AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- How much percent of India’s GDP is set as a target to raise health services expenditure by 2025 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2.5%
On July 3, 2019, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan stated that the Government sets target is to raise health services expenditure to 2.5 percent of the country’s GDP(Gross domestic product) by 2025 due to the increment of expenditure over the last 10 years.Health policy: It is overarching the National Health Policy 2017 (NHP)which aims at increasing public spending to 2.5 percent of GDP by 2025 &recommends State governments should spend more than 8 percent of their budget on the health sector by 2020.
- Which Paramilitary force’s Group ‘A’ executive cadre officers has recently received the organised group ‘A’ service (OGAS) status?
i. Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)
ii. Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF)
iii. Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force(ITBP)
iv. Border Security Force(BSF)
v. Central Industrial Security Force(CISF)
vi. Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB)
1) Option i,ii,iii
2) Option ii,iii,iv
3) Option iii,iv,v
4) All the above
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) All the above
On July 3,2019, The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal for grant of Organised Group ”A” Service (OGAS) status to Group ”A” executive cadre officers of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) & extended the benefit of Non-Functional Financial Upgradation (NFFU) and Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG) at an enhanced rate of 30%.Beneficiaries: It will benefit around 1,200 officers and availed by the group ”A” officers of the Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force(ITBP), Border Security Force(BSF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), and the Sashastra Seema Bal(SSB).
- Who reviewed the National Film Heritage Mission (NFHM) during a visit to the National Film Archive of India (NFAI), Pune, Maharashtra ?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prakash Javadekar
On June 30, 2019, The Minister of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar reviewed the National Film Heritage Mission (NFHM) during a visit to the National Film Archive of India (NFAI), Pune, Maharashtra.Work done: The Government has completed an assessment of 1.32 lac film reels out of 1.5 lac reels of cinematic heritage as part of its NFHM.Jaykar Bungalow which is adjoining to NFAI building is now restored completely. The Film Institute has given 3-acre land to create a new volt where films can be stored safely.Back ground: The Government launched the prestigious mission of NFHM in 2017 with the budget of 600 crore rupees, for preservation and restoration of rich cinematic heritage of the country.
- Under which statutory corporation, cooperative sector export-promotion forum (CSEPF) will be created to boost the farmer’s income and to double the farm exports?
1) National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)
2) National Farmers Development Commission(NFDC)
3) National Farmers Cooperative Society (NFCS)
4) National Development Corporation of Farmers(NDCF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)
On July 2, 2019, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal stated that cooperative sector export-promotion forum (CSEPF) will be created under the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) after consultations with 20 states and Union territories. This will help to boost the farmer’s income and to double the farm exports target set by the government.Background: In 2018, an agriculture export policy was unveiled by the government to double agriculture exports to $60 billion by 2022.
- Who chairs the committee of experts on data protection formed by government of India to study the issues on data protection and frame Data Protection Bill ?
1) Uday Umesh Lalit
2) A.M. Khanwilkar
3) BN Srikrishna
4) Abhay Manohar Sapre
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) BN Srikrishna
On July 3, 2019, Minister of Electronics and Information and Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad in a written reply in Lok Sabha stated that comprehensive legislation on data privacy named Data Protection Bill is under formulation to strengthen the protection of personal data.The government has formed a committee of experts on data protection headed by Justice (Retd) BN Srikrishna of Supreme Court to study the issues on data protection and frame Data Protection Bill.It has released a draft Personal Data Protection Bill (PDPB) which will be placed in the Parliament for the approval.
- Name the secretary of state of United States (US), who visited India recently .
1) Jim Mattis
2) John Bolton
3) Mike Pence
4) Michael R. Pompeo
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Michael R. Pompeo
The United States (US) Secretary of State, Michael R. Pompeo visited India on 25-27 June 2019. He held talks with the External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and it paved the way to further strengthen the India-U.S. Strategic Partnership, and continue the high-level engagement on matters of mutual interest including bilateral, regional, and global issues. US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar acknowledged there were issues between the two countries on trade and committed themselves to remove the differences between them. They solidified their common vision for free and open Indo-Pacific.
- What is the name of the 2019 edition of bilateral air exercise, which has participants from India and France that held in Mont de Marsan in France ?
