. Indian delegation was headed by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawar chand Gehlot and it comprised of Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Smt Shankutala Gamlin, Joint Secretary, DEPwD, Dr. Prabodh Seth and Shri Neeraj Semwal, Private Secretary to Union Minister.
- Who was the head of 6-member committee constituted by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to review ATM pricing ?
1) Sanjeev Patel
2) Sampath Kumar
3) V.G. Kannan
4) G.K. Nair
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) V.G. Kannan
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) constituted 6-member committee headed by VG Kannan, Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) to review ATM pricing.It will review the existing interchange fee and pricing structures to reduce prices for customers on Automated Teller Machines (ATM) transactions with a broader objective to improve rural penetration of teller machines.
- Which organization has released the report, indicating that the overall non-performing assets (NPAs) stock has declined at a great pace to 9.3% in March 2019, below RBI’s (Reserve Bank of India) estimate?
2) Fitch Ratings
3) Moody’s Corporation
4) ICRA Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) CRISIL
As per the Crisil report, the overall non-performing assets (NPAs) stock has declined at a great pace to 9.3% in March 2019 in comparison to the 11.5% in March 2018. This decline is more than the RBI’s (Reserve Bank of India) estimate.This shows a positive sign of recovery from the Non-performing asset load as the NPA ratio of both public and private sector banks showed a half-yearly decline, for the first time since March 2015.The decline is supported by the RBI’s asset quality review and also with the enactment of the bankruptcy law for resolving the cases.
- Which country has extended financial aid of 1. 6 billion Nepalese rupees to Nepal for rebuilding earthquake affected houses in Nuwakot and Gorkha districts?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
The Indian government has extended the financial aid of 1.6 billion Nepalese rupees to Nepal for the rebuilding of houses in Nuwakot and Gorkha districts, which were damaged in the devastating earthquake in 2015. The cheque for the same was handed over by India’s ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri to Finance Secretary of Nepal Rajan Khanal.India is maintaining its commitment regarding the completion of post-earthquake reconstruction projects in the Himalayan nation. As of now, India has granted Nepal a total of 4.5 billion Nepalese rupees under the housing reconstruction projects.
- Which country’s import to India is declined by 92% in March 2019 to $2.84 million ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pakistan
Imports from Pakistan to India declined by 92% in March 2019 to $2.84 million due to the imposition of 200% customs duties on all products after Pulwama terror attack. India had hiked the customs duty to 200% on all goods imported from Pakistan including cotton, fresh fruits, cement, petroleum products and mineral ore on February 16, 2019. It had also revoked the MFN (Most Favoured Nation) status which was given to Pakistan in 1996.
- Which entity topped the “BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand ranking 2019” Index and became the world’s most valuable brand worth $315.5 billion?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Amazon
According to the report, “BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand ranking 2019”, compiled by WPP research agency Kantar states that American multinational technology company, Amazon has overtaken Apple and Google to become the world’s most valuable brand at $315.5 billion. The brand value of Amazon grew 52% between 2018 and 2019, while Apple (2nd place) grew 3% to $309.5 billion, Google (3rd place )at $309 billion grew 2%.Microsoft is at fourth place with a value of $251bn.Google stood at the top rank in 2018 but in 2019, Amazon jumped from third to top to replace Google.
- Name the automobile maker brand which received the Gold award from South Africa ‘s National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).
1) Mahindra Group
2) Tata Motors
3) Mahindra & Mahindra
4) Honda Motor Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mahindra Group
On June 10, 2019, The automobile Giant Mahindra Group won the Gold Award in South Africa. It clinches the top spot among 29 vehicle brands for the award.Mahindra Group received the Gold award from National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).Satisfaction among its dealers and being fair and responsive in the way allocated vehicles to its dealers gave the Mahindra group at the top honor.It has 60 dealers in South Africa.
- Who was appointed as the interim Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) for a term of four years ?
1) Shashi Kant Sharma
2) Sunil Kumar Sharma
3) K. V. Chowdary
4) Sharad Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sharad Kumar
On June 11,2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed selection panel has named Vigilance Commissioner Sharad Kumar as interim Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) for a term of four years or till he attains the age of 65. The move comes after the Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) KV Chowdary completed his tenure at anti-graft body. Mr. Sharad Kumar was a former head of the National investigation agency (NIA).He was appointed as the Vigilance Commissioner on June 2018 and his tenure will end on October 2020.
- Which country has elected Kassym-Jomart Tokayev as its president ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kazakhstan
On June 11, 2019, the interim president, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, aged 66, was elected as Kazakhstan’s president with 70.76% votes. He won the elections among 7 candidates. He is the successor of veteran ruler Nursultan Nazarbayev. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev belonged to Nur Otan party.
