AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs July 31 2019
- What is the subsidized rate of Nitrogen after cabinet approves Nutrient Based Subsidy (NBS) rates for the year 2019-20 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs.18.901
Approval was given to the proposal of the Department of Fertilizers for fixation of Nutrient Based Subsidy Rates for P&K Fertilizers for the year 2019-20. The approved rates for NBS effective from July 31, 2019 are as follows:
Per Kg Subsidy rates (Rs.) N (Nitrogen) 18.901 P(Phosphorus) 15.216 K(Potash) 11.124 S(Sulphur) 3.562
The per kg. subsidy rates prior to notification dated July 31, 2019 will remain same as that of year 2018-19.Expenditure: The expected expenditure for release of subsidy on P&K Fertilizers during 2019-20 will be Rs. 22875.50 crore.
- How many judges can supreme court hold, after cabinet approves to increase the number of judges excluding the Chief Justice of India (CJI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 33
Approval was given to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court (SC) from 30, at present, to 33, excluding the Chief Justice of India (CJI). Present Status: The Supreme Court is working with its full sanctioned strength of 31, including the CJI. Act: The Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Act, 1956 was last amended in 2009 to increase the judges’ strength from 25 to 30 (excluding the CJI). It originally provided for a maximum of 10 judges (excluding the CJI). This number was increased to 13 by the Supreme Court (Number of Judges) Amendment Act, 1960, to 17 in 1977, to 25 in 1986 and to 30 in 2009. Background: The decision of the cabinet came days after CJI Ranjan Gogoi wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to increase the number of judges in SC. 59,331 cases are pending and due to scarcity of judges, the required number of constitution benches to decide important cases involving questions of law were not being formed.
- Which country’s space agency has signed an MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bolivia
On July 31,2019, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval about an MoU, which was signed on March 29,2019 between Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Bolivian Space Agency on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for peaceful purposes during the visit of President of India to Bolivia. The MoU will help develop a joint activity in the field of application of space technologies for the benefit of humanity.It enables the following potential interest areas of cooperation such as remote sensing of the earth, satellite communication, satellite based navigation, use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system.The MoU would lead to set up a Joint Working Group, drawing members from ISRO and the Bolivian Space Agency (ABE), which will further work out the action plan including the time-frame and the means of implementing this MoU.
- Cabinet approves to set up Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) in which city ?
1) Beijing, China
2) Vienna, Austria
3) Geneva, Switzerland
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Moscow, Russia
On July 31, 2019, Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given nod to the setting up of ISRO(Indian Space Research Organisation) Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow in Russia. Benefits: With this MoU, ISRO will be able to collaborate with Space agencies/industries in Russia and neighboring countries. ISRO’s Gaganyaan program requires the development of some of the key technologies and establishment of specialized facilities, which are essential to support life in space. Russia, being one of the space-faring nations, it is envisaged to collaborate with Russia extensively in various fields of relevance.
- UNISA was in news recently. What does ‘A’ stands for __________ .
1) A – “Association”
2) A – “Arbitration”
3) A – “Agreements”
4) A – “Asset”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) A – “Agreements”
A stands for Agreements.The full form of UNISA is United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements.
- Where will the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA) signing in ceremony to be held ?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Singapore
On July 31, 2019, Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for the signing of the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA) resulting from mediation by India scheduled to be held at Singapore on August 7, 2019 will be known as the “Singapore Convention on Mediation” (the Convention).. Benefits: The Convention will boost the confidence of the investors and will provide a positive signal to foreign investors about India’s commitment to adhere to international practice on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
- Name the bill, which seeks to amend the Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2019 which has been passed by the Parliament recently.
1) Companies Act, 2012
2) Companies Act, 2013
3) Companies Act, 2014
4) Companies Act, 2015
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Companies Act, 2013
On July 30, 2019, The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2019, which seeks to amends the Companies Act, 2013 has been passed by the Parliament with the approval of Rajya Sabha. The bill was already passed by the Lok Sabha. The aim of the bill is to improve the ease of doing business and also reduce the compliance burden on the companies, especially the smaller ones. ii. Stricter Norms: The bill to tighten Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) compliance, transfer certain responsibilities to National Company Law Tribunal and recategorization of certain offences as civil offences.
- For how many years the muslim individual can be jailed if he practices instant triple talaq as per the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Three
On July 30, 2019, Parliament passed the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019. It was passed with 99 votes in favour and 84 opposed against it. The bill criminalizes instant triple talaq among Muslims and attracts a jail term of three years for the husband.Definition: It defines talaq as talaq-e-biddat or any other similar form of talaq pronounced by a Muslim man resulting in instant and irrevocable divorce. Talaq-e-biddat refers to the practice under Muslim personal laws where pronouncement of the word ‘talaq’ thrice in one sitting by a Muslim man to his wife results in an instant and irrevocable divorce.
