AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Where was the annual festival of Kheer Bhawani Mela on Zeasht Ashtami celebrated recently ?
1) Madhya Pradesh
2) Himachal Pradesh
3) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
On June 10, 2019, Annual festival of Kheer Bhawani Mela on Zeasht Ashtami was celebrated in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). Hundreds of Kashmiri Pandit devotees assembled and prayed at the famous Ragnya Devi temple in Ganderbal district in J&K. It is one of the biggest religious functions of the Kashmiri Pandits.During Mela Kheer Bhawani, over 60,000 Kashmiri Pandits from various parts of India and abroad visited 5 famous temples of Tulmulla in Ganderbal district, Tikker in Kupwara, LaktiporaAishmuqam in Anantnag, Mata TripursundriDevsar and Mata KheerbhawaniManzgam in Kulgam district in Kashmir valley.
- Which country has joined hands with Government of India for setting up maritime museum near ancient Harappans civilization at Lothal in Gujarat ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Portugal
On June 8, 2019, Government of India announced that it will join hands with Portugal to set up maritime museum near ancient Harappans civilization at Lothal in Gujarat. It will be a similar model of the museum which is at Lisbon, Portugal administered by the Portuguese Navy. In March 2019, The foundation stone of the museum was laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.It will be built in a public-private partnership (PPP) model. It will display India’s rich heritage of inland waterways, trade through the water route, ancient shipbuilding and navigational technologies developed by India.
- Name the monument which was declared as the “Monument of national importance” by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) recently .
2) Gol Gumbaz
3) Safdarjung Tomb
4) Chaukhandi Stupa
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Chaukhandi Stupa
On June 10, 2019 , Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has declared Chaukhandi Stupa as a “Monument of national importance”. Construction: It is said that Chaukhandi stupa was a terraced temple constructed between 4th to 6th century of the Gupta period. ii. Stupa’s Significance: It was built to mark the site where Lord Buddha and his first disciples met when traveling from Bodh Gaya to Sarnath. iii. Shape of Stupa: It was given by the Govardhan, the son of Raja Todarmal. iv. Excavations site: During excavations Some Buddha and other statues were founded at Chaukhandi Stupa.
- Where was the Chaukhandi Stupa situated, which was declared as “Monument of national importance” by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) recently ?
1) Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh
2) Aurangabad, Maharashtra
3) Bijapur, Karnataka
4) Agra, Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh
On June 10, 2019 , Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has declared Chaukhandi Stupa as a “Monument of national importance”. The ancient Buddhist site situated in Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh. During excavations Some Buddha and other statues were founded at Chaukhandi Stupa.
- Which ministry has empowered district magistrates in all States and Union Territories to set up Foreigners Tribunals (FTs) ?
1) Ministry of Minority Affairs
2) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ministry of Home Affairs
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India empowered district magistrates in all States and Union Territories to set up Foreigners Tribunals (FTs). In this regard, it has amended the Foreigners Tribunals Order, 1964 by the Foreigners Tribunal Order, 2019. It is to decide whether a person staying illegally in India is a foreigner or not. The power to constitute Foreigners tribunal was only with the central government earlier. It allows all States and Union Territories to constitute their own FTs, earlier it was applicable only to Assam, to address the citizenship of a person.It allows the individuals to approach Tribunals if they didn’t find their name in the final list.
- Name the first party from North east region, that was granted with National party status by Election Commission of India recently .
1) United Democratic Party
2) National People’s Party(NPP)
3) Garo National Council
4) People’s Democratic Front
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National People’s Party(NPP)
The Election Commission of India granted the National party status to National People’s Party(NPP) led by Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma. It becomes the first Party from North East region to get this tag. With this tag, it becomes the eighth national party in the country among All India Trinamool Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), BSP, CPI, Communist Party of India (Marxist), Indian National Congress (INC) and NCP parties.It has fulfilled eligibility criteria as laid down in paragraph 6B (iii) (the party is recognized as State party in at least four States) to become a national party.It is getting status of the state party in four states such as Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya and Nagaland.
- Which country’s Civil Services Commission has signed an MoU with India’s National Center for Good Governance (NCGG) for imparting training to 1000 of its civil servants over the next 5 years ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Maldives
On June 8, 2019, India’s leading civil services training institution, National Center for Good Governance (NCGG) and Maldives Civil Services Commission signed an MoU to train 1000 Maldives civil servants over the next 5 years.NCGG will be the nodal institution for designing and implementation of customised training modules taking into account the requirements of the Maldives Civil Services Commission.
- How many MoU’s were signed between India and Maldives during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Maldives ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 6
6 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) were signed between Maldives and India.