- Who were re-appointed as the Principal Secretary (PS) and Additional Principal Secretary (Addl PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi with cabinet minister rank ?
1) Rajesh Kotecha and Jai Priye Prakash
2) S. K. Sinha and Tarun Shridhar
3) Nripendra Misra and Pramod Kumar Mishra
4) Sanjay Kothari and Pradeep Kumar Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nripendra Misra and Pramod Kumar Mishra
On June 11, 2019, Nripendra Misra and Pramod Kumar Mishra were re-appointed as Principal Secretary (PS) and Additional Principal Secretary (Addl PS) respectively to Prime Minister Narendra Modi with cabinet minister rank. The approval was given by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) with effect from May 31, 2019. On May 28, 2014, Nripendra Misra, 1967-batch retired IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, was appointed as the Principal Secretary to the PM.P K Mishra, a 1972-batch retired IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, had served as the Principal Secretary to PM Modi when he was the chief minister of Gujarat between 2001 and 2004. He was the Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture between December 1, 2006, and August 31, 2008, and was also appointed as the chairman of the Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission for a five-year-term after his retirement.
- Who succeeded Arun Jaitley after named as the leader of Rajya Sabha?
1) Thawarchand Gehlot
2) Ram Vilas Paswan
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Ravi Shankar Prasad
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Thawarchand Gehlot
Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thawar Chand Gehlot was named as the leader of Rajya Sabha succeeding former Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Arun Jaitley. He was born in Nagda, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.He was elected to Lok Sabha as Member of Parliament for Shajapur from 1996–2009.He served as the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment from 2014 to 2019.He became a Rajya Sabha member in 2012 and was re-elected to Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh in 2018.
- Name the Indian Politician, who was named as the pro-tem Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha .
1) Shripad Yesso Naik
2) Kiren Rijiju
3) Krishan Pal
4) Virendra Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Virendra Kumar
Virendra Kumar(65), has been named as the Pro-tem Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha. He is the Member of Parliament (MP) of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Madhya Pradesh. He was a seven-time member of Parliament. He won the Lok Sabha election from Tikamgarh constituency in Madhya Pradesh.He was elected to 11th Lok Sabha for the first time in 1996 and became the member of Standing Committee on Labour and Welfare, after that he was continuously re-elected to the Lok Sabha.
- Where did India successfully launched new Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Odisha
On June 12, 2019, India successfully launched new Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) off the coast of Odisha. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) had carried out the trials from Dr. Abdul Kalam Island in the Bay of Bengal. HSTDV will help DRDO to develop technologies for futuristic missions. With this launch, India has joined the US, Russia, and China that possess this technology.The test was conducted by the Premier Defence Research Agency in the presence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Secretary (Defence Production) Ajay Kumar at the test firing range in Balasore, Odisha.
- What is the new name of Track and field’s world governing body, International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), whose identity will be introduced in October 2019?
1) World Athletics Association
2) World Athletics
3) Global Athletics
4) Athletics Association
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) World Athletics
The international governing body for the sport of athletics, International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) is to change its name as World Athletics. The identity of the brand will be introduced in October 2019 after one last edition of the world championships in Doha, Qatar under IAAF.The decision was taken at IAAF council meeting in Monaco. IAAF president Sebastian Coe stated that the brand name ‘World Athletics’ builds upon the organization’s restructuring and governance reform agenda of the past four years. It is to represent a modern, more creative and positive face for the sport.
- World Day Against Child Labour (WDACL) is observed annually on ___________?
1) June 12
2) June 11
3) June 10
4) June 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) June 12
World Day Against Child Labour (WDACL) was observed on June 12, 2019. It was introduced to focus on the extent of child labour worldwide and the efforts required to eliminate it. In 2002, the ILO declared June 12 as the World Day Against Child Labour. The ILO marked its 100th anniversary in 2019 in advancing social justice and promoting decent work. The protection of children is embedded in the Constitution of ILO (Preamble). One of the first Conventions adopted by the ILO was on Minimum Age in Industry (No. 5, 1919).
- What was the theme of the World Day Against Child Labour (WDACL) 2019 ?
1) Theme – “The End of Child Labour: Within Reach”
2) Theme – “In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour”
3) Theme – “Generation Safe & Healthy”
4) Theme – “Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!”
The theme for the year is “Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!”. The International Labour Organization (ILO) describes the term child labour as work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential and their dignity and that is harmful to physical and mental development.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Bannerghatta National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Karnataka
- Where is the headquarter of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) located ?Answer – Monaco
- Who is the chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?Answer – Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
- Who is the chairman of International Disability Alliance (IDA) ?Answer – Ana Lucía Arellano
- What is the Capital and Currency of Saudi Arabia ?Answer – Capital: Riyadh & Currency: Saudi riyal