1) Pralay Shayam
2) Garuda VI
3) Sindex II
4) Eastern Bridge I
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Garuda VI
Indian Air Force (IAF) and Armée de l’Air (French Air Force) are participating in the Garuda VI bilateral exercise at Mont de Marsan in France. The exercise has been started on July 1 and will conclude on July 12. The objective of this exercise is to validate the latest defence strategies by enhancing the interoperability level of the French and Indian crews in air defence and ground attack missions. Contingent:Indian side – It comprised of 120 air-warriors and four Sukhoi 30 MKI along with an IL-78 flight refuelling aircraft. Also, IAF’s C-17 Globemaster strategic lift aircraft will provide logistics support to contingent during induction and de-induction phases. ii. French side – It comprises of Rafale, Alpha Jet, Mirage 2000, C135, E3F, C130, and Casa.
- First ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) is to be held in which state/UT ?
1) New Delhi
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New Delhi
The first ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from October 11-13, 2019. It is a unique initiative for taking farmers, artisans and other members of cooperatives directly to the international trade arena. The event is organized by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) with the support of Network for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC), three Ministries, four State Governments and several apex levels Indian cooperative organizations.The event is aimed to promote cooperatives to trade within India and abroad to enhance rural and farm prosperity.
- In which national park, 82 member “Special Rhino Protection Force” (SRPF) was deployed with an objective to protect the one-horned rhinoceros ?
1) Periyar National Park, Kerala
2) Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
3) Kaziranga National Park, Assam
4) Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kaziranga National Park, Assam
On June 30, 2019, 82 members “Special Rhino Protection Force” (SRPF) was deployed in Kaziranga National Park (KNP), Assam with an objective to protect the one-horned rhinoceros.SRPF consists of 74 men & 8 women who are trained to combat poachers and understand animal behaviour. They are posted under 8 ranges of KNP.The process of setting up special force was initiated in 2015 and in July 2018, recruited members were given appointment letter.KNP, home for one-horned rhino, was declared as the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage Site in 1985.
- By which year, there will be shortage of 18 million health workers as per the first guideline of World Health Organization, “WHO Consolidated Guideline on Self-Care Interventions for Health” ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 2030
The World Health Organization has introduced its first guideline on self-care interventions for health named “WHO Consolidated Guideline on Self-Care Interventions for Health”. Its first volume has focused on sexual and reproductive health and rights. By 2030, there will be shortage of 18 million health workers. Currently, 130 million people are deprived of humanitarian assistance. About 400 million people lacked access to the most essential health services. At least 100 million people faces poverty due to high costs of health care, as expenses are made out from their own pockets.
- Which country has officially banned single-use plastic shopping bags with effect from 1 July 2019 ?
2) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Zealand
In order to tackle plastic pollution, the Government of New Zealand has officially banned single-use plastic shopping bags with effect from 1 July 2019. It also introduced the hefty fines of up to 100,000 New Zealand dollar (USD 67,000) for businesses that continue to provide them. Legislation: Waste Minimization (Plastic Shopping Bags) Regulations 2018, which was announced in August 2018 came into force on July 1, 2019, in New Zealand.Ban: The retailers including stores, supermarkets, and restaurants will no longer be able to sell or distribute any single-use plastic shopping bags but the law allows reusable carriers to continue being provided.
- Which country’s sitting President became the first to enter North Korea after briefly crossed the border in the demilitarised zone (DMZ)between South and North Korea ?
1) United States, Donald Trump
2) Russia, Vladimir Putin
3) India, Ram Nath Kovind
4) China, Xi Jinping
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) United States, Donald Trump
On July 1, 2019, US (United States) President Donald Trump became the first sitting president to enter North Korea after briefly crossed the border in the demilitarised zone (DMZ) between South and North Korea. He met North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un and agreed to resume stalled nuclear talks. Third meeting: This was their third meeting in just over a year on the old Cold War frontier that for decades has symbolized the hostility between their countries, which are technically still at war.Background: They met for the first time in Singapore in June 2018 and second time in Hanoi, Vietnam in February 2019 to improve relations and work towards the denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.
- Which country has pledged to contribute to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) core budget, from $1.25 million in 2016 to $5 million in 2018 & 19?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Ambassador K Nagaraj Naidu stated that the Government of India has pledged to contribute $5 million in 2019 to UN Palestine refugee agency. India increased the annual financial contribution to The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) core budget, from $1.25 million in 2016 to $5 million in 2018. India also raised concern over the financial situation of the agency and called for ensuring sustained financial support for its work.This was announced in the meeting of the General Assembly Ad Hoc Committee for Voluntary Contributions to UNRWA.The Government of India is assisting 150 Palestinian professionals every year under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation program.
- Which organization stated that India is projected to lose 5.8% of working hours in 2030 equivalent to 34 million full-time jobs due to global warming in its report ‘Working on a Warmer Planet: The Impact of Heat Stress on Labour Productivity and Decent Work’ ?
1) World Trade Organization(WTO)
2) United Nations(UN)
3) World Health Organization(WHO)
4) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) International Labour Organisation (ILO)
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) in its report ‘Working on a Warmer Planet: The Impact of Heat Stress on Labour Productivity and Decent Work’, stated that India is projected to lose 5.8% of working hours in 2030 equivalent to 34 million full-time jobs due to global warming. It will mainly impact the agriculture and construction sectors. The estimates were based on a global temperature rise of 1.5 degree Celsius by the end of the twenty-first century, and labour force trends.The global financial loss due to heat stress was expected to reach $2,400 billion by 2030.Globally, in 2030, 2.2% of total working hours will be lost to high temperatures which is a productivity loss equivalent to 80 million full-time jobs. iv. India will be the most affected country because of its large population.
- Who was conferred with SJFI Medal (SJFI’s Highest Honour) during the annual general meeting of Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI) 2019 that held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat ?
1) Pullela Gopichand
2) Prakash Padukone
3) Sameer Verma
4) Prannoy Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Prakash Padukone
The annual general meeting of Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI) 2019 was held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It honors the sports-persons for their contribution to sport and for record-breaking reign in the National and international scene. Prakash Padukone (Badminton) was conferred with SJFI Medal (SJFI’s Highest Honour).
- Pankaj Advani, who was honoured with Sportsperson of the Year 2019 award during the annual general meeting of Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI) 2019 was associated with which sport ?
1) Billiards and Snooker
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Billiards and Snooker
The annual general meeting of Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI) 2019 was held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Awards Winners SJFI Medal (SJFI’s Highest Honour) Prakash Padukone (Badminton) Sportsperson of the Year 2019 Pankaj Advani (Billiards and Snooker) and Bajrang Punia (Wrestling). Emerging Talent of the Year 2019 Saurabh Choudhary (shooting) Team of the Year 2019 Vidarbha cricket team
- Which entity was awarded with World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ‘Technology Pioneers’ award 2019?
1) YASH Technologies
2) ENut Technologies
3) Quantela Inc
4) Unify Technologies
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Quantela Inc
On July 1, 2019, Quantela Inc, a Hyderabad and Silicon Valley-headquartered digital technology company, was awarded World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ‘Technology Pioneers’ award 2019. It was selected by a selection committee of more than 59 academics, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and corporate executives.Quantela: It is a new age digital technology solutions company focused on IoT(Internet of Things). It provides a comprehensive, customizable, scalable platform, “Atlantis” that helps cities to proactively predict and solve social, economic and environmental problems.Technologies: This year technology pioneers emerged from a diverse set of industries focusing on AI(Artificial Intelligence), IoT, robotics, blockchain, etc.
- Who has been given an additional charge as secretary to the Ministry of Textiles recently ?
1) A.K. Dhasmana
2) Rabindra Panwar
3) Bhaskar Khulbe
4) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rabindra Panwar
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the assignment of additional charge as Secretary to the Ministry of Textiles to Rabindra Panwar, Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development with immediate effect and till the appointment of a regular incumbent or until further orders whichever is earlier. He is the 1985 Indian Administrative Service Officer (IAS) of Bihar cadre. He succeeded Raghvendra Singh.
- Who was appointed as the chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), as per the decision taken in its 10th Annual General Meeting in New Delhi ?
1) Jagadish Ramadugu
2) Harsh Shrivastava
3) Vineet Chattreem
4) Manoj Kumar Nambiar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Manoj Kumar Nambiar
On July 2, 2019. The Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) announced the new appointments at its 10th Annual General Meeting in New Delhi. Manoj Kumar Nambiar, Managing Director (MD) of Arohan Financial Services, was appointed as its chairman succeeding Udaya Kumar Hebbar. Vineet Chattreem, director of Svatantra Microfin, was selected as the vice chairman succeeding Dibyajyoti Pattanaik. The Chief Executive Officer of MFIN Harsh Shrivastava announced the appointment of Gyan Mohan and Jagadish Ramadugu into its governing board.MFIN is an industry association which consists of 56 Non-Banking Financial Company-Micro Finance Institutions (NBFC-MFIs) and 40 associates including Banks, Small Finance Banks (SFBs) and NBFCs.
- Rahul Gandhi has officially resigned as President of which party ?