Sl No Name of the MoU Signatory from Indian Side Signatory from Maldivian Side 1. MoU for Cooperation in the Field of Hydrography between Indian Navy and Maldives National Defence Force Vijay Gokhale,Foreign Secretary Uza. Mariya Ahmed Didi, Minister of Defence 2. MoU on Cooperation in the field of Health between GoI and GoM Sunjay Sudhir,Ambassador of India Abdulla Ameen,Minister of Health 3. MoU for the Establishment of Passenger and Cargo Services by Sea between Ministry of Shipping, GoI and Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation, GoM Sunjay Sudhir,Ambassador of India Aishath Nahula,Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation 4. MoU for Cooperation in Customs Capacity Building between the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs of India and the Maldives Customs Service Sunjay Sudhir,Ambassador of India Ahmed Numan,Commissioner General of Customs 5. MoU between National Centre for Good Governance, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances and Maldives Civil Service Commission on Training and Capacity Building Programme for Maldivian Civil Servants Sunjay Sudhir,
Ambassador of India
Dr. Aly Shameem,President/ Chairman, Civil Service Commission of Maldives 6. Technical Agreement on Sharing White Shipping Information between the Indian Navy and the Maldives National Defence Force Sunjay Sudhir,Ambassador of India Brigadier General Abdul Raheem Abdul Latheef,Vice Chief of Defence Force
- Name the India built project inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with President of Maldives, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih .
1) Coastal Surveillance Radar System(CSRS)
2) Coastal Surveillance Intrusion Detection System (CSIDS)
3) Coastal Surveillance Acoustic Detection System(CSADS)
4) Coastal Surveillance Detection System (CSDS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Coastal Surveillance Radar System(CSRS)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Maldives, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih jointly inaugurated Coastal Surveillance Radar System(CSRS) which was built by India.CSRS is the primary sensor for Integrated Costal Surveillance System which contributes in creating a network of information to maritime domain awareness in the strategic Indian Ocean Region (IOR). The inauguration was significant as China viewedMaldives as key to its Maritime Silk Road project in the Indian Ocean.
- Who was conferred with the Maldives highest honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” recently?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Ram Nath Kovind
3) Narendra Modi
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the Maldives’ highest honour “Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” by the President of Maldives. “The Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” is the Maldives’ highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries.He called on Maldives Vice President Faisal Naseemduring his visit to the country. He also met the Maldives’ former presidents Maumoon Abdul Gayoom and Mohamed Nasheed, and held fruitful discussions to strengthen the friendship between the two countries.
- Scientists from which university has revealed that Climate change is adversely affecting the global production of crops such as wheat and rice ?
1) University of Oxford in UK
2) University of Copenhagen in Denmark
3) University of Pennsylvania in Pennsylvania
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Option 1,2 & 3Answer – 4) Both 1 & 2
According to recently released research in the journal “PLOS ONE”, stated that Climate change is adversely affecting the global production of crops such as wheat and rice. The research was based on study conducted by scientists from the University of Oxford in the UK and the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. They used weather and databases of the crop to evaluate the impact of climate change.83% of calories produced by the World’s top ten crops such as wheat, barley, maize, oil palm, cassava, rice, sorghum, rapeseed, soybean, and sugarcane.The study shows that a significant yield variation is caused by the Climate change ranging from a decrease of 13.4% for oil palm to an increase of 3.5% for soybean, which yields an average reduction of about 1 percent of consumable food calories.The findings indicate that the effect of Climate change on food production is negative in Europe, Southern Africa, and Australia, positive in Latin America, and mixed in Asia and Northern and Central America.
- To which country, did External Affairs Minister of India Dr. S. Jaishankar has visited recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bhutan
External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar visited Bhutan from 7th to 8th June, 2019. This was his first two-day trip after assuming charge of the Ministry of External Affairs. Jaishankar met the King of Bhutan Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck.He was received by his Bhutanese counterpart Tandi Dorji. He holds talks on issues of mutual interest on the development partnership, the upcoming high-level exchanges, economic development, and hydro-power cooperation.During his visit, Jaishankar also met Bhutanese Prime Minister Lotay Tshering and discussed the key elements of the bilateral ties.
- Who heads the Sashakt Committee, that recommends RBI’s changes in Inter-Creditor Agreement (ICA) framework ?
1) Sunil Mehta
2) Mrutyunjay Mahapatra
3) Atul Kumar Goel
4) Rajnish Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sunil Mehta
Sashakt Committee headed by Punjab National Bank non-executive Chairman Sunil Mehta has stated that the new guidelines of RBI regarding the mandation of Inter-Creditor Agreement (ICA) framework is a right move to resolve non-performing assets (NPAs or bad loans).In the first week of June 2019, RBI has issued revised guidelines for resolution of stressed assets named “Prudential framework for resolution of stressed assets”, which has mandated the lenders to review the accounts within 30 days of default and initiate a resolution plan or Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) process before the default, among others.The mandation of ICA enables the lenders to have a resolution framework outside of the IBC (Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016).