- In which state Mahabodhi Temple is located ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bihar
Mahabodhi Temple is located in Bihar.This was news recently because Union Culture & Tourism Minister Prahalad Singh Patel ordered the setting up a panel to review the list of 17 Iconic Tourist Sites. The Union Government has plans to develop the Iconic Tourist Sites.Background: In July 2018, the then tourism minister K.J. Alphons said that the sites would be developed. In Budget 2019-20, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman mentioned that the Government would be developing the sites into world-class tourist destinations to serve as a model to other tourism sites.17 Iconic Tourist Sites: They are the Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri in Uttar Pradesh, Ajanta and Ellora in Maharashtra, Red Fort, Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi, Colva in Goa, Amer Fort in Rajasthan, Somnath and Dholavira in Gujarat, Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh, Hampi in Karnataka, Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu, Kaziranga in Assam, Kumarakom in Kerala and the Mahabodhi Temple in Bihar.
- Under which scheme, government has sanctioned Rs.52.39 crores for development of Tirthankar Circuit covering sites associated with Jainism ?
1) Swadesh Darshan Scheme
2) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
3) Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
4) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Swadesh Darshan Scheme
Government has sanctioned Rs.52.39 crores for the project development of Vaishali, Arrah, Masad, Patna, Rajgir, Pawapuri, Champapuri in Bihar under the Tirthankar Circuit theme of Swadesh Darshan Scheme in the year 2016-17. It was informed by Union Tourism Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel in reply to question in Lok Sabha. The project is under implementation and the Ministry has released Rs.26.19 crores for the project.The ministry has identified Tirthankar Circuit as one of 15 thematic circuits for development under Swadesh Darshan Scheme. All sites in the country related to Jainism are covered under this Circuit.
- Who launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society ?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Dharmendra Pradhan
3) Naveen Patnaik
4) Piyush Goyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dharmendra Pradhan
On July 31, 2019, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) in New Delhi. The objective of ACIC is to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society. It is a new initiative of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
- Under which ministry, “National Traders Welfare Board” is to be set up to improve the availability of funds for traders and to reduce compliance burden?
1) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
3) Ministry of Labour and Employment
4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
In order to improve the availability of funds for traders and to reduce compliance burden, the “National Traders Welfare Board” is to be set up by the commerce and industry ministry as told by the Prime Minister while addressing the traders during his election campaign in April 2019.The board will consist of 15 members (5 with special knowledge of matters related to technical aspects and remaining from trade association) headed by senior official from Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). The board’s other functions are, advising the Government in simplifying laws concerning traders and recommending suggestions regarding social security benefits like insurance, pension, Healthcare etc.
- How many millions houses have been electrified in India under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) scheme ?
1) 36 million houses
2) 30 million houses
3) 26 million houses
4) 20 million houses
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 26 million houses
Minister of State (MoS) for Power, New and Renewable energy R.K.Singh announced that the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) scheme which completed four years from its launch, has achieved all its target which was set and is near its conclusion. The announcement was made by him in an interview to the All India Radio (AIR).26 million houses have been electrified in India which is the only country having synchronous grid.Smart prepaid metre will be introduced by 2022 to reduce power theft. This metre will reduce human intervention.
- Which state processed the largest percentage of solid waste until November 2018 as per the Ministry of Environment, Forest And Climate Change (MoEFCC) ?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chhattisgarh
The Ministry of Environment, Forest And Climate Change (MoEFCC) informed that Chhattisgarh and Telangana processed the largest percentage of solid waste until November 2018. Chhattisgarh generated a total 601,885 MTPA (metric tonne per annum) of waste & 84% was processed while Telangana generated a total 2,690,415 MTPA & 73% was processed.Among the larger states, West Bengal and Jammu & Kashmir had processed the smallest percentage of the total waste they generated — 5% and 8% respectively. Maharashtra generated the largest quantum of solid waste- 8,22,38,050 MTPA and processed 44% of it.Delhi, Gujarat, and Karnataka generated 38,32,500, 37,02,925, and 36,50,000 MTPA, and processed 55%, 57%, and 32% respectively.
- Which city was named as the world’s best city for students & topped in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)’s QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2019 ?
1) Munich, Germany
2) London, UK
3) Tokyo, Japan
4) Melbourne, Australia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) London, UK
In the QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2019 compiled by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), a global education consultancy, London, the capital of United Kingdom (UK), was named as the world’s best city for students for the second consecutive year. Tokyo and Melbourne were ranked second and third positions respectively.
