AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who launched the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 in New Delhi ?
1) Dharmendra Pradhan
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Ramvilas Paswan
4) Arjun Munda
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Piyush Goyal
On July 24, 2019, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal launched the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 in New Delhi.
- What was the theme of the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 in New Delhi ?
1) Theme – “Winning with Global. Innovation”
2) Theme – “Innovation Feeding the World”
3) Theme – “Energizing the World with Innovation”
4) Theme – “Creating Healthy Lives – The Future of Medical Innovation”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Creating Healthy Lives – The Future of Medical Innovation”
The theme of the 2019 GII is “Creating Healthy Lives – The Future of Medical Innovation”. The index tracks innovation in government policies and industry practices.
- Which country topped in the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 ?
3) United States of America
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Switzerland
Switzerland topped the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019.
Rank Country Score (Out of 100) 1 Switzerland 67.24 2 Sweden 63.65 3 United States of America 61.73 4 Netherlands 61.44 5 United Kingdom 61.30
- What is the rank of India in the 12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 52
India was ranked 52nd in 2019 with the score 36.58 out of 100 from 57th position in 2018. It was ranked 81st in 2015, 66th in 2016 and 60th in 2017.
- Name the Organization which has collaborated with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to co-host the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2019 launch event.
1) United Nations Industrial Development Organization(UNIDO)
2) World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
3) United States Patent and Trademark Office(USPTO)
4) World Meteorological Organization(WMO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
12th Edition of the Global Innovation Index (GII) for the year 2019 was co-hosted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). It was for the first time that the GII was launched in an emerging economy.
- Which year is set as a target for the state governments to install rooftop solar systems in order to achieve Center Govt’s 40,000 MW (40GW) target?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 2022
The central government has urged all the states for rooftop solar systems installation by 2022 in order to achieve its 40,000 MW (40GW) target. In-charge for this grid-connected solar program will be the Solar Energy Corporation of India(SECI), The state distribution companies (discom) and the state nodal agencies.
- Where was the 4-day International Shark Meet held ?
1) Kochi, Kerala
2) Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
3) Shillong, Meghalaya
4) Aizawl, Mizoram
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kochi, Kerala
International shark meet held in Kochi, Kerala at CMFRI
- Which organizations organized the 4-day International Shark Meet ?
1) World Food Programme(WFP) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
2) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) and Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO)
3) Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO) and Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CFRMI)
4) Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CFRMI) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO) and Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CFRMI)
Representatives from the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) as well as researchers on shark trade, are attending the 4-day International Shark Meet at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CFRMI). The meet is jointly organised by FAO and CFRMI.
- What is the Gross Domestic Product(GDP) of India for the year 2019 as per the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) report 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 7%
On July 23, 2019, According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s latest update on World Economic Outlook (WEO) report 2019, India’s GDP (gross domestic product) growth expected to grow by 7% in 2019 (FY-Fiscal Year 2020) and 7.2% in 2020 (FY21). It cuts its forecast for FY20 to 7% from 7.3%, that had predicted in April 2019 & for FY21 to 7.2% from the previous estimate of 7.5%. It scales down its outlook for both the years due to a broad-based slowdown in consumption and investment demand in India.
- Name the Reserve Bank of India(central bank’s) medium-term strategy framework (2019-22) in line with evolving macroeconomic environment .
1) Economics 2022
2) Evolove 2022
3) Macro 2022
4) Utkarsh 2022
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Utkarsh 2022
On July 23, 2019, India’s central banking institution, Reserve Bank of India(RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das launched “Utkarsh 2022”, central bank’s medium-term strategy framework (2019-22), in line with evolving macroeconomic environment. RBI will also periodically monitor the implementation and progress via its sub-committee.In April 2015, a formal strategic management framework was launched. The framework contains the mission of the RBI, the central purpose, the values(public interest, integrity and independence, responsiveness and innovation, diversity and inclusiveness, and introspection and pursuit of excellence) and the declarations of the vision and the bank’s commitment to the nation.
- Which entity has manufactured and delivered one Chetak helicopter to the Indian Navy ahead of its scheduled date ?
1) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL)
2) Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO)
3) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL)
4) Ordnance Factory Board(OFB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL)
The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) delivered one Chetak helicopter to the Indian Navy ahead of its scheduled month of august. The documents of the Chopper were handed over to Commodore Vikram Menon.The HAL entered into a contract with the Indian Navy in the year 2017 to supply 8 Chetak helicopters by August 2020, with the first two by August 2019.The remaining seven helicopters will be delivered by August 2020.Latest communication and navigation systems indigenously developed by HAL are fitted in this helicopter.