- BSBD Account was in news recently what is the full form of BSBD ?
1) Base Save Bank Deposit (BSBD)
2) Base Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD)
3) Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD)
4) Bank Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD)
The full form of BSBD is Basic Savings Bank Deposit
- Which organization has launched the unique proprietary tool named ‘My Protection Quotient’(MyPQ) to ensure financial protection ?
1) Aegon Life Insurance Company
2) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
3) HDFC Life
4) Max Life Insurance Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Max Life Insurance Company
On June 10, 2019, Max Life Insurance Company launched a unique proprietary tool named ‘My Protection Quotient’ (MyPQ) to ensure financial protection in the country. Max Life Insurance Company is one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in India.It is a smart tool designed for individuals to provide financial protection and to promote awareness and importance of term plans in protecting the financial future of families.It helps the consumers to measure their preparedness for their life stage goals and gives protection against unplanned eventualities of life. The final output will be a quotient reflected on a scale of 100. Score from 0-25 indicates extremely poor financial protection, 25-50 reflects a poor score, 50-75 a moderate and 75-100 indicates a reasonable quotient.
- Which account is not required to maintain minimum balance for availing additional facilities like checkbooks etc..?
1) Fixed Deposit Account
2) Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) Account
3) Sukanya Samriddhi Account
4) Senior Citizen’s Savings Account
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) Account
Nation’s apex bank Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed the regulations for Basic Savings Bank Deposit (BSBD) Accounts aka “no-frills” accounts as a part of the financial inclusion drive. Now, the BSBD account holders will get a cheque book and certain minimum facilities, free of charge by the bank. Also, there will be no requirement of maintaining a minimum balance in lieu of such additional facilities. Previously additional facilities for these accounts attract the requirement of maintaining a minimum balance and other charges.
- Name the reason for which Kotak Mahindra Bank was penalized with Rs. 2 Crore by Reserve Bank of India on 8th June, 2019 .
1) For not meeting ownership rules
2) For not meeting Know Your Customer (KYC) norms
3) For not meeting Anti-Money Laundering (AML) standards
4) For non-compliance of regulatory guidelines
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) For not meeting ownership rules
On 8th June 2019, Reserve Bank of India has penalized Kotak Mahindra Bank with Rs. 2 crores for not furnishing details about the shareholding of its promoter and its plans for complying with stake dilution norms. RBI has mandated the bank to reduce its promoter shareholding to 20 percent by December 31, 2018, and to 15 percent by March 2022.
- Which organization has released the India’s first Type Approval Certificate (TAC) for Bharat Stage – VI (BS-VI) norms for the two wheeler segment ?
1) Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)
2) Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT)
3) International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT)
4) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT)
India’s first Type Approval Certificate (TAC) for Bharat Stage – VI (BS-VI) norms for the two-wheeler segment has been released by International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT). BS – VI norms are the latest emission norms notified by the Government of India, which have to be followed by the automotive manufacturers to sell their vehicles in India.
- Which two-wheeler manufacturer has received first BS6 Certification for its product ismart ?
1) Yamaha Motor Company
2) Hero MotoCorp
3) TVS Motor Company
4) Honda Motor Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hero MotoCorp
Hero MotoCorp becomes the first two-wheeler manufacturer to receive BS6 Certification for its Hero Splendor iSmart. It has received the type approval certificate from ICAT. It was fully designed and developed by Hero at its Centre for Innovation and Technology (CIT) centre in Jaipur. In 2018, ICAT issued the approval for BS –VI norms to M/s Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles for the Heavy Commercial Vehicle segment which was also the first in its segment in India.
- Name the first interactive Game Show launched by Facebook in India, announced during Facebook’s Social Entertainment Summit held in Mumbai, Maharashtra .
3) Das Erste
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Confetti
On June 4, 2019, Facebook launched its first interactive Game Show “Confetti” in India. It was first launched in the United States. It will challenge participants to answer pop culture trivia questions for a chance to win Rs 3 lakh as cash prize every day. The interactive game is exclusive to Facebook Watch. The announcement on the launch of the interactive game was made on side-lines of Facebook’s Social Entertainment Summit held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.It will go on air on June 12, 2019, from Wednesday to Sunday on Facebook’s dedicated video platform ‘Facebook Watch’.
- Where was the 73rd edition of Tony Awards held on June 9, 2019 ?
1) San Francisco, U.S.
2) London, U.K.
