AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the bill passed by Parliament of India which gives effect to the financial proposals of the Central Government for the financial year 2019-20 .
1) Governments Finance Bill 2019
2) Appropriation Bill 2019
3) Finance Bill 2019
4) Financial Proposal Bill 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Finance Bill 2019
Parliament has passed the Finance Bill 2019 and Appropriation Bill 2019.Finance Bill 2019: It gives effect to the financial proposals of the Central Government for the financial year 2019-20.Appropriation Bill 2019: It seeks to authorize payment and appropriation of certain sums from and out of the Consolidated Fund of India for the services of the financial year 2019-20.Changes: The government brought changes related to the taxation with an aim for building new India where there is transparency, less government, and more governance. Cess on petrol and diesel: It was hiked by two rupees per litre. It was justified by the Finance Minister Nirmal Sitharaman that the government has maintained inflation at the lowest level for the last five years and the hike would not add any significant burden on prices.
- Expand NSSO ?
1) National Sample Survey Office
2) National Statistics Survey Office
3) National Sample Statistics Office
4) National Survey Office
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Sample Survey Office
The full form of NSSO is National Sample Survey Office.
- Which Indian Railway zone has introduced “Pink colored SLRcoach” (second Class -cum- Luggage-cum Guard’s Coach) for women, to specially help the women passengers with better safety and security ?
1) South Western Railway (SWR)
2) North Western Railway (NWR)
3) South Eastern Railway (SER)
4) Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR)
As a new initiative that would enhance the security of women, the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) zone has introduced pink-colored SLRcoach (second Class -cum- Luggage-cum Guard’s Coach) for women. NFR Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO) PranavJyoti announced that these pink coaches will help women passengers to identify their coach during rush hours.
- What is the average monthly income per agricultural household from all sources as per the Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households conducted by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) ?
1) Rs. 6,426
2) Rs. 6,326
3) Rs. 6,226
4) Rs. 6,126
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs. 6,426
On July 26, 2019, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar stated that the average monthly income per agricultural household from all sources is Rs. 6,426 in the country based on the Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households conducted by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) during its 70th round (January 2013-December 2013).
- Where was the 5th edition of Dharma-Dhamma conference with the theme of “Sat-Chit-Ananda & Nirvana in Dharma-Dhamma Traditions” held ?
1) Dispur, Assam
2) Rajgir, Bihar
3) Bhubaneswar, Odisha
4) Ranchi, Jharkhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rajgir, Bihar
A two-day 5th International Dharma-Dhamma conference was held at Rajgir International Convention Centre(RICC) in Rajgir, Bihar from 27 -28 July 2019 with the theme of “Sat-Chit-Ananda & Nirvana in Dharma-Dhamma Traditions”. Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports Kiren Rijiju who was the Chief Guest inaugurated the conference.
- Which country has collaborated with World Health Organisation(WHO) to control the Ebola outbreak over the next six months by launching surveillance and vaccination training to the citizens?
3) Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
The World Health Organisation(WHO) and the government of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) have come together with a program to control the Ebola outbreak over the next six months by launching surveillance and vaccination training to the citizens of DRC. WHO’s emergency Operations Director Peter Graaf declared emergency in GOMA, which is a densely populated Eastern City bordering Rwanda following the confirmation of an Ebola case there.
- Name the new platform based on a new class of non-banking financial institutions, called the account aggregator (NBFC-AA), which is introduced to Solve Fintech’s Data Problem.
1) “Shiksha Vani”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) “Sahamati”
New platform “Sahamati” was introduced based on a new class of non-banking financial institutions called the account aggregator (NBFC-AA) model. This will work as consent brokers, which will take users permission to access their financial accounts, aggregate and organize all their financial information in one place.
- Who introduced the new platform “Sahamati” to Solve Fintech’s Data Problem ?
1) Nandan Nilekani
2) Salil Parekh
3) Shaktikanta Das
4) Urjit Patel
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nandan Nilekani
Infosys co-founder and its former chairman Nandan Nilekani has introduced a new platform “Sahamati” based on a new class of non-banking financial institutions called the account aggregator (NBFC-AA) model. This will work as consent brokers, which will take users permission to access their financial accounts, aggregate and organize all their financial information in one place.
- ________ edition of Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 was kick started recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 7th
7th Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 which is conducted recently.
- Which ministry has started conducting the 7th Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 that commenced in Tripura on 29th July, 2019 ?
1) Minister of Human Resource Development(MHRD)
2) Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment(MSJE)
3) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
4) Minister of Finance(MoF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI)
7th Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 which is conducted by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) commenced from Tripura on July 29, 2019.
- After how many year, 7th Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 was held ?
1) 3 Years
2) 5 Years
3) 7 Years
4) 10 Years
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5 Years
7th Economic Census (EC) for the year 2019 is held after a gap of 5 years. This is done to get a complete count of all economic units in India. After Tripura, it will be launched in Puducherry, and in other states and union territories in August and September, 2019.
- IICRA was in news, what does ‘A’ stands for ________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Agency
A stands for Agency in IICRA.The full form of IICRA is Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India.
- India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) is expected to remain at how much percent of GDP ?
1) 2.3 %
2) 2.4 %
3) 2.5 %
4) 2.6 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2.3 %
According to Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency (IICRA), despite recent slowdown in Merchandise exports and imports, India’s Current Account Deficit (CAD) is expected to remain steady at a range of 16-17 billion dollars or 2.3 % of GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in the first quarter.
- How many days will be given to the promoters to re-take control of the company through agreements with creditors after insolvency proceedings begin ?
1) 100 days
2) 45 days
3) 90 days
4) 180 days
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 90 days
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has notified that the promoters and other stakeholders will be given 90 days after the commencement of insolvency proceedings to re-take control of the company through agreements with creditors. It was proposed under Section 230 of the Companies Act 1956.
- How much percent of Indian Gross Domestic Product(GDP) is contributed by Indian Cities ?
1) 65% – 79%
2) 59% – 70%
3) 70% – 95%
4) 55% – 70%
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 59% – 70%
According to IDFC Institute’s Report on Reforming Urban India, Indian Cities contribute between 59% and 70% of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). They need urgent reforms in order to unlock their economic potential and transform the quality of life.Focus: The existing cities suffer from neglect due to unacknowledged development. Therefore the focus should be made in recognizing the extent of urban growth, improve land utilization, empower urban local bodies and invest in public transport networks.Rate of Urbanization: India’s urbanization rate may be anywhere between 47% and 65%. Census 2011 had estimated that 31% of India was urban.
- Who was conferred with the prestigious “Indian Women of Influence” award at the House of Lords, The United Kingdom Parliament, London ?
1) Neeta Lulla
2) Tarun Tahiliani
3) Ritu Kumar
4) Priya Priyadarshini Jain
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Priya Priyadarshini Jain
Social entrepreneur philanthropist and eminent fashionista Priya Priyadarshini Jain was conferred with the prestigious “Indian Women of Influence” award at the House of Lords, The United Kingdom Parliament, London. She was also one among the others featured in the coffee table book on ‘50 most influential Indian women worldwide’ featuring top indian women like former Indian president PartibhaPatil, Nita Ambani, MP Caroline, HemaMalini, Shilpashetty.
- Name the first Indian, who was crowned with Miss Deaf World 2019 held in Mbombela, South Africa.
1) Vidisha Baliyan
2) Marlee Matlin
3) Rikki Poynter
4) Halle Berry
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vidisha Baliyan
21-year-old Vidisha Baliyan from Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh became the first Indian, crowned Miss Deaf World 2019 which was held in Mbombela, South Africa. She is a former International tennis player who represented India in the Deaflympics.
- Phumelela Mapukata of which country won the Mr. Deaf World 2019 ?
3) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) South Africa
Mr. Deaf World 2019 was won by South Africa’s Phumelela Mapukata.
- Who was awarded with the People’s Choice Prize at the Boston International Sand Art Championship 2019 ?
1) Manas Kumar Sahoo
2) Sudarshan Pattnaik
3) Nitish Bharti
4) Rahul Arya
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sudarshan Pattnaik
On July 28, 2019, A sand artist from Puri, Odisha, Sudarshan Pattnaik was awarded People’s Choice Prize at the Boston International Sand Art Championship 2019. He sculpted the sand art based on the global issue of plastic pollution with a message inscribed “Stop plastic pollution, Save our Ocean”. He received the People’s Choice medal from Revere Beach Partnership Board Member Adrienne Sacco-Maguir. He participated in the 2019 Revere Beach International Sand Sculpting Festival in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, which was held from July 26-28, 2019.15 sculptors had participated in the competition.In 2017, he had won the jury prize gold medal at the Xth World Sand Sculptures Championship in Moscow, Russia.He was awarded the Padma Shri by Government of India in 2014.
- Name the Indian Politician, who was appointed as the 29th Governor of Bihar .
1) Kalraj Mishra
2) Mridula Sinha
3) Jagdish Mukhi
4) Fagu Chauhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Fagu Chauhan
On July 29, 2019, Fagu Chauhan, a six-time member of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, was sworn in as the 29th Governor of Bihar replacing Lal Ji Tandon who has taken charge as the Governor of Madhya Pradesh. Oath taking ceremony was administered by Chief Justice of the Patna High Court Amreshwar Pratap Shahi at the Raj Bhavan in Patna in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and other leaders.
- To which state, Anandiben Patel was appointed as the governor recently ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Uttar Pradesh
On July 29,2019, Anandiben Patel took oath as the Governor of Uttar Pradesh(UP). Govind Mathur, the Chief Justice of the UP High Court administered her the oath of Office and Secrecy at Raj Bhawan in Lucknow, UP. Outgoing Governor Ram Naik also attended the swearing-in ceremony.
- Who was appointed as the next Director-General of the Border Security Force (BSF) ?
1) K.N. Vyas
2) D K Pathak
3) V K Johri
4) Rajiv Mehrishi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) V K Johri
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC)headed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi that has Home Minister Amit Shah as its member, has appointed IPS officer V K Johri as the next Director-General of the Border Security Force (BSF). He is currently the special secretary in the external Intelligence Agency, Research Analysis Wing (RAW) and will take over as the BSF Director General from incumbent Rajni Kanti Mishra.V.K.Johri is also appointed as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Home Ministry.
- To which committee, Girish Bhalchandra Bapat was appointed as the chairman by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla ?
1) Basel Committee
2) Estimates Committee
3) Sarkaria Committee
4) Bhurelal Committee
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Estimates committee
On July 27, 2019, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has appointed Pune Lok Sabha member Girish Bhalchandra Bapat as chairman of the estimates committee, which is one of the three financial standing committees of the parliament apart from the public accounts committee(PAC) and committee on public undertakings. The members of estimates committee include Danish Ali, Dayanidhi Maran, PP Choudhary, KC Patel, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Parvesh Sahib Singh Verma, Dilip Ghosh, and Kamlesh Paswan.This is the 1st time the member from Maharashtra head the committee, that is tasked with making suggestions about alternative policies to bring about efficiency and economy in administration.
- Which country has deliverd the 1st batch of 4 AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack helicopters to Indian Air Force (IAF) at Hindon airbase in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh(UP) ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United States
On July 27, 2019, Indian Air Force (IAF) has received 1st batch of 4 of total 22 AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack helicopters from US (United States)aerospace major Boeing at Hindon airbase in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh(UP). An additional four Apache helicopters will arrive next week, and these 8 helicopters will be then moved to Pathankot Air Force Station, Punjab for their formal induction by the IAF in September 2019.
- Name the anti-Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) drug recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) recently .
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dolutegravir
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended the use of anti-Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) drug Dolutegravir (DTG) as the preferred first-line and second-line treatment for all populations, including pregnant women and those of childbearing potential. It will help more countries to improve their HIV policies.Initial studies highlighted a possible link between DTG and neural tube defects (birth defects of the brain and spinal cord that cause conditions such as spina bifida) in infants born to women using the drug at the time of conception.
- SUPARCO, is the space agency of which country ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pakistan
Pakistan’s National Space Agency is ‘SUPARCO’ (Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission) was set up in 1961. The first communication satellite was launched 50 years later with help from a subsidiary of China Aerospace and Technology Corporation.
- By which year, Pakistan will send its first man to space ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2022
On July 25, 2019, Pakistan informed that it will send its first astronaut to space in 2022 using China’s satellite launching facilities. The selection process of the astronaut for the space mission will commence from February 2020.
- Which sport, is added for the first time to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games ?
4) Table Tennis Mixed Doubles
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Table Tennis Mixed Double
For the first time in the Olympic Games’ history, Table Tennis Mixed Doubles event added in a new Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games. Manika Batra to pair with Sharath Kamal for mixed doubles spot in Tokyo Olympics. Table tennis had appeared at the Summer Olympics in eight previous occasions beginning with the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul.The 2008 Games in Beijing, China saw men’s &women’s singles and team events.
- Who won 2019 Formula 1 German Grand Prix ?
1) Max Verstappen
2) Sebastian Vettel
3) Lewis Hamilton
4) Charles Leclerc
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Max Verstappen
Red Bull Racing driver Max Verstappen (Dutch) of won 2019 Formula 1 German Grand Prix. It was his second win for the year 2019.Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the second place and Scuderia Toro Rosso’s Daniil Kvyat finished third.Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes finished 11th.
- Name the Indian Chess Player, who won 46th National Women Chess Championship 2019 held in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu .
1) Elina Danielian
2) Harika Dronavalli
3) Bhakti Kulkarni
4) Padmini Rout
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bhakti Kulkarni
Defending champion Bhakti Kulkarni(Goa) of Air India, retained her title in the 46th National Women Chess Championship 2019 held in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. Kulkarni played against Pratyusha Bodda of Andhra Pradesh. She retained the title with 10 points in the finals resulted in a draw.The event was an 11 rounds swiss event following a time control of 90 Minutes for the first 40 moves plus 30 Minutes for rest of the game with 30 seconds increment from move one organized by Castle Chess Academy. The event attracted prize money of Rs. 15, 00,000 attended by 106 participants from all over the country.
- Which state received the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) affiliation after a wait of 40 years ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chandigarh
After the Chandigarh Cricket Association of Punjab decided to merge with the Union Territory Cricket Association (UTCA), the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) cleared the UTCA to get the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) affiliation after a wait of 40 years to run the sport. Now, Chandigarh has its own team in the Ranji Trophy and other domestic tournaments organised by the BCCI. Earlier, Chandigarh cricketers, who were earlier forced to represent Punjab or Haryana. Delhi is the only other Union Territory with BCCI affiliation.
- Name the renowned Malayalam poet, translator, who passed away recently .
2) Somnath Chatterjee
3) Leonard Cohen
4) Attoor Ravi Varma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Attoor Ravi Varma
On July 26, 2019, Renowned Malayalam poet, translator Attoor Ravi Varma passes away in Thrissur, Kerala after age-related ailments. He was 89. Varma, born on October 27, 1930, in Attoor village of Thrissur district, Kerala completed his graduation in Malayalam from the University College, Thiruvananthapuram. He was considered one of the pioneers of modernism in Malayalam poetry.He was a recipient of Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award, Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Poetry and Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Translation and Ashan Award.The Kerala State Government honored him with Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, the highest literary award, in 2012.
- Jaipal Reddy passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Politician
On July 28, 2019, Former union minister and senior Congress leader from Telangana, S. Jaipal Reddy, aged 77, passed away at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology in Hyderabad while undergoing treatment for pneumonia. Born on 16 January 1942, in Madgul, Telangana, he was a 4-time Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Kalwakurthy from 1969-84. In 1979, he joined Janata Dal and returned to the Congress party after 20 years in 1999 and held ministerial berths. He was elected to Lok Sabha for five terms in 1984, 1998, 1999, 2004 and 2009.
- World Tiger Day is observed annually on ______ .
1) July 27
2) July 28
3) July 29
4) July 25
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) July 29
World Tiger Day was observed on July 29, 2019. It is celebrated to promote the assurance of natural environment of tigers and increase awareness about the preservation of tiger. The day was built up in 2010 at Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit in Russia where the signatories declared an agreement that the governments of tiger populated counties would double the tiger population by 2022. This 12-year goal (2010 – 2022) was termed as TX2.
- Who released the 4th cycle of All India Tiger Estimation 2018 ?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Narendra Modi
3) Amit Shah
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the results of the 4th cycle of All India Tiger Estimation 2018, at Lok Kalyan Marg in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javdekar; the Union Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Shri Babul Supriyo; and the Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Shri C.K. Mishra.
- Which state ranked first with the highest number of tigers counted to 526?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh ranked first with the highest number of tigers at 526. The second spot was claimed by Karnataka at 524. Uttarakhand ranked third with 442 tigers. Chhattisgarh and Mizoram saw a decline in their tiger numbers. The numbers in Odisha remained constant.
- Name the mobile application launched to estimate the tiger population in the country .
1) Monitoring System For Tigers-Intensive Protection and Ecological Status (M-STrIPES)
2) Monitoring System For Tigers Protection and Ecological Status (M-STrPES)
3) Monitoring System For Tigers & Other wild life Status (M-STOWS)
4) Monitoring System For Tiger Conservation (M-STC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Monitoring System For Tigers-Intensive Protection and Ecological Status (M-STrIPES)
The wildlife officials used mobile application Monitoring System For Tigers-Intensive Protection and Ecological Status (M-STrIPES) to estimate the tiger population in the country. This was announced by Y V Jhala, Scientist of Tiger Cell at Wildlife Institute of India (WII). The application records the track a forest official walks and geotags the sightings of tigers and even other animals or signs which helps in the estimation. The data was received from 491 forest divisions of India and it was processed using M-STrIPES software.
- Which year is set as target for doubling tiger population in India ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2022
According to the Survey, the count of tigers in India rose to 2967 in 2018. India has achieved its 2022 target of doubling tiger population four years before the deadline. The count grew from 1,411 in 2006 to 2,226 in 2014 and to 2,967 in 2018. In the last five years, the forest cover of India has grown. There was an increase in the “protected areas.” In 2014, there were 692 protected areas, which increased to more than 860 in 2019. The “Community Reserves” grew from 43, in 2014, to more than 100.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) ?Answer – Rahul Johri
- What is the Capital and Currency of North Korea ?Answer – Capital: North Korean won & Currency: Pyongyang
- Who is the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) of Indian Air Force (IAF) ?Answer – Birender Singh Dhanoa
- Dudhwa National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the President of Democratic Republic of Congo ?Answer – Felix Tshusekedi