- Where did Wipro launched the project compliance lab, a part of the Tarang labs recently ?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Bengaluru, Karanataka
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hyderabad, Telangana
The 10,000 square feet project compliance lab was launched by Wipro in Hyderabad, Telangana. This lab will serve customers in defence, consumer electronics, Aerospace, Telecom, medical energy, and the manufacturing industries.The project compliance lab will be part of the Tarang labs, which is an independent product qualification lab of Wipro.The key focus of this lab is on security.
- Who will be conferred with the ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’ for the year 2019 on Mohun Bagan Day(29th July,2019) ?
1) Arijit Bagui & Ashok Chatterjee
2) Keshav Dutt & Prasun Banerjee
3) Arijit Bagui & Keshav Dutt
4) Mohammed Shami & Ashok Chatterjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Keshav Dutt & Prasun Banerjee
Keshav Dutt, the two-time Olympic gold medallist in hockey and Prasun Banerjee, former Indian football captain, will be awarded the ‘Mohun Bagan Ratna’ for the year 2019 on Mohun Bagan Day on July 29, 2019. Keshav Dutt, aged 94, is one of the oldest surviving hockey Olympians of India. He represented India in the 1948 London Games, where India won the first gold post Independence. Other Awardees
Best Football Player for the season 2018-19 Arijit Bagui India’s hat-trick hero of 2019 ICC World Cup Mohammed Shami Lifetime Achievement Award Ashok Chatterjee (Footballer)
- Who was assigned to run the monetary policy portfolio after the resignation of Deputy Governor Viral V. Acharya ?
1) V. Krishnaswamy Iyer
2) Mahesh Kumar Jain
3) N. S. Vishwanathan
4) BP Kanungo
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) BP Kanungo
On July 23, 2019, India’s Central Bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has assigned Deputy Governor BP Kanungo to run the monetary policy portfolio after the resignation of fellow Deputy Governor Viral V. Acharya. The monetary policy department, including forecasting and modeling unit, was earlier looked after by Acharya, who quit his role as Deputy Governor on June 2019.Kanungo will retain his currency management portfolio would become the 6th member of the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee, which will next meet on August 5-7,2019.
- Name the general, who was appointed as the next vice chief of the army staff in the Indian Army .
1) Manoj Mukund Naravane
2) Surinder Singh
3) Anil Chauhan
4) Abhay Krishna
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Manoj Mukund Naravane
Current General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Army Command, Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Naravane has been appointed as the next vice chief of the army staff in the Indian Army. He succeeds Lieutenant General D. Anbu who is retiring next month. Lt-Gen. R.P. Singh will take over as General officer commanding-in-chief, Western Army command, succeeding Lt-Gen. Surinder Singh.The current director-general of military operations (DGMO) Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan will replace Lt-Gen M.M. Naravane in the eastern command.The current director-general of military training Lt-Gen. A.S. Kler has been appointed as General Officer Commanding-in-chief of the South Western Command succeeding Lt-Gen. Cherish Matheson.Lt-Gen.I.S. Ghuman will take charge of Lucknow based General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Central Command from Lt-Gen. Abhay Krishna.
- For which commission, Kishen Mangaldas Narsi (Mumbai) has been appointed as the Chairman ?
1) Asian Weightlifting commission
2) International Olympic commission
3) Asian Boxing Confederation’s (ASBC) competitions commission
4) International Boxing commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Asian Boxing Confederation’s (ASBC) competitions commission
On July 18, 2019, India’s Kishen Mangaldas Narsi (Mumbai) has been appointed as the Chairman of Asian Boxing Confederation’s (ASBC) competitions commission. His appointment has been made under ASBC Constitution Article 38.3/F. The appointment was confirmed by the ASBC President Anas Naser Al Otaiba. Kishen, a former All-India University champion boxer was an International Referee and Vice-Chairman of the Executive Committee of the International Boxing Association (AIBA).Kishen, the founding interim President of the Boxing Federation of India has officiated in three Olympics.
- Which state’s Chief Minister (CM), H D Kumaraswamy has submitted resignation after losing majority in Assembly ?
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Karnataka
The Chief Minister (CM) of Karnataka H D Kumaraswamy (59) of Janata Dal (Secular) submitted the resignation to the Governor Vajubhai Vala after the Congress-Janata Dal (Secular) coalition government lost majority in Karnataka Assembly. The resignation was accepted with immediate effect but Kumaraswamy was asked to continue as caretaker CM till alternative arrangements are made. He served as the CM for 14 months. The confidence motion moved by Kumaraswamy was defeated with 99 voting in favour and 105 against it.
- Name the virtual museum software, which is to be used for digitization of Archaeological Museum across the country .
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) JATAN
On July 23, 2019, Union Minister of State of Culture and Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel stated that digitization of Archaeological Museum across the country is being done in a phased manner through special software ‘JATAN: Virtual Museum software’.
- Human Centres Design and Computing Group of which organization has developed JATAN software for digitization Archaeological Museum ?
1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing( C-DAC)
2) Electronics Corporation of India Limited(ECIL)
3) Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation(EPFO)
4) Centre for Development of Telematics(C-DOT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Centre for Development of Advanced Computing( C-DAC)
On July 23, 2019, Union Minister of State of Culture and Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel stated that digitization of Archaeological Museum across the country is being done in a phased manner through special software ‘JATAN: Virtual Museum software’, developed by Human Centres Design and Computing Group, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing( C-DAC), Pune, Maharashtra. It has been developed on the lines of the agreement between Human Centres Design and Computing Group, C-DAC, Pune, and Ministry of Culture. Virtual Museum Builder, used for creating digital collections in various museums and digital archival tools that are used in the background for managing National Portal and Digital Repository for Indian Museums.
- Name the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s first solar mission which is to be launched in the first half of 2020 to study Sun’s corona.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Aditya-L1
On July 23, 2019, The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that it will launch its first solar mission Aditya-L1 in the first half of 2020. It will be the first dedicated scientific mission to study Sun’s corona.Aim: It aims to put Aditya-L1 satellite (800-kg) into a halo orbit around Lagrangian point L1 of Sun and Earth system. The L1 point is situated at a distance of about 1.5 million km from earth.Aditya L1: It will be India’s 1st solar probe to study the magnetic field of the sun’s corona. The satellite will carry 7 payloads including the main payload Visible Emission Line Coronagraph (VLEC). It will study the dynamic nature of the sun’s outer most layers, corona, and chromosphere and collect data about Coronal Mass Ejections (CME).
- Name the low cost Biodegradable cellulose sheets which is converted from Jute fibre by Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation (BJMC) .
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sonali
A team of scientists working for Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation (BJMC) has developed a method to convert Jute fiber into low-cost Biodegradable cellulose sheets. It is named as “Sonali” – the Bengali word for “golden” bags. It is biodegradable after three months buried in soil and can also be recycled. Jute is called as the “golden fiber”.The leader of the team that developed ‘Sonali’ was Mubarak Ahmad Khan.Commercial production of alternative plastic-like bags made from jute will begin by December 2019. In April 2019, the Bangladesh govt has approved $900,000 from its climate change fund for the large-scale production of these bags.India is the biggest producer of jute in the world, followed by Bangladesh.
- Who was appointed as the head coach of the Indian table tennis team by Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) ?
1) Jörgen Persson
2) Jean-Michel Saive
3) Vladimir Samsonov
4) Dejan Papicas
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dejan Papicas
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) appointed Dejan Papicas of Canada as the head coach of the Indian table tennis team. He has signed a one-year contract which was offered by the Sports Authority of India (SAI).He will be in charge through the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.He will be paid $7000 per month and his contract will be up for renewal after the Olympics.
- Who won the Men’s singles title in 6th Edition of Bengal Open Squash Tournament for the year 2019 ?
1) Dev Sharma
2) Abhishek Pradhan
3) Abhay Singh
4) Arnav Mandhana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Abhay Singh
The 6th Edition of Bengal Open Squash Tournament for the year 2019 was held at the Calcutta Racket Club, Kolkata, West Bengal. It was held under the aegis of West Bengal Squash Rackets Association and Squash Rackets Federation of India. The total prize money for juniors were Rs. 3,00,000 and for seniors its Rs. 1,50,000.In Men’s category, Abhay Singh of Tamil Nadu won the title by defeating Abhishek Pradhan of Maharashtra by 11-6, 11-6, 11-4 scores.
- Name the batsman, who topped in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Batsmen’s Rankings .
1) Virat Kohli
2) Cheteshwar Pujara
3) Kane Williamson
4) Jason Holder
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Virat Kohli
In the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Batsmen’s Rankings, Indian skipper Virat Kohli retained his number one position with 922 points. New Zealand’s Kane Williamson (913) stood at the second position and India’s Cheteshwar Pujara (881) held the third position in the rankings. Team Rankings: India remained in the first place followed by New Zealand (2), South Africa (3), England (4) and Australia (5).Bowlers’ Rankings: Australian pacer Pat Cummins was ranked first with 878 points followed by England’s James Anderson with 862 points. Indian bowlers Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin held the 6th and 10th position respectively.All-rounders list: Jadeja was the best-ranked Indian at third spot behind Jason Holder of West Indies and Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh.
- Tanvi Khanna is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Squash
6th Edition of Bengal Open Squash Tournament for the year 2019 was held at the Calcutta Racket Club, Kolkata, West Bengal.In Women’s category, Asian Games medalist Tanvi Khanna of Delhi won the title by defeating Tamil Nadu’s Aparajitha Balamurukan by 11-7, 11-6, 5-11, 13-11 scores.
Women’s Category Winner Runner Under- 19 Aishwarya Khubchandani (Maharashtra) Tanaya M Parakh (West Bengal) Under- 17 Avani Nagar (Maharashtra) Tanishka Jain (Maharashtra) Under-15 Shameena Riaz (Tamil Nadu) Soniya Bajaj (Maharashtra) Under-13 Navya Sundararajan (Uttar Pradesh) Khushboo (Uttar Pradesh) Under-11 Sehar Nayar (Chhattisgarh) Vyomika Khandelwal (Maharashtra)
- Cricketer Solomon Farai Mire, of which country announced retirement recently ?
2) New zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Zimbabwe
Solomon Farai Mire (29), Zimbabwe’s all-rounder has announced his retirement from cricket across all formats after the suspension of Zimbabwe Cricket by the ICC (International Cricket Council). Solomon played two Tests, 47 ODIs(One Day International) and nine T20Is for Zimbabwe, and scored a century and five fifties across all three formats.He also currently holds the record for the highest score for Zimbabwe in a T20I for the 94 he scored against Pakistan in 2018.
- Name the former Chinese Premier nicknamed “Butcher of Beijing”, best known for announcing martial law during the 1989 Tiananmen protests passed away recently .
1) Li Peng
2) Zhao Ziyang
3) Hua Guofeng
4) Zhou Enlai
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Li Peng
Former Chinese Premier Li Peng, best known for announcing martial law during the 1989 Tiananmen protests, has died of an illness. He was 90. He was referred as “Butcher of Beijing” for his role in the Tiananmen Square crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 1989. He was born on 20 October 1928 in Sichuan province in China’s south-west.He served as China’s 4th Premier from 1987 to 1998 and held several posts in the Communist Party.He was also the former chairman of the National People’s Congress Standing Committee.
- Maxim Dadashev passed away recently, he belonged to which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Boxing
On July 23, 2019, The Russian boxing federation announced that Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died from brain injuries sustained during a junior welterweight IBF World Title Elimination fight with Subriel Matias (Puerto Rica) in Maryland, United States. He was 28. Dadashev, known as “Mad Max” was hospitalized & underwent emergency brain surgery but failed to recover.He was born on 30 September 1990, Saint Petersburg, Russia was the 2008 World Junior Championships, silver medalist. He was undefeated in 13 professional bouts, 11 of them are knockouts or technical knockouts.
- Aaykar Diwas is celebrated by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) annually on ________.
1) July 23
2) July 24
3) July 22
4) July 21
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) July 24
On July 24, 2019, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and all field offices celebrated the 159th Aaykar Diwas (Income Tax Day). The main function was held at New Delhi which was presided over by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Minister of State for Finance Anurag Singh Thakur and other senior officials of the ministry also participated in the event. On this occasion, the department launched ‘Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyaan’ to assist and support taxpayers and other stakeholders to help them to e-file their returns and discharge other tax-related obligations.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) located ?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland
- Ranji Trophy is associated with which sport ?Answer – Cricket
BCCI has decided to use “limited DRS” during the Ranji Trophy knockout matches from this season in a bid to cut down on umpiring howlers that grabbed headlines during previous seasons. The DRS version to be used during the domestic tournament will not comprise Hawk-Eye and UltraEdge, the two key elements of the system used in international cricket.
- Kaziranga National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Assam
Over 150 anti-poaching camps in the Kaziranga National Park have been affected due to Assam floods The Kaziranga National Park is home to the world’s largest population of Indian one-horned rhinoceroses The authorities are working round-the-clock to check poaching.Ninety per cent of the Kaziranga National Park in Golaghat and Nagaon districts of the state was submerged.
- Who is the President of Zimbabwe ?Answer – Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Where is the headquarter of International Cricket Council (ICC) located ?Answer – Dubai, United Arab Emirates