Rank City 1 London, UK 2 Tokyo, Japan 3 Melbourne, Australia 4 Munich, Germany 5 Berlin, Germany 6 Montreal, Canada 7 Paris, France 8 Zurich, Switzerland 9 Sydney, Australia 10 Seoul, South Korea
- Name the Indian city, which ranked at 81st & topped among Indian city in Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)’s QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2019 .
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bangalore
Bangalore was ranked 81st and Mumbai stood at 85th position, Delhi was ranked 113th and Chennai stood at 115 out of a total of 120 cities ranked in the QS Best Student Cities Ranking 2019 compiled by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), a global education consultancy.
- Expand ECB ?
1) Environment Capital Boost(ECB)
2) European Central Bank(ECB)
3) External Commercial Borrowings (ECB)
4) Emerging Consumer Burden(ECB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) External Commercial Borrowings (ECB)
The full form of ECB is External Commercial Borrowings (ECB).
- For what reason, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed the norms of funds raised through External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) for the second time this year ?
1) To raise offshore funds by the Corporates and theNon Banking Financial Companies (NBFC)
2) To handle deflation in the country
3) To maximize livelihood of the people
4) To increase the standard of Business and income supply in country
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) To raise offshore funds by the Corporates and theNon Banking Financial Companies (NBFC)
As a beneficial way to raise cheaper Offshore funds by the Corporates and theNon Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) , the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed the norms of funds raised through External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) for the second time this year. Over the last 10 months many corporates and NBFCs have faced liquidity shortage due to the collapse of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services (IL&FS) in September 2018. Adequate liquidity has become a very big problem in the NBFC because of its perception of credit risk as they are getting the capital at a very high cost
- Which entity has raised $100 million (around Rs 690 crore) from International Finance Corporation (IFC, member of the World Bank Group) for the purpose of lending to buyers in housing projects ?
1) LIC Housing Finance
2) Punjab National Bank(PNB) Housing Finance Ltd
3) Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd.(DHFL)
4) Housing Development Finance Corporation(HDFC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Punjab National Bank(PNB) Housing Finance Ltd
On July 29,2019, Indian public limited housing finance company PNB(Punjab National Bank) Housing Finance Ltd has raised $100 million (around Rs 690 crore) from International Finance Corporation (IFC, member of the World Bank Group) for the purpose of lending to buyers in housing projects. This is the 1st ECB( external commercial borrowings) outlay was made under the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) automatic route for the current financial year (FY2019-20).The central bank has allowed it to borrow ECB up to $750 million annually from oversees through the route.
- By how much percent the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow increased during the last 6 years as per the Annual Report 2018-19 of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 79%
According to the Annual Report 2018-19 of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) which is under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow increased during the last 6 years from $36.05 billion in 2013-14 to $64.37 billion in 2018-19, registering a growth of 79%.FDI worth $286 billion was received in the past five years.The FDI inflow was $45.14 billion in 2014-15, $55.55 billion in 2015-16 and $60.98 billion in 2017-18.
- Which country has approved foreign military sales worth $670 million to support India’s C-17 military transport aircraft ?
3) United States (US)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United States (US)
On July 26, 2019, The United States (US) approved foreign military sales worth $670 million to support India’s C-17 military transport aircraft in order to enhance operational readiness and ability to provide Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HA/DR) assistance in the Indo-Pacific region.The implementation of the proposed sale requires the assignment of 1 US government representatives and 23 contractor representatives to India.
- Name the Institute which has partnered with Tata Medical Center to form Comprehensive Digital Archive of Cancer Imaging(CHAVI) in India .
1) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Kharagpur
2) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Mumbai
3) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Kanpur
4) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Bhubaneswar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Kharagpur
Under the National Digital Library Initiative (NDLI) of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), IIT Kharagpur(Indian Institute of Technology) has joined hands with the Tata Medical Center for the project of setting up an image data bank for cancer patients & in particular, radio oncology (a medical specialty that involves the controlled use of radiation to treat cancer) in the country ,called Comprehensive Digital Archive of Cancer Imaging (CHAVI).
- Where did Infosys has opened its new state-of-the-art Cyber Defence Center ?
