AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which department has signed MoU with Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) to develop a Broadband Readiness Index (BRI) ?
1) Department of Investment and Public Asset Management
2) Department of Economic Affairs
3) Department of Telecommunications (DoT)
4) Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion(DIPP)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Department of Telecom (DoT)
On July 16, 2019, Department of Telecom (DoT) and the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop a Broadband Readiness Index (BRI) for Indian States and Union Territories (UTs).
- ISPAI was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for ___________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Service
S stands for Service in ISPAI. The full form of ISPAI is Internet Service Providers Association of India .
- Who have been unanimously elected as members of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) from Lok Sabha ?
1) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Vishnu Deo Sai & Jayant Sinha
2) Satya Pal Singh, Vishnu Deo Sai & Jayant Sinha
3) Vishnu Deo Sai, Mansukhbhai Dhanjibhai Vasava & Jayant Sinha
4) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Satya Pal Singh & Jayant Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Satya Pal Singh & Jayant Sinha
On July 11, 2019, Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Former Minister of State for Human Resource Development(HRD) Satya Pal Singh & Former Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha have been unanimously elected as members of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) from Lok Sabha. Totally 15 members were unanimously elected by the Lok Sabha.
- PM-SYM scheme was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for ___________ .
1) S – Sansad
2) S – Shram
3) S – Suraksha
4) S – Swayam
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) S – Shram
S stands for Shram in PM-SYM.The full form of the Scheme is Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan.
- Name the pension scheme under which 30,85,205 Persons have enrolled till July 10, 2019 .
1) Atal Pension Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan
4) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan
Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union Minister of State for Labour and Employment stated that under the mega pension scheme, “Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan”, 30,85,205 Persons have enrolled till July 10, 2019.
- How much amount is given as monthly pension to the beneficiaries after attaining the age of 60 years under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs.3000
This scheme assures the minimum monthly pension of 3000 rupees to the beneficiaries after attaining the age of 60 years. In February 2019, Government of India (GoI) launched a voluntary and contributory pension scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM) for the benefit of unorganized workers, as per the eligibility.
- Which state is set to host the first-ever Himalayan States Conclave on 28th July, 2019 ?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Uttarakhand
The first-ever Himalayan States Conclave will be hosted by Uttarakhand on July 28, 2019, with the main focus on sustainable development of the Indian Himalayan Region. It will be held at Mussoorie. The event will discuss the common issues pertaining to states located in the Himalayan Region like environmental protection, Himalayan culture, and economic development.
- Golden Jubilee Edition 2019 (50th edition) of International Film Festival of India(IFFI) to be celebrated in which state?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Panaji, Goa
4) Hyderabad, Telangana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Panaji, Goa
On July 14, 2019, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar stated that IFFI (International Film Festival of India) will mark its Golden Jubilee Edition 2019 (50th edition) in Panaji, Goa scheduled from 20th to 28th November 2019. Russia will be the international partner for IFFI 2019 edition. Dignitaries: John Ira Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences & other eminent producers and cinematographers have been invited for the event.
- More than how many people suffered hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition worldwide as per the report titled ”State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2019” by United Nations agencies?
1) 810 million
2) 820 million
3) 830 million
4) 840 million
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 820 million
On July 15, 2019, The report named State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2019 produced by the United Nations (UN) Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Food Programme (WFP) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) was released.It stated that in the year 2018, more than 820 million people suffered from hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition worldwide. It is the for the third year in a row the number has risen.
- Where was the foundation stone of Baba Guru Nanak International University (BGNIU) has been laid ?
1) Nankana Sahib, Pakistan
2) Amritsar, India
3) Lahore, Pakistan
4) Attari, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nankana Sahib, Pakistan
On July 13, 2019, The foundation stone of Baba Guru Nanak International University (BGNIU) has been laid in Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of Baba Guru Nanak Dev, founder of Sikhism, in the Punjab province of Pakistan. The University’s foundation stone was laid by Pakistan’s Punjab Chief Minister Usman Bujdar.Overview: The university will be built in 10 acres of land and it will cost more than Rs. 258 crores to complete. An estimated deadline for completion of the construction has not set by Government.
- Which country was penalized by World Bank Arbitration Court worth $5.8 billion for unlawful denial of a mining lease to Tethyan Copper Company for the Reko Diq project in 2011 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pakistan
World Bank Arbitration Court imposed a penalty of $5.8 billion on Pakistan for unlawful denial of a mining lease to Tethyan Copper Company for the Reko Diq project in 2011.Background: In 2012, Tethyan Copper Company had approached the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) after the Balochistan government declined its lease request. Pakistan’s Supreme Court had terminated the deal in 2013. The case continued for at least 7 years.
- Who will feature in Britain’s new £50 banknote that is expected to enter circulation by the end of 2021?
1) John von Neumann
2) Charles Babbage
3) Alan Turing
4) Joan Clarke
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alan Turing
According to the Bank of England, Alan Turing, a crack code-breaker and visionary mathematician who set the foundations for artificial intelligence (AI) will feature on Britain’s new £50 banknote. The new note is expected to enter circulation by the end of 2021. Reason: The Bank of England is putting new faces on Britain’s banknotes as it switches from paper to polymer, a thin, flexible plastic film that is seen as more durable and secure.Background: In 2016, the polymer £5 notes were put into circulation with Winston Churchill and in 2017, £10 note with Jane Austen. Artist JMW Turner will feature on the £20 note in 2020.
- Name the Supreme Court judge, who was appointed as the international judge of the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC) recently .
1) Justice H. L. Dattu
2) Justice AK Sikri
3) Justice Dipak Misra
4) Justice T. S. Thakur
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Justice AK Sikri
The President of the Republic of Singapore Halimah Yacob appointed Justice AK Sikri, the former judge of the Supreme Court, as an international judge of the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC) with effect from August 1, 2019. His term will expire on January 4, 2021. At present, SICC has 16 international judges. He retired as a Supreme Court judge on March 6, 2019.He also served as Chief Justice of the Punjab & Haryana High Court, and Acting Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. He was appointed as a judge of the Delhi High Court in 1999.
- Which country has appointed former Indian cricketer & wicket-keeper, Kiran Shankar More as interim coach of its cricket team?
2) Sri lanka
4) United States of America
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United States of America
Kiran Shankar More (56), Indian former cricketer & wicket-keeper has been appointed as the interim coach of the USA (United States of America) cricket team. He replaces the head coach Pubudu Dassanayake of Sri Lanka, whose contract was to end by March 2019 but was extended to December 2019 had resigned due to differences with USA Cricket Board. He is from Vadodara, Gujarat.The USA Cricket has also appointed former India spinner Sunil Joshi as spin bowling advisor, and Pravin Amre and Kieran Powell as advisors for the batting department.In June 2019, More was also appointed as the USA’s director of cricket.
- Name the extinct bird with a hyper-elongated third toe, whose fossils were discovered in amber tree resin in Hukawng Valley of Myanmar.
1) Elektorornis chenguangi
2) Elektorornis Courser
3) Elektorornis Florican
4) Elektorornis Lapwing
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Elektorornis chenguangi
A study found that in the 2014 fossil of an extinct bird Elektorornis chenguangi, a hyper-elongated third toe was discovered in amber tree resin in Hukawng valley of Myanmar. It is a small bird which lived 99 million years ago and belonged to the group of extinct birds called Enantiornithes from the Mesozoic era.The lead author of the study was Lida Xing of the China University of Geosciences.The study was published in the Journal of Current Biology.Bird’s third toe measured 9.8 millimeters. It is 41% longer than its second toe, and 20% longer than its tarsometatarsus—the bone in the lower leg of birds.
- Where was the largest multi-sport event, 30th Summer University Games (XXX Summer Universiade) 2019 held ?
1) Stockholm, Sweden
2) Budapest, Hungary
3) Naples, Italy
4) Warsaw, Poland
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Naples, Italy
The 30th Summer University Games (XXX Summer Universiade) 2019, largest multi-sport event, participating 118 nations &having 18 sports. The tournament was held in Naples, Italy.
- Name the Indian Sprinter, who won the gold medal in Women’s 100-metre at 30th Summer University Games (XXX Summer Universiade) 2019 .
1) Hima Das
2) Dutee Chand
3) Swapna Barman
4) V. K. Vismaya
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dutee Chand
Dutee Chand, hailing from Jajpur district of Odisha, became the first Indian to win a gold medal at the event. She is the current national champion in the women’s 100 metres event. She is the third Indian woman to ever qualify for the Women’s 100 meters event at Summer Olympic Games (for 2016 Rio Olympics).
- Elavenil Valarivan was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shooting
Indian shooter Elavenil (Cuddalore, Tamilnadu) got 225.2 points in the final round to finish second behind Brazdova Lucie( Czech Republic) with 250.3 points.
Winners Medal Won Dutee Chand Women’s 100-metre sprint(Gold) Elavenil Valarivan Women’s 10m Air Rifle(Silver) Nina Chandel, Elavenil Valarivan and Aayushi Gupta Women’s team Air Rifle(Bronze) Angad Vir Singh Bajwa Men’s skeet(Bronze)
- Which country has won the top spot with 82 Medals (33 Gold, 21 Silver, 28 Bronze) in the 30th Summer University Games (XXX Summer Universiade) 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Japan
Japan won the top spot with 82 Medals (33 Gold, 21 Silver, 28 Bronze).India got 29th place in the list with the total medal tally of 4 (1Gold, 1Silver, 2 Bronze).
- Which country is set to host the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) from March 15 to 26, 2020 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On July 15, 2019, International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) approved India’s application to host the ISSF World Cup stages. ISSF World Cup in rifle/pistol/shotgun events to be held at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, New Delhi from March 15 to 26, 2020.The dates for the event were approved by the ISSF Executive Committee.It will be preceded by the Shotgun World Cup in Nicosia, Cyprus, from March 4 to 13, 2020.
- Name the deceased American professional boxer, who was Olympic boxing gold medallist and four-weight world champion & nicknamed as ‘Sweet Pea’.
1) Frankie Campbell
2) Pernell Whitaker
3) Daniel Marshall
4) Ernie Schaaf
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pernell Whitaker
On July 14, 2019, Pernell Whitaker, former Olympic boxing gold medallist, and four-weight world champion, passed away after he was hit by a vehicle in Virginia, United States. He was 55 years old. The American professional boxer who competed from 1984 to 2001 was nicknamed as ‘Sweet Pea’. He won Olympic gold at the 1984 Summer Games in Los Angeles, gold at the 1983 Pan American Games, silver at the 1982 World Championships and also won world titles at lightweight, light welterweight, welterweight and light middleweight. He was named as the fighter of the year by Ring magazine in 1989 and was also regarded as the best pound for pound boxer in the world during the early to mid-1990s.
- Which country’s former military dictator, Hussein Mohammed Ershad passed away recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bangladesh
On July 14, 2019, Bangladesh’s former military dictator, Hussein Mohammed Ershad, aged 91, passed away at a Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Dhaka, Bangladesh due to complications from old age. The former president who was in office from December 11, 1983, to December 6, 1990, was born on February 1, 1930, in Dinhata, Bengal Presidency, British India (Now in Coochbehar, West Bengal).
- Name the Indian general, who was awarded with the Mahavir Chakra for the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Kirti Chaka for the 1947 Hyderabad operations, passed away in Chandigarh recently .
1) Lt Gen Rajguru
2) Lt Gen Chandra Shekhar Azad
3) Lt Gen Ullaskar Dutta
4) Lt Gen JS Gharaya
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lt Gen JS Gharaya
Lt Gen JS Gharaya (retd), who was awarded the Mahavir Chakra in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Kirti Chaka in the 1947 Hyderabad operations, passed away in Chandigarh. He was 93. He had been commissioned before Independence into the Frontier Force Regiment in 1946.After Independence, he was transferred to the Bihar Regiment. In September 1948, he took part in the ‘Police Action’ in Hyderabad and effectively handled the Razakar militia which was opposing Hyderabad’s merger with India. For personal bravery, he was awarded the Kirti Chakra, the second-highest peacetime gallantry award.
- French government celebrates its National Day(also known as Bastille Day) on _________ ?
1) 12th July
2) 13th July
3) 14th July
4) 15th July
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 14 July
On July 14, 2019, The French government celebrated its National Day (also known as Bastille Day). It celebrates the actions of a mob of Frenchmen, tired of the rule of their king, who stormed a prison to get weapons & to free prisoners. The day marks the anniversary of the French revolution on 14 July 1789.It is officially known as la Fete Nationale (The national celebration) or commonly in France as La quatorze Juillet (the 14th of July).The Bastille, built in the 1300s, was a structure constructed to protect the city of Paris from attack by the English. Later, the fortress, a symbol of King Louis XVI’s rule, was used as a prison, mainly for more wealthy felons and spies. The first Bastille military parade celebration was held in 1880.
- Who lit the victory flame to mark the 20th anniversary of the successful culmination of Operation Vijay– Kargil Vijay Diwas -‘Remember, Rejoice and Renew’?
1) Amit Shah
2) Rajnath Singh
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rajnath Singh
On July 14, 2019, Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh lit the victory flame to mark the 20th anniversary of the successful culmination of Operation Vijay– Kargil Vijay Diwas -‘Remember, Rejoice and Renew’. A relay of a Victory Flame is conducted from the National War Memorial (NMW) in New Delhi to Kargil War Memorial at Dras, Kargil District. Jammu and Kashmir. The Victory flame which symbolizes the coalescence of the souls of the Kargil War martyrs was handed over to ace army shooter Subedar Jitu Rai who represented India as the first torchbearer.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the President of France ?Answer – Emmanuel Macron
- Where is the headquarter of International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) located ?Answer – Munich, Germany
- Name the Parent Organization of International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) .Answer – World Bank Group
- Bhagwan Mahavir (Mollem) National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Goa
- Where is the headquarter of World Food Programme (WFP) located ?Answer – Rome, Italy