1) Aam Aadmi Party
2) Nationalist Congress Party
3) Indian National Congress
4) All India Trinamool Congress
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian National Congress
On July 3, 2019, Indian National Congress president Rahul Gandhi officially resigned from his post. He stated that accountability was critical to the future growth of the party and assumed that he was responsible for the loss of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. In the absence of party president, Congress party is led by senior most leader until a chief is appointed.
- Who won the World Boxing Council (WBC) Asia silver welterweight championship 2019 that held in Pattaya, Thailand ?
1) Vaibhav Yadav
2) Shiva Thapa
3) Akhil Kumar
4) Vijender Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vaibhav Yadav
Vaibhav Yadav, Indian pro boxer won the World Boxing Council (WBC) Asia silver welterweight championship 2019 that held in Pattaya, Thailand. He defeated Fahpetch Singmanassak of Thailand.The Championship was conducted by the Asian Boxing Council(ABCO) and approved by the World Boxing Council (WBC).
- Ambati Rayudu announced his retirement recently, he was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cricket
Indian Cricket team’s, middle-order batsman Ambati Rayudu (33) announced retirement from all forms of cricket. He hails from Andhra Pradesh. He announced his retirement after he was ignored in the 15-member World Cup squad even though he was in standbys list for the World Cup.Last year, he announced retirement from first-class cricket to focus on one-dayers and T20s.He Played 55 One Day International(ODI’s), 6 Twenty20 International(T20I’s), 97 First Class Cricket and 160 List A Cricket.He also played for Hyderabad in domestic cricket, and Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Name the American motorcycle racer, who passed away recently during 97th Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb .
1) Tom Phillis
2) Rupert Hollaus
3) Leslie Graham
4) Carlin Dunne
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Carlin Dunne
Carlin Dunne, motorcycle racer aged 36 passed away during the 97th Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. He hailed from Santa Barbara, California, USA. He was the fastest racer of the Hill Climb. He crashed his 2019 Ducati Streetfighter V4 Prototype near the finish line during the 97th Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.He won the championship earlier in the year 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2018.He earned the title of “King of the Mountain” after becoming the first motorcycle rider in the history of the race to achieve a sub-10-minute time in 2012.
- Lee Iacocca passed away recently, he was a ______________.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Industrialist
Celebrity businessman Lee Iacocca passed away at the age of 94 in California due to Parkinson’s disease. He was the former CEO of Chrysler and also worked in Ford. He hailed from Pennsylvania, United States. In 1979, he helped the Chrysler which was floundering in $5 billion of debt.Under his leadership, Chrysler introduced the minivan to the market and later the suburban utility vehicle (SUV).In the 1960s, he was best known for the development of Ford Mustang and Pinto cars, while working in Ford Motor Company.In 1984, he released his autobiography titled “Iacocca-An Autobiography” and in 1988, he released a book titled “Talking Straight” which was his best seller books. He even appeared on Miami Vice.
- What was the theme of the World Vitiligo Day (WVD) ?
1) Theme – “The Quality of Life of a Vitiligo Patient”
2) Theme – “The Mental and Medical Journey of Living with Vitiligo”
3) Theme – “How I Feel”
4) Theme – “Walk in our Shoes”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “The Quality of Life of a Vitiligo Patient”
World Vitiligo Day (WVD) was observed on June 25, 2019. It is aimed to build global awareness about Vitiligo and to fight misconceptions regarding chronic skin disorder. The theme for this year is “The Quality of Life of a Vitiligo Patient”. Vitiligo is a skin disease where pale white patches start forming on the skin due to lack of melanin, a skin pigment. The first WVD was observed in 2011.The day is observed as a memorial to Michael Jackson, an American singer, songwriter and dancer, who suffered from vitiligo from the early 1980s until his death on June 25, 2009.The International Conference on WVD for 2019 was held in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is located in which state ?Answer – Hyderabad, Telangana
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport of hyderabad launches Face Recognition system for entry on pilot basis. Digi Yatra would facilitate paperless travel.On the first day (July 1), over 180 passengers enrolled voluntarily for DigiYatra trials at Hyderabad Airport.
- Who is the president of Asian Boxing Council(ABCO) ?Answer – Pol.Gen.Kovid Bhakdibhumi
- Where is the headquarter of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) located ?Answer – Gurugram, Haryana
- Where is the headquarter of World Economic Forum(WEF) located?Answer – Cologny, Switzerland
- Who is the director general of International Labour Organisation (ILO) ?Answer – Guy Ryder