1) Athens, Greece
2) Bucharest, Romania
3) Sofia, Bulgaria
4) Budapest, Hungary
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bucharest, Romania
Indian multinational corporation based in Bengaluru, Infosys has opened its new state-of-the-art Cyber Defence Center in Bucharest, Romania. The centre is an expansion of services delivered by Infosys Digital Innovation Centre, which opened in Bucharest earlier. The Centre will offer an end-to-end, real-time, 24 * 7 cybersecurity monitoring and protection services to support European and global businesses on their digital transformation drive.Services: The services provided by the center’s certified and highly skilled cybersecurity professionals include security monitoring, management and remediation, threat hunting, security analytics, incident discovery and response
- Who was conferred with ‘The Society Global Indian Icon Award 2019′, for his excellence in the field of law at an event hosted in London by the Society Magazine ?
1) Mukul Rohatgi
2) K. K. Venugopal
3) Gopal Subramanium
4) Dinesh Tiwari
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dinesh Tiwari
Bollywood’s Advocate Dinesh Tiwari was conferred with ‘The Society Global Indian Icon Award 2019′, for his excellence in the field of law at an event hosted in London by the Society Magazine. He was presented the award by Gopichand Hinduja in presence of Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar who were the Chief Guests of the event.
- Name the first Indian Air Force (IAF) Wing Commander, who performed 8500 feet wingsuit skydive jump from the Mi-17 V5 helicopter .
1) Surinder Mehra
2) Satish Sareen
3) Tarun Chaudhri
4) Srinivasapuram Krishnaswamy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tarun Chaudhri
On July 21, 2019, Indian Air Force (IAF) Wing Commander Tarun Chaudhri created history by becoming the first pilot to perform a wingsuit skydive jump. He jumped 8500 feet from the Mi-17 V5 helicopter at Air Force Station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan during the Kargil Diwas day celebrations.
- Who has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary ?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) Nripendra Misra
3) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
4) Tarun Shridhar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajiv Kumar
According to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC), Government of India, Rajiv Kumar (a 1984 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre) has appointed as the new Finance Secretary. He succeeds Subhash Chandra Garg, who took charge as Power Secretary.
- To which armed force, S.S Deswal was appointed as the director general ?
1) Strategic Forces Command(SFG)
2) National Security Guard (NSG)
3) Paramilitary forces of India(PFI)
4) Special Protection Group(SPG)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Security Guard (NSG)
The Director-General (DG) of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) S.S Deswal was given the additional charge to act as the Director-General of the counter-terror force National Security Guard (NSG). He succeeds Sudeep Lakhtakia, a 1984-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Telangana cadre.S.S Deswal is a 1984-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Haryana cadre.
- Who has been concurrently accredited as the next ambassador of India to the Republic of Paraguay?
1) Renu Pall
2) Vinay Kumar
3) Kishan Dan Dewal
4) Dinesh Bhatia
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dinesh Bhatia
Ambassador of India to the Republic of Argentina Shri Dinesh Bhatia has been concurrently accredited as the next ambassador of India to the Republic of Paraguay. Dinesh Bhatia, the Indian Forest Service(IFS)-1992 batch officer will have his residence based in Buenos Aires.
- Usage of which technology has been made mandatory in motor vehicles and their parts, to prevent vehicle theft as per the Draft Notification GSR 521(E) issued by Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) ?
1) Smart Display system
2) Ignition Locks
3) Microdot Patches
4) Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Microdot Patches
On July 24, 2019, The Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has issued a Draft Notification GSR 521(E) in order to amend Central Motor Vehicle Rules,1989. The amendment will make it compulsory for motor vehicles and their parts, components, to be affixed with permanent and nearly invisible microscopic dots that can be identified with an ultraviolet light source. These micro dots are comply with AIS (Automotive Industry Standard) 155 requirements.Globally used Microdot technology involves spraying microscopic dots on the body and parts of the vehicle or any other machine. This will give a unique identification & can’t be removed from the vehicle or the part without damaging it.
- Where was the world’s smallest fossil monkey discovered ?
1) Amazon forests
2) Congo Basin Forest
3) Daintree Forest
4) Xishuangbanna Tropical Rainforest
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Amazon forests
A team of scientists led by Duke University in the US(United States) and the National University of Piura in Peru has discovered the fossils of the world’s smallest monkey in the Amazon forests. The team has found 18 million years old fossil teeth, which is related to the small monkey of a new species. The team dubbed the animal Parvimico materdei, or “tiny monkey from the Mother of God River.”.The fossil found in sandstone on the banks of the Rio Alto Madre de Dios River in south-eastern Peru. To distinguish it from the stone, the researchers dig up the pieces of stones and put them in sacks and leave them to soak in water. Later, after filing the fossils buried in stones (teeth, jaw, and pieces of bones) separated them from it.
- Who set World Record in the women’s 400m hurdles at US championships after 16 years?
1) Ashley Spencer
2) Dalilah Muhammad
3) Shamier Little
4) Brianna Rollins-McNeal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dalilah Muhammad
29-year-old Dalilah Muhammad set World Record in the women’s 400m hurdles at 2019 USA Track & Field (USATF) Outdoor Championships after 16 years, set by Russia’s Yuliya Pechonkina in 2003. The event was held in Drake stadium, in Des Moines, Lowa, United States.Dalilah Muhammad Record broken: She won in 52.20 seconds beating the previous record of 52.34seconds.
- Which country’s cricketer, Ellyse Perry became the first of either gender to score 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in T20 format ?
1) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Australia
All-rounder Ellyse Perry of Australia became the first cricketer of either gender to score 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in the T20 format. She achieved the feat of scoring 1000 runs in T20 against England in the second T20 of the Women’s Ashes tour on July 28, 2019. She picked up the 100th wicket by dismissing England’s Nat Sciver in the World T20 final in November 2018.
- Who lead the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) to choose Team India’s next coach ?
1) Anil Kumble
2) Ravi Shastri
3) Kapil Dev
4) Sunil Gavaskar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kapil Dev
The Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) led by Kapil Dev, former Indian cricket team captain, will select the next coach for men’s cricket team of India. Along with Kapil Dev, the panel comprises of former women’s captain Shantha Rangaswamy and former men’s coach Anshuman Gaekwad.Kapil Devi. The present coach Ravi Shastri was given an extension till the end of the tour of West Indies from August 3 to September 3, 2019.The decision to entrust the responsibility of selection to the trio was taken by the Committee of Administrators (COA).
- Venugopal Rao announces retirement recently, he was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Cricket
Y. Venugopal Rao(37), Former India batsman and Andhra Pradesh skipper has his retirement from all forms of cricket.Andhra Pradesh skipper Venugopal Ra. He represented India in 16 ODIs(One-day Internationals) and featured in 65 matches for Deccan Chargers, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League(IPL) between 2008 and 2014. He made his debut against Sri Lanka at Dambulla on July 2005.He hails from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. He played his last ODI against West Indies at Basseterre on May 23, 2006.
- Who will lead the International Cricket Council(ICC) Cricket Committee to discuss the issues concerning 2019 World Cup final, including the controversial boundary count back rule which decided the winner of the tournament ?
1) Ravi Shastri
2) Anil Kumble
3) Kapil Dev
4) Sunil Gavaskar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anil Kumble
CC’s (International Cricket Council) ) general manager of cricket Geoff Allardice stated that Anil Kumble(Former Indian cricketer)-led ICC Cricket Committee will discuss the issues concerning 2019 World Cup final, including the controversial boundary countback rule which decided the winner of the tournament. The committee will meet during the first quarter of 2020.Background: New Zealand lost the world cup title 2019 to England on boundaries based on superior boundary count (22 fours and two sixes) to New Zealand’s 17after the match ended in a tie after regulation play and subsequent Super Over.
- Name the deceased former Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India(RBI), who was also appointed as Executive Director on the board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 2015 .
1) Ram Nath
2) N. Sundaresan
3) M.G. Mekhri
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) SubirVithalGokarn
Former RBI Deputy Governor Subir Vithal Gokarn passed away due to a brief illness at the age of 60. He was appointed as Executive Director on the board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in 2015 by Narendra Modi government. He hailed from Mumbai, Maharashtra.RBI deputy Governor SubirGokarn .He served as RBI deputy Governor from 2009 to 2012.He was the youngest RBI Governor at the time.
- 81st Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) raising day was celebrated on _________ .
1) July 26
2) July 28
3) July 27
4) July 29
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) July 27
The Minister of State (MoS) for home, Nityananda Rai attended the 81st CRPF raising day celebration and paid tributes to Martyrs of the force at the National Police Memorial at Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.Director-General of the CRPF, Raju Bhai Bhatnagar remembered the CRPF Jawans who laid down their lives for the nation.As a way of providing assistance to the families of Martyrs on a real-time basis, the President Shri Ram Nath Govind launched Veer Parivar app in April 2019.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Vansda national park is located in which state ?Answer – Gujarat
- Who is CEO of International Cricket Council(ICC) ?Answer – Manu Sawhney
- What is the Capital and Currency of Paraguay ?Answer – Capital- Asunción & Currency- Paraguayan Guarani
- Who is the President of Romania ?Answer – Klaus Iohannis
- Where is the head quarter of International Finance Corporation located ?Answer – Washington, D.C.,US
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification