AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs July 28 2019
- Where was the 36th Goods & Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting held ?
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi
On July 27, 2019, the 36th Goods & Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting was held in New Delhi Via Video Conference.
- Who chairs the 36th Goods & Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting in New Delhi ?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Amit Shah
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nirmala Sitharaman
On July 27, 2019, the 36th Goods & Service Tax (GST) Council Meeting was held in New Delhi Via Video Conference under the chairmanship of Union Finance & Corporate Affairs Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman. It was attended by Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Shri Anurag Thakur, Revenue Secretary Shri Ajay Bhushan Pandey and other senior officials of the Ministry of Finance.
- What is the revised Goods & Service Tax (GST) rate of all Electric Vehicles (EVs) in India ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 5%
The GST Council made the following changes in the GST rate on supply of goods and services which will be effective from August 1, 2019: The GST rate on all Electric Vehicles (EVs) was reduced from 12% to 5%. The GST rate on charger or charging stations for EVs was reduced from 18% to 5%. Hiring of electric buses (of carrying capacity of more than 12 passengers) by local authorities was exempted from GST.
- Who chaired a review meeting with senior officers of Ministry of DoNER, North Eastern Council (NEC) and other organizations of MDoNER in New Delhi ?
1) Rao Inderjit Singh
2) Dr Jitendra Singh
3) Shripad Yesso Naik
4) Harsh Vardhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dr Jitendra Singh
On July 26, 2019, Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh chaired a review meeting with senior officers of Ministry of DoNER, North Eastern Council (NEC) and other organizations of MDoNER in New Delhi. It was attended by the Secretary, MDoNER, Dr Inder Jit Singh; Secretary, North Eastern Council (NEC), Shri Ram Muivah; Managing Director (MD) North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Ltd (NERAMAC) Shri Pankaj Prasad; MD Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) Dr. Shailendra Chaudhari and other senior officers.
- Where was the first Bamboo Industrial Park will be set up in India ?
1) Lambakheda, Bhopal district of Madhya Pradesh
2) Mahudi, Gandhinagar district of Gujarat
3) Manderdisa, Dima Hasao district of Assam
4) Behta, Lucknow of Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Manderdisa, Dima Hasao district of Assam
Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh chaired and briefed about the progress report of 100 Days Action Plan for Ministry of DoNER.It sanctioned 200 projects worth about Rs 3,000 crore.First Bamboo Industrial Park will be set up at Manderdisa in Dima Hasao district of Assam in an area of 75 hectares at a cost of Rs. 50 crores.49 projects worth Rs 1231.94 crore were achieved by the Ministry.8 new projects worth Rs. 586.3 crore were sanctioned under NERSDS and NESIDS schemes.
- Who launched a Dashboard of Department of Defence Production (DDP) to help in effective monitoring of various initiatives and schemes of the departments of the Ministry of Defence ?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Narendra Modi
3) Amit Shah
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajnath Singh
On July 25, 2019, Union Minister of Defence Shri Rajnath Singh launched a Dashboard of Department of Defence Production (DDP) to help in effective monitoring of various initiatives and schemes of the departments of the Ministry of Defence in the presence of Secretary (Defence Production) Dr Ajay Kumar, Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Yesso Naik and other senior officials of the Ministry.
- Which Central Armed Police Force has launched an online encyclopedia called Securitypedia which incorporates a wide range of security related issues ?
1) Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP)
2) Border Security Force(BSF)
3) Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF)
4) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) launched an online encyclopedia called Securitypedia which incorporates a wide range of security related issues, best practices and latest technologies (in the domain of security) available across the world. It also launched CISF Tube which is an online video database of all videos relevant to CISF where CISF personnel can learn various subjects related to their area of functioning.
- Name the ministry, which has organized a workshop called ‘Waste To Wealth’ on productive utilization of ‘Red Mud’ in association with the Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (JNARDDC) Nagpur .
