AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs July 9 2019
- Name the bill passed by the Parliament which allows voluntary use of Aadhaar as proof of identity for users to open bank accounts and get mobile phone connection ?
1) Aadhaar to open bank accounts (Amendment) Bill, 2019
2) Aadhaar as proof (Amendment) Bill, 2019
3) Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
4) Aadhaar to identity Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
On July 8, 2019, Parliament passed Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019 which allows voluntary use of Aadhaar as proof of identity for users to open bank accounts and get a mobile phone connection. If private entities violate provisions on Aadhaar data, they will be imposed Rs 1 crore penalty and a jail term.The Bill provides the use of Aadhaar number for KYC (Know Your Customer) authentication on voluntary basis under the Telegraph Act, 1885, and the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- For which wild animal species, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched a project for undertaking ‘immunocontraceptive measures’ for population management?
1) Elephant, Wild boar, Monkeys and Blue Bull (Nilgai)
2) Bengal Tiger, Indian Bison, Elephant and Wild boar
3) Indian Leopard, Bengal Tiger, Indian Bison and Elephant
4) Indian Rhinoceros, Blue Bull (Nilgai), Wild boar and Monkeys
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Elephant, Wild boar, Monkeys and Blue Bull (Nilgai)
Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched a project for undertaking ‘immunocontraceptive measures’ for population management of 4 species of wild animals namely Elephant, Wild boar, Monkeys and Blue Bull (Nilgai).Need: Human-elephant conflict caused the maximum number of casualties. Between 2014 and March 2019, 2,398 people died in an elephant attack in the country. West Bengal had a maximum number of such deaths.Immunocontraception: It is a birth control method that uses the body’s immune response to prevent pregnancy.
- Which has become the first train to be operated by private players in India ?
1) New Delhi-Allahabad Allahabad Duronto Express
2) New Delhi-Agra Gatimaan Express
3) Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express
4) Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express
Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, one of the most-awaited trains on the route announced in 2016, is set to be the first train to be operated by private players. At present, it is parked at the Anandnagar Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh. It will be handed over to private players after an open bidding process for operationalization. Despite protests from Railway unions, the Indian Railways is going ahead with its 100-day agenda of handing over operations of 2 trains to the private sector.
- Name the aerospace company, which has manufactured CH-47F (I) Chinooks helicopters for the Indian Air Force (IAF), that has arrived at the Mundra port in Gujarat.
3) Lockheed Martin
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Boeing
On July 8, 2019, Boeing, American aerospace company, informed the arrival of 2 new heavy-lift CH-47F (I) Chinooks helicopters for the Indian Air Force (IAF) at the Mundra port in Gujarat. It will provide IAF an unmatched strategic airlift capability. In 2015, IAF had ordered 15 Chinooks along with 22 Apache attack helicopters. The first 4 Chinooks were received in February, 2019.The CH-47 Chinook, advanced multi-mission helicopter, has unsurpassed ability to deliver heavy payloads to high altitudes. It is suitable for operations in the high Himalayas.
- Where was the 577th meeting of the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) held recently ?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On July 8, 2019, The 577th meeting of the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) was held at New Delhi. Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman, addressed the Directors of Central Board. Key points: i. Current economic situation, global and domestic challenges and various areas of operations of the RBI & the importance of coordination between the Central Government and RBI were reviewed in the meeting.
- Name the Operation launched by Delhi Police Crime Branch, which rescued 333 children and reunited with their respective families.
1) Operation Milap
2) Operation Viraat
3) Operation Trishul
4) Operation Cactus
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Operation Milap
The Delhi Police Crime Branch has rescued 333 children, who had reported missing since January 2019 from various parts of the country. The crime branch took ‘Operation Milap’ under which the children are rescued and reunited with their respective families. Recovery: Delhi police have also recovered 57 people, including 14 minors, who were kidnapped, abducted, or went missing from various areas in the national capital.Rescue Spot: The children are mostly rescued from bus stands, railway stations and other crowded places in the city.
- Name the Indian expat businessman, who received the first golden card visa by General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs of Sharjah .
1) Abdulla Ibrahim Deaifis
2) Lalu Samuel
3) Mohamed Ali Hilal Al Hazami
4) Ali Mohamed abdalla Al Khayyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lalu Samuel
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs of Sharjah has granted the first golden card visa to an Indian expat businessman, Lalu Samuel, Chairman and Managing Director of Kingston Holdings and Chairman of Sharjah Industry Business Group. Motive: The 10-year visa is a part of the long-term permanent residency system tailored for investors and entrepreneurs aims to attract capital, investments, and owners of leading companies, professionals, researchers and students to engage them in the renaissance and development of the UAE.
- Which Indian Navy Ship has reached Tangier in Morocco as part of overseas development programme to strengthen the bonds of friendship between India and Morocco ?