3) Radio City Music Hall, New York City
4) Washington D.C., U.S
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Radio City Music Hall, New York City
2019 Tony Awards was the 73rd edition of Tony Awards held on June 9, 2019, to recognize achievement in Broadway productions during the 2018–19 season. It was held in Radio City Music Hall, New York City. It was hosted by James Corden.
- Which musical has won 8 awards including Best Musical in Tony Awards 2019 ?
1) Ain’t Too Proud
3) The Ferryman
4) The Cher Show
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hadestown
Hadestown, a musical about a young couple’s dark trip to the Underworld, was the most winning production of the season by winning eight awards, including Best Musical.
- Who won best featured actress for ‘Oklahoma!’ and made history by becoming the first actor to win a Tony Award in a wheelchair?
1) Ali Stroker
2) Stephanie J. Block
3) Elaine May
4) Celia Keenan-Bolger
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ali Stroker
31-year-old actress Ali Stroker, won best featured actress for her outstanding role as Ado Annie in Rogers and Hammerstein’s ‘Oklahoma!’ and made history by becoming the first actor in a wheelchair to win a Tony Award.
- Which organization’s former interim Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ajai Kumar and independent director Mukesh Sabharwa resigned recently ?
1) Yes Bank
2) Axis Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yes Bank
On June 10, 2019, Yes Bank’s Former interim Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive (CEO) Ajai Kumar resigned from his position. He became the interim chief following the exit of Rana Kapoor. However, he continued as a non-executive non-independent director of the bank. On June 11, 2019, Yes Bank’s independent director Mukesh Sabharwal has also quit the board of Directors. The former Defence Personnel has been on the board of the directors since April 2012.
- Who was appointed as the Director General (ADG level) of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) ?
1) Anandswarup Gupta
3) Sudeep Lakhtakia
4) V.S. Kaumudi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) V.S. Kaumudi
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the proposal of the Ministry of Home Affairs for the appointment of V.S. Kaumudi as the Director General (ADG level) of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) by temporarily downgrading the post to the level of Additional Director General (Level-15 of Pay Matrix).V.S. Kaumudi is a senior Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer of 1986 batch of Andhra Pradesh. At present, he is working as the Additional Director General in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). He succeeded Sudeep Lakhtakia, a 1984 batch IPS Officer.
- Name the former Secretary of Corporate Affairs, who was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of India’s first international financial services centre, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (Gift City) .
1) Arvind Agrawal
2) Vineet Nayyar
3) Tapan Ray
4) Ajay Pandey
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tapan Ray
Tapan Ray, former Secretary of Corporate Affairs was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (Gift City), India’s first international financial services center. He succeeded Ajay Pandey. Recently, he was also given the additional charge as interim Economic Affairs Secretary. Tapan Ray, 1982-batch IAS officer of Gujarat Cadre, has held several key positions in the ministries of defence, textiles, power, science and technology, and planning in the Government of India.
- Yuvraj Singh has announced retirement recently, he was associated with which sport?
3) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cricket
Indian cricket team all-rounder, Yuvraj Singh has announced retirement from all forms of cricket. He played 40 test matches, 304 ODI’s and 58 T20I’s. He hails from Chandigarh. He is an awardee of 2012 Arjuna Award and 2014 Padma Shri Award.
- Who won the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix held in Quebec, Canada ?
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Sebastian Vettel
3) Charles Leclerc
4) Valtteri Bottas
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) of United Kingdom won 2019 Canadian Grand Prix officially named as the Formula 1 Pirelli Grand Prix du Canada 2019. It was held in Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.It was a record seventh victory in Canada for Hamilton and the 78th of his career.Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc of Ferrari won the second and third position respectively in the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix.
- Name the deceased journalist, who covered Independent India’s first general elections for Press Trust of India (PTI) .
1) Navin Nishchal
2) Sudip Datta Bhaumik
3) Santanu Bhowmik
4) E Gopinath
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) E Gopinath
E Gopinath, the eldest journalist of Tamil Nadu passed away at 88 in Chennai. He was also a Chief of news agency ‘ANI’, Tamilnadu. It is noteworthy that Journalist E Gopinath was on first general elections for Press Trust of India (PTI) of Independent India and active till recently concluded 17th general elections.He became the first journalist to interview both Argentine revolutionary Che Guevara and Cuban leader Fidel Castro.
- Sheetal Jain passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Production
Sheetal Jain, actor Amitabh Bachchan’s longtime secretary, and film producer passed away in Mumbai at the age of 77.He produced the film of Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda starrer ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ in 1998.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Papikonda National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Andhra Pradesh
- Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) works under which ministry ?Answer – Ministry of Home Affairs
- Who is the Managing Director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank ?Answer – Uday Kotak
- St. Anthony’s Shrine is located in which country ?Answer – Srilanka
- What is the Capital and Currency of Portugal ?Answer – Capital: Lisbon & Currency: Euro