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Mines
3) Ministry of Labour and Employment
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ministry of Mines
On July 26, 2019, The Ministry of Mines in association with the Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (JNARDDC) Nagpur, has organized a workshop called ‘Waste To Wealth’ on productive utilization of ‘Red Mud’in New Delhi.The workshop, which was presided over by Dr. K. Rajeswara Rao, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Mines.Discussion: The workshop discussed the present status regarding the generation of red mud and its safe disposal and utilization.
- How much of Bauxite residue also known as red mud is generated in India every year?
1) 3 million tons
2) 5 million tons
3) 9 million tons
4) 8 million tons
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 9 million tons
Bauxite residue also known as red mud is a solid waste generated during the aluminum production process. This is an environmental concern due to the presence of impurities such as caustic soda and other minerals.The generation of red mud is more than 150 million tons globally and there exists a global inventory of more than 3 billion tons.In India, the generation is around 9 million tons per year.
- Where are the two defence industrial corridors to be set up by Indian Goverment?
1) Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
2) Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat
4) Gujarat and Assam
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
In pursuance of the announcement made by the then Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley in the budget speech 2018-19, the Government has decided to set up 2 Defence Industrial Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. It will cover the needs of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). The 6 nodes of Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor are Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Aligarh, Chitrakoot, and Jhansi.Investments worth Rs 4,000 crore have been received and the project is expected to cost Rs 20,000 crore.Change is proposed in the Defence Policy-2018 of the Uttar Pradesh government for the inclusion of the manufacture of arms, ammunition, and explosives as an investment area for the defence corridor.
- Which city is set to host 2019 International Gita Jayanti Mahotsav on December 3 to 8,2019 ?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Jaipur, Rajasthan
3) Chandigarh, Punjab
4) Kurukshetra, Haryana
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kurukshetra, Haryana
2019 International Gita Jayanti Mahotsav scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra, Haryana from December 3 to 8,2019.
- Name the online platform, which has partnered with Liverpool John Moores University(LJMU), North England, UK & offers India’s first online Master’s degree program in Machine Learning(ML)and AI(Artificial Intelligence) .
1) Khan Academy
4) LinkedIn Learning
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) upGrad
An online higher education platform, upGrad with Liverpool John Moores University(LJMU), North England, UK offers India’s first online Master’s degree program in Machine Learning(ML)and AI(Artificial Intelligence). The 18-month program- 1st 11 months delivered by IIIT-B (International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore) and next 7 months by LJMU will provide the learners with PGD (postgraduate diploma) in ML&AI from IIIT-B and a Master’s degree(M.Sc) from LJMU.
- Which country has invited to be the partner country for 2019 International Gita Jayanti Mahotsav that is to be held in Kurukshetra, Haryana ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nepal
Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana has invited Nepal to be the partner country for 2019 International Gita Jayanti Mahotsav scheduled to be held at Kurukshetra, Haryana from December 3 to 8,2019.Khattar made this offer to Nilamber Acharya, Ambassador of Nepal to India.
- Where was the Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) Foreign Ministers Meeting 2019 held ?
1) Ottawa, Canada
2) Caracas, Venezuela
3) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4) Buenos Aires, Argentina
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) Foreign Ministers Meet was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on July 25-26, 2019. The meeting focused on the importance of upholding and supporting the objectives of Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and intensifying cooperation to implement and improve its Standards on Combating Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation. The Ministers emphasized the importance to comply with and strengthen the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and on their Destruction (BTWC), including by adopting a Protocol to the Convention that provides for, inter alia, an efficient verification mechanism.
- Name the Indian Delegation, who represented India in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) Foreign Ministers Meeting 2019.
1) VK Singh
2) Dharmendra Pradhan
3) Arjun Munda
4) Pralhad Joshi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) VK Singh
India was represented by Gen. (retd) VK Singh who is the Union Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways.The members condemned terrorism in all its forms & manifestations and recognized terrorist acts as criminal and unjustifiable. They expressed their conviction that a comprehensive approach is necessary to ensure effective results against terrorism. Views were exchanged on key issues on the international agenda.
- Who was re-appointed Chairperson of National Anti-profiteering Authority(NAA) for 2 years ?