1) INS Teg
2) INS Tabar
3) INS Talwar
4) INS Tarkash
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) INS Tarkash
In an ongoing Overseas Deployment by the Indian Navy to the Mediterranean Sea, Africa and Europe, INS (Indian Navy Ship) Tarkash, a state-of-the-art stealth frigate of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons, reached at Tangier in Morocco as part of a visit of the 3-day visit. It seeks to strengthen the bonds of friendship between India and Morocco.It is commanded by Captain Sathish Vasudev.It will take part in numerous professional, social and sporting interactions planned with the Royal Moroccan Navy and will carry out a Passage Exercise at sea with ships of the Royal Moroccan Navy.
- Name the three-year road map for medium-term objective finalized by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) for strengthening regulation, supervision of the central bank in a meeting in New Delhi .
1) Utkarsh 2020
2) Utkarsh 2021
3) Utkarsh 2022
4) Utkarsh 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Utkarsh 2022
India’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has finalized a three-year road map for medium-term objective named “Utkarsh 2022” for strengthening regulation, supervision of the central bank in a meeting in New Delhi. The roadmap to be achieved in the next three years is in line with the global central bank’s plan.The strategy is that the central bank’s proactive role to avoid any other IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services) debt default issue in the future.An internal committee of RBI was formed under former Deputy Governor Viral Acharya, to identify issues that needed to be addressed over the next three years.The board also approved the RBI’s budget for the July 2019—June 2020 period in a meeting.
- Where will the High Altitude Institute of mountain medicine, training and research center is to be set up worth Rs 750 crore, which is proposed by Dr Pradeep Bhardwaj ?
1) Rudraprayag district, Uttarakhand
2) Mainpuri district, Uttar Pradesh
3) Sheopur district, Madhya Pradesh
4) Hamirpur district, Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rudraprayag district, Uttarakhand
The proposal for setting up the High Altitude Institute of mountain medicine, training and research center, given by the medical director of Six Sigma Healthcare, Dr Pradeep Bhardwaj was accepted by the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat. Six Sigma healthcare, a company which operates hospitals in Kedarnath, Tungnath and Madmaheshwar, will set up Rs 750 crore project in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand.Objective: To develop research in Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Naturopathy and Yoga concerning High Altitude Mountains and to educate professionals in mountain medicines.
- Name the Indian para-athlete, who won 3 medals in 4th World Yoga Festival and Championship 2019, held at Bulgaria, Sofia.
1) Amit Kumar Saroha
2) Toran Yadav
3) Suyash Jadhav
4) Varun Singh Bhati
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Toran Yadav
Toran Yadav(19), a specially-abled boy from Khatti village in Chhattisgarh clinched 3 medals for India at 4th World Yoga Festival and Championship 2019, held at Bulgaria, Sofia. He strikes two silver medals in the rhythmic pair and artistic pair and a bronze medal in athletic yoga.He started yoga from the age of 9 and was selected to represent India.
- Who was sworn in as the new prime minister of Greece ?
1) Antonis Samaras
2) Vassiliki Thanou-Christophilou
3) Alexis Tsipras
4) Kyriakos Mitsotakis
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kyriakos Mitsotakis
On July 8, 2019, Kyriakos Mitsotakis, aged 51, of New Democratic Party was sworn-in as the new Prime Minister of Greece. He received 39.85% of the votes against 31.53% for Syriza, led by outgoing Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras. The New Democracy party won 158 seats in the 300-member Greek parliament.The centre-left Movement for Change (KINAL) received 8.1% votes, followed by the Communist Party with 5.3%, newcomer Greek Solution, a far-right party, received 3.7% votes and MeRa 25, another recently formed party led by Yanis Varoufakis, a former Syriza finance minister received 3.44% votes.
- Name the former Indian cricketer, who was appointed as the head of Cricket at National Cricket Academy (NCA) by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) .
1) Virender Sehwag
2) Sourav Ganguly
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rahul Dravid
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) appointed the former Indian captain Rahul Dravid as Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). He will look after all cricket related activities at NCA. He will be involved in mentoring, coaching, training and motivating players, coaches and support staff at the NCA. He will work with the National men’s and women’s Head coaches and coaches for India Developmental teams including India A, India Under 19, India Under 23 teams.
- Who was appointed as the country manager for India in LinkedIn ?
1) Ashutosh Gupta
2) Pratik Tandale
3) Mahesh Narayanan
4) Rishi Srivastava
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ashutosh Gupta
American business and employment-oriented service, LinkedIn appointed Ashutosh Gupta as its new country manager for India effective September 2, 2019. He will replace Mahesh Narayanan, who was the country manager for India from January to June 2019. In 2013, Gupta joined LinkedIn as the head of Marketing Solutions (LMS) business in India, and in 2016 he moved to Singapore to build LMS’ Online Sales Organisation (OSO) for the Asia Pacific(APAC) and China.He will report to Olivier Legrand, LinkedIn’s Managing Director(MD) for the APAC and he will continue to lead the LMS’s OSO.
- Name the Asia’s largest real estate company which acquired Ascendas-Singbridge Pte. Ltd owned by Temasek Holdings worth US$8 billion (singapore$11 billion) .
1) Boston Properties
2) CapitaLand Limited
3) Brookfield Asset Management
4) General Growth Properties
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) CapitaLand Limited (Singapore)
Asia’s largest real estate company CapitaLand Limited (Singapore) completed acquisition worth of US$8 billion (singapore$11 billion) Ascendas-Singbridge Pte. Ltd owned by Temasek Holdings.This acquisition is one of Asia’s largest diversified real estate groups with 123 billion Singapore dollars Asset Under Management(AUM).From July 1, 2019, CapitaLand Group will operate as a unified entity as it marks the coming together of two leading real estate players and possess competency in four core markets namely, Singapore, China, India, and Vietnam at large scale.With this deal, Temasek, which had a 40.8% stake in CapitaLand before the deal, now holds about 51% in the company.
- Name the third generation Anti-Tank Guided missile, which was successfully test fired by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
1) Akash missiles
2) Agni missiles
3) Trishul missiles
4) Nag missiles
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nag missiles
On July 7, 2019, The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried out 3 successful test firings of Nag missiles in one day (day & night) in Pokhran, Rajasthan. It is in the final stage to be inducted in the Indian Army.Background: In 2018, the Defence Acquisition Council had approved the procurement of DRDO’s designed and developed NAG Missile System (NAMIS) at the cost of Rs 524 crore. NAMIS includes the Missile Carrier Vehicle (NAMICA). Nag Missile: It is a third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile. It has top attack capabilities that can effectively engage and destroy all known enemy tanks during day and night. It is one of the first 5 strategic missiles which were planned to be developed under the Integrated Missile Development Programme initiated in the 1980s.
- Researchers from which institute have developed an extended range prediction system aims at the real-time monitoring and prediction of forthcoming heat waves 2 to 3 weeks in advance ?
1) National Metrology Institutes (NMIs)
2) European Association of Metrology Institutes
3) Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
4) Agharkar Research Institute(ARI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)
Pune’s Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) researchers have developed an extended range prediction system aims at the real-time monitoring and prediction of forthcoming heat waves 2 to 3 weeks in advance.Heatwave prediction system: It has great potential in providing an advance indication about the onset, duration, and demise of the heat wave spell with a small spatial & temporal error with 70% accuracy. Since 2017 Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has been using this system and it had used it in 2019 to predict heat waves.
- Who won the 15th edition of the CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) Gold Cup for the year 2019 ?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mexico
In the 15th edition of the CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) Gold Cup for the year 2019, Mexico’s men’s soccer team won the title by defeating United States men, the defending champions, with 1-0 in the final. It was the 8th title for Mexico. The biennial international men’s tournament was held from June 15 to July 7, 2019, and the host countries were the United States, Costa Rica & Jamaica. The final was held at Soldier Field, an American football stadium, near South Side of Chicago, Illinois.Jonathan dos Santos scored the only goal for Mexico.
- Who launched the Coffee Table Book commemorating 50 years of partnership with UN-WFP (United Nation World Food Programme) towards food and nutrition security in India ?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Thawar Chand Gehlot
3) D. V. Sadananda Gowda
4) Ram Vilas Paswan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Narendra Singh Tomar
On July 8, 2019, Coffee Table Book commemorating 50 years of partnership with UN-WFP (United Nation World Food Programme) towards food and nutrition security in India has been launched by Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare along with Dr. Hameed Nuru, Representative, and Country Director, UNEP. UN World Food Programme partnered with the agriculture Ministry to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG ) which includes ending hunger, achieving food security, improving nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture.
- Who is the author of the book titled “War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960” that explains the state censorship in India in the transition period from colonial to national rule ?
1) Aravind Adiga
2) Kiran Desai
3) Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
4) Devika Sethi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Devika Sethi
The book titled “War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960” authored by Devika Sethi who teaches modern Indian history at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Mandi was released. It explains the state censorship in India in the transition period from colonial to national rule, when historical actors behaved in unpredictable ways. It is published by Cambridge University Press.It is divided into 4 parts.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state ?Answer – Arunachal Pradesh
- Which state celebrated Bonalu festival ?Answer – Telangana
Bonalu or Goddess Mahankali bonalu is a Hindu Festival, Goddess Mahakali is worshiped.Bonalu is an annual festival of Telangana celebrated in Twin Cities Hyderabad, Secunderabad and other parts of Telangana.It is celebrated in the month of Ashada Masam, in July/August.
- Who is the Executive Director of World Food Programme(WFP) ?Answer – David Beasley
- What is the Capital and Currency of Greece ?Answer – Capital: Athens & Currency: Euro
- Who is the President of United Arab Emirates(UAE) ?Answer – Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification