AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which state’s 2880 MW Dibang Multipurpose Project was approved by Cabinet recently for an amount of Rs. 1600 crore ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Arunachal Pradesh
Approval was given to the expenditure on pre-investment activities and various clearances for Dibang Multipurpose Project (MPP) in Arunachal Pradesh for an amount of Rs. 1600 crore. It is located on river Dibang, in Lower Dibang Valley District of Arunachal Pradesh.Cost: The estimated total cost of Project is Rs. 28080.35 including IDC (Interest During Construction) & FC of Rs 3974.95 crore at June 2018 price level. Tenure: The estimated completion period for the project shall be nine years from receipt of Government sanction. Benefits: The project shall generate 2880 MegaWatts (12x240MW) power to produce 11223MU of energy in a 90% dependable year. The dam is 278 metres high. It will be the highest dam in India once completed. The Government of Arunachal Pradesh will get 12% free power from the project i.e. 1346.76 MU (Million Units). 1% free power (i.e. 112 MUs) will be given in Local Area Development Fund(LADF). The total value of benefit to Arunachal Pradesh from Free power and contribution to LADF will be Rs 26785 crore over the project life of forty years.
- Name the commission, whose term was extended by cabinet up to November 30, 2019 .
1) Fifteenth Finance Commission
2) National Statistical Commission
3) National Commission for Women
4) Space Commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fifteenth Finance Commission
Approval was given to the extension of the term of the Fifteenth Finance Commission up to November 30, 2019. It will help the Commission to examine various comparable estimates for financial projections in view of reforms and the new realities to finalize its recommendations for the period 2020-2025.Background: The Fifteenth Finance Commission was constituted by the President of India on November 27, 2017 in pursuance of clause (1) of Article 280 of the Constitution and Finance Commission (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1951. The Commission had to submit its Report on the basis of its Terms of Reference (ToR) by October 30, 2019 covering a period of five years commencing from 1st April, 2020.
- Which railway line has received cabinet approval for construction via Rangiya doubling (142.97 km) of Northeast Frontier Railway in Assam with an estimated cost of Rs 2042.51 crore ?
1) Karbi Anglong and Agthori
2) Tinsukia and Nagaon
3) Karbi Anglong and Sonitpur
4) New Bongaigaon and Agthori
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Bongaigaon and Agthori
Approval was given to construct the New Bongaigaon and Agthori via Rangiya doubling (142.97 km) of Northeast Frontier Railway in Assam with an estimated cost of Rs. 2042.51 crore. The project will be completed by 2022-23. It will be executed by Construction Organization of Northeast Frontier Railway. It will traverse through Bongaigaon, Baksa, Barpeta, Nalbari and Kamrup districts of Assam. It will help to remove the existing capacity constraints of existing network and handle the increasing freight and passenger traffic by doubling of New Bongaigaon – Agthori via Rangiya. Overall operative performance of New Bongaigaon – Agthori via Rangiya will improve by the doubling and congestion of section will also reduce to a great extent.
- Name the bill approved by cabinet, for setting up the medical commission in place of Medical Council of India (MCI) .
1) National Commission for Medical Bill, 2019
2) National Medical Commission Bill, 2019
3) Medical Commission Bill, 2019
4) Commission for Medical Bill, 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Medical Commission Bill, 2019
Approval was given to the National Medical Commission Bill, 2019 which provides for the setting up of a medical commission in place of Medical Council of India (MCI) and repeal of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.The Common Final year Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) exams to be known as National Exit Test (NEXT). They will serve as licentiate exam for entrance to PG (Post graduate) medical courses and as a screening test for foreign medical graduates. NEET and NEXT shall be applicable to Institutes of National Importance (INIs) like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to have common standards in the country. The Commission will regulate fees and all other charges for 50% seats in private medical colleges and deemed universities.
- Where are the new four National Institutes of Design (NID), which were included in National Institutes of Design (NID) Act, 2014 ?
1) Amaravati, Bhopal, Jorhat and Varanasi
2) Amaravati, Bhopal, Chennai and Kurukshetra
3) Amaravati, Bhopal, Jorhat and Kurukshetra
4) Amaravati, Mumbai, Jorhat and Kurukshetra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Amaravati, Bhopal, Jorhat, and Kurukshetra
Approval was given to amend the National Institutes of Design (NID) Act, 2014, to include 4 new such centres within the ambit of the law and declare them as institutions of national importance. The four new NIDs which would be included are in Amaravati, Bhopal, Jorhat, and Kurukshetra. They will be able to grant a degree, diploma, and other academic distinctions. By granting the status of institutions of national importance to new NIDs, they will ensure that design education becomes socially inclusive and address the needs of design in various sectors including agriculture, health care, and transportation.
- Which country has signed Inter-Institutional Agreement with India in regenerative medicine and 3D(Three-Dimensional) bioprinting, new technologies, exchange of scientific information and technologies, and joint use of scientific infrastructure ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) USA
On July 17, 2019 The Union Cabinet gave its approval to the Inter-Institutional Agreement between India and the USA in the areas of regenerative medicine and 3D(Three-Dimensional) bioprinting, new technologies, exchange of scientific information and technologies, and joint use of scientific infrastructure. Benefits of MoU:The agreement opens door to all qualified scientists and technologists for joint research projects, training programs, conferences, seminars, etc that will be supported on the basis of scientific merit and excellence.Both sides will anticipate the general academic exchange regarded under the Agreement will lead to the development of specific projects, each of which may have academic, clinical and commercial implications.
- How many amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 (IBC) were approved by union cabinet to speed up the bankruptcy resolution process ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 7
On July 17, 2019, The Union Cabinet approved 7 amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 (IBC). It will help to speed up the bankruptcy resolution process and correct deviations that have crept into its functioning. It clarifies the uncertainty arisen after the ruling by the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) in the Essar Steel resolution case.
- How many days was given by cabinet for bankruptcy resolution process including litigations and other judicial process ?
1) Within 310 days
2) Within 330 days
3) Within 350 days
4) Within 370 days
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Within 330 days
Resolution process: It must be completed within 330 days, including litigations and other judicial process. At present, the resolution plan for an insolvent company should be cleared within 270 days. Rights: Union Cabinet clarified the rights of financial as well as operational creditors who have not spoken in favour of a resolution. The amendment proposes that they will get a share of proceeds from the sale of the debtor company or its liquidation as per the hierarchy specified in IBC.
- CAGR was in news recently, what does C stands for __________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Compounded
C stands for Compounded.Full form of CAGR is Compounded Annual Growth Rate(CAGR).
- Which organization has projected the demand of digitally skilled talent to grow significantly at 35% Compounded Annual Growth Rate(CAGR) till 2023 ?
1) National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM)
2) Confederation of Indian Industry(CII)
3) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
4) United Nation(UN)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM)
On July 17, 2019, As per the Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry, NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies), the demand for digitally skilled talent projected to grow significantly at 35% Compounded Annual Growth Rate(CAGR) till 2023. In 2023, the demand for digitally skilled professionals will rise to 2.3-2.7 million. Currently, the digital talent in IT-ITeS(Information Technology Enabled Services) industry in the country increased at over 20% and has a base of 2,60,000 in cloud computing, 185,000 in AI(Artificial Intelligence) & big data analytics, 185,000 in social media and mobile platforms and 170,000 in IoT(Internet of Things).
- Where was the 8th meeting of India-Uzbekistan Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism held ?
1) Samarkand, Uzbekistan
2) Mumbai, India
3) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi, India
On July 16, 2019, 8th meeting of India-Uzbekistan Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism was held in New Delhi. It was co-chaired by Mr. Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary (Counter Terrorism), Ministry of External Affairs and Ambassador Farhod Azriev of Uzbekistan. The Joint Working Group assessed the threats posed by terrorist groups in their respective regions including cross border terrorism and worldwide.They exchanged views on current counter-terrorism challenges prevailing in the countries.
- Name the Campaign launched by Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi to sensitize and mobilize the people on measures about prevention and control of Vector-Borne Diseases (VBDs) like Malaria, Dengue, and Chikungunya.
1) Prevention of Vector Borne
2) Jagrukta Abhiyaan
3) Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
4) My India Healthy India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jagrukta Abhiyaan
On July 17,2019 Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched a 3-day public awareness campaign named “Jagrukta Abhiyaan” in New Delhi to sensitize and mobilize the people on measures about prevention and control of Vector-Borne Diseases (VBDs) like Malaria, Dengue, and Chikungunya. Aim: The campaign aimed at making the community a partner for checking vector(mosquito) breeding across Delhi.Participants: It is the people’s movement in Delhi by the involvement of people’s representatives, officers from Government of India & Delhi, New Delhi Municipal Corporations(NDMC), Delhi Municipal Council, Railways and Cantonment Board and other stakeholders.
- Which of the following states have now access to the Internet Saathi initiative, a collaborative programme of Google India and Tata Trusts which facilitate digital literacy among women in rural India ?
1) Madhya Pradesh and Bihar
2) Uttar Pradesh and Haryana
3) Punjab and Odisha
4) Odisha and Meghalaya
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Punjab and Odisha
On July 16, 2019, Internet Saathi initiative, a collaborative programme of Google India and Tata Trusts, will be expanded to villages in Punjab and Odisha. Launched in July 2015, the initiative aims to facilitate digital literacy among women in rural India. Benefits: The programme has contributed towards bridging the digital gender divide in rural India. Initially, in 2015, female to male ratio was 1 in 10 and in 2018, it was increased to 4 in 10. It has trained 70,000 ‘Internet Saathis’.States Covered: The programme started as a pilot in Rajasthan and was expanded to states including Gujarat, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, West Bengal, Tripura, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Haryana,Tamil Nadu, Goa, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Telangana.
- How many beaches of India were selected by Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) to compete for the ‘Blue Flag’ certification ?
1) 12 Beaches
2) 13 Beaches
3) 14 Beaches
4) 15 Beaches
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 12 Beaches
On July 15, 2019, The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has selected 12 beaches in India to compete for the ‘Blue Flag’ certification. The 12 beaches : It includes Bhogave (Maharashtra), Shivrajpur (Gujarat), Ghoghla (Diu), Miramar (Goa), Kappad (Kerala), Eden (Puducherry), Kasarkod and Padubidri (Karnataka), Mamallapuram (Tamil Nadu), Golden (Odisha), Rushikonda (Andhra Pradesh) and Radhanagar (Andaman & Nicobar Islands).
- Which became the 76th country to sign the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement ?
3) Republic of Nauru
4) Republic of Palau
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Republic of Palau
The Republic of Palau, an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean has signed International Solar Alliance Framework agreement to become a 76th country that joined the International Solar Alliance(ISA). It was signed by Palau President Tommy Remengesau during a special ceremony at Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations (UN). ISA Framework Agreement has been ratified by a total of 54 of the 76 countries till now. Palau is a host country for 2020 edition of the ‘Our Oceans conference’. This will focus on issues such as climate change, sustainable fisheries, and marine pollution.
- Which bank has launched a new digital platform called ‘InstaBIZ’ for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and self-employed customers for easing their business banking transactions digitally and instantly ?
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) State Bank of India
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) ICICI Bank
On July 17, 2019, India’s largest private sector bank, ICICI(Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) launched a new digital platform called ‘InstaBIZ’. It targeted at micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and self-employed customers, enable them to undertake their business banking transactions digitally and instantly.Going Digital: The platform offers over 115 products and services online through mobile phone or internet banking platform.
- By which year central government of India has decided to increase coal production to one billion tonne?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2022-23
On July 17, 2019, Union Minister of Coal Prahlad Joshi informed that due to insufficient domestic availability of coking coal, the gap between demand and supply of coal cannot be bridged completely. But there are plans to increase the total production of coal in India to one billion tones by 2022-23.All India raw coal increased its production from over 462 Metric tonnes in 2013-14 to around 730 metric tonnes in 2018-19.For the transportation of coal, 14 dedicated corridors are being developed.
- Name the campaign which received the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award 2019 under the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category.
1) “Find the Incredible you”
2) “Live there”
3) “Let’s keep travelling forward”
4) “Discover A-Z of India”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) “Find the Incredible you”
The Ministry of Tourism’s campaign, “Find the Incredible you” has won the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award 2019 under the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category. Aim: The campaign which focuses on digital and social media and the promotion of niche tourism products of the country won the award among 198 entries from 78 organizations and individuals worldwide.Find the Incredible You: It was launched as part of ‘Incredible India 2.0’ Campaign. Series of transformative experiences of foreign through unique storytelling in the format of autobiographies with the tagline “Find the Incredible You were launched under the campaign, which had shifted strategy focus from external experience of tourist destinations to internal experience of travelers themselves.
- Who overtakes Bill Gates and became 2nd richest person in the world as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2019 ?
1) Mark Zuckerberg
2) Jeff Bezos
3) Warren Buffett
4) Bernard Arnault
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bernard Arnault
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2019, French businessman & CEO of LVMH (a merger of renowned brands Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy), Bernard Arnault (70) has overtaken Bill Gates as the world’s 2nd richest person. Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft, is now the world’s third-richest person with $107 billion as compared to second-richest person Arnault’s $108 billion wealth.Jeff Bezos, Amazon Inc’s founder remains the richest person in the world with a net worth of $124 billion.According to Bloomberg, Arnault’s increased 39 billion dollars to his fortune in 2019, the highest individual gain on the 500-member index.
- From which organization, Christine Lagarde resigned as the Managing Director (MD)?
1) Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO)
2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
3) United Nation(UN)
4) World Bank(WB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Managing Director (MD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Christine Lagarde, aged 63, has resigned from her post. She will formally step down on September 12, 2019. She is awaiting the confirmation to take over as the new President of European Central Bank (ECB) where she will succeed Mario Draghi.She was the former French Finance Minister ahead of her appointment to IMF in 2011.She is known as the “rock star” of international finance.
- Which country’s Right-arm medium pacer, Jade Dernbach announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket ?
1) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) England
Right-arm medium pacer, Jade Dernbach(33) of England announced his retirement from all forms of international cricket on the day England won 2019 World Cup held at Lord’s (also known as Lord’s Cricket Ground), London. He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, and moved to England as a 14-year-old.He last played an international match in 2014. He made his first-class debut in 2003 and won the NBC Denis Compton Award in 2004 and 2009.He made his international debut in 2011 & represented England 58 times.
- Johnny Clegg passed away recently he was a ________________ .
1) Singer and songwriter
2) Actor and Producer
3) Actor and Director
4) Actor and Signer
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Singer and songwriter
South African singer and songwriter& a Grammy nominee Johnny Clegg passed away after battling with pancreatic cancer. He was 66. He was born on 7 June 1953 at Bacup, United Kingdom (UK). He was a billboard music award winner known by many South Africans as “umlungu omnyama”, or “the black-white person”.He is one of the few white artists to openly confront the apartheid government in the late 1970s and 1980s.
- Marc Batchelor of South African was shot dead, he belongs to which sport ?
2) Table Tennis
4) Foot Ball
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Foot Ball
On July 15, 2019, Former South African soccer player Marc Batchelor was shot dead in car, outside his home in Olivedale, Johannesburg, South Africa. He was 49 years old. Born on January 4, 1970 in Johannesburg, South Africa, he played for South African teams Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Mamelodi Sundowns, Moroka Swallows & Supersport United and retired in 2003.He won four major trophies with Orlando Pirates including the 1995 African Cup of Champions Clubs.
- Veteran actor Swarup Dutta passed away recently, he acted in which regional cinema?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bengali
On July 17, 2019, Swarup Dutta, Veteran Bengali actor known for his performances in Bengali films such as “Pita Putra” and “Harmonium” passed away due to age-related ailments in Kolkata. He was 78.He was born on June 22, 1941.Datta had worked in many films in Bengali cinema in the 1960s and ’70s. He started his film career with Tapan Sinha’s Apanjan.His debut film was Tapan Sinha’s “Apanjan” (1968), and he made a mark in the Bengali film and theatre industries. He also worked in Bollywood movies with actor Jaya Bhaduri in Upahar.
- Who is the author of the book titled, “Kargil: Untold stories from the War” released in New Delhi on the 20th anniversary of the Kargil War ?
1) Amish Tripathi
2) Rachna Bisht Rawat
3) Ruskin Bond
4) Salman Rushdie
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rachna Bisht Rawat
On the 20th anniversary of the Kargil War a new book titled, “Kargil: Untold stories from the War” authored by Rachna Bisht Rawat released in New Delhi. The book has been published by Penguin Random House.2019 marks the 20th anniversary of the Kargil War lasted for nearly three months, initiated in the May of 1999 in an effort to displace Pakistani soldiers from the peaks they had occupied on the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC). India got the victory in the war, but lost over 500 soldiers.The book is based on the Author’s interview with war survivors and martyrs’ families.The book also features stories of “extraordinary human courage” of not just the men in uniform, but also of their families.
- International Malala Day is observed annually on _________ ?
1) July 12
2) July 18
3) July 15
4) July 17
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) July 12
International Malala Day was observed on July 12, 2019. It is observed by the United Nations (UN) to highlight the work for the education of Pakistani children by the Pakistani child activist Malala Yousafzai.The first International Malala Day was announced by the UN in November 10, 2012, exactly a month later (9 October 2012) when she was shot by the Taliban for campaigning for girls’ education in Pakistan.The day is observed since July 12, 2013. It was declared on the 16th birthday of Malala Yousafzai (Born on July 12, 1997).
- In recognition of Nelson Mandela’s contribution to “the culture of peace and freedom” United Nations (UN) passed a Resolution declaring July 18 as “Nelson Mandela International Day”, he was a former president of which country ?
4) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) South Africa
Nelson Mandela International Day was observed on July 18, 2019. It marks the 101st birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela, who was born on July 18, 1918.The day is celebrated since 2009 after United Nations (UN) passed a Resolution A/RES/64/13 declaring July 18 as “Nelson Mandela International Day” in recognition of the former South African President’s contribution to “the culture of peace and freedom”.Late Nelson Mandela was the former President of South Africa (1994- 1999). He had spent 27 years in prison in his struggle against racism, poverty and social injustice.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Keoladeo Ghana National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Rajasthan
- Who is the Chief Economist of International Monetary Fund (IMF) ?Answer – Gita Gopinath
- What is the tagline of ICICI Bank ?Answer – Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka
- What is the Capital and Currency of Palau ?Answer – Capital: Ngerulmud & Currency: United States Dollar
- Who is the President of National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM) ?Answer – Debjani Ghosh