1) Amit Kumar Agarwal
2) Pranesh Pathak
3) H.Rajesh Prasad
4) Badri Narain Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Badri Narain Sharma
On July 25, 2019, The appointment committee of cabinet (ACC), Government of India has re-appointed Badri Narain Sharma (1985-batch IAS officer from Rajasthan) as chairman of the National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA). He will continue as the NAA chairman for two years. Currently, NAA has three members including J C Chauhan (Chairman, Tax tribunal, Himachal Pradesh) and Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officers R Bhagyadevi and Amand Shah.NAA: It was constituted under Section 171 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Act, 2017.
- Name the Lieutenant general, who will be the next Director-General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army .
1) Manoj Mukund Naravane
2) Paramjit Singh
3) Ranbir Singh
4) Satinder Kumar Saini
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Paramjit Singh
Lt Gen Paramjit Singh, currently serving as General Officer Commanding of the Army’s Nagrota-based XVI Corps will be the next Director-General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army. He will succeed Lt Gen Anil Chauhan, who has been appointed new General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Command by replacing Lt-Gen M.M. Naravane. Singh, who has extensive experience in counter-terror operations will take over as the new DGMO on October 15, 2019.He will oversee the various operations of the Indian Army including the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir(J&K).
- Team of students from which institute has developed ‘smart agricopter’ to eliminate manual spraying of pesticides in agricultural fields ?
1) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Kharagpur
2) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Delhi
3) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras
4) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras
A ‘smart agricopter’ has been developed by the team of three students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras to eliminate manual spraying of pesticides in agricultural fields & It also allows spraying pesticides 10 times faster with 100% accuracy than manual spraying. Smart agricopter: It is hexacopter drone having the capacity to carry 15 liters of pesticide. It is also fitted with advanced multispectral imaging camera that helps to identify crop health by using imaging camera. Its autonomous pesticide refilling system ensures entire spraying is completely autonomous.
- In which galaxy, team of scientists from Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) has discovered 28 new variable stars ?
1) Milky Way galaxy
2) Andromeda Galaxy
3) Triangulum Galaxy
4) Whirlpool Galaxy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Milky Way galaxy
A team of scientists at Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) in Nainital district of Uttarakhand has discovered 28 new variable stars in Milky Way galaxy. Discovery: The team led by Dr. Sneh Lata and Dr. A K Pandey performed photometric observations of globular cluster ‘NGC 4147’ using 3.6-meter powerful Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT). This is the first time variable stars have been found in NGC 4147, in the constellation of Coma Berenices. NGC 4147 is located closer to the Earth, was discovered by British astronomer William Herschel in 1784.Benefit: The discovery provides knowledge about the composition of globular clusters in general.
- Who chairs the high-level 10-member Committee, which has been formed to coordinate and strategize the preparation for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics ?
1) Radhey Shyam Julaniya
2) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
3) Upma Chawdhry
4) Kiren Rijiju
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kiren Rijiju
On July 27, 2019, A high-level 10-member Committee has been formed under the Chairmanship of Kiren Rijiju, Sports Minister to coordinate and strategize the preparation for the 2020 and 2024 Olympics. The objective of the high-level committee is ensured that the performance of the Indian athletes is to optimize in the Olympics and other multidisciplinary events.2020 Tokyo Games: The aim of the committee for the 2020 Tokyo Games would be to provide all possible support to potential and qualified athletes.2024 Paris Games: The committee will make road-map for the preparation for 2024 Paris Games, and continuously review and suggest course correction whenever required.
- Where will the third edition of Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) to be held from January 18-30, 2020 ?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Guwahati, Assam
3) Chandigarh, Haryana
4) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Guwahati, Assam
Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju informed that the third edition of Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) will be held in Guwahati, Assam from January 18-30, 2020. It will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association (IOA), School Games Federation of India (SGFI) and Assam as host State.The inaugural edition of Khelo India was held in New Delhi in 2018 and Pune hosted the second edition of games in 2019.
- ________ edition of Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 was held in Bangkok, Thailand recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7th
The 7th edition of Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 was held in Bangkok, Thailand. Indian boxers finished their campaign with 8 medals- 1 gold, 4 silver, and 3 bronze. It was organized by the Thailand Boxing Association.
- Who bagged his first international gold under 75 kg in 7th edition of Thailand Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 ?
1) Ashish Kumar
2) Nikhat Zareen
3) Deepak Bhoria
4) Brijesh Yadav
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ashish Kumar
Asian Championships silver medallist Ashish Kumar (75 kg) bagged his first international gold against Korea’s Kim Jinjae by 5-0.Former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen (51 kg) lost to Chang Yuan of China and settled for silver.Asian silver-winner Deepak Bhoria (49 kg) won the silver medal by losing to Mirzakhmedov Nodirjon of Uzbekistan.GeeBee Boxing silver-medallist Mohammed Hussamuddin (56kg) and India Open silver medallist Brijesh Yadav (81kg) also settled for Silver medals.Former Asian youth silver-medallist Ashish (69kg) lost to Thailand’s Wuttichai Masuk and settled for bronze.Among the women pugilists, Manju Rani (48kg) who lost to Thailand’s Chuthamat Raksa and Bhagyabati Kachari (75 kg) settled with bronze medals.
- Which country’s cricketer, Mohammad Amir announced his retirement from Test cricket recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pakistan
On July 26, 2019, Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Mohammad Amir(27) announced his retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect citing his desire to concentrate on white-ball cricket.He represented Pakistan in 36 Tests since making his debut as a 17-year-old in 2009.In August 2018, he was one of the thirty-three players to be awarded a central contract for the 2018–19 season by the Pakistan Cricket Board.He is the only player to have bowled in a five-wicket (1 caught, 2 bowled, 2 run-outs) maiden over in T20 cricket, doing so against Australia in 2010.He has played 77 one-day internationals (ODI) and 42 Twenty20s for Pakistan.
- What was the theme of the World Hepatitis Day (WHD) 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Know Hepatitis-Act now”
2) Theme – “Invest in Eliminating Hepatitis”
3) Theme – “Find the Missing Millions”
4) Theme – “Hepatitis: Think Again”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “Invest in Eliminating Hepatitis”
World Hepatitis Day (WHD) was observed on July 28, 2019. It is observed to raise awareness of the global burden of viral hepatitis. The theme of the World Health Organization (WHO) for WHD 2019 is “Invest in Eliminating Hepatitis”.
- Which was the host country of World Hepatitis Day (WHD) 2019 global events ?
1) Kathmandu, Nepal
2) Thimphu, Bhutan
3) Islamabad, Pakistan
4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Islamabad, Pakistan
July 28 was chosen to celebrate WHD as it is the birthday of scientist Dr Baruch Blumberg who discovered the hepatitis B virus (HBV).In 2008, the World Hepatitis Alliance in association with patient groups declared May 19 as the first WHD. Later, the World Health Assembly (WHA) changed it to July 28 in May 2010.Georgia’s hepatitis C elimination program, launched in 2015, was named as the world’s first Centre of Excellence in Viral Hepatitis Elimination by the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) International Liver Foundation.The host country for WHD 2019 was Pakistan where the global events were held in Islamabad on 27-28 July 2019. As per WHO, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal & Thailand achieved Hepatitis B control.
- World Nature Conservation Day is observed on _________ .
1) July 28
2) July 27
3) July 26
4) July 25
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) July 28
World Nature Conservation Day was observed on July 28, 2019. It is celebrated with an objective to increase awareness about natural resources and protecting them.The day recognizes that a healthy environment is a foundation for a stable and productive society and to ensure the well-being of present and future generations.A report from the World Wildlife Foundation mentioned that since 1970, the pressure that people exerted on the planet was doubled and the resources upon which people depend declined by 33%.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of World Wildlife Fund for Nature (WWF) located ?Answer – Rue Mauverny, Gland, Switzerland
- Who is the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) in Indian Army ?Answer – General Bipin Rawat
- Name the countries, which were associated to form BRICS nation.Answer – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- Who is the Director general of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) ?Answer – Rajesh Ranjan
- Kalesar National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